[Variety Show] The Genius Season 4 (더지니어스) Grand Final - Premieres June 27

tg1.jpg

Article: [Exclusive] 'The Genius', Season 4 is coming! "Broadcast date to be confirmed"
Source: OSEN via Naver

1. [+754, -13] It will be successful as long as it won't be like Season 2

2. [+508, 10] Looking forward to it ㅎㅎㅎㅎ

3. [+495, -8] Kyaa~~ So excited. A program in which the people they cast becomes an important decision

4. [+352, -8] So excited to watch it

5. [+74, -2] I wish they invite Hong Jin Ho, Sunggyu and Jang Dong Min

6. [+74,-2] I have no other wish than to see Hong Jin Ho, Sunggyu, Jang Dong Min and Sunggyu again

7. [+66, -8] I hope they invite someone who's similar to Sunggyu!! Looking forward to it

8. [+49, -3] Cast Sunggyu !!!!

9. [+50, -9] I wanna see Sunggyu! Even if he's just a guest..

10. [+37, -3] 1>3>>>>>>>>2

'The Genius 4' confirmed to start airing in June

201505211455401113_1_99_20150521151505.j

Article: [Exclusive] 'The Genius 4' confirmed to start airing in June... More cruel mental fights to come

Source: My Daily via Naver

1. [+4182, -329] God Dongmin and Kong Jinho, please come again

2. [+3630, -56] I've been waiting for this! I want female panelists that are brave, not those that'll stick to others

3. [+3070, -208] Casting Jang Dongmin was god's work. I want them to pick celebrities based on their actual skills instead of their images

4. [+2338, -64] I want to see games that require smartness and mental fights

5. [+2193, -309] I want to see God Hyunmin again

6. [+468, -19] The games should be played individually... They always form allies

7. [+477, -45] Kong Jinho, Sunggyu, Jang Dongmin, Lee Sangmin!!

8. [+337, -13] Sunggyu, Hyunmin, Kong, Dongmin

9. [+413, -98] Season 3 was the best one. Jang Dongmin was the winner but Oh Hyunmin dominated the games... The games should be won by mental, not by forming allies

10. [+318, -12] KongGyu please

'The Genius 4' line-up confirmed

20150527_1432704006_46131300_1_99_201505

Instiz: [Exclusive] Kim Kyung Ran, Choi Jung Moon, Im Yo Hwan, Hong Jinho, Lee Sangmin, Jang Dongmin, 'The Genius 4' line-up confirmed

Winners and major players from all previous seasons are gathered. There will also be a lot of non-celebrities. Airing in June.

=

- Daebak, I'm so going to watch this

- Yay Kong

- Wow ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Sounds fun

- Woah, this is so daebak... I can only say daebak ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

1432695630406_99_20150527140404.jpg?type

Article: [Exclusive] Hong Jinho, Lee Sangmin, Jang Dongmin confirmed for 'The Genius 4' 'Will be the winner of the winners'

Source: Xports News via Naver

1. [+824, -12] I'm looking forward to it, true winners are going to compete ㅋㅋ This is indeed the winner of winners ㅋㅋ

2. [+757, -55] Woah, so daebak! I wished Hyunmin and Sunggyu would also be here

3. [+472, -9] Wow, this is too strong ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+418, -14] You're the best genius if you win this!

5. [+305, -7] Daebak~~~~~~~!!!

6. [+88, -0] It was a good choice for Jang Dongmin to give up Infinity Challenge. Center samba~

7. [+85, -3] 2's two wins = Hong Jinho! I hope Hong Jinho and Jang Dongmin would appear on every season

8. [+81, -0] Brain Play (Hong Jinho) vs Psychological Play (Lee Sangmin) vs Leadership Play (Jang Dongmin) Who's the real genius?

9. [+96, -34] I like Hong Jinho's individual genius play but I prefer Jang Dongmin's play... Team play without betrayals

10. [+60, -6] I like God Dongmin the most. He's good with individual plays and he's also good at the games that require leadership

-

Source: Naver

1. [+67, -7] I'm a huge fan of The Genius and what's certain is that studying and gaming are definitely different. Harvard fools Kang Yong Suk and Shin Ah Young... Menboong Mensa Ha Yeon Joo... Clueless Seoul Uni dentistry student... Such bubbles

2. [+56, -15] Crazy, I must watch this on the time slot, download, and watch each episode three times

3. [+44, -5] Such an amazing lineup

4. [+43, -7] Wow, all gods are here ㅋㅋ God Jinho, God Dongmin, God Sangmin

5. [+44, -8] Three winners, it's so amazing

6. [+18, -2] The most unexpected character was Jang Dongmin. I honestly thought he'd pull a Noh Hong Chul but he's actually smart, friendly, funny, and extremely charming... I view him differently after The Genius

7. [+17, -1] Is this the last season? They're putting all major players ㅋㅋ

-

Season 4 is titled 'Grand Final' and the full lineup is:
Jinho, Kyungran, Junseok, Jungmoon, Sangmin, Yohwan, Junghyun, Yoonsun, Dongmin, Hyunmin, Kyunghoon, Yoohyun, Yeonseung

Guest snowdjinn

OMG OMG OMG OMG

Hyunmin , Dongmin and Yoohyun from S3 !! Jinho, Sangmin, Kyungran from S1 !! Junghyun from S2 !! All of them are back for a big battle ?? OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG

If this is true ... Genius S4 will be THE BEST Korean Variety Show i EVER watched and it will always be the Best Show in my ENTIRE LIFE !!

*worships the Genius Show* PLEASE MAKE THIS COME TRUE !!!!

Wow it will be amazing... Wish they also got junghoon ... Hope yoohyun does better this time ... Also became a fan of jinho and dongmin from watching this show... And the hyunmin guy is the guy to watch out for 

Guest titinio

hi admin, can you please add the number of season on the tittle?

it was hard to search this forum coz the tittle is misleading. i thought noone make a thread for season 4 (which i slightly disappointed til a while ago), i wouldnt find it if i didnt search for the latest update from google advanced search.

back to topic, i'm not fond with the female cast aside from kyungran. jungmoon is quite a weak player and a passive type. i prefer that girl (yooyoung (?) i didnt watch all s2, sorry) from season 2 or sujin from season 3 whom at least showed some good play or at least give some idea and not only follow. it's quite saddening how they lack female players even after 3 season. maybe they should cast new players and not putting all winners in s4, at least wait for 5 season? there might be lot of smarter and powerful player that hasn't be found yet.

though i have to say the temptation is big. kong,sangmin,dongmin,hyunmin woah...all stars never disappoint. now if only they cast kim gura and sunggyu too, we need more charismatic player like gura who can scare others without threatening ala yongsuk on s3.

and if the PD create a great game without relying much on alliance, and more individual games, it will be perfect.

anyway, i cant wait for this season! bumdi said season 4 will air after crime scene over, it's predicted at the end of june. and that amazing girl/guy will sub it too~!!

oh, PS: can't the PD just get rid of kyunghoon?? his game play and presence is off putting. i know the PD might want to put a wild horse to break the game routine, to make things more unexpected, but his wild horse act was more a game killer than momentum changing. i wish others kick him out since first game.

Guest keemchia

daebak. that is all. it's a really great cast. you have those with strong mentality, strong intelligence, strong psychological warfare, strong leadership... it's really about what type or combination of play to use at one time. wished they'd re-casted sujin noona from s3. that noona was a tough cookie.  

i'm very very fond of hyunmin, and admire his mental skills greatly! people like him and yoohyun (which i also loved in S3) are the very crafty kind of players, and can give the past three winners a run for their their money. expecting hyunmin to have a much stronger mentality now, and for yoohyun to learn a little bit more about loyalty... haha. 

i'm actually very scared of how they will handle the alliances on this show. it's very easy to split into season-based alliances. so i'm more for individual games (or at least a mix of individual and team play games in the same day's events). if we see from s3, the hyunmin-dongmin alliance resulted in domination. it's going to be interesting how it plays out here - we have even stronger players here and the alliance making will be intense, to the point that it may makes things very unfair and not very fun. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest herojeje2601

It means that less than 1 month to go, yesssss!! I'm excited to see how few real genius fight in one stage, sure it will be very very very awesome, cruel hmmmm... I only watch Season 3 and stick to Oh Hyunmin n Jang Dongmin. I have seen Hong Jinho n Dongmin in Crime Scene, I think Dongmin is a bit better than Jinho in making conclusion. It's a game, but it's a horrendous game. I hope that this season will give something meaningful to the members like Hyunmin got. Less alliance relying game please, it's quite boring n predictable. Jang Dongmin go go go!!

I just hope they keep the games fair. In the past they resorted to playing rock, paper, scissors which is the lamest game they have.  I'm ok with alliances but games centered on that is just unfair.

Guest keemchia

Am absolutely loving the promo posters, so I'm posting them. Jungmoon vs Hyunmin (Youth), Junseok vs Yoohyun (Potential), Kyungran vs Yoonsun (Scary Noonas), Yeonseung vs Junghyun (Mentality), Yohwan vs Kyunghoon (Unpredictability), Jinho vs Sangmin vs Dongmin (King of Kings). 

The Genius Season 4 - Poster Releases - from https://www.facebook.com/tvnthegenius

URL]11417756_994326610580183_239371047984024

11416328_995135340499310_83992971574752811336807_992610994085078_54047347864688711406673_992240057455505_61285771216077911334071_993551863990991_81557366191949711133849_996198350393009_436215265993755

Guest fruitcomposer_stv

I'm really looking forward to this season!

Here's a preview of the first episode (video not made by me):

Guest ororomunroe

‘The Genius: Grand Final’ Holds Its Production Conference

s1j4d5bc5lr3ofui4lsf1a8wu7j827oj.jpg

tvN ‘The Genius: Grand Final’ held its production conference in CGV Sangam Branch on June 23.

Announcer Kim Kyungran, actor Kim Kyunghoon, entertainer Yoo Junghyun, Hong Jinho, comedian Jang Dongmin, singer Lee Sangmin, Choi Jungmoon and lawyer Lim Yoonsun attended the production conference.

‘The Genius: Grand Final’ is a real variety show where former players of the show will compete to get the jackpot.

Meanwhile, ‘The Genius: Grand Final’ will air its first episode on June 27. (photo by bntnews DB)

Cr: BNT News

• 3 weeks later...
Guest chloe.c

ohemgeee definitely going to watch this for Hong Jin Ho (and of course the show itself too)! But I don't really like to watch while things are still airing (especially having to wait one week for each episode)! But how am I going to wait till September to be able to watch this!  :'( Noooooo! Huge dilemma! 

Marathoned Season 1 (for Hong Jin Ho :D) and it was awesome! Still have to watch Season 2 and 3, but I know I'll be able to finish before this finishes airing. (Heard Season 2 is hard to watch though, horrible cast members?)

Reallyyyy have no idea whether to wait to marathon this or not........ :'( 

Season 2 is just 'dirtier' as compared to season 1. Basically the kind and soft ones get eaten up. So the audience may find it difficult to watch(there were quite a number of times when I simply felt like flipping my table along with my monitor screen), but on hindsight, it's what the contestants are doing to survive in the game anyway.. If you see it this way too, season 2 is actually alright. Sneaky, but smart.^_^

Anyway, with regard to dramas, dont know about you, but I hate watching them when they're still airing too because of dem cliffhangers. A car zooms towards our female lead, the female lead looks wide-eyed in shock and.. credits roll. If you're like me, I think it's alright to watch the genius on a weekly basis. Because each episode feels complete by itself.

Guest chloe.c

Season 2 is just 'dirtier' as compared to season 1. Basically the kind and soft ones get eaten up. So the audience may find it difficult to watch(there were quite a number of times when I simply felt like flipping my table along with my monitor screen), but on hindsight, it's what the contestants are doing to survive in the game anyway.. If you see it this way too, season 2 is actually alright. Sneaky, but smart.^_^

Anyway, with regard to dramas, dont know about you, but I hate watching them when they're still airing too because of dem cliffhangers. A car zooms towards our female lead, the female lead looks wide-eyed in shock and.. credits roll. If you're like me, I think it's alright to watch the genius on a weekly basis. Because each episode feels complete by itself.

Thanks for the reply! I've started Season 2 already, and it's OKAY so far, but I heard it turned people off around Episode 6 or something. I have a feeling I'll be wanting to flip the table too ^_^ Any "betrayal" stuff in Season 1 was okay imo, but I'm guessing Season 2 is a LOT worse since I've heard several people say Season 2 was "disgusting" hahahaha.  I already kind of dislike it when there's betrayals since clearly many people can get through the rounds and win WITHOUT doing so...and Season 1 (and 3?) were obviously fine without being dirty!  But yes, that's true, it's not against the rules and it is definitely a way of winning. I'm sure that's what the producers want for the show anyways. 

Definitely hate watching dramas on a weekly basis too, which is why I haven't done that in a while already. I ALWAYS wait until the dramas are over (or at least close) before starting. 

I think that's true with variety shows, it's not as bad since the rounds are complete each episode and there aren't any cliffhangers. So I will consider it for this one after I've marathoned the rest! 

So does the "Grand Final" mean that this is going to be the last season of the show? 

That's great! Season 4 is already pretty intense now since it's the battle of the kings (and a jester, you'll see what I mean:rolleyes:) and it would be nice to watch it ASAP heh

And not sure about Season 4 being the last season.. iirc I've read/heard somewhere that if the ratings are good there may still be a continuation anyway

Just needed to vent after watching ep 3. Kyunghoon is literally the most annoying player on The Genius. His gameplay is utter crap, he ruins all the games, he whines all throughout - it's just a nuisance to watch. I want to watch Geniuses battling it out, but he's just ugh. I spend more of the viewing time getting annoyed at him and his whining than actually admiring the gameplay. So far Season 4 has been rather disappointing - way too much Kyunghoon, way too much majority alliance, not enough smart plays and the death matches haven't been my favourite either. 

Just needed to vent after watching ep 3. Kyunghoon is literally the most annoying player on The Genius. His gameplay is utter crap, he ruins all the games, he whines all throughout - it's just a nuisance to watch. I want to watch Geniuses battling it out, but he's just ugh. I spend more of the viewing time getting annoyed at him and his whining than actually admiring the gameplay. So far Season 4 has been rather disappointing - way too much Kyunghoon, way too much majority alliance, not enough smart plays and the death matches haven't been my favourite either. 

Hahahaha regarding Kyunghoon.. same I have been pissed off with the way he talks since s3 and I am sure I don't need to go into the details for you to relate with haha. But come to think of it now, being bad is better than being mediocre. I think Kyunghoon's addition is probably good in the sense that he is a f--ked up player. He makes a larger impact on the gameplay than any of dem followers inside just hoping to last for as long as possible. Imo relative to the corresponding episodes of the previous seasons, s4 is doing fine. Anyway, the Genius always gets better in the later part of the season (when the cast has been filtered lol). Let's have faith till then!

@noslalson

I don't really agree in that sense. I see it as a strategy to lie low and then excel later. Aim of the game is to win, so long term strategy is also admirable - Jinho was definitely like that in S1. I see Yoohyun being like that in this season. 

I like disruption in the form of Lee Jun Seok for example - who does it because he knows the impact it will make. Kyunghoon is just clueless and has no idea. He just irks me with his gameplay, his lack of integrity and just his whining every match. Even if this turns out to be all a strategy for him (I mean he pretty much got rid of a heavyweight favourite) I just don't like the guy because the way he's gone about it has just been frustrating. 

It is pretty annoying seeing him go further than a lot of deserving players - I would have been over the moon if he was eliminated in ep 3. I feel like other players are letting him through because they don't see him as a legitimate risk.  

Archived