Quantcast

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sugarplum892

Bob Saget, Lori Loughlin and Dave Coulier are only in Full House spinoff's first episode

The Olsen twins 'to return' to Full House sequel Fuller House

Olsen twin fans rejoice – famous siblings Mary-Kate and Ashley have reportedly decided to reprise their shared role as Michelle Tanner in Fuller House, the new sequel to Full House.

"They figured it would be a good break from their usual work routine to go and join their old cast members," a source told Life & Style.

"They are both going to join in the reunion in some capacity," added the insider.

olsen-twins---

The news comes just days after Ashley was confirmed to have been diagnosed with Lyme disease.

"[Ashley's] really still struggling," they continued. "But she's been trying to get on a health kick by going to the gym and taking better care of herself."

There was a media frenzy when it was revealed back in April that Full House was set to return, leaving fans wondering whether the famous twins would reprise their role in the television programme.olsen-twins-2-

The pair broke their silence about the speculation by telling WWD: "We just found out about it today.

"I guess we're going to talk to the creators and see what's happening." So far, so good.

But the news of the sequel actually came as a surprise to the twins. "I ran into Bob [Saget, their TV dad] the other day and we didn't even talk about it," Ashley said. Mary-Kate added: "I'm shocked I haven't heard from John [Stamos]."

They concluded by saying that they would speak to Bob and go from there. "I'm going to call [Saget] and get his perspective," said Ashley. Fingers crossed - we'll keep you updated!

Netflix confirmed that it is reviving the sitcom on Monday with a 13-episode pick-up entited Fuller House that will air in 2016.

Source

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have not agreed to do 'Fuller House,' sources say

When the long-rumored “Full House” reboot was confirmed by Netflix in April, fans of the original ‘90s show wondered: Just how full, would the “Fuller House” be?

Stars like John Stamos and Candace Cameron Bure were the first to confirm they would return for the reboot, along with Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber. Dave Coulier quickly followed suit, and the TV family made comments to imply that Lori Loughlin and Bob Saget could appear on the show as well.

But what about little Michelle, a.k.a Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen?

FOX411 has learned despite reports claiming that the twins have agreed to do the reboot, they have not signed on for the show at this point.

Multiple sources told us rumors that Mary-Kate and Ashely Olsen were confirmed to appear on the show were false.

But that doesn’t mean a return to “Fuller House” is completely out of the question. When the twins were asked about the Netflix series by Women’s Wear Daily in late April, they claimed they hadn’t been aware it was happening. (Do they live under a rock?!)

“We just found out about it today,” Mary-Kate said on April 21. “I guess we’re going to talk to the creators and see what’s happening. ... I’m shocked I haven’t heard from John [Stamos]!”

Stamos later called the claim that the two didn’t know about the show “bulls—t.”  

Ashley indicated to Women’s Wear Daily they would consider getting involved with the reboot.

“I’m going to call [Saget] and get his perspective,” she said.

The actresses-turned-fashion-moguls have long left the TV world behind. Though they’ve appeared in more than 30 movies and TV shows —mostly before they turned 18— neither twin has acted in years. Ashley’s last real role was in 2004’s “New York Minute” (though she did appear in a music video in 2013) and Mary-Kate hasn’t acted since 2011’s “Beastly.”

In a 2012 interview with Elle U.K. Ashley indicated the pair was done with acting for good.

Of her lack of on-camera appearances Ashley explained, "It doesn't mean I'm not interested in Hollywood. I like the way it operates, I like the people who are involved and the sense of possibility. But if I ever get back in, it's not going to be as an actress."

Mary-Kate added of the on-screen world, "It just felt right to move away."

A rep for Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen did not immediately return FOX411’s request for comment.

Source

There'll be no Michelle Tanner in Fuller House: Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen not returning

Don't expect to see Michelle Tanner again when Netflix premieres its Full House revival in 2016.

Fuller House producer Robert L Boyett confirmed today (May 22) that actresses-turned-fashion moguls Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen will not take part in the 13-episode series.

The Olsen twins in Full House

Boyett told The Hollywood Reporter: "Although Ashley and Mary-Kate will not be a part of Fuller House, I know how much Full House has meant to them and they are still very much considered family.

"It has been exciting to see how they have built their professional careers, and I support their choice to focus on their fashion brands and various business endeavours. 

"I appreciate their support and good wishes towards Fuller House."

There has been considerable confusion over the involvement of the Olsen twins in Fuller House, given that they claimed shortly after its commission that they'd had no idea about any revival.

Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen

Producer and star John Stamos would subsequently "call bulls**t" on their comments, before later clarifying that he had made peace with the sisters.

Dave Coulier, Candace Cameron Bure, Jodie Sweetin and Andrea Barber are all confirmed to be joining Stamos in Fuller House.

Source

I just read this news yesterday too, im quite heartbroken since i really liked them but they have already distant themselves from acting and such. I wish them the best.

Bob Saget Defends Olsen Twins’ 'Fuller House' Decision

Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen attend 'China: Through the Looking Glass', the 2015 Costume Institute Gala, at Metropolitan Museum of Art on May 4, 2015 in New York City -- Getty Images

"Fuller House" won't be full with the Olsen Twins, something Bob Saget is at peace with.

Access Hollywood spoke to the actor at the "Entourage" premiere on Monday, where he weighed in on Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen's decision to pass on appearing in the Netflix series.

"I'm not [upset they are not returning]. I'm not because I love them and I want them to do what they want to do and everybody should do what they want to do," he told Access .

Bob explained that their decision to not come back as Michelle Tanner has nothing to do with any hard feelings towards any of their former "Full House" costars.

"They love everybody, I mean, I love them, people should do what they want to do," he continued. "I think people that are doing [the new series] are excited that they are doing it. Nobody is feeling anything but happiness that people want to see [these characters] again."

The upcoming series will focus on the Tanner sisters D.J. (Candace Cameron-Bure) and Stephanie (Jodie Sweetin) and their childhood pal Kimmy Gibbler (Andrea Barber) and their characters' kids.

Along with Bob, Lori Loughlin, Dave Coulier and John Stamos, who will guest star and produce the series, are also lined up for the Netflix project.

The Olsen twins, 28, began playing Michelle when they were just 9 months old. "Full House" ran from 1987 to 1995.

Source

Bob Saget, Lori Loughlin and Dave Coulier are only in Full House spinoff's first episode

Bob Saget, Lori Loughlin and Dave Coulier are all returning for Netflix's spinoff of Full House - just not on a full-time basis.

The trio of original stars were all added to the cast in recent weeks, after originally being left out of Netflix's announcement of the 2016 spinoff.

The cast of Full House in 1993

Fuller House is being produced by original series star John Stamos, and will follow Stephanie Tanner (Jodie Sweetin) helping widowed sister DJ Tanner (Candace Cameron Bure) raise her young kids.

Loughlin offered an update on the revived series to Access Hollywood, revealing that she is only scheduled for a one-off guest appearance right now.

"Myself, Dave Coulier and Bob Saget will only be doing, as of now, the first episode," she explained. "I think John Stamos might be doing the first two."

The Full House cast reunite

She went on to tease: "It remains to be seen if we pop up throughout the season. I'm not sure, but right now it is a spinoff and that's what Netflix has bought."

One character you can definitely rule out seeing again is youngest Tanner daughter Michelle, given that Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen have dismissed taking part in the Netflix show.

13 episodes of Fuller House will debut on Netflix in 2016.