Guest ororomunroe

Lol more I look at Sul more I feel like that elegance is missing in both Suzy and Oh Yeon Seo ...at this rate any unknown face could create magic too..

@nearsea I agree with you, I feel like a new face would be better at this rate too. Suzy seems like a great person but I don't see her as Sul at all....I'm thinking more Go Ara, although I can't think of an actress who fits Sul's physical appearance to a T like Park Haejin does with Yoo Jung, I still Go Ara would be a good fit. Sul is pretty fiesty when she needs to be and Go Ara has shown she can do that well, she's also good at being clumsy which Sul is as well. Sul isn't known for being super pretty, I mean she isn't ugly at all but she has her own charms and Nation's Little Sister is not one of them, that's why I really think Suzy wouldn't fit the role because I wouldn't be able to look at her and think Hong Sul i would always just see Suzy the idol. Like people have mentioned with other cases where idols have been cast in popular shows like Answer Me, at least we had no idea of the character before hand, so its more believable, but Sul is such a unique character-she really seems like the average girl to me and we need someone who can make us believe they are Sul. Plus, we all have an idea of what Sul is like and looks like so it can't just be a popular idol or actress it has to be someone who can bring the qualities that make Sul who she is alive. 

BTW new to this thread. I just recently started reading CITT and I LOVE IT!! I'm almost caught up on the subbed chapters though...I started reading cuz of the hype and after I heard it was going to be made into a drama, and now I hooked!

That's exactly my feeling...so many people have clearly had it right..I wonder how the drama team is being so dumb about it...Suzy is such a pretty face I fear if they are going to dress her badly and try to pull off Hong Sul.Hope we get some good news soon..

Ps: welcome to the thread!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest adikkeluangman

miss A′s Suzy Reviewing ′Cheese in the Trap′ as Interest in Casting Intensifies

With miss A′s Suzy currently in talks to join upcoming drama Cheese in the Trap, interest in the drama′s cast is mounting. 

News of Suzy′s possible casting in Chesse in the Trap began circulating on July 7. Suzy is a strong candidate to play the female lead, Hong Seol, in the new tvN drama. Suzy′s agency, JYP Entertainment, stated "Suzy received an offer to appear in Cheese in the Trap, and we′re currently reviewing it."

95106002.jpg

Netizens are showing a lot of interest in Suzy′s possible casting. Park Hae Jin has already been cast as the male lead, Yoo Jung, in Cheese in the Trap. 

Cheese in the Trap is based on a webtoon of the same name, centered on a competitive college student, Hong Seol, her boyfriend and college sunbae, Yoo Jung, charismatic rebel Baek In Ho and the characters′ incidents of conflict and love. 

As Suzy′s name has been floating around as a strong candidate for Hong Seol, interest has been gathering on who will be cast to play Baek In Ho. BTOB′s Yook Sung Jae previously expressed his desire to play Hong Jun. 

Meanwhile, Cheese in the Trap will be produced by Eight Works, who produced OCN′s God′s Quiz, will air sometime in October.

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/95106/missa-suzy-in-talks-to-join-cheeseinthetrap

Hope Suzy will accept it. Knowing tvN love to ignore k-netz reaction and also they will also will not following or change some stuff in webtoon to suit the drama mood.

If she accepted this will be her first drama with tvN. She or JYPE will give answer after she got back from overseas schedule next week. But if she decline this drama, she will focus on acting project for the rest of the year. So maybe she will be in another project soon.

Guest ced2

Hi all. I've came to this thread after hearing about this project. I've read the webtoon (eng translation) until episode 57 And I seriously can't think of Suzy to portray this character. Seems that TvN is taking the phrase of "everybody's favourite" literally. Suzy might be a favourite in entertainment business since she is the "nation's first love", but she's not likeable for her acting though. Casting her for this drama could kill it even before the drama starts. I'm imagining Kang Sora or Go Ara. They can portray those emotion well. I seriously think of Kang Sora when i read the webtoon. It just fit her perfectly. For Baek Inho, Kim Woo Bin is good. But YYS would do great too. There's a lot of interesting character in this webtoon even as euntaek or bora. and I wish TvN dont spoil this drama with ridiculous casting. Please choose wisely!

Hi all. I've came to this thread after hearing about this project. I've read the webtoon (eng translation) until episode 57 And I seriously can't think of Suzy to portray this character. Seems that TvN is taking the phrase of "everybody's favourite" literally. Suzy might be a favourite in entertainment business since she is the "nation's first love", but she's not likeable for her acting though. Casting her for this drama could kill it even before the drama starts. I'm imagining Kang Sora or Go Ara. They can portray those emotion well. I seriously think of Kang Sora when i read the webtoon. It just fit her perfectly. For Baek Inho, Kim Woo Bin is good. But YYS would do great too. There's a lot of interesting character in this webtoon even as euntaek or bora. and I wish TvN dont spoil this drama with ridiculous casting. Please choose wisely!

You actually can read the English continuation here fyi

http://www.oddsquad.org/p/cheese-in-trap.html

It's even more annoying to know that Suzy and JYPE will only give answer next week. I don't want them to accept it and if they're gonna reject it don't take too long since time is precious. They need time to find another actress and the casted actress needs time to study Sul's role because Sul ain't a simple character, since I want Sul to be delivered well. But it's still better to have them reject it although it's taking quite long than her accepting it.

PD why did you have to offer this role to Suzy *facepalm*

Guest ced2

@riribl thank you for the link! will read tonight after work. So kind of you! Yes, i hope she and jype will reject it and realized that its not an easy character to be played. Please, cast somebody that suited the character well. Urgh..

It's even more annoying to know that Suzy and JYPE will only give answer next week. I don't want them to accept it and if they're gonna reject it don't take too long since time is precious. They need time to find another actress and the casted actress needs time to study Sul's role because Sul ain't a simple character, since I want Sul to be delivered well. But it's still better to have them reject it although it's taking quite long than her accepting it.

i really think that the scriptwriter hasnt read the webtoon and just the brief summary and thinks that this is just a typical campus romance with rich guy and poor girl. That's why the offer was out for Suzy and not others. At this rate, i just hope that this adaptation would not follow OM's path. i still cant believe what KBS does to the awesome OM with their adaptation

Oh dear we have to wait for another week. @ced2 I hope they offer to Kang Sora too since she will be available & will have time to get into charater. Also she had good working chemistry with Park Hae Jin. Go Ara is alright too but I wonder if she is available.

Kang So Ra will also be great. Her previous character in Warm & Cozy Lee Jung Joo is similar with Sul in some ways. I think KSR will be able to act as Sul well.

While saying this my heart hurts being reminded that the PD offered this role to Suzy over someone else who's pretty much capable like KSR.

Suzy's going to make the decision after one week? Now this makes the anticipation grow...surely she's thinking about taking the drama..otherwise why would she keep it to herself for one whole week right :sweatingbullets::sweatingbullets:

Guest ced2

I guess casting the cast for this drama will be a big headache to the production team. They have so many complex character and the most complex character hong seol shudnt be thrown to any "popular by look" idol turn actress.

Perhaps she was offered as kang ayeong. She would be perfect for that role. Not the complex hong seol.

Seriously though. I feel like quitting following this casting news already. Ha ha.

Suzy, Chun Woo Hee, and Oh Yeon Seo All Up for Cheese in the Trap Leading Lady Casting

nimo.jpg

The upcoming drama adaptation of popular webtoon Cheese in the Trap just got uncomfortably crowded in the leading lady category. The biggest casting news dropped first, that idol-actressSuzy was in talks for the college student role opposite confirmed male lead Park Hae Jin. Anytime Suzy’s name is floated publicly for a role it’s sure to garner extensive commentary and this time is no different, especially with so many fans of the webtoon having a distinct opinion of what that particular role requires and finding Suzy lacking to do it justice.

Read more HERE

Guest Bissu

i really think that the scriptwriter hasnt read the webtoon and just the brief summary and thinks that this is just a typical campus romance with rich guy and poor girl. That's why the offer was out for Suzy and not others. At this rate, i just hope that this adaptation would not follow OM's path. i still cant believe what KBS does to the awesome OM with their adaptation

I have a gut feeling that this is true too. Especially after seeing one of the knetz comments earlier: 

5. [+79, -1] At this point, I don't even want the drama adaptation. The scriptwriter's whatever.. and it's probably going to end up like some joke of a campus couple plot like Nodame.

Source: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2015/07/casting-talk-oh-yeon-seo-and-chun-woo.html

If this really happens I will be so pissed at this sloppy work ethic. If you're not going to even read the original material thoroughly how do you even expect to have an understanding of the plot and characters and even be able to write about it? This period is so frustrating. :angry:

Guest adikkeluangman

Netizens react to Suzy’s potential casting for “Cheese In The Trap”

A popular webtoon Cheese In The Trap is in the process of casting actors and actresses in an upcoming tvN dramatization.

While the only confirmed cast member up to this point is Park Haejin as Yoojung, Suzy of miss A along with several other actresses are in discussion for the role of Hong Sul, the lead female character.

One related official stated, “There is a lot of interest from the public on who the main female character will be for Cheese In The Trap. Not only is Suzy being considered, several other actresses are being considered for the role as well.”

Netizens who came across this news expressed their concern about Suzy in the role of Hong Sul:

[+ 18924, – 2041] Suzy doesn’t match Hong Sul, Hong Sul isn’t as big framed as Suzy. ㅠㅠ I like Suzy and I’m saying this for her own good please don’t do it

[+ 17032, – 852] I usually don’t care about characters syncing with the actor, but that’s not the problem here ㅠㅠ Hong Sul has very detailed emotionsㅠㅠ please use someone good at acting

[+ 14292, – 913] Are you crazy?????

[+11810, – 540] 90% chance that this is media play using Suzy ㅋ

http://www.koreaboo.com/netizens/netizens-react-suzys-casting-cheese-trap/

-----
miss A’s Suzy gains interest after “Cheese in the Trap” casting offer

JYP Entertainment responds to strong speculations that Suzy will be playing the lead for upcoming drama production, Cheese in the Trap. 

1c97ab81383f5ee7ffcef4646cc62e2d.jpg

Earlier today, there has been much interest towards Suzy’s possible casting after speculations began circulating. It was stated that she will she will possibly play the role of Hong Seol and will be acting alongside confirmed male lead, Park Hae Jin.

JYP Entertainment denied reports of such confirmation and stated that they are still in the process of reviewing the offer. Netizens, however, showed much interest over the casting.

http://www.koreaboo.com/kdrama/miss-as-suzy-gains-interest-after-cheese-in-the-trap-casting-offer/

K-netz are so bipolar. Since she in the news for past few days, like the first day they praised her beauty when she went to a movie premiere, next day when the news out that she received the drama script they don't want her and later when she at the airport for her overseas assignment they praised her again without mentioned about this drama at all.

This will be like Naeil's Cantabile all over again. Since this is so called hype webtoon-drama project. Why no actress-idol do the media play too. At least they can gain some attention of it. Poor CWH and OYS that they don't recieved the script but been drag into it.

Netizens react to Suzy’s potential casting for “Cheese In The Trap”

A popular webtoon Cheese In The Trap is in the process of casting actors and actresses in an upcoming tvN dramatization.

While the only confirmed cast member up to this point is Park Haejin as Yoojung, Suzy of miss A along with several other actresses are in discussion for the role of Hong Sul, the lead female character.

One related official stated, “There is a lot of interest from the public on who the main female character will be for Cheese In The Trap. Not only is Suzy being considered, several other actresses are being considered for the role as well.”

Netizens who came across this news expressed their concern about Suzy in the role of Hong Sul:

[+ 18924, – 2041] Suzy doesn’t match Hong Sul, Hong Sul isn’t as big framed as Suzy. ㅠㅠ I like Suzy and I’m saying this for her own good please don’t do it

[+ 17032, – 852] I usually don’t care about characters syncing with the actor, but that’s not the problem here ㅠㅠ Hong Sul has very detailed emotionsㅠㅠ please use someone good at acting

[+ 14292, – 913] Are you crazy?????

[+11810, – 540] 90% chance that this is media play using Suzy ㅋ

http://www.koreaboo.com/netizens/netizens-react-suzys-casting-cheese-trap/

-----
miss A’s Suzy gains interest after “Cheese in the Trap” casting offer

JYP Entertainment responds to strong speculations that Suzy will be playing the lead for upcoming drama production, Cheese in the Trap. 

Earlier today, there has been much interest towards Suzy’s possible casting after speculations began circulating. It was stated that she will she will possibly play the role of Hong Seol and will be acting alongside confirmed male lead, Park Hae Jin.

JYP Entertainment denied reports of such confirmation and stated that they are still in the process of reviewing the offer. Netizens, however, showed much interest over the casting.

http://www.koreaboo.com/kdrama/miss-as-suzy-gains-interest-after-cheese-in-the-trap-casting-offer/

K-netz are so bipolar. Since she in the news for past few days, like the first day they praised her beauty when she went to a movie premiere, next day when the news out that she received the drama script they don't want her and later when she at the airport for her overseas assignment they praised her again without mentioned about this drama at all.

This will be like Naeil's Cantabile all over again. Since this is so called hype webtoon-drama project. Why no actress-idol do the media play too. At least they can gain some attention of it. Poor CWH and OYS that they don't recieved the script but been drag into it.

It's not that the netizens are bipolar. They do love her, but just because they love her doesn't mean they overlook acting skill and image synchronization part. They also love the webtoon, the webtoon is highly popular and loved you know, both at Korea and internationally. Just look at the upvotes, what brings out those many upvotes not only because Suzy is widely loved and famous, but also because this webtoon is widely loved, until the extent of bringing in 50k+ likes per released chapter.

If you actually read the webtoon, the role that being offered to her, Hong Sul, is a complex role because she has many conflicting inner emotions and is subtle, so it needs a good actress who surely can act out this role and bring out the appeal of Sul character well. This story is centered around Sul and Sul is the one who leads the story, so it's very very important to have Sul role delivered well. If not the appeal of the story would be decreased to almost half because a part of what makes the story so good is Sul's thoughts, emotions, and expressions. Suzy isn't exactly known and loved for her acting prowess, thus why K-netizens reacted like that, because as much as they love Suzy, they doubt that Suzy can do this role well and her image doesn't match as well. They both don't want the adaptation and the loved female lead get destroyed because of lacking acting and don't want Suzy gets hates because of it. Even some of those who both love Suzy and actually read the webtoon said that they don't want Suzy in it because they doubt Suzy can carry out this role well, Suzy's image doesn't match to the actual character, and don't want Suzy to get hate from it. You see - just because they like Suzy and admire her for her beauty, doesn't mean they overlook what might be lacking from her. K-netz do want to see Suzy, but they want to see Suzy in a role which has higher chance for her to do well and less sensitive than this. They're against Suzy acting this role not because they hate Suzy, but because this role is too complex for her and her image doesn't match as well.

Perhaps you should try reading the webtoon to understand a bit more on why K-netizens and other fans are against Suzy acting as Sul so much.

‘Cheese in the Trap’ fans think Suzy is a misfit

Fans of online cartoon “Cheese in the Trap” are openly opposing K-pop singer Suzy’s possibly taking the lead female role for the upcoming drama spinoff. 

Comments including “Suzy’s very pretty but I don’t think she fits the role” and “It’s hard to believe (actresses) Chun Woo-hee and Oh Yeon-seo were not even contacted” tailed the latest episode of the ongoing comic strip. 

Suzy was announced Tuesday as a leading candidate for the role of female protagonist Hong Seol.

The drama is projected to launch in October on channel tvN as a Monday-Tuesday night show. 

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)
kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201507091312347527456_2

I just read the comments in the latest chapter of the webtoon (with my limited Korean skill), and almost all of the top comments are saying that Suzy doesn't fit Sul and they should cast Chun Woo Hee instead, not to mention those comments have 50k+ likes, 40k+, 30k+ etc. And this latest chapter is just released today btw (Thursday 12AM to be exact). The desperation is so real.

Let me translate some of the comments (rough translations):

(+51432) (-2400)   It can't be Suzy

(+49239) (-2269)  Chun Woo Hee and Oh Yeon Seo, the ones who received the most support to be Hong Sul didn't even get casted. This doesn't make sense ㅠㅠ

(+46526) (-2039)  As a lovely Cheese In The Trap fan I will tell you, it can't be Suzy

(+42166) (-1798)  I really really like Suzy, but I don't think Hong Sul role is for her...!

(+39622) (-1693)  Really please don't make Suzy do Hong Sul role. Not only Suzy but also the other idols. Please make a real actress do it ㅠㅠ

(+33065) (-2177)  Will it not do if it's Chun Woo Hee??

(+33012) (-2138)  I don't dislike Suzy but I want Chun Woo Hee

(+30837) (-1593) Everyone...The writer will be upset, why only talk about Suzy.... Today Sul is so sorrowful(?)

(+23785) (-1538)  Ha... Yoo Jung ㅠㅜㅜ (t/n: talking about the latest chapter). Writer-nim, as a Cheese In The Trap long-time reader, if I can say something it can't be Suzy.. Suzy is so goddess-like pretty but Sul isn't ㅠㅠㅠ

(+22729) (-1466)  Everyone, I also oppose Suzy but I think it's not good if you filled this place to only talk about the drama...

Source: http://comic.naver.com/webtoon/detail.nhn?titleId=186811&no=228&weekday=thu

You see Suzy, just reject it. Please T_T

*edited*

Adding translations for comments I missed in between.

• Just like the way they took a poll on Yoo Jung's role I don't get why can't they go the same route for Sul...aa seriously...if Suzy gets casted for real..I wish this drama doesn't get made in the first place

Guest Bissu
  • Just like the way they took a poll on Yoo Jung's role I don't get why can't they go the same route for Sul...aa seriously...if Suzy gets casted for real..I wish this drama doesn't get made in the first place

But what if Suzy fans bombard that poll voting for her. *shudder I don't want that to happen. 

--

Apparently Soonkki met up with the scriptwriter to share her view on the ending since the webtoon is still ongoing. But this is the first project this scriptwriter will be fully in charge of. Her only past work is co-writing Tree of Heaven. :o 

But what if Suzy fans bombard that poll voting for her. *shudder I don't want that to happen. 

--

Apparently Soonkki met up with the scriptwriter to share her view on the ending since the webtoon is still ongoing. But this is the first project this scriptwriter will be fully in charge of. Her only past work is co-writing Tree of Heaven. :o 

Ur right =S...don't want that to happen eitherr..

Is that so? Is that why they're off to inviting idol actresses out of inconsideration ..

Guest Bissu

--

Ur right =S...don't want that to happen eitherr..

Is that so? Is that why they're off to inviting idol actresses out of inconsideration ..

That is just inexcusable really. Unless Soonkki herself comes out with a statement saying she wants Suzy then I have to believe it's because the casting director and scriptwriter are half-assing. 

Archived