Guest ororomunroe

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is like splashing Really cold cold water over my excitement...seriously that's the best they could come up with? Considering there are so many talented actresses out there?  I also want to ask like netizen that have the production team read the webtoon? There are so many distinctive points in Sul's character that it's hard to overlook...suzy is like the opposite of sul if anything...she could rather play the character of Bek In Ha ..who's more on the look...Sul's paranoid,over hyper and always thinking so much between the lines while I'm fearing how that would come off if Suzy plays her...as someone mentioned she doesn't emote very well on screen.I was pleased with the production team with Jung Yoo's selection which was based on audience poll...but this is such a disappointment...hope they listen to the public reaction in this case too and doesn't ruin this drama.

hmmmmm sportsskh eported an update on Suzy's CitT casting news,

with insight of her last week's instagram update [fixing hair/color?] with

a simple caps of "Coming Soon" 

http://sports.khan.co.kr/news/sk_index.html?cat=view&art_id=201507071823323&sec_id=540101&pt=nv

oh noeeees. is that Sul's hairstyle or another comeback blitz...

anyways... guess guessing game continues until tvN confirms... aja!

Nooooooo, omg please don't let this happen. Of all the actresses in Korea and you're talking to Suzy! She's horrible and isn't near that level to carry Seol's personality or persona. 

I really hope the PD and Soon Kki will drop her at this stage or this is just a ploy to see how the public will react to news of her casting (which definitely won't be nice from both sides).  Please don't richard simmons this casting up, i don't care if they delay the production for another year or w/e just find someone who can act.

OMG your reaction.. I can almost hear the nooooooooooooo ringing in my ears  far far way from where I am. LOL:lol::lol::lol:

I've never seen any of her acting job. I've seen Dream High but just about 3 episodes I think she's singing or dancing  in the scenes that I've watched.  I don't have an opinion on her acting skills.  So how old is PHJ like 30 plus right?, and she's 20?  Uhmm... But anyway....

I really want Chun Woo Hee, if not her maybe Moon Chae Won for female lead role.

* sigh* x 1000 times !

Good luck to Park Hae Jin if Suzy is indeed chosen for the role...That really would be a shame!

Kang Sora can be a much nicer choice, their chemistry was proven in Doctor Stranger and she is more than capable to portray all the complexity of Sul's character. 

Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee's agencies deny the actresses got offers for upcoming drama 'Cheese in the Trap'

oh-yeon-seo_1436276746_af_org.jpg

Despite rumors, actresses Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee are not in talks to join the upcoming tvN drama 'Cheese in the Trap'. 

Oh Yeon Seo's label stated on July 7, "It's not a project she's considering," while Chun Woo Hee's agency said, "Though we're thankful for the interest, she never received an offer." News outlets previously reported that both were in the running for roles in the anticipated drama. However, it seems it was just talk by netizens who were hoping to see the two actresses in the drama.

In related news, miss A's Suzy is in talks to play the female lead in 'Cheese in the Trap' opposite Park Hae Jin.

allkpop.com/article/2015/07/oh-yeon-seo-and-chun-woo-hees-agencies-deny-the-actresses-got-offers-for-upcoming-drama-cheese-in-the-trap

Can they just offer the role to one of them?? :huh:

Guest Bissu

Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee's agencies deny the actresses got offers for upcoming drama 'Cheese in the Trap'

Can they just offer the role to one of them?? :huh:

Now I'm convinced tvN is just sitting on their butt's all day. Seriously? You send Suzy and who knows who else a script but you cant take 2 minutes out the past god knows how many months of pre-production to send one to OYS and CWH? :angry:

Casting talk: Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee for 'Cheese in the Trap'

20150707_1436234199_68042400_1_99_201507

Article: Grab the crown of the 'Cheese'... 'Suzy vs Oh Yeon Seo vs Chun Woo Hee'

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+26,281, -1,451] I don't care if either Chun Woo Hee or Oh Yeon Seo take the role, that's up to them, but Suzy needs to stay out;

2. [+23,042, -639] Don't care about anything else, just make sure it's an actual actor..

3. [+18,415, -879] Suzy's so random in there..

4. [+12,880, -646] Chun Woo Hee synchronizes amazingly with the character;; and she's a good actress so she can really bring out the emotional complexity of Hongseol

5. [+3,377, -314] Isn't the obvious choice here Chun Woo Hee?

6. [+2,544, -106] This is starting to feel like Nodame with all this ruckus over the female lead casting

7. [+2,380, -67] The 'Cheese' casting is not a crown but a cup of poison... the webtoon's just too good so people will have huge expectations.

8. [+2,495, -378] Suzy hasn't even confirmed anything yet and with all this rejection she's getting from just being mentioned definitely means she's not a fit for the role

9. [+2,273, -238] The order of best fit: Chun Woo Hee > Oh Yeon Seo >> Suzy...

201507071730774679_559b8e4b1a995.jpg

Article: Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee reps, "We've never received casting offers"

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+1,440, -136] Let's just go with Chun Woo Hee..

2. [+1,160, -62] I really want either Oh Yeon Seo or Chun Woo Hee to pick up the role! They look so alike to Hongseol and have the acting skills to back it up! Go with an actor, not an idol!

3. [+1,058, -255] Oh Yeon Seo's not a great fit... she lacks that mysterious aura and doesn't look intelligent but rather light.. Chun Woo Hee's perfect!

4. [+90, -11] I bet Suzy will get the role in the end. Why is it so hard for people to pick a good actor for an acting role and a good singer for a singing role?

5. [+79, -1] At this point, I don't even want the drama adaptation. The scriptwriter's whatever.. and it's probably going to end up like some joke of a campus couple plot like Nodame.

6. [+78, -13] Physically, Oh Yeon Seo fits Hongseol the best... the pupils, the hair color, eyebrow shape, that characteristic facial expression

7. [+73, -15] Please, please make it Chun Woo Hee!!!!!!!!!!!! Suzy can't act!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. [+65, -3] Imagine if Lee Yeon Hee got the role in the end, that'd be hilarious ㅋㅋ

netizenbuzz.blogspot.ae/2015/07/casting-talk-oh-yeon-seo-and-chun-woo.html

I'm still hoping for Chun Woo Hee or Moon Chae Won for the role~~

Casting talk: Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee for 'Cheese in the Trap'

Article: Grab the crown of the 'Cheese'... 'Suzy vs Oh Yeon Seo vs Chun Woo Hee'

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+26,281, -1,451] I don't care if either Chun Woo Hee or Oh Yeon Seo take the role, that's up to them, but Suzy needs to stay out;

2. [+23,042, -639] Don't care about anything else, just make sure it's an actual actor..

3. [+18,415, -879] Suzy's so random in there..

4. [+12,880, -646] Chun Woo Hee synchronizes amazingly with the character;; and she's a good actress so she can really bring out the emotional complexity of Hongseol

5. [+3,377, -314] Isn't the obvious choice here Chun Woo Hee?

6. [+2,544, -106] This is starting to feel like Nodame with all this ruckus over the female lead casting

7. [+2,380, -67] The 'Cheese' casting is not a crown but a cup of poison... the webtoon's just too good so people will have huge expectations.

8. [+2,495, -378] Suzy hasn't even confirmed anything yet and with all this rejection she's getting from just being mentioned definitely means she's not a fit for the role

9. [+2,273, -238] The order of best fit: Chun Woo Hee > Oh Yeon Seo >> Suzy...

Article: Oh Yeon Seo and Chun Woo Hee reps, "We've never received casting offers"

Source: OSEN via Nate

1. [+1,440, -136] Let's just go with Chun Woo Hee..

2. [+1,160, -62] I really want either Oh Yeon Seo or Chun Woo Hee to pick up the role! They look so alike to Hongseol and have the acting skills to back it up! Go with an actor, not an idol!

3. [+1,058, -255] Oh Yeon Seo's not a great fit... she lacks that mysterious aura and doesn't look intelligent but rather light.. Chun Woo Hee's perfect!

4. [+90, -11] I bet Suzy will get the role in the end. Why is it so hard for people to pick a good actor for an acting role and a good singer for a singing role?

5. [+79, -1] At this point, I don't even want the drama adaptation. The scriptwriter's whatever.. and it's probably going to end up like some joke of a campus couple plot like Nodame.

6. [+78, -13] Physically, Oh Yeon Seo fits Hongseol the best... the pupils, the hair color, eyebrow shape, that characteristic facial expression

7. [+73, -15] Please, please make it Chun Woo Hee!!!!!!!!!!!! Suzy can't act!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. [+65, -3] Imagine if Lee Yeon Hee got the role in the end, that'd be hilarious ㅋㅋ

netizenbuzz.blogspot.ae/2015/07/casting-talk-oh-yeon-seo-and-chun-woo.html

I'm still hoping for Chun Woo Hee or Moon Chae Won for the role~~

Wow the upvotes is no joke for the first article. The proof of how much CITT is anticipated and how popular it is.

On the other side, they never send at least CWH an offer. Are you kidding me?? You sent Suzy an offer but not CWH when she matches Hong Sul so much and has acting skills to back it up. I'll just... :angry:

Guest Bissu

Hey guys! So I was wondering if any of you would be interested in joining a Line Chat for Cheese In the Trap? (I need somewhere I can rant and spazz freely with other fans lol).

So if anyone is interested, message me your Line ID's and I'll add you in! 

Guest Xiraioya

TvN has the history for ignoring netizen negative comment (hyery case) so if they want Suzy... then Suzy it is...

Now it's up to Suzy whether she want to accept it or not

TvN has the history for ignoring netizen negative comment (hyery case) so if they want Suzy... then Suzy it is...

At least in Hyeri case they have their own character and doesn't have a webtoon to match up, so it's easier to get past the reaction. The netizens don't know how the actual role of Hyeri will be after all.

Meanwhile for CITT, they have a webtoon to match up and netizens all know how the role is going to be (which is obviously a complex role which needs a good actress to act it out well), so I hope it'll be a different case this time.

Guest Xiraioya

At least in Hyeri case they have their own character and doesn't have a webtoon to match up, so it's easier to get past the reaction. The netizens don't know how the actual role of Hyeri will be after all.

Meanwhile for CITT, they have a webtoon to match up and netizens all know how the role is going to be (which is obviously a complex role which needs a good actress to act it out well), so I hope it'll be a different case this time.

but the fact is the casting offer has been given to Suzy so they won't look for other actress unless Suzy decline it since it's unusual to offer a role to more than an actress at a same time. So just hope Suzy will decline it :vicx: 

but the fact is the casting offer has been given to Suzy so they won't look for other actress unless Suzy decline it since it's unusual to offer a role to more than an actress at a same time. So just hope Suzy will decline it :vicx: 

Let's have a prayer circle that Suzy will decline it. I can't watch Sul's role being butchered period :tears:

Lol more I look at Sul more I feel like that elegance is missing in both Suzy and Oh Yeon Seo ...at this rate any unknown face could create magic too..

At this rate I'm thinking that maybe I was asking too much for an actress with both acting skills and face that synchronized with Sul to act as Sul. Maybe I should degrade my expectation to at least have an actress who can do this role justice to act as Sul despite the appearance not synchronizing with Sul much.

Seriously what the hell the production team is thinking to be offering Hong Sul role to Suzy?? I'm crying. If she does accept it then she manages to butcher Sul's role with her subpar acting in the actual drama, I'm ready to fly to Korea and feed the production team poisoned kimchi.

Oh Yeon-seo and Cheon Woo-hee confirm they have not received offer for 'Cheese in the Trap'

photo611122.jpg

Actresses Oh Yeon-seo and Cheon Woo-hee have confirmed they have never received an offer for tvN's new Monday & Tuesday drama, "Cheese in the Trap" as their names have been going around on the fan made cast list.

An insider from Oh Yeon-seo spoke to OSEN on July 7th, "It is not one of the projects she has been considering". Also Cheon Woo-hee's agency also said, "Although we thank for all the support, it's not one of the offers she has received".

The names of the two actresses are on fan made cast list, however it is just hopeful cast by netizens and it seems unlikely that any of the two actresses will take on the role.

Producer Lee Yoon-jeong of MBC's 'Coffee Prince' and tvN's "Heart to Heart" is in charge of overall production of "Cheese in the Trap". Park Hae-jin has been confirmed for the male leading role so far. It is scheduled to begin in October after the completion of 'Rude Miss Young-Ae Season 14 '.

Source: osen.co.kr/article/G1110195299
hancinema.net/oh-yeon-seo-and-cheon-woo-hee-confirm-they-have-not-received-offer-for-cheese-in-the-trap--84113.html

Lol more I look at Sul more I feel like that elegance is missing in both Suzy and Oh Yeon Seo ...at this rate any unknown face could create magic too..

@nearsea I agree with you, I feel like a new face would be better at this rate too. Suzy seems like a great person but I don't see her as Sul at all....I'm thinking more Go Ara, although I can't think of an actress who fits Sul's physical appearance to a T like Park Haejin does with Yoo Jung, I still Go Ara would be a good fit. Sul is pretty fiesty when she needs to be and Go Ara has shown she can do that well, she's also good at being clumsy which Sul is as well. Sul isn't known for being super pretty, I mean she isn't ugly at all but she has her own charms and Nation's Little Sister is not one of them, that's why I really think Suzy wouldn't fit the role because I wouldn't be able to look at her and think Hong Sul i would always just see Suzy the idol. Like people have mentioned with other cases where idols have been cast in popular shows like Answer Me, at least we had no idea of the character before hand, so its more believable, but Sul is such a unique character-she really seems like the average girl to me and we need someone who can make us believe they are Sul. Plus, we all have an idea of what Sul is like and looks like so it can't just be a popular idol or actress it has to be someone who can bring the qualities that make Sul who she is alive. 

BTW new to this thread. I just recently started reading CITT and I LOVE IT!! I'm almost caught up on the subbed chapters though...I started reading cuz of the hype and after I heard it was going to be made into a drama, and now I hooked!

Archived