Guest ororomunroe

Park Hae Jin excels at playing people who are teeter on the dark side. After watching some of the music videos posted here, I am quite tempted to watch this because of him although I am generally not a fan of watching kids behave badly at school.  He was excellent in Bad Guys but then almost everybody was excellent in Bad Guys. :D

But the man is smiling a lot... and that for me is the weirdest thing of all. ;)

@irilight -- None of the live action shows (movies, drama) of Death Note can compare to the anime, IMO. 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just want to add that i am ok with In Ha's  actress acting. I guess she adds colour to the drama. Its based on a webtoon, so i can accept thar some parts are exaggerated. However, i tend to forward her scenes:P

Bora n eun taek i love, they are such good friends to hv.

I think Bora is the type that took for granted this super nice n devoted eun taek, she will start to miss him when he goes to the army! Lol

Hi all. I've been on hiatus in korean dramas for a long time, but CITT has brought me back to the k-drama world. :D

Anyway, can anyone share what Seol's voiceover was saying in this preview?

I can't wait for Monday! I'm a Jung-Seol shipper all the way, but I felt like Episode 4 had more InHo-Seol moments, so I was starting to get swayed towards that pairing. I'm hopeful for more Jung-Seol moments in Episode 5 to sway me back. LOL. This drama makes choosing an OTP so difficult! :P

11 minutes ago, rhaps said:

Anyway, I re-read some parts of the webtoon and noticed prefer the drama versions. It's because, sometimes, the webtoon doesn't show clearly the feeling of the characters (especially Jung), so the reader are left to be confused (or, perhaps the writers did intend to make us confused). Jung's drama is more clear in showing his expressions, so we can understand whether he's angry, being manipulative, or others.

yes agree with you. but in the webtoon have more detailed scene. maybe because drawing can't 100% bring character emotions but in drama every move is have meaning and the cast is extremely good. I love the drama and love the webtoon also. 

@rhaps To me, JY described YJ as cruel after the way he treated her with his words and gestures. Cutting ties with her sounded definitive. She sensed it. Besides, she had never seen this side of him.

However, the fact he left her behind when she asked for his help can't be described as cruel... only maybe from her point of view. Actually, when she came to him and he realised what she had done, he left her behind asking her to redeem herself by rescuing herself HS. Since she was the one who caused the problem, she should be the one who should solve the issue. That's why he mentioned later he gave her the opportunity, but she stayed unactive therefore he was so mad at her. He never left HS behind since he called the security, but he left JY behind to deal with the situation and watching over her actions. In the end, JY is the cruel one because she manipulates HS twice. First she said that YJ would leave without helping her but he was only leaving JY (her) behind with the problem. Then she omitted intentionally that he did help HS.

@40somethingahjumma You should really try this drama! :w00t: It's so great... besides you know, we watched a lot of dramas together!

By the way, I have been thinking that this drama/webtoon has a lot of similiraties with Pride and prejudice from Jane Austen.

YJ: is rich like Darcy and HS who comes from the lower middle class (poor but she is able to go to college) reminds me of Elizabeth who is a gentleman's daughter, but she has no big dowry and after her father's death, she will have nothing. So she is kind of poor, but socially higher than a worker (=lower middle class, just like HS)

HS was prejudiced towards Darcy after witnessing a painful scene. She feels uncomfortable in his presence and she doesn't realise that YJ is pursuing her... just like Darcy and Elizabeth until his first proposal. However, here she doesn't refuse him first.

Darcy and YJ have both difficulties to show their true feelings. YJ is more manipulative. Nevertheless, Darcy manipulated his best friend Bingley to warn him not to marry Jane, Elizabeth's sister.

JY who wanted YJ for herself hurt HS and Bingley's sister who was also interested in Darcy humiliated Elizabeth many times with her comments.

The incident with Wickham whom Darcy's father loved very much... Here IH is supported/loved by YJ's father as well. The incident with the hand can be compared with the attempt of Wickham with the sister. After hearing Wickham's version, she is sure that Darcy is cruel. I believe that HS will believe IH's version and come to resent YJ for that incident.  

What do you think?

23 minutes ago, rhaps said:

@40somethingahjumma, I knew PHJ because of Bad Guys. After that, I started searching his previous series and watched them (yeah, I also hadn't watch You who Came from the Star :D , and I finally watched it, but ONLY his parts :P ). You are right, it was strange to watch PHJ smiled and laughed after watching Bad Guys *LOL*. It's because he was as cold as ice there :D . But then, he smiled and laughed a lot in his other series, so I got used to them :P . 

You should watch him in family outing thoo.. he was funny and clumsy back then (broadcasted in 2009) 

Can someone with insight into YJ's character also explain why there were shots of him with the papercrafting (butterfly) and the colouring book? Is this to show that he has a sensitive side? OK, I will throw in the scene with the bug on the leaf during YJ and Seol's wefie... 

@rhaps Interesting analysis and I really love it! 

@NRGchick However, I would like to point out the contrast between the papercrafting and the colouring book. Have you noticed that he used a black paper for that crafting? This reveals in my opinion his state of mind. He is more or less depressed. Yet, if I remember correctly, it was a butterfly symbolising transformation. So maybe the papercrafting reveals that he is about to change. Later, when he coloured the book, he used more lively colours reflecting another state of mind. He is not depressed any more... he is in love!

38 minutes ago, NRGchick said:

Can someone with insight into YJ's character also explain why there were shots of him with the papercrafting (butterfly) and the colouring book? Is this to show that he has a sensitive side? OK, I will throw in the scene with the bug on the leaf during YJ and Seol's wefie... 

As far as I know, he does not have these hobbies in the webtoon. Neither did the scene with the bug take place. As a child though he showed an interest in 

Spoiler

collecting butterflies

So if I have to guess , the paper cutting and coloring might be to display his attention to details. The moves that Jung makes for or against people, are extremely subtle. He uses minimum effort to cause maximum impact. No one can trace it back to him directly. He selects his "weapons" carefully - someone with a potential grudge against his intended victim. He suggests, directs and manipulates their weaknesses for his own benefit in such a smooth fashion that no one realizes his true motives. So much so that one can say that his moves are a work of art !

Whereas the bug scene might be how he looks at the world - so delicate , so easy to play with, at his mercy and the bug doesn't even realize.

Guest nchoerunnisa
6 hours ago, drynase said:
Spoiler

I thought I was a minority talking about Euntaek and Bora all day in this thread. Thank God I make new chingus.

THIS!!!!!!!

THIS THIS THIS THIS

Oh Boy... I tried to open CiTT thread, but seeing this post I thought I came to the wrong thread...
I was about to close it, but suddenly I realized, why does Bora Noona have anything to do with Taek?
Oh it's Bora and EunTaek... I'm right... I come to the right thread... and this is not Answer Me 1988 thread... LOL

Btw... thanks for the warm welcome... @irilight :D

I think I read somewhere there is post (too lazy to back track the post) in which said that YJ Sunbae had never dated before. I think YJ Sunbae is quite experienced in dating though:

• First, In Ho said to HS in episode 3 "You're not YJ's style", I guess he wouldn't say it if YJ never dated before, right?
  • Second, tbh, YJ's Sunbae seems like a guy who knows how to play his game B). He didn't text HS after he had asked her out. When HS texted him first, his reply was only "Oh yeah? That worked out well. Have a nice break." as if he were not interested. But then he came to see HS and said that he didn't hear from her and wanted to see her. I see what you did there YJ Sunbae... ;). Poor HS... she's really innocent and couldn't help falling to his trap :sweatingbullets:. Well.. this drama is called "Cheese in The Trap" anyway.
  • Third (don't open it if you don't want to be spoiled)
  • Spoiler

in the webtoon version, through In Ho's POV, it was revealed that YJ Sunbae dated a girl, but he treated the girl poorly. He ignored her as if she were nothing. That's why he tries to warn HS.

2 minutes ago, Nurul Choerunnisa said:

Oh Boy... I tried to open CiTT thread, but seeing this post I thought I came to the wrong thread...
I was about to close it, but suddenly I realized, why does Bora Noona have anything to do with Taek?
Oh it's Bora and EunTaek... I'm right... I come to the right thread... and this is not Answer Me 1988 thread... LOL

Btw... thanks for the warm welcome... @irilight :D

I think I read somewhere there is post (too lazy to back track the post) in which said that YJ Sunbae had never dated before. I think YJ Sunbae is quite experienced in dating though:

• First, In Ho said to HS in episode 3 "You're not YJ's style", I guess he wouldn't say it if YJ never dated before, right?
  • Second, tbh, YJ's Sunbae seems like a guy who knows how to play his game B). He didn't text HS after he had asked her out. When HS texted him first, his reply was only "Oh yeah? That worked out well. Have a nice break." as if he were not interested. But then he came to see HS and said that he didn't hear from her and wanted to see her. I see what you did there YJ Sunbae... ;). Poor HS... she's really innocent and couldn't help falling to his trap :sweatingbullets:. Well.. this drama is called "Cheese in The Trap" anyway.
  • Third (don't open it if you don't want to be spoiled)
  •   Reveal hidden contents

First of all, welcome to this thread!!:)

I was the one who said, HS was his first girlfriend. Thanks for pointing those elements. So you're right. He had a girlfriend before. However, the question is if he loved his first girlfriend or not. In my opinion, this is the first time YJ is falling for a girl. Maybe in the past, when he dated the other girl, it was because she had pursued him and he thought, he could give it a try. Nevertheless, he realised his power over that girl and abused it since he had no deep feelings for her. Therefore this would explain why he never dated JY and the other students who would try to impress him. He felt, he shouldn't do it.

Their first dating between HS and YJ reveals that he didn't notice that she felt uncomfortable. Besides, he didn't chose the right movie aso. He was really inexperienced. All he knows is manipulating HS but he can't impress her in the end. She didn't want to stay by his side. He will realise that he needs to do more. 

I am not sure if the colouring book is a product placement as it was one of the top international news of last year - a coloring book for adults. The title of the book is The Secret Garden and the artist is Johanna Basford. I bought it last year for a friend as a present. She is also an artist I personally like an follow. This is her website - http://www.johannabasford.com/

i know PHJ from Family Outing. his image was kinda clumsy, a bit shy, but still cute :P

HS seems more comfortable with InHo but i think in the end she will end up with YJ(i don't read the webtoon and i won't). bcoz from what i see, whether she realize it or not, deep in her heart she's already hooked into YJ. she's now being uncomfortable aroung YJ maybe because she's still holding a grudge inside her, about YJ 'double personalities' i mean. she's still unsure about YJ's kindness to her, why YJ suddenly being friendly then in love and ask her to date. she's unsure but by looking at the ways she reacts so far(waiting for YJ's messages on college break; wonder why YJ's only send short messages that she felt it's not enough to answer her messages; care much about her date outfits, makeup, hair) i believe love is growing in her heart(for YJ).

she needs to comunicate it with YJ, so everything become clear and she won't have any grudges toward YJ personality. waiting for next episodes

13 minutes ago, romanov said:

HS seems more comfortable with InHo but i think in the end she will end up with YJ(i don't read the webtoon and i won't)

The webtoon is still ongoing serial hasn't reach it's finale. I'm personally like reading the webtoon for reference. because there is slightly different. and with reading the webtoon make me help understand the character more. why don't you try to read few chapters? ;)

Archived