Quantcast

I think CitT would work best as an animated film. A lot of what happens in the webtoon, especially the flashbacks which is the thriller aspect and basic plot of the webtoon, would work/translate better as an anime. An anime adaption with KGE and PHJ voicing their respective roles would work. Honestly we don't need another live adaption this soon after the drama. I don't want any of them to do it. All original cast members should just move on to new roles and projects. If this goes past talks, a fresh new cast is best.

• Like 6

so i hear about the movie remake~~~!!

!MmswS4T.gif
As long as Soonki will be more involved and has the final say.. Im okay~~!!!

PHJ will reconsider..*yesss*
goodness gracious. He was born to play that YooJung and cant imagine ANYONE can pull off that character the way he portrayed Jung.. KCTA 2016 BEST ACTOR FOR NOTHING..

I want KGE to reprise her role as well
Like PHJ past interview, she's perfect for the role...
She nailed her character very well. She portrayed Seol so naturally and in a realistic way.
Sometimes she didn't get enough credit tho. For me she's the HEART of the drama..
Plus PHJxKGE chemistry is undeniably amazing~~!!
but..........

TO BE HONEST, THE DRAMA CASTS,
from the leads, supporting, to extended ARE PERFECT..
The drama production team just ruined everything...

• Like 11

Oh god. Have i ever been this conflicted before? Seriously, i have no nerves left to burst lol. The amount of stress i went through ROFL. How much will a 2hr movie be able to accommodate now? If a 16 episode show wasn't able to dwell and explore more on Yoo Jung's complexities, will a movie be able to do the same. I guess that is where the challenge will lie and since Soonki's involvement can be more, we could expect some creativity on that front. But i am still very apprehensive. I'd  always want Park Hae Jin to play Yoo Jung. Park Hae Jin and Yoo Jung are synonymous to me. He'll any-day get a better treatment here i believe. But what do i do about Kim go Eun, cause for me she is synonymous to Hong Seol. Will i be on board without her? Will be difficult.

How i hoped the movie was about the story post 3 years leap. And how these characters changed and Yoo Jung and Seol's ways back to each other.

Let's wait for more again i guess.

• Like 6

Kim Go-eun not offered role in ‘Cheese in the Trap’ movie

Actress Kim Go-eun was never offered a role in the movie version of “Cheese in the Trap,” according to her agency Jangin Entertainment.

In an interview with local media outlets, her agency confirmed that Kim had no plans to star in the movie “Cheese in the Trap,” as she was not offered a role.

“Kim was part of the TV drama cast as the lead female character, Hong Sul. However, we have never received any news or proposals over its movie version,” they said.

The webtoon-based drama “Cheese in the Trap” was a huge hit in both Korea and China when it aired earlier this year, but it faced controversies due to problems between the cast and production team, as well as the webtoon’s writer.

The movie version of “Cheese in the Trap” has already begun casting, with actor Park Hae-jin promising to join under the condition the original author participates in the production.

The film is to be led by star movie producer Lee Dong-ho, the director of “Inside Men” (2015) and “Architecture 101” (2012).

source

• Like 11

2 hours ago, sunblind said:

Having serious doubts about this movie thing but it wouldn't hurt if it turns out to be a sequel or just the entire story with a happy ending!!

Yup, sequel would be great. And including :

1. jung seol back story like in S4 ch 28, or jung inha-inho back story like in ch.23. Bring the thrils..... 

2. Deep talk between father n son, but jung finally had control the situation without anger and father admit her wrong and give justice to jung.

3. Inho reduce his feeling, and found more comfort just being brother to seol and joon, and perhaps fix his feeling to jung, bromance too much to ask becouse i demand jung seol moments more for fulfil 2 hours movie instead :rolleyes:

4. What happen to jung while oversease, found out deeper in love and stalking seol more often? 

5. Jung get a warm hand from seols'dad and mom. Maybe mom would be his second opinion time by time about parents could make a mistake in real life and a huge one. And dad would be his laughable awkward partner since this dad is the type of hilarious actor :D

6. Surprising and autenthic ending from soonkki, this is the most desirable one since the twriter of webtoon has a unique way and acceptable plot i guess

Omg i really really miss jung seol honestly :wub: deep inside i jumping for happiness like "yoohoooooooo!!!!!!!" about the citt turn to movie 

• Like 5

PHJ should decline. If the movie does actually happen, whole new cast pls and thank you. There shouldn't be a movie or talks of one. The webtoon is more than enough. Soonkki please focus on that!

What I want and need is for the drama team to be working on a bomb a** uncut DVD that has re-edited episodes and put in those cut scenes we heard so much about. Forget a movie. Someone just do well/fix the mess of the last few episodes of the drama by giving a great DVD release that leaves fans praising y'all for years! 

CJ E&M would not screw/scree over the hopefully soon coming DVD, right? 

• Like 8

@brielover I read your post in the CITT forums and thought it was an interesting take on what drama Jung would have been doing in those three years away (creating/drawing the webtoon from the other's perspective as a form of therapy) and how he'd be sending a link of the webtoon to Seol. Actually that would've been a better ending for the drama, a direct tie up to the webtoon itself.

4 hours ago, luvcrabbieshinhwa said:

Please do share the timeline, if you have time. IT'S STILL CONFUSING FOR ME.

Like..the latest one actually happened BEFORE or AFTER Jung overheard Seol's phone-convo with her mom about scholarship? Or the JUNG prologue in Season 3..when exactly that "special day" happened...

I actually am going to make the timeline once the latest chapter comes out this Wednesday (I have failed to save myself from myself, you win Cheese).  I'm planning to read it backwards, starting from the latest then back. I thought since the newer chapters were the in-betweens, it would make chronological sense. OMG why did I only think of this now??? I'll share it when I'm done. :)))))

8 hours ago, gangurhar said:

BIG NEWS Friends.

Cheese In The Trap reportedly will be made into a movie with Park Hae Jin as male lead http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0001965767 

I seriously do not know what to think/feel about this. Well first of all, isn't it too soon (then again movies take longer to produce and release)? Second, what exactly will this movie be about? Is it a remake (again, its too soon for that / if this is their solution to the dissatisfaction we got from the drama they can forget about it, it feels weird and unnecessary / also, if it is indeed a remake, shouldn't they cast different actors)? A sequel (continuation from drama ending / although i'm not against that thought, it would still feel weird, I mean I have long accepted how they ended the drama but, you know..)? A prequel (there's a lot of backstory that wasn't shown in the drama, making a movie on it would make sense somehow)?

This is going to be a Korean production? Because if this is a Chinese remake (which I doubt since the director is Korean), its again weird to have PHJ as Yoo Jung and everyone else played by different actors. For me its either PHJ and the rest of the cast from the drama reprising their roles or new casting altogether. And what's up with this timing? I find it really really really weird and its too soon for an April Fools' prank.  

Jung-ah, I hope you're not reading this lol. 

Edited by misquoted
  • Like 5

I will probably get stoned on this thread, but while I liked KGE as Seol in this drama, after seeing and reading some of the webtoon, I couldn't help but think of other actresses that I felt would have made an even better Seol--in looks and personality.  

Or maybe her role is tainted for me because of the way she was portrayed in this drama---wishy, washy. I still say the way the PD had her not rejecting In Ho's embrace, accepting his 1 month proposal, agreeing to go to his concert (glad she didn't), continuing to accept his calls when she wouldn't accept Jung's calls, the little piano bar scene, not tell In Ho off for taking her phone so she couldn't answer Jung's call, and on and on and on, just made me really not care for her character towards the end; it felt like she betrayed Jung in every way......she put In Ho first.  So all those negative memories being washed away with a new actress playing the role as Seol is very welcomed in my opinion.  I also still don't know how to take the meaning of her comment regarding PHJ.  I also don't want to see SKJ in the movie as In Ho--I'm off of him for a while.

I think just like the rest of the viewers who saw this drama get off track, there were probably other writers and PDs thinking they could have done a better job, who were probably fans of the webtoon as well. This drama was good to me for the first 7 episodes (until the tail end of 7) and 8-10 really started down a bad path.  Watching the first 8 episodes back to back, it was easy to see the shift begin in episode 7. I've watched enough dramas to know when they are trying to make a character the love interest and they were trying to make In Ho the love interest in this drama (giving him the best scenes, being very supportive of Seol when she needed it most, having them playing and laughing in the rain, buying each other meals, playing the piano together, studying in the library together, etc,) and I commented on it even before the 'drama' behind the scene started. That's why I had to find the relationship chart because they were not giving away Seol's feelings concerning Jung other than she thought he was very creepy and she didn't trust him. Never understood why she kept harping about Jung putting YG on her when she had already discussed that with Jung and SC the year it first happened.

I for one welcome a casting change because I want to forget the wishy washy Seol character that the PD created in this drama.

• Like 9

Ok, it's a NO from me, I don't want this movie version if it's gonna tell the same story in 2 hours, I remember a favorite manga of mine ( Bokura ga ita ) got movie adaptation in 2 parts that's like 4 hours and it still was terrible, and I also want PHJ to move on from Yoo Jung, yes he's the best Yoo Jung and the ONLY Yoo Jung to ever be, but please I don't want to see him suffer again, the movie could turn out to be a success and that'll make me eat my words but for now I still say no. And if they wanted to cast PHJ, why not KGE as well ? These two proved to have strong chemistry and they both brought their characters to life, from my point of view, It would look weird to me seeing PHJ as Yoo Jung hugging someone other than the hong Seol I already know and love. Gaaaaah I don't know what to think anymore. Lee Yung Jung PD you just created a BIG mess and left without saying anything.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, lclarakl said:

I also still don't know how to take the meaning of her comment regarding PHJ.  I also don't want to see SKJ in the movie as In Ho--I'm off of him for a while.

I for one welcome a casting change because I want to forget the wishy washy Seol character that the PD created in this drama.

@lclarakl Let's just forget what kge comment regards phj..Honestly, i still think phj n kge fit yj n hs perfectly..

But on second thoughts..i really wish phj can move on with another project...

For soonkki to complete her webtoon, guess there will be some period...so i dont think the filming will start (if every1 on board) by Q4 2016...

19 minutes ago, yuhotarubi said:

. Lee Yung Jung PD you just created a BIG mess and left without saying anything.

@yuhotarubi tat ahjumma laugh it off...

• Like 7

3 hours ago, debolina said:

Oh god. Have i ever been this conflicted before? Seriously, i have no nerves left to burst lol. The amount of stress i went through ROFL. How much will a 2hr movie be able to accommodate now? If a 16 episode show wasn't able to dwell and explore more on Yoo Jung's complexities, will a movie be able to do the same. I guess that is where the challenge will lie and since Soonki's involvement can be more, we could expect some creativity on that front. But i am still very apprehensive. I'd  always want Park Hae Jin to play Yoo Jung. Park Hae Jin and Yoo Jung are synonymous to me. He'll any-day get a better treatment here i believe. But what do i do about Kim go Eun, cause for me she is synonymous to Hong Seol. Will i be on board without her? Will be difficult.

How i hoped the movie was about the story post 3 years leap. And how these characters changed and Yoo Jung and Seol's ways back to each other.

Let's wait for more again i guess.

3 hours ago, meltmilkyway said:

Yup, sequel would be great. And including :

1. jung seol back story like in S4 ch 28, or jung inha-inho back story like in ch.23. Bring the thrils..... 

2. Deep talk between father n son, but jung finally had control the situation without anger and father admit her wrong and give justice to jung.

3. Inho reduce his feeling, and found more comfort just being brother to seol and joon, and perhaps fix his feeling to jung, bromance too much to ask becouse i demand jung seol moments more for fulfil 2 hours movie instead :rolleyes:

4. What happen to jung while oversease, found out deeper in love and stalking seol more often? 

5. Jung get a warm hand from seols'dad and mom. Maybe mom would be his second opinion time by time about parents could make a mistake in real life and a huge one. And dad would be his laughable awkward partner since this dad is the type of hilarious actor :D

6. Surprising and autenthic ending from soonkki, this is the most desirable one since the twriter of webtoon has a unique way and acceptable plot i guess

Omg i really really miss jung seol honestly :wub: deep inside i jumping for happiness like "yoohoooooooo!!!!!!!" about the citt turn to movie 

That would be great but maybe there'll be problem with getting permission from tvn to do continuation for the story... and it'll be sooo weird if they don't do it with the whole casts again. Really, drama casts are so on point.

The movie doesn't even have script yet, for now. i do think it's a bad bad idea to even try to comprise the whole webtoon and same story line with the drama... maybe it'd be better if they make like Japanese anime often does? Japanese anime adapts from the manga, then there'll be movies made along the anime's run (or after). They don't tell the same story with the anime/manga sometimes, but they maintain the main plot/characterization and take one little plot to make a movie so it'll still have the same feel/connection to the main manga/anime.

Anyway, I won't put too much hope on this. whether or not PHJ or any drama casts will reprise their roles, I already got burned once so bad...so I'm gonna view this movie suspiciously and cautiously lol.

1 hour ago, misquoted said:

I actually am going to make the timeline once the latest chapter comes out this Wednesday (I have failed to save myself from myself, you win Cheese).  I'm planning to read it backwards, starting from the latest then back. I thought since the newer chapters were the in-betweens, it would make chronological sense. OMG why did I only think of this now??? I'll share it when I'm done. :)))))

Please share once you're done :))))))))

PS: I do wish, they can at least get Go Eun as Hong Seol back. What drama did to her character was also horrible. I wish somehow movie could do her justice...maybe it's better if it's Go Eun, to wash my memory for wishy washy Seol (and bitter Seol at the end who forget to stand up for herself TT___TT) they showed at the drama T_T

• Like 9

i pray so hard right now. wish phj decline CITT movie project and move on to another new project. The great project. whether korean drama or chinese drama, as long as not stick to CITT, i will fully happy for his decision. But if he take the role in CITT movie, i still support him. but only half happiness. 

And according to Sina news, Movie team only talked to PHJ and soonki.

http://ent.sina.cn/film/foreign/2016-03-28/detail-ifxqswxn6484654.d.html?wm=3049_0015

Edited by leeagassi
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, IreneY said:

韩媒爆料,《#奶酪陷阱#》将翻拍电影,@朴海镇 有望继续出演。[噢耶]据报道,电影制作公司方面在与《奶酪陷阱》漫画原作者签订合约,邀请原作者参与电影剧本创作。而朴海镇方面表示,确实收到了电影版的出演邀请,但目前一切尚未定论,已经向制作公司方面表示,等漫画原作者合作事宜确定后再联系。如果漫画原作者将参与电影拍摄,那我方会考虑一下。

There will be a citt movie and phj will be joining IF the webtoonist joining d production team!

@qwenli @angelangie @40somethingahjumma@lclarakl

@gangurhar u r really fast!

if no Kim GO Eun it wont be complete

• Like 10

My question is why? If this is just a remake (which I am guessing it may be seeing that only PHJ is being asked to join), what will be the point? I wasn't satisfied with some things in the drama, but personally a movie, especially so soon, doesn't appeal to me. On top of that, with all the internal issues that happened and is still being talked about and then possibly not having the entire original cast back...it's a bit uncomfortable and odd. Even having it with a new cast (with or without PHJ) - with the things I mentioned before and the timing, why now?

If this is meant for the fans who didn't like the ending or other parts of the drama...don't know how that makes me feel to be honest.

I am still hoping for an anime version *crosses fingers*

• Like 6

Without KGE I seriously dont want any CITT movie or anything else:( And I have a feeling that PHJ will not accept the role if he knows KGE will not be in the movie.Should we do petition? We want our lovely JungSeol couple with PHJ and KGE.Not with another actress 

• Like 10

14 hours ago, gangurhar said:

BIG NEWS Friends.

Cheese In The Trap reportedly will be made into a movie with Park Hae Jin as male lead http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=421&aid=0001965767 

When I saw news of this I legit laughed wondering if I read correctly...

I think the only way I see this working logically is if it's a continuation of where the drama left off...which I don't see happening if the original writer is going to pen the script since the last 2 episodes of the drama were a hot mess...unless the ending that the writer did envision was actually similar to what the drama went with.

In an ideal world, the movie would leave off where the drama ended, show Jung and Seol meeting and then flashback to the last three years to show what they were both doing...but then I don't see how they can have that much significant content in the flashbacks to show for a 2 hour movie because it would just show them apart again...IDK. I'm conflicted. 

They should just film a special episode or two to wrap up that wretched ending and give us closure rather than a movie. 

• Like 10

1 hour ago, seoll said:

Without KGE I seriously dont want any CITT movie or anything else:( And I have a feeling that PHJ will not accept the role if he knows KGE will not be in the movie.Should we do petition? We want our lovely JungSeol couple with PHJ and KGE.Not with another actress 

100% Agree

• Like 6

My cup of tea for the movie version;

- I want the original cast from the drama in the movie as a consolation from my unsatisfaction from the drama ending. I dont care if Baek siblings are not there. PHJ is perfect as YJ, KGE as HS, bora, eun taek.

- I want them to tight the loose end with YJ HS. How will YJ change to be a better person with HS. My main concern here is this couple ending. Not bitter ending

- If the movie doesn't conclude the whole drama, well, it shouldnt be done at all. If the movie succeed, maybe i will watch the two last episode (i've downloaded them but never bother to watch them, only read recap n watch streaming when it was aired). An example for favourite series: Hana Yori Dango (season 1 lead to Season 2 and finally the movie conclude them all).

- I say no to remake in the movie!! No need to summarize whatever we have spent time watching. 

- They need to consider fans opinion. I'm not saying they have to follow fans storyline, but satisfaction. 

-I'm still following the webtoon eventhough i dont understand Hangul. I just want to know how the actual ending n i miss YJ. 

#hopefully DOTS ending will not suffer as it did to CITT. At 1st, i'm disapointed with Reply 1988 ending due to DS chosed CT but as I rewatched from beginning, i understand and accepted the ending. Never have I dissapointed with ending as much as CITT (only for addicted dramas, of course! ). Do Manager, i meant My love from another star remain as my all time favourite.

• Like 3

I do not know whether PHJ approved , but I hope you accept the role and the film. No one but he can not play the role of Yoo Jung as well .

8717123X.png

8717125t.png

Edited by Fikriye Pandjarova
  • Like 2