Guest ororomunroe

Now that Suzy has declined, I'm praying the PD will offer the actual fitting capable actress to act as Hong Sul, not make another misfit choice.

I don't doubt PBY will be able to act as Sul acting wise, but image wise I prefer someone else. Though right now I can sigh in relief already if someone who at least can act as Sul properly act as Hong Sul, regardless image synchronization.

Also she's doing Oh My Ghost right now.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some people are saying it over drama beans that Park Bo Young could be fitting as Sul..now that seems like not a bad idea..considering she's an actress who can deliver...also if someone resembling Hong Sul..is hard to find..it would be better to cast an actress who can portray different emotions well.

Anyway..a drama's success depends on a lot of things..I'd stop investing much on the casting part and just wait for the drama patiently when it starts for real lol..for now.

Rather than Sul, I'd love to see Park Bo Young as Ah Young ~

Ah Young's demeanor comes off as rather meek and sweet...though...=S..

And honestly I don't expect anything clever coming from the production team by now..judging by the choice they've shown so far...I mean keeping my expectation low =P

Guest Bissu

Ah Young's demeanor comes off as rather meek and sweet...though...=S..

And honestly I don't expect anything clever coming from the production team by now..judging by the choice they've shown so far...I mean keeping my expectation low =P

Really? Ah Young definitely looks sweet and delicate but her personality has shown that she's confident and forthright (like her standing up/rejecting Sangchul & confessing to Joon by showing him her drawings). I think the visual with Park Bo Young matches 100% (short, petite, pale skinned, black hair) + the girl can act even though Ah Young isn't a main character.

ccc_12807.jpg

201212120804052210_1parkboyoung.jpg

And yes, after seeing the direction they want to go (popularity> quality) my expectations have been dropped. The best I can hope for after this is that they learned from the Suzy fiasco what NOT to do with the rest of their casting and production. CitT popularity is huge, they don't need idols or anyone just to sell it overseas, just get great actors and it'll do well. Why is that so hard for them to understand. :(:sweatingbullets:

I don't doubt Park Bo Young's acting skills, but she's busy on 'Oh My Ghost' right now. And that character is not the lead role so... :D

Suzy Bae Turns Down 'Cheese In The Trap' Role

Suzy Bae

Miss A's Suzy Bae has turned down the offer to star in the webtoon-based drama "Cheese In The Trap."

The actress has declined the role of Hong Seol, a cynical student who meets the seemingly perfect guy, Jung Yu. She can't quite believe he is as perfect as he seems. While Hong Seul does have a tendency to overthink things, she may be right. Jung Yu is handsome, works hard at school and has a nice personality, but he does have a manipulative side. And becoming involved with him turns her life upside down.

More here: kdramastars.com/articles/89907/20150713/suzy-bae-turns-down-cheese-in-the-trap-role.htm

Guest Xiraioya

[+268, -8] The casting might be important but the direction is just as crucial... The directing in the  Korean adaptation of Nodame was so bad that it took a toll on the actors and the ratings

[+63, -5] Why is it following the same pattern as Nodame? 

My real concern

[+376, -40] Feels like anyone who isn't Chun Woo Hee is going to get stoned

even Chun Woo Hee will be burdened if she is now picked.. the expectation is unreal  

[+3,357, -931] I don't even get who the fans of the webtoon even want cast... they're totally acting like mother-in-laws right now

agree.

I'm glad suzy declined the role but I totally against if the production have to always listen to what netizen or fans want. Just offer the role to someone they think suitable and make a good drama...

Netizens react to Suzy’s decision to pass on “Cheese in the Trap” role

suzy-miss-a

After reports that Suzy will no longer be part of the upcoming drama Cheese in the Trap, fans of the original webtoon series and netizens have been commenting on her decision

After reports of Suzy and the producers of tvN’s upcoming drama Cheese in the Trap were discussing to work together, media reports on July 13th that they have decided not to do so.

Netizens and the fans of the original webtoon series have begun thanking Suzy for her decision.

[ +24937 / -1214] I send my sincere thank you for the first time to Suzy

[ +16978 / – 971] I’m truly a fan of you Suzy but really thank you for not being part of “Cheese in the Trap!!!” I’ll meet you next time with good songs and other projects <3

[ +12908 / -1015] Oh wow I am a fan of suzy starting today

[ +12864 / -4047 ] Who does the fans of the webtoon series want for that character? They all acting like a interfering mother in law

[ + 9131 / -307 ] Suzy is the intelligent one

Source

^

Wow the upvotes is no joke, it has reached up to +24k. The relevancy of the webtoon is no joke. 

You see production team, don't you dare to mess with the adaptation of this webtoon. Many people are ready to stone you if you do so.

Guest adikkeluangman

miss A′s Suzy Declines ′Cheese in the Trap′ Offer

Miss A′s Suzy has officially declined the offer to play female lead Hong Seol in Cheese in the Trap. 

Suzy′s agency, JYP Entertainment, stated to Newsen on July 13, "Suzy received and reviewed the offer to play the female lead in tvN′s new drama Cheese in the Trap, however, after going to great pains, has respectfully declined."

95372002.jpg

Lee Yoon Jung PD of Coffee Prince and Heart to Heart will be directing Cheese in the Trap, while Park Hae Jin has been cast to play the male lead, Yoo Jung. 

Despite growing anticipation for Suzy and Park Hae Jin′s matching, the two stars will not be meeting on screen.

Meanwhile, Cheese in the Trap is centered on ordinary college student Hong Seol and her senior Yoo Jung′s relationship/ It is set to air on tvN sometime in October. 

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/95372/miss-as-suzy-declines-cheese-in-the-trap-offer

Finally, I can put this drama to my 'maybe-I-will-watch-it-when-it-air-in-my-country-6month-later-with-Malay-sub'

Either it's tvN/production did the media play to test the knetz reaction or they actually think of Suzy first as their candidate. Now either they will get a really talented actress to match this so-called-great character or they will cast another idol-actress with talent or maybe they can get actress with no talent. So many possibilities. Based on many webtoon/manga adaptation before, either you got great cast with sloppy writing (but actors try hard to their best) or so-so cast but good writing.

New female lead sought for ‘Cheese in the Trap’

Eight Works, which is producing “Cheese in the Trap” to be aired on tvN cable channel, said it would carefully select a lead female role on Tuesday, after singer-actress Suzy turned down the role.

“We are currently proceeding prudently with the casting. Nothing has been decided yet, but we expect to finish the auditions for major roles this week,” Eight Works said.

The announcement came after K-pop singer Suzy turned down the offer of the lead role in the drama based on a popular Web-based cartoon.

Some fans viewed Suzy unsuitable for the drama’s multilayered heroine.

Eight Works urged fans to stay tuned to find out who would fill the role.

By Lim Jeong-yeo (kaylalim@heraldcorp.com)

they only do the casting now, and what did they do during the last 2 months?

at this rate, i dont hope any well-known actress will take this role ( since everyone would caution now after the mess which is Suzy and remembers what happened last year with Yoona and SEK). I would be ok if they cast unknown actress with acting skill.

they only do the casting now, and what did they do during the last 2 months?

at this rate, i dont hope any well-known actress will take this role ( since everyone would caution now after the mess which is Suzy and remembers what happened last year with Yoona and SEK). I would be ok if they cast unknown actress with acting skill.

if auditions were being held, bigger possibility that its a new face sis.

and yes, hopefully she can bring it :)

anyways

never knew CitT webtoon author Soonkki will be this cute!

Media preview

I am SO excited for this drama. I've read the webtoon on naver until the most recent chapter (it's updated each Wednesday).

I think PHJ is an excellent choice for YJ as he has the skills to play both the sweet, gentlemanly side and the dark, manipulative side of the character. As for HS, I also prefer a new face as HS is only 23 y.o. Also, HS is quick-witted and is constantly over-thinking and stressed over school/family, so definitely don't want an actress with an ignorant and/or cheerful image. I heard that they were going to finalize the main cast very soon so can't wait to hear the news!

I'm a little concerned though, because although I love the director LYJ and know she'll do an amazing job with this campus romance/mystery, I have no faith in the writer. LOL But w/ LYJ as PD, hopefully she'll lead the writer in the right direction.

Guest Bissu

I am SO excited for this drama. I've read the webtoon on naver until the most recent chapter (it's updated each Wednesday).

I think PHJ is an excellent choice for YJ as he has the skills to play both the sweet, gentlemanly side and the dark, manipulative side of the character. As for HS, I also prefer a new face as HS is only 23 y.o. Also, HS is quick-witted and is constantly over-thinking and stressed over school/family, so definitely don't want an actress with an ignorant and/or cheerful image. I heard that they were going to finalize the main cast very soon so can't wait to hear the news!

I'm a little concerned though, because although I love the director LYJ and know she'll do an amazing job with this campus romance/mystery, I have no faith in the writer. LOL But w/ LYJ as PD, hopefully she'll lead the writer in the right direction.

Did you read somewhere about them finalizing the cast soon? I haven't seen any new news and i'm dying for this drama to give us something by now lol.

Did you read somewhere about them finalizing the cast soon? I haven't seen any new news and i'm dying for this drama to give us something by now lol.

You can read it in the news article that kaiskloset posted exactly on this page lol It even used bigger font I'm surprised you didn't see it.

Guest Bissu

You can read it in the news article that kaiskloset posted exactly on this page lol It even used bigger font I'm surprised you didn't see it.

Oh haha I totally saw that :sweatingbullets: Thanks lol

While LYJ is indeed a very talented PD, her skill cant save the drama if the script is bad (i.e: Triple). And CitT is more about character driven than story driven drama. Thus, a good scriptwriter is more important than a good PD for this adaptation.

Omo.. i'm sorry but i'm actually happy that now suzy turned down the offer. 2 thumbs up for you! Now seems that the production team is discussing the cast and keeping it silent until all finalized perhaps? They've gain enough publicity with suzy's news.

Will be waiting for new cast news. Thank you for the updates guys.^^

Archived