Guest ororomunroe

1 hour ago, MrsSoJiSub said:

He is a dark dark knight Batman. Protecting our heroine and himself from all the crazy that surrounds them.

I love reading your anaylsis just like in AM1994. And definitely agree with you on what you said about Jung. Can't say more, actually responding at work. This drama got me addicted LOL!

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest 999hearts

@koyangi06 from what I observe, RS is used in soompi forums to refer character(s) that gives this "pain in the a**" vibe. Cmiiw, though.

@jeijei has Seol-wannabe made an appearance in the drama? This drama has quite a lot of characters eh... haha not that I'm complaining, but dramas with too many characters can be a little bit overwhelming for me :P

*signs out because I've been babbling too much here*

@999hearts, yes! As I said, her transformation is a gradual process. Look for that girl whose appearance is quite different from the first time you saw her. I can't spoil it since it's one of the highlights of the drama, perhaps in Episode 6 or 7. The reveal is not really shocking but her meltdown is epic. There are 2 guys who have been introduced that should be in that list too. Seol has a lot of people to deal with. I guess she should move to a new neighborhood. 

I wish PD would direct Lee Sung Kyung to tone down a bit. I understand Baek In Ha character is like that and she is going for close resemblance. But it's just too much - too over place. Its quiet painful to watch her.

Almost all the actors adapt/ground their character to reality & putting their own touch to the character while still keeping much of the soul of their comic character. It's a shame that most of the episodes already filmed - not much chance for PD direct Lee Sung Kyung to improve. 

TV: [Spoilers!!!] Cheese in the Trap

Tuesday, January 12, 2016  cheese in the trap, korean dramas, tv  No comments

201601130003671119_7.jpg

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In dictum, turpis vel luctus tristique, leo nibh vestibulum nunc, at placerat nibh dolor sit amet mi. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. In dictum, turpis vel luctus tristique, leo nibh vestibulum nunc, at placerat nibh dolor sit amet mi.

Article: 'Cheese' Park Hae Jin tells Seo Kang Joon "Kim Go Eun is my girlfriend"

Source: Mydaily via Nate

1. [+735, -9] Just as your heart's about to flutter, the drama switches pace into a thriller ㅋㅋㅋ The best of Yoojung's character comes out when he's pissed ㅋㅋㅋ He's going to turn so scary next week when the plot turns to the underwear thief ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+640, -12] Heart attack yesterday over Park Hae Jin's confession and heart attack today over Seo Kang Joon's "You laughed"

3. [+628, -8] Started watching this drama because I was bored and now I'm super into it..

-

Source: Naver

1. [+6,210, -42] Wow, they really chose the best scenes for the preview, how can we wait another week now

2. [+3,896, -63] Dogfur is too cool, no?

3. [+4,540, -303] I've never read the webtoon so I don't know what Park Inha's personality is originally like but does she always overdo it with her actions like this? I think the actress could tone it down a notch. Seol's acting is way better than I thought too.

4. [+1,306, -35] Seo Kang Joon looks amazing in his white button up... ♥ and his "You laughedㅎ" after seeing Kim Go Eun's facial expression looking brighter ㅎㅎ

5. [+1,078, -8] Seol's inner feelings when she's on the date ㅋㅋ wasn't it so funny ㅋㅋ maybe because I could relate... that awkward uncomfortable feeling that just makes you want to go home ㅋㅋㅋ even when he opened the car door for her.. eh.. ehh~ ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-

1452610674_1053780.jpg

Article: 'Cheese' Lee Sung Kyung loses her money fund under Park Hae Jin's plan

Source: TV Daily via Nate

1. [+800, -27] Had no idea that Lee Sung Kyung would be the one to be the error of this drama... from her eyeballs to her mouth... her voice, her actions, everything's so awkward and over the top ㅜㅜ can she please stop rolling her eyes like that ㅜㅜ

2. [+680, -21] Ugh, her acting.. ㅡㅡ

3. [+651, -20] Her acting's more bothersome than Nam Joo Hyuk, what's wrong with her ㅋㅋ

4. [+97, -2] Everything about her is just so over the top.. please tone it down ㅠㅠ her visuals alone are perfectly in sync but her acting is ruining it all..

5. [+94, -3] I saw the drama version of Baek Inha and went back to read the webtoon to see what the webtoon version of the character is like and she does seem like a character that's a bit over the top but I feel like an actress like Yoo In Young would've pulled it off more naturally. Lee Sung Kyung has the perfect image for her but her acting isn't up to par... she keeps opening her eyes wide, fidgeting with her lips, her lines just sound like they're floating in the air...

6. [+82, -3] I can't stand her acting ㅋㅋㅋ it's so bothersome.. how can you be this over the top?

7. [+72, -2] I really regret the drama being pre-produced because of Lee Sung Kyung...

8. [+63, -7] Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk are both from YG, right? Instead of sticking them in dramas everywhere, please give them some proper acting lessons.

---

Credit: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/01/tv-spoilers-cheese-in-trap_12.html

3 hours ago, maboroshi said:

TV: [Spoilers!!!] Cheese in the Trap

Tuesday, January 12, 2016  cheese in the trap, korean dramas, tv  No comments

Article: 'Cheese' Lee Sung Kyung loses her money fund under Park Hae Jin's plan

Source: TV Daily via Nate

[...]

7. [+72, -2] I really regret the drama being pre-produced because of Lee Sung Kyung...

[...]

---

Credit: http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com/2016/01/tv-spoilers-cheese-in-trap_12.html

Just now I was thinking the exact same thing!! ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ 

I think I might be in the minority but I don't think how YJ acts is creepy. If I saw the guy I was dating hanging around a girl that clearly was not my friend, I would be pissed too. I cant wait till next week, I'm already dying with the preview and I really want to know the song at the end of this episode...I love it!!!  Plus why is there no vids of between the shots.

I have read the webtoon and lemme just say that the cast are SUPERB. they have met beyond my expectation, though Jung is indeed a little "creepier" or "stalkerish" as most of you described him in the webtoon but i have no complaints that PHJ was casted. He is perfect for me. :wub: i see in him when he depicts his mysterious persona as Jung the character he played in Bad Guys drama before.

Kim Go Eun also shine in this drama, waaaayy different from her "sexy/adult" role in the movie A Muse. She is definitely an actress and she means business. 

Kudos to the casting director and the director of CITT. May it not lose the momentum.

i cannot express what I feel more than what I have written for now in the same way that @MrsSoJiSub @bebebisous33 @999hearts and the rest here does but keep it all up. i enjoy reading your analysis and interpretation.

tvN produces out of the box drama cliches and CITT is one of it. very very good :D

many are asking about the BM playing ... like a haunting sound in the beginning of it (male singer)  I think its an english song thus not part of the OST. I hope someone can share it here once they find out.

Cheese in the Trap

.t1.jpg

t2.jpg

Mydaily - Naver: 'Cheese in the Trap', Park Hae Jin tells Seo Kang Joon "Kim Go Eun is my girlfriend"

1. [+5,939, -39] Wow that next episode preview is so well put together. How do I wait another week?

2. [+3,746, -55] Isn't dog fur just so awesome?

3. [+4,245, -280]  As someone who hasn't read the webtoon, I don't know much about Baek Inha's personality but has she always been that hyper? I hope she tones it down. I like Seol's acting better

4. [+2,980, -29] How can I wait until next week?

5. [+2,579, -56] Ah ㅠㅠㅠI really like Yoo Jung sunbae

6. [+1,252, -33] Seo Kang Joon looks amazing in white shirt ♥ My heart skipped a beat when he smiled seeing Kim Go Eun's cheerful expression ㅋㅋ

7. [+1,080, -15] Let's date~Huh? I think it'll work out just fine? Huh? Ha... Yoo Jung has so much aegyo

8. [+1,012, -7] I somehow can relate to Seol when she spilled her true feelings during the dateㅋㅋ "Was is not funny?" ㅋㅋㅋㅋ"It's so awkward and uncomfortable, I wanna go home"ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

9. [+927, -19] I didn't know much about Kim Go Eun but she's truly charming. Yeah Go Eun-ah, people will give you positive reviews if you pick roles that match your competence and that bring out your charms. She's so charming as Hong Seol. She's been criticized for her acting all this time because she pushes herself too hard in challenging roles. Take it slowly and you will get recognized

10. [+862, -12] I like Seo Kang Joon, Park Hae Jin and Kim Go Eunㅠㅠ The best

11. [+763, -9] Am I the only one who thinks that house owner's grandson is weird?

Naver
1. [+4,513, -103] Jungpal-ah, Deoksun-ah, are you watching this?? Please learn from them ㅜㅜㅜ

2. [+2,652, -26] Ha. Yoo Jung sunbae, Seol-ah.. I like whatever you two do

3. [+1,567, -18] The story's moving at LTE speed ㅋㅋㅋ

4. [+1,471, -18] I really like how the story's moving so fast ㅋㅋㅋ.

---

Credit: http://kkuljaem.blogspot.com/2016/01/spoilers-cheese-in-trap-glamorous_12.html

@999hearts Watch Bad Guys and you will see why PHJ is perfect for the drama.

I am reserving judgement on In-Ha. AS the drama is pre-produced, there is no way to change her actions. Perhaps it will be toned down? We just have to wait and see.

@MrsSoJiSub Touching Joo Yeon's face was a menacing act. Even though I was screaming 'why are you touching her??', I felt afraid for her as his expression and tone of voice was scary. She is beyond redemption as she still tries to poison the relationship between Seol and Yoo Jung. 

Loving all the analysis of the characters. Nothing can take away how PHJ is just daebak as Yoo Jung and how cute Seol is when he is confused about Yoo Jung's behaviour [Haven't we been through the stage of trying to figure out if a guy is really interested and have an internal monologue?]

Sometimes I feel that Yoo Jung is also a novice at relationships and he himself does not know how to act as a boyfriend. What is the expected behaviour? What should you tell your date? He earns brownie points for saying 'You are pretty' to Seol [twice already!] And out of the blue [my jaw dropped as well] when he casually announced to the teaching assistants that they were dating. It was like 'Bam', a very unprepared Seol.

It is quite obvious that In Ha is interested in her by Ep 4. So things are going to get very interesting!

4 hours ago, madlena said:

@MrsSoJiSubCan read your posts all day!!! You are literally speaking my mind!!!

After I wrote that I remember how one of his puppeteering lead to something I could never make heads or tails about and I could not forgive the domino effect of on Seol and others lives. I forgot somethings the drama hasn't shown or has yet to show. Now, as I did with Mawang aka The Devil (seriously if you are enjoying CitT you'll love that) I'm starting to question a lot of things again LOL. I don't have a problem with him using his manipulating and playing to "avenge" those who had it coming at the same time, but then....gosh dang Yoo Jung is darn complex and layered that I can never feel one way or the other about him and I like that. I guess what I want to say is that it is a disservice to him and other characters to pigeonhole them as "good guy" "bad goy" "sweet" "psychopath" etc. I think all of them are human (and some more humane than others) because they are not just one thing. Even San Chul for how much I find him an richard simmons that I loath and will always loath (he's the worst kind of sunbae and so lazy and all around annoying) he's someone's son, living in a tiny space, eating cheap and lying to his mom so she won't worry.....

Came across this drama by accident and fell in :wub::wub::wub: since..

It's been a while since i last sooo obsessed with k drama after master sun ...GOSH..waiting for the episode to release is really killing me..

Hope to see more bts posting here..

Personally i think both PHJ & KGE are excellent in this drama!:heart:

Can I say that I really like his side view when he was playing shooting game.. totally cool !! and a sense of killer aura surrounded him.. can't help repeating this short clip.. hehe. how come they look awkward when they are dating whereas Inho and Seol were comfortable.. A pity is that this drama only has 16 episodes.. YJ and Seol fighting!! 

@MrsSoJiSub I love love to read your posts and your metaphor is perfect but can you please replace Batman as the dark knight? I know it fit but my illusion of Batman get ruined when they casted Ben Affleck. :bawling:

YJ is dark but you can't help falling for that side of his. I guess we do have naughty side in all of us. Why he got to be sooo hot and sexy? PHJ loooveee.. I'll treat SKJ as a dongseng anytime but not him. 

@NRGchickI love me love love that their first date was so damn awkward. That was the most realist first date I have seen in a kdrama. They have yet to really know each other well/find that footing in relationship where you know each other's likes, dislikes, etc, and find that middle ground and footing of being in each other's world and doing things you can both enjoy m, even if one is enjoying it more than another. Seol's inner monologues are always a hoot. And I liked the resturant scene of expensive food. I think it was a nice parallel of ep 2&3 conscience store eating. In that distortion Jung was the awkward newbie to her world never having eaten convenience store food before and can't peal his triangle kimbap. But he puts in the effort for her by suggesting what she liked when she finally asks him to dinner (I love that he didn't have her pay for some expensive meal) and had practiced to be comfortable in her world/impress get with being able to peal the kimbap. 

Now Seol is the one shoving down strange new food she doesn't know. I hope that as Jung put in the effort for her, she could find richer resturant that have food to her liking that she could suggest to him next time. I don't want her to always want her to go home hungry but they can't always eat kimbap neither. Basically I just enjoy that the two (three) eating out scenes of Seol and Jung were such nice representations of the two characters differences and how they gave to still learn to meet in the middle if they actually want their relationship to work out. 

Also i think Jung is a novice at being a boyfriend but the boy had more game than he knows LOL. It actually makes me wonder if he does it on purpose. He surely seemed to know how to play her hit and cold/push and pull enough that she can't get him off her mind. She can't help but think about him LOL. He was way too smooth with the "oh it's dark here so I should walk you home all the time" (it's hilarious how Seol misses all his signals of like) and the short texts or waves that leave her pandering and anticipating more. He knows what he's doing LOL. But then he can't high five and doesn't seem to know sharing popcorn allows for fingers touching and eventual hand holding. But then he knows to open her door, shows up with coffee to her work place, and freely calls her pretty. Our poor Seol is dying going up and down and all around in her thoughts and fluttering and in fluttering heart. 

I know I don't talk about Inho much, but I really do enjoy his character and think SKJ has really improved as an actor. Inho is the perfect foil to Jung. He's everything Jung's personality just naturally isn't. He's playful, free, jovial, isn't too serious and always thinking, and he lacks responsibilties that Jung has that makes Jung sometimes so stiff and analytic and him Inho so carefree (I mean he is kind of a tracking homeless hippie youth, something Jung could never even if he wanted to -dad and mom would not allow it-). I enjoy his interactions with Seol because so light and allow for a breath of much needed air. Seol and Jung's interactions are always tense (the right kind of tense) and crackling with so many different emotions, feelings, and seriousness. Inho and Seol and natural. It's easy with him and he obviously likes her, but he doesn't/hadn't piqued her interest like Jung does. I could see why she would want to be with him or something deeper developing down the line. For now however he feels more that older (?) brother and friend you talk to/hang out with to have a good laugh and just be you without that need/feeling to impress or attract that comes with someone you have deeper feelings for. 

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Cheese in the Trap" Episode 4

photo674295.jpg

I've seen the whole "awkward first date" trope play out so many times in fiction that I'm used to it being, well, theatrical, with everything going horribly wrong. Seol and Jeong's first date is more...real-life awkward. Like, the movie they end up going to watch is a little weird, there's odd little nitpicks about pricing which they don't discuss. There's never a conversation about actual date stuff. In short, Seol and Jeong don't seem to have any idea what they're doing. Why is that?

Well, because nobody ever has any idea what they're doing on a first date. We're always just making this stuff up as we go along. Most of the time you have to actually explicitly awkwardly describe the outing with a potential romantic partner as being a date just to avoid the risk that the other person might interpret the outing as a platonic one. The more I think about it the more obvious it is that dating is weird and doesn't make any sense. And "Cheese in the Trap" is quite possibly the first work of fiction I've ever consumed that actually acknowledges that.

[HANCINEMA REVIEW]

Archived