Guest ororomunroe

I would like to make it clear. Has Euntaek asked Bora to date already? That "So can we revisit what I brought up last time" line by Euntaek is literally being in my mind a whole day. Its not about his personality doesn't have a charm to be attractive. Bora is just a naive girl who acts like she knows everything in this world.

Euntaek~ah If it is hard, would you like to date me instead, no? 

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Spoiler:

Spoiler

Yes, he has, but she rejected him because then Seol will be a third wheel in their threesome group.

Most people are happy with the fast development of the drama but I feel like the quick pace overlooks many important aspects of all the different relationships. I wish they showed the many stories from the past where YJ indirectly tormented HS and she was suspicious of YJ. Without those important flashbacks, we don't really understand why HS is so hesitant to date him and confused by his change in behavior. I'm also sad they cut out the funny relationship she had in the comic with her gay neighbor (she's already moving out!). I'm guessing they're withholding all the stories of YJ's devious deeds, including with the assistant prof and the stalker classmate, until later, but it would really serve viewers to know now, like in the comic (I read it a while ago and don't really remember the sequence of flashbacks in the comic, but I think they showed many of the flashbacks before the confession. Maybe someone who read it more recently can confirm.). The drama just seems mainstream at the moment.

Also, SKJ is killing his role as Inho. He cracks me up but then when he's feeling lonely/aggrieved, I feel so sorry for him.

Hi guys! First time posting here. After not enjoying k-dramas for the past year, for the new year, I am so happy for Cheese in the Trap. I totally loved it from the first episode. Finally there's a k-drama I can get addicted, too. I missed this feeling! 

Eeeeiiiiii.... Waaaahhhhhh..... Eeeeiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..........

wah, finally i can breathe...Just finished episode 4 and i wanna squeellllll out.... Just dont wanna wake up my neighbor.! Hahahahaha...

i am almost on a second-lead syndrome but whenever i see PHJ, Icant help but to fall for him...

i can have him home instead...? Hehehe... Just kiddin... Before u gals pull my hair here..ok? 

Aaarrgggh, cant wait for next week...! This is something i am looking for, right after Oh my ghostess and Shw was Pretty...! PHJ's mysterious role suits perfectly for him...makes this one really interesting...! Hope the get to be be awarded of a good rating..! 

Till next monday chinggu-yah...! 

:)

3 hours ago, b4 said:

I think I might be in the minority but I don't think how YJ acts is creepy. If I saw the guy I was dating hanging around a girl that clearly was not my friend, I would be pissed too. I cant wait till next week, I'm already dying with the preview and I really want to know the song at the end of this episode...I love it!!!  Plus why is there no vids of between the shots.

I finally found out the song at the end of episode 2 and 4!!! According to the ending credits in episode 4, the song is <Such> by Kang Hyun Min feat. Jo Hyun Ah of Urban Zakapa. (Kang Hyun Min was part of the band Loveholic)

You can compare the voice with his other song: 강현민 (Kang Hyun Min) -- Fix The Day

Hopefully they'll release the song soon~ I know I'm not the only one in love with it.

As I fan of the webtoon, I am resigned to the fact that the story will have to be altered. Without doubt the drama version is far superior to recent attempts by others and I am loving it. I just have a teensy-weensy complaint about the narrative. In the webtoon, the story switches back and forth in the past and present. Many readers find this confusing. But I think that it is a brilliant move by the writer to keep the reader's emotions on an edge.

In the past, we get to see just exactly how much trouble Jung had caused Seol deliberately because he didn't like her. And he did, quite a number of times, very calculatingly ! Seol couldn't prove it as Jung always acted through others, but the intensity of her dislike towards him is shown to increase exponentially with each incident to a point that she goes out of her way to ignore him and stay out of his way. The reader actually gets pissed at Jung while reading it. Whereas when the story switches to the present, we see a different Jung, whose feelings have underwent a complete reversal and now he is shown to pursue Seol with the same single mindedness with which troubled her in the past. All the anger starts melting, hearts start fluttering and panties start dropping.

Jung being a completely private person, the reason which made him change his attitude towards Seol is unclear both to Seol and to the reader. But the constant back and forth narrative keeps both the feelings of anger/wariness and attraction/understanding equally fresh in the reader's mind, thus keeping the inner emotions in a state of turmoil and very close to what Seol must be experiencing IRT. The problem with a linear narrative is that by the 16th episode, one forgets just how much of a jerk the guy was in the first 5 episodes as we are heavily over-dozed with the pink haze of back hugs, accidental kisses, wrist grabs, piggyback rides and bold confessions that we are hit by the love-wipes-away-all-bad-memories syndrome.

Anyways, that's the end of my complaint :) The new entry seems like............

Spoiler

...........the underwear stealing pervert in the webtoon. It will be cool to see Jung lash out physically at him for hurting Seol and her getting to witness it first hand ! Excited to see how PHJ will act it out !!!

27 minutes ago, scout said:

^ Spoiler:

Hide contents

Yes, he has, but she rejected him because then Seol will be a third wheel in their threesome group.

Most people are happy with the fast development of the drama but I feel like the quick pace overlooks many important aspects of all the different relationships. I wish they showed the many stories from the past where YJ indirectly tormented HS and she was suspicious of YJ. Without those important flashbacks, we don't really understand why HS is so hesitant to date him and confused by his change in behavior. I'm also sad they cut out the funny relationship she had in the comic with her gay neighbor (she's already moving out!). I'm guessing they're withholding all the stories of YJ's devious deeds, including with the assistant prof and the stalker classmate, until later, but it would really serve viewers to know now, like in the comic (I read it a while ago and don't really remember the sequence of flashbacks in the comic, but I think they showed many of the flashbacks before the confession. Maybe someone who read it more recently can confirm.). The drama just seems mainstream at the moment.

Also, SKJ is killing his role as Inho. He cracks me up but then when he's feeling lonely/aggrieved, I feel so sorry for him.

I still have faith that they would show those flashback even a little different. I mean i can understand why they changed the whole drunk man incident {its mad old woman in webtoon), bc most viewers would be put off by that. But yeah the whole webtoon full of flashback, i dont understand why we dont get even 1 of that.

16 minutes ago, sanika said:

@scout and @mizuharaaya13 - I agree with both of you. But the fact is the drama or movie version will never be as good as the original. Mainstream viewers might not be able to handle the darker shades of the webtoon and the makers have no choice but to tone it down in the drama version.

Yeah , the good thing is people would like YJ more. As a fan of HS-YJ pair, i always annoyed that many of webtoon fans just so quick to label YJ as evil and didnt deserve HS etc while he was none of that.

Seol needs to dumb Jung. I love that boy but he is a walking definition of abusive relationship (and abuse doesn't always have to be physical) and he doesn't even know it. He is immersing himself in her life so deeply (some of it without her even knowing) that if she wanted to dump him, could she really? Think on it. It's because of him that she has a scholarship and can stay in school. It's because of him she can now go to tutoring academy. There are plenty of other things she has now that she doesn't even know about, that is all because of him (I can already see him wanting to pay for her place so she doesn't have to move back home if she doesn't want to). That is such a huge burden and imbalance in their relationship. How she dumb you when he has/is giving so much to her. What if she dumps him and looses much of many important things in her life. It's almost like he's shacklng her to him in a way and I know that's not what he wants or is trying to do but....that boy. Everything wrong with their relationship was on perfect display in that expensive resturant scene.

Seol can't afford that food. All she's thinking of are the prices and looking for the cheapest meal because she doesn't want to take too much from him. She doesn't want to be too relient on him or feel a burden. Meanwhile for Jung, the price is nothing. He's loaded. He can easily afford the steak, the soup, the wine, anything she wants he can afford and he doesn't even think to notice that the idea of that makes her very uncomfortable and feel small in their budding relationship. Also in his many interactions (just look at Inha situation) with people they are always expecting, wanting, and asking him to give, give, give. Like San Chul said "Oh Yoo Jung is rich, he should pay for it. He will pay for our food, order all the expensive good stuff!!." We will see a lot of people who expect that just because he's rich he should give and never dare to say no or be mad when they are obviously using him for his money or taking it without permission because "you're rich and can afford it. what a measly ____ when you have so much? stop being so selfish and arrogant about your money" Excuse the richard simmons out of you?? Rude! Just because he has money doesn't mean he has to become a charity to all!

It's been so ingrained in Jung (look at how his dad is handling Inha) that it's an automatic reaction in him to pay for things. To give to others. (I know it also has to do with his dark impulses. This boy makes me feel like i'm watch Star Wars with all this "darkness and the light" LOL).  What he thinks he has to do with everyone and what he does do with everyone is such a huge burden to Seol. That type of relationship is not what she wants from/with him, and it kills us both that he is pushing it on her (dude, listen when she says she doesn't want your help with the tutoring situation!). Seol is not dating him for his money and the things he could give her (like most everyone that approaches him). I am so glad that next week it looks she will confront him about some of these things. If they want to continue to date, and be on equal footing, and balance; such a confrontation and talk is needed.  She needs to use her words and communicate how she feels. He needs to listen and accept "no thank you" to mean "no thank you!!". She needs to also not always be worried about the price and just order whatever the hell she wants to eat because she is not burdening him with it. He can afford it and he enjoys treating his girlfriend to a nice meal. He needs to know and understand that yes the price bothers her, so for as many nice expensive "his restaurants" they go to, they are going to have to do things that are "her things" and that she can afford. Go to cheaper places, and let her treat too so she feels and knows she's a governing part of the relationship and not some doll he's catering around. They have a lot they need to workout if they actually want to have and maintain a relationship and I can't wait to see them attempt (and succeed or fail) at doing so.

Also Yoo Jung you controlling, manipulative, richard simmons! Aigoo that boy. I can clearly see a part of his "helping" is about having that control in her life. I get that in some ways he is doing what he is doing because he sees that she is burdened with so much on her plate and as a boyfriend who has and can give, why shouldn't he give? Those reasons are fine but the one where you just enjoy having all that control of her life, of steering her life in a direction that leads back to you (look how he's using Inha to try and get Inho out of her life because he doesn't like that) and what pleases you, and makes you comfortable, and how you want it to be. No little boy that is not how a relationship works. You can't do a lot of the stuff I know you been doing. You don't get to control everything. You don't get to have everything be exactly how you want them to be, and you most definitely do not pick and choose the girls friends, her work, her study. Let go of the puppet mastering that is always present with you (I swear he can't help himself) and for once just allow things to lead where they may. He's going to lose her. It's going to be his own damn fault, and I am going to cheer so hard and wish her to never go back unless he is willing to listen, learn, grow and change (but still stay who he is and what makes him, him. He doesn't have to become an Inho) for the better. 

*sorry to always be commenting. But this drama like the webtoon, got me in my feels LOL.

24 minutes ago, 6illian said:

I finally found out the song at the end of episode 2 and 4!!! According to the ending credits in episode 4, the song is <Such> by Kang Hyun Min feat. Jo Hyun Ah of Urban Zakapa. (Kang Hyun Min was part of the band Loveholic)

You can compare the voice with his other song: 강현민 (Kang Hyun Min) -- Fix The Day

Hopefully they'll release the song soon~ I know I'm not the only one in love with it.

Thank you so much! I'm going to search YouTube like crazy now.

Edit: please someone take pity on me and post the link for this song bc I CANT FIND IT ANYWHERE...sobs of tears...

1 hour ago, 6illian said:

Thank you so much! 

Why can Jung go off and be so adorable to next minute. How cute was he shyly telling the academy director that Seol is girlfriend and not to tell his dad :wub: I don't want a Yoo Jung but can I have a Park Hae Jin to add to my collection please and thank you.

I dont know if any of you also read Japanese manga entitled Death Note. Jung is really look like Light Yagami, I can even see resemblances of their approach towards Misa and Seol. It was not like I doubt his love for Seol. It was just. so.............

Jung~ah do you have a person you want to write on your death note? Just say!

Daaaaamn it You Juuuung!! He confuses me soooo much...  Even though i read the webtoon and i know he is not bad but seeing it on screen is different... Why is he so warm at one moment.and the next he is so relax like ok she is my gf now no need to be stressed? And why dis he go t her work? Just to see what she would say about inho or he genuinely wanted t see her? Why is he comfusing meeee?? Why can't we read him?? Damn you park hae jin and your beautiful face and your lean body...

Lol.. if we are feeling confused about Yoo Jung and his intentions, imagine Seol! She has never dated before and her first boyfriend has to be someone like Yoo Jung. I think even if In ha likes her, she won't notice it until he literally stands in front of her and tells it directly to her face.

10 hours ago, 999hearts said:

On the other side, I'm really satisfied of KGE's acting. The way HS stutters, her movements, as well was the way she interacts with her surroundings. I honestly think Suzy wouldn't have been able to portray HS that well (IMHO she hasn't even reached that versatility as an actress) The supporting roles are fun to watch too :)

I'm so excited about CITT!! I hope it'll continue to be an engaging drama with great pace and plot development. One can only hope ;)

1000 % agree with you 

KGE acting is awesome. She absorbes into the role of HS completely. She can keep the character of the HS from the initial episode perfectly. She is willing to be a mess, and not pretty in this drama. Her chemistry with all of the characters in the drama is very excellent.
Reportedly, this is her first drama, and previously she had refused this role because of busy life, but the director (who has a keen intuition), remains to persuade her to accept this role and provide flexibility in the filming schedule. And it's true, she can play the role of HS admirably and prove it.
I think, the nitizen who initially did not agree that the role of HS given to her, will finally acknowledge that it turns out she is a great actress.

Archived