Guest ororomunroe

http://www.segye.com/content/html/2015/05/28/20150528003693.html?OutUrl=naver

http://www.newstown.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=207868

It seems like talking about Yook Sung Jae as Hong Joon. Idk if it's confirmed or is really offered or he just wanted to play as Hong Joon since my Korean is poor. 

But if he did, yassss. I like him and can't wait to see his performance as Hong Joon. He did well in School 2015.

*edit*

It seems like he just wanted to act as one. Not sure.

He would fit Hong Joon role actually, though I prefer Lee Hyun Woo more.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.segye.com/content/html/2015/05/28/20150528003693.html?OutUrl=naver

http://www.newstown.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=207868

It seems like talking about Yook Sung Jae as Hong Joon. Idk if it's confirmed or is really offered or he just wanted to play as Hong Joon since my Korean is poor. 

But if he did, yassss. I like him and can't wait to see his performance as Hong Joon. He did well in School 2015.

*edit*

It seems like he just wanted to act as one. Not sure.

He would fit Hong Joon role actually, though I prefer Lee Hyun Woo more.

​i thought about YSJ as Hong Joon when i re-read the webtoon during last weekend. And now, the casting news come out :)

Hmm, if Sung Jae confirmed as Hong Joon, it would be great that Go Ara plays Hong Sul. It was a shame that they did not have many scenes together last time they played siblings in Reply 1994. I want to see more of them together.

Guest tinyinfinity

I seriously created this account just for this drama lol.

When I first read about Park Haejin being in this drama, I got curious and went to read the webtoon, and now I'm obsessed!!! I'm in so much pain because only 45 chapters of season 3 have been translated so far ._. This is one of the most impressive and complex and captivating stories I've ever read, which means a lot coming from me who has read like a gazillion of shoujo mangas and the like. My main concern for the drama is how they'll show Sul's thoughts because she thinks A LOT and understanding her thoughts is vital in understanding her. Also, there are many subtleties in the characters' interactions, which might be hard to show correctly.

I am so so so happy that Park Haejin is playing Yoo Jung. Even his eyes look like Jung's lol. And I've heard that he was great in playing a psychopath in Bad Guys?

As for who should play Sul, my favorites right now are Moon Chaewon (my goddess), Kim Jiwon, Park Shinhye. They all look young enough and pretty in an understated way (and Jiwon & Chaewon have quite similar eyes to Sul's). I've seen many people say that PSH's acting is bad, but I've seen her in The Heirs (where she played a kinda similar role to Sul) and she was pretty good imo?  

​i dont mean to be rude, but PSH's role in Heirs is no way similar to Sul. Sul while is a people-pleaser is willing to address her problem and talks to Jung about that. Also, she is very independent. PSH's role in Heirs is a typical candy, who cant do anything and always follows the male lead's orders.

Your other two actresses: Moon ChaeWon and Kim Ji Won are great choices.

I hope TvN will take up this drama as it s the only network which does justice to the original webtoon, i.e: Miseang

SBS is a disaster. All the webtoon adaptations on SBS just borrow the name and then change all the stories

dont know how MBC does with adaptation, need to wait and see Lee Goon Ki's Scholar.

No to KBS. they would cut all Gong Joo Yong and AP Hul's story out since the station is so conservative. But that story arc is one of my favorite 

​Hmm sorry but that description is so off. It's been a long time so I don't remember it well now but yeah there were some moments that Eunsang followed Kim Tan but that's like 10% of her character. I'm not saying that Eunsang is 100% like Sul, but they do share some similarities: both are capable students from poor families; both take care of their own expenses; both are the no-nonsense type of girls. They also endured pressure from how their parent(s) favored their other sibling more.

Anyway I think it'll be nice if Lee Yoobi plays Ahyoung. She has that cute younger sister vibe going on. As for Yook Sungjae, I've been watching him in School 2015 and he's doing such a good job. I think he'll be able to capture Inho's personality.

Guest Rita1986

I seriously created this account just for this drama lol.

When I first read about Park Haejin being in this drama, I got curious and went to read the webtoon, and now I'm obsessed!!! I'm in so much pain because only 45 chapters of season 3 have been translated so far ._. This is one of the most impressive and complex and captivating stories I've ever read, which means a lot coming from me who has read like a gazillion of shoujo mangas and the like. My main concern for the drama is how they'll show Sul's thoughts because she thinks A LOT and understanding her thoughts is vital in understanding her. Also, there are many subtleties in the characters' interactions, which might be hard to show correctly.

I am so so so happy that Park Haejin is playing Yoo Jung. Even his eyes look like Jung's lol. And I've heard that he was great in playing a psychopath in Bad Guys?

As for who should play Sul, my favorites right now are Moon Chaewon (my goddess), Kim Jiwon, Park Shinhye. They all look young enough and pretty in an understated way (and Jiwon & Chaewon have quite similar eyes to Sul's). I've seen many people say that PSH's acting is bad, but I've seen her in The Heirs (where she played a kinda similar role to Sul) and she was pretty good imo?  

​i dont mean to be rude, but PSH's role in Heirs is no way similar to Sul. Sul while is a people-pleaser is willing to address her problem and talks to Jung about that. Also, she is very independent. PSH's role in Heirs is a typical candy, who cant do anything and always follows the male lead's orders.

Your other two actresses: Moon ChaeWon and Kim Ji Won are great choices.

I hope TvN will take up this drama as it s the only network which does justice to the original webtoon, i.e: Miseang

SBS is a disaster. All the webtoon adaptations on SBS just borrow the name and then change all the stories

dont know how MBC does with adaptation, need to wait and see Lee Goon Ki's Scholar.

No to KBS. they would cut all Gong Joo Yong and AP Hul's story out since the station is so conservative. But that story arc is one of my favorite 

​Wooooow....KBS is also a huge disaster...take a look at what they did to Orange Marmalade...argh I'm horrified with what they did to the storyline. 

I think Ive read somewhere in the webtoon's endnotes? by the author that she already have an ending for the webtoon. I hope they'll stick to the webtoon's original storyline. I'm afraid they'll ruin this work without proper preparation. Misaeng is the best adaptarion I've watched so far. The pd prepared for 2 years for that. I hope the team for CITT do a good job, too.

Idk, PSH's acting bores the hell out of me(pardon my words). Sul is such a refreshing characters, she's a fighter not a crier. Psh always looks sad faced in every drama I've seen. I'm not an  antifan, just a fan of this webtoon.

I think Ive read somewhere in the webtoon's endnotes? by the author that she already have an ending for the webtoon. I hope they'll stick to the webtoon's original storyline. I'm afraid they'll ruin this work without proper preparation. Misaeng is the best adaptarion I've watched so far. The pd prepared for 2 years for that. I hope the team for CITT do a good job, too.

Idk, PSH's acting bores the hell out of me(pardon my words). Sul is such a refreshing characters, she's a fighter not a crier. Psh always looks sad faced in every drama I've seen. I'm not an  antifan, just a fan of this webtoon.

​i also hope the production teams would stick to the original story. Beside Misaeng,which follows closely to the original webtoon, all other webtoon adaptations are just plain horrible with same characters and titles but new plots.

If i'm not wrong, CitT's adaptation has been in the work since last Aug.

​Well said @d3in.

I hope they don't rush & pick the cast properly & stick close to the webtoon.

Saw park hae jin's pictures in this article: 

http://kpopfighting.com/2015/06/01/park-hae-jin-sends-meal-truck-to-hidden-identity-drama-set/

I feel like he's already preparing for his character. Hehe

​How did you get that vibe from those pics? I'm curious.

But I'm sure he's currently preparing for Yoo Jung, especially since Yoo Jung is such a complex character. It needs preparation to carry it out well.

For me, I just had doubts if he could pull off a look of a college student. I think he looks more youthful in these stills. Before i think, he always look mature? Imo. Idk.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ororomunroe

TV: Cheese in The Trap picked up by tVN:

20150618_1434561317_09047600_1_99_201506

Article: [Exclusive] 'Cheese in the Trap' confirmed for tvN... directed by 'Coffee Prince' PD Lee Yoon Jung

Source: TV Report via Naver

1. [+2,395, -17] Whoa!!!!!!! tvN!!! Definitely more trustworthy than public broadcast, looking forward to it!

2. [+1,597, -38] This is daebak ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ Will be looking forward to it, we just need to keep idols out ㅠㅠ

3. [+1,203, -21] 'Coffee Prince' was seriously the best drama of my life..!!!

4. [+1,002, -7] I wonder who's going to play Baek Inho

5. [+685, -14] One of my favorite webtoons, I hope it turns out well..

6. [+189, -1] The PD is representative of romcom dramas.. and with tvN to boot ㅋㅋ I was honestly worried at first about this webtoon becoming a drama but this combo makes it worth looking forward to

7. [+168, -2] This is crazy, tvN + Lee Yoon Jung PD? I had no anticipation but now I'm starting to get excited ㅠㅠㅠ

8. [+106, -1] I was hoping a public broadcast wouldn't pick it up! Loving this!

9. [+85, -2] tvN's got good production quality so I'm glad! I wonder when they're going to cast the female lead...?

10. [+78, -5] I wonder how they're going to turn it into a drama considering the webtoon isn't even over yet and the plot is spread out all over the place. I'm honestly not looking forward to it ㅋㅋㅋ

Cr: netizenbuzz

Yes!!! I loved the work of Coffee Prince and Heart to Heart PD so I'm here for it. 

Anticipated webtoon adatpation Cheese in the Trap goes to tvN
by javabeans

cheese_3.jpg

The buzzed-about webtoon adaptation drama Cheese in the Trap doesn’t yet have a timeslot, but it has now secured a broadcaster and a director, and both seem like good deals: tvN has snapped up the hot property and attached director Lee Yoon-jung, the PD who turned Coffee Prince into a lovely sentimental hit back in 2007 and recently made the jump to cable with the quirky rom-com Heart to Heart.

The drama adaptation for Cheese in the Trap has been garnering a lot of interest in the media; the hype is actually so high that it took me aback, but the webtoon is quite popular and Park Hae-jin, who has signed on to play the lead, is in the middle of a career boom (You From Another Star, Bad Guys). And with adaptations being all the rage these days, everyone’s wondering what’ll become the next Misaeng.

The webtoon, which began running in 2010, centers around a university student who struggles to put herself through school and the mysteriously perfect sunbae who becomes her boyfriend. The stories are mostly small and everyday, told in an engaging way that draws out the little dramas of regular life. Based on that, I think PD Lee is a perfect choice since that type of storytelling fits with her directing approach, finding mood and sentiment in the ordinary. She’s not infallible since she did also direct the slooooow and meandering Triple, but I’d argue that she still brought her sweet, humorous touch to that drama, whose failure was more due to its lack of plot.

More here: dramabeans.com/2015/06/anticipated-webtoon-adatpation-cheese-in-the-trap-goes-to-tvn

Guest ilikeph0

Oh my gosh, I'm super excited for this though. Cheese in the Trap has one of the most interesting narratives I've ever seen!! I just hope the drama collaborates with the original artist to make sure the story flow is well done.

Park Hae Jin...PD Lee...tvN....

its complete reasons why i'm waiting this drama...^^

Speaking of PD Lee i love her dramas Coffee Prince and Heart to Heart...the romantic vibes is so good and catchy.....and CP is the best classic drama for me until now...

the one thing i'm worried is just female lead...aigooo please not idol for this...i'm dying to see PHJ as male lead and get awesome actress as his opposite....

10. [+78, -5] I wonder how they're going to turn it into a drama considering the webtoon isn't even over yet and the plot is spread out all over the place.  

Hehe, I agree with this comment.

Maybe the webtoon is planned to end soon, maybe when the drama is going on the webtoon will be finished first.

The webtoon was originally planned to have a total of 150 chapters at first when the artist first started, but it's already over 200+ chapters by now, and last time I checked the season 3 alone already hit 100 for numbers. But judging from the vibe I get from skimming the latest chapters (my Korean is so poor though), it's possible that the webtoon will end first before the drama finishes. Well the drama is speculated to be aired in October for the earliest. There are still 4 months left until then if the drama isn't postponed, thus there are still about 16-20 chapters remaining for the artist if she wants to wrap up the story before the drama airs or finishes airing.

I prefer the webtoon to be finished first before the drama airs so that the drama version will be able to tell the full story of the webtoon, unless they plan this drama to be in seasons format as well (I hope not).

What do you guys think about Kyung Soo Jin for Sul? She has that college look but I'm not sure if she fits Sul since I don't know anything about the webtoon. 

running-man.jpg?w=600

tumblr_nj05d1FyGS1s2mfkeo3_r2_250.gif tumblr_nj05d1FyGS1s2mfkeo10_r2_250.gif

tumblr_ncdajna8QQ1s2mfkeo5_r1_250.gif tumblr_ncdajna8QQ1s2mfkeo2_r1_250.gif

To be honest, when I first read the description, I immediately thought of Park Shin Hye for the female lead but after much consideration, I wish the main female role would go to someone less "famous", someone who has played second fiddle for most of their acting career. Park Hae Jin has mostly done supporting roles so I'm hoping the female lead would be the same. There are so many actresses out there who deserve an opportunity to play a lead role so... yeah... 

What do you guys think about Kyung Soo Jin for Sul? She has that college look but I'm not sure if she fits Sul since I don't know anything about the webtoon. 

To be honest, when I first read the description, I immediately thought of Park Shin Hye for the female lead but after much consideration, I wish the main female role would go to someone less "famous", someone who has played second fiddle for most of their acting career. Park Hae Jin has mostly done supporting roles so I'm hoping the female lead would be the same. There are so many actresses out there who deserve an opportunity to play a lead role so... yeah... 

I think Kyung Soo Jin looks too mellowed out for Sul. Chun Woo Hee fits Sul's image better.

Park Shin Hye is a no-no. She doesn't fit Sul's image at all.

Archived