Guest ororomunroe

17 minutes ago, chasingdaisy said:

that smirk really throws off a lot of people, eh? it seems like he's smirking after the flashback which will make people think that he's actually proud of what he'd done (sending the texts to Young-gon) instead of being proud of himself outsmarting Young-gon.

Hide contents

in the webtoon, however he seems to be restless after that. he keeps tapping his foot and his fingers and even Seol noticed that

I like how he smirk though. It's kind of mysterious but not an evil one.

• Replies 13.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are both Jung and In-Ho (both characters, not the actors) left handed ? I thought they were right handed, but when Jung was visiting Seol's parents, In-Ho was cutting a cucumber /zucchini while holding the knife with the left hand. Jung was also holding the chopsticks with the left hand when eating the noodle. I thought they were rigtht handed... ?

1 minute ago, ka77 said:

Are both Jung and In-Ho (both characters, not the actors) left handed ? I thought they were right handed, but when Jung was visiting Seol's parents, In-Ho was cutting a cucumber /zucchini while holding the knife with the left hand. Jung was also holding the chopsticks with the left hand when eating the noodle. I thought they were rigtht handed... ?

if i'm not mistaken, Jung is right handed. but Park Hae-jin is left handed (or ambidextrous, so to say).

But I like Jung's smirk, u can see he's planning something "evil" and knew he would get away with it( ok ignore my obsession w Jung, haha).

Spoiler

The thing Seol hates most is to look at the back of Sunbae's head( he walks away) each time they had misunderstandings, Jung always do what he pleases and that made her angry coz she doesn't know what he's thinking. Jung also hv problem understanding her, why must she want to do everything herself when she can tell him her problems. Why can she tell her friends, even Inho but not him? Both of them has childhood trauma of his father expecting too much frm him and his idea that Jung has mental issues based on Prof Baek's word and for Seol, she felt that she was not loved by her parents and they expect her to do well on her own and her grandma, the only person finally opened up to her before her death. She was afraid ppl leaving her n so does Jung, both r insecure and hv never reach out to ppl until they met each other.

Both of them actually started analysing each other during the time when Jung gave Seol a hard time in the early episode. That's why I think  Seol can be forgiving n understand why Jung did what he did to ppl he said deserved it. Just my opinion frm reading the comic, u may hv ur own opinion too regarding this.

Shall we share love for Inho? Yes? Let's see.

For 7 episodes we saw a 'pitiful' version of Inho. He seems carefree and is always running his mouth (goodness sometimes im amazed at all the punchlines he throws out) but he has a lot of emotional baggage to carry. Much like Jung who uses a facade to shield/protect himself, this guy uses his spunky personality to hide his inner demons. Obviously, his losing his dream is one of the big ones. But there's so much more. His childhood and broken relationship with Jung are also weighing in on him. We've roomimated a lot on the idea that Jung pushed Inho away and treats him like he does because he felt betrayed by a person he sincerely cared about. It's the same for Inho. While I do agree that Inho was able (and still is) to receive love easily, I don't think Inho is one to give his love/affection easily. He's very independent, both in his youngin' days and now (his ego was quite something). Like I said before, he grew up thinking he could accomplish his goals if he worked towards it and 'because I was born such an amazing and talented guy.' Reading the webtoon and now watching the drama, I've never gotten the feeling that he easily thows his affection to others. Because getting along well with others and sincerely caring for them are two very different things. Inho has that ease of making people feel comfortable around him but that doesn't mean he holds a distinguished affection for them. There's nothing wrong with that. Yet, it does show that Inho also guards his feelings. My point here is that Inho also saw Jung as someone special, someone close to him. That's why the scars are so deep on both ends. Both of them held each other in such high esteem, a nice friendship, that now both carry the weight of that broken relationship, a broken brotherhood, broken trust, etc. Yeah Inho lived off Jung's father and I side-eye Jung's father all the time. And not everything was rainbows and flowers, since Jung did get hurt by living in an environment where his father took in the Baek kids. But at that moment in time I think that brotherhood was sincere on both ends. Not a perfect relationship (let's blame the father for now hehehe) but it was sincere.

Spoiler

Also recall the high-school flashback where Inho considers how it would be if Inha married Jung. He thinks it'd be nice to become a real family, not just something like a family. Just the three of them. No one can dare tell me these kids didn't share a special bond or I'll flip Inho's piano.

Now let's think on how this ties into the present and the aforementioned burdens these two kiddos carry. We still don't know what the heck really happened with Inho's hand. All we know is that Inho strongly believes that Jung was the instigator. And Jung...well in the drama he's said nada as of now. So let's focus on Inho again. There's obviously been a huge lack of communication between them regarding the accident. Inho goes around telling people (Seol) that Jung broke his hand. And here we keep saying every week, 'why don't they just sit down and TALK it out for heaven's sake!?' Me thinks Inho is afraid of what he may discover if he has a heart-to-heart with Jung. Because although he yaps around on how it's Jung's fault, I don't think he believes that 100%. Or he's simply not sure. He doesn't know for certain. Inho is the only person who really got to know Yoo Jung. So how could my friend be capable of something like this? He was like my brother, he wouldn't right? But the circumstances...? Inho is scared of the truth. Because although Jung won his affection (bromance ya'll bromance) he has this doubt engrained in his brain on whether Jung wronged him or not. And I've focused on Inho here but I feel its the same situation with both guys. If they sit down and talk they may hear something they don't want to hear, something that'll be like the final blow to their already broken friendship. Ugh I love them both. Together.

Well I was actually gonna write about Inho's development in episode 8 but obviously I got sidetracked. :D

Guest mywebfoot

@Emily Pun Thank you. I took English Language as a topic once, but dropped it like a hot stone. You could say I am a failed Language major :P, now taking to haunting kdrama forums with amateur analyses! 

@NRGchick Thanks for welcome! I saw a tumblr post once that catalogued all the times he asked her out for a meal. I counted 11 times. Dude is persistent, but in a very sweet and un-stalker-ish manner. 

@MrsSoJiSub @chasingdaisy @rhaps @qwenli

Thank you for your responses and I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thinks that there's a gentleman hidden under all those layers of emotional complexity and "contradictory" impulses. ;)

Maybe it's an indictment of our modern day society where we can't get our heads around the fact that people can compartmentalize how they see people and not hate them or love them.  

4 hours ago, colormejoyous said:

Honestly, I'm more of a Jung supporter. But, I'm also sort of done with explaining his behavior to people outside this forum. They can call him the devil himself and I'm not saying anything (though it seems like "devil" is the only label left after using every negative label (warranted or unwarranted) to describe his personality. I'm just DONE explaining because if people choose to see certain things with negatively biased glasses then there is not much I can do to change their perception. I'm just going to keep enjoying the show, and stay away from commments that don't bother to go any deeper in understanding Jung's character and the reasons behind his actions. If they want to simplify everything then congratulations to them, but they have picked the wrong drama to watch. If people are watching cheese, then they should at least learn to deduce and connect the dots for characters' various choices and their resulting personalities.

But, at the same time, I do like reading reason based opinions on this forum, so keep at it guys! (sorry for the ranty comment, couldn't help myself. lol)

Don't hold back, @colormejoyous, tell us exactly how you feel. :lol:

Although some times I feel frustrated that I must be backing the wrong horse. :lol: But only sometimes. ;)

2 hours ago, qwenli said:

I dont know, i seriously got a feeling that its the older audience (me included) that is understanding him. Maybe we need another ahjumma fanclub. Haha.

LOL. Yeah, maybe we should start Jung's ajumma fanclub. :lol: Where we can all chastise him for all the naughty things he's done and then give him a nice big hug each. :bawling:

I like the way you think, dear!

15 minutes ago, mywebfoot said:

@Emily Pun Thank you. I took English Language as a topic once, but dropped it like a hot stone. You could say I am a failed Language major :P, now taking to haunting kdrama forums with amateur analyses! 

@NRGchick Thanks for welcome! I saw a tumblr post once that catalogued all the times he asked her out for a meal. I counted 11 times. Dude is persistent, but in a very sweet and un-stalker-ish manner. 

Oh wow that's cool. Even though you dropped the class, you at least learned something from the class. I find it easier to analyze KDramas than books.

For me, though, about Min Soo's behavior...  I just try to compare it with Jung's reaction when HE was frequently rejected by Seol as well.  Let's not forget that this is the guy who's been making everyone doubt about his motives, because he's assumed to be unstable.  Yet, how did he react to Seol's rejection? By being patient and trying to show her that she can trust him (there are some times when this gets blurry, but I'm talking about how he reacts publicly - not the secret threats that he gives).  He'd smile and offer help.  He'd buy her coffee.  Normal stuff.  And yet, he doesn't overdo it.  He doesn't try to change his personality for the sake of the one person that he likes.  Sure, he makes subtle changes with how he reacts (he tries telling her how he feels about her relationship with In Ho now, rather than keeping everything shut.).  But Jung is still Jung - flaws and all.

Min Soo, however... well, she did the exact opposite.  And if your behavior is worse than the guy that the show has marked to have major issues, what does that exactly make you?

And regarding Bo Ra, the girl needs to calm down.  But I also think that we have to account that that's actually her personality.  Seol even explained that when they first met, Bo Ra was always fighting.  So, yes.  Her behavior is uncalled for.  But you can't exactly say that it is unexpected.

Meanwhile, Min Soo who's been shown to have an admiration for Seol all throughout the first few episodes, suddenly reappears looking like a Seol clone... Only to throw her under the bus in public like that - it definitely sets off warning signals for the Crazy Train.

And THAT is why Min Soo is officially on my crazy list.  Along with In Ha and Young Gon.

2 minutes ago, Ahpheng said:

:blush: thank you for the compliment and for following my IG 

Chingu @Ahpheng I really love all your c-strips in your IG!! I'm going to follow u too~~ I missed a lot of your CITT series.. gonna make time to read all of it!! :heart:

Reading 6 pages of this thread today, and I love all of your discussions!! and I just noticed most of u have become Yoo Jung's fan club?? hahahaha...

YJ's character is easy to be hated at first, but gradually we love him.. he's like a child who needed love?? hahaha... at first I find YJ scary and confusing.. but now I seriously like him! Not that I dislike In Ho, I like him too.. but he'll be a great friend to Seol~~ ^^ (He can be mine personally! hahaha)

Still haven't watched both new episodes with subs.. :bawling:

But right now since I have KGE's movie Memories of Sword in my tab, I'm going to watch it during my one hour lunch time... ^^ Should have CITT's episodes in my tab~~ huhuhuhu

@ChasingDaisies Its not that jung is being truthful out of goodness of his heart.. :P .. Seol asked him to be truthful and hence he is..with the expectation that being truthful is answer to all issues

Spoiler

In webtoon,

After HS walks away from YJ upon learning of his involvement in YG case,

There is a very cute scene..

YJ mumbles to himself:

If I tell her the truth , she gets angry

If I lie, she doesn't like it

From now on, I will do things my way..

rofl..

2 hours ago, ka77 said:

I read somewhere that phj writes with his right hand but holds his chopsticks with his left. So i guess he could be a natural left hander nurtured to be a right hander. He has a complicated charm. Haha

@PororoQueen he was marking his territory... he is going crazy seeing to what extent in in Ho involved in Hs's life.. and ofcourse he is indeed serious about her..

Q: So, we see that YJ will do anything to please his daddy dearest...correct? he really yearns for this appreciation..

Now if Daddy refuses to accept HS,  how do you think YJ will react? ( Going by story till date..ofc can be wrong here... we know he really cared for in Ho.. but fighting , doing what is not expected of him still sorta came before in Ho)

2 hours ago, b4 said:

I'm team Jung all the way!!!!! I don't think there is anything wrong with his actions or reactions, I get the way he is. People make judgments about him, why cant he do the same. Its very hypocritical thinking. I think deep down Inho knows it wasn't Jung that got him beat up and Jung knows it was Inha but won't say anything bc that is not his style. That is why Inho keeps saying to Jung "you have nothing to say sorry for..." Inho can't blame his own sister so Jung is the scapegoat for when he wants to feel sorry for himself. I can't wait for monday/tuesday,I want another kiss scene!!!

Chingu, well said @b4 I don't see anything wrong in his actions either. Is just society says it is wrong. Jung, HS, Bora, Eun-Taek, Ah Young and a few other students are not looking to use people. The rest love to take advantage of other people especialy when they can do the job but choose to be lazy. 

There was one time In Ho accused Jung of sending all these guys to beat him up , all Jung said was YOU CROSSED THE LINE".  That line stayed on my mind and made me wonder what did he do wrong, In Ho can't be that stupid and not know how he crossed the line. smh smh smh In Ho did crossed the line many time by being so blunt, conceited and selfish. One thing disgusted me was when he tried to rub in YJ's face about how he was affraid of losing HS like YJ lost his father. In my opinion In Ho knew that he was taking all the attention of the chairman from YJ. smh smh smh  I think YJ has given up on getting attention from the chairman a long time ago. If YJ was to abandon his father, his father would abandon Baek In Ho and In Ha because he is his sole heir. But because YJ takes his responsability seriously he won't do it. After all he worked hard to get where he is at and he won't let that affect his decision to take over the company. 

Speaking of crazies...

It's true that we are invited to make comparisons between Crazy and Crazier. ;) But what strikes me about MS is that it seems to have come out of no where. Maybe I've missed something but MS looked like your average (very average) uni student that exists in the fringes. She's the sort of person that doesn't make much of an impression, keeps to herself and is more or less invisible. Holidays are over and she's back doing the Single, White Female thing. Was there an indication that she had a Seol or red hair fetish before that? Doesn't seem like that to me. I'm curious to know what made her snap and start "cosplaying Seol" as Bora puts it delicately. There was nothing previously to suggest that she was giving special attention to Seol. Imitation is the highest form of flattery it is said but here it's downright creepy. It's one thing to imitate another's fashion sense but it's another thing to try and look like them. But then there's a lot of people who dress up -- Elvis, Marilyn impersonators, really hardcore Trekkies, opening night at Star Wars for instance, so why aren't we creeped out by them?

The lack of self-awareness is what worries me or that refusal to acknowledge that her very actions could potentially be off-putting to the one she's modelling herself after. She behaves as if it's the most normal thing in the world. Undoubtedly she's receiving a lot of attention which is clearly what's motivating her to a large extent. But why? 

So what social norm is she breaking that we would deem her crazy?

OYG demonstrated his own flair for scheming. Although he's not the Master, he was reasonably effective in that he got the desired result. ;) Scheming and manipulating doesn't necessarily mean a person is nuts but it could make them dangerous. He obviously craves attention but he can't get it on his own merits :P. So he's made to believe that a girl likes him when he mistakes kindness for attraction. She says "No" in no uncertain terms and on more than one occasion. Most guys would back off but he doesn't because he is fixated with the thought that a girl could like him just because she showed a little kindness. He may have been fed but he swallowed it willingly. Why believe the text messages? They didn't come from herSo he wants revenge on the guy who lied to him and the girl who rejected him. "They done me wrong!" Okay I get that. But then he wants sympathy and does not take responsibility for his part in the fiasco. He's not a stupid guy so why did he swallow it hook, line and sinker? . An ego that's bigger than Ben Hur perhaps.

It was the perfect storm. Everyone played a part. It's a cautionary tale that actions have consequences, no matter what the initial intentions were. Things can often take on a life of its own just from one or two little things. It's been called the butterfly effect.

Another thing I've noticed about OYG is how cowardly he can be. He hides behind others or makes himself look so pathetic that people feel sorry for him. That's the sum total of his manipulative power.

The thing about manipulation though... and why it works... It usually comes in the form of emotional blackmail or some appeal to the emotions. Manipulation works largely because the manipulated gives in to their fears.

15 minutes ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

@PororoQueen he was marking his territory... he is going crazy seeing to what extent in in Ho involved in Hs's life.. and ofcourse he is indeed serious about her..

Q: So, we see that YJ will do anything to please his daddy dearest...correct? he really yearns for this appreciation..

Now if Daddy refuses to accept HS,  how do you think YJ will react? ( Going by story till date..ofc can be wrong here... we know he really cared for in Ho.. but fighting , doing what is not expected of him still sorta came before in Ho)

@enigmatic_zephy.... Daddy will not accept HS. I don't think his reaction will be good if daddy gives him a hard time. YJ will be so mad at him because of what he had to endure when the Baek kids started living with them. Even though they did care for each other but Daddy gave them more attention than his own kid. smh smh smh 

At least HS's dad knows HS dating YJ will be a problem because YJ's world is different from their. He is the only one who is a realist. Even HS knows that their world is sooo far apart. She is willing to enjoy ther present with YJ.  HS's mom and brother are the only who are dreaming a a nice life if HS and YJ keep dating or get married. 

Archived