Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest Diamond_

Blend the pictures you want/have it ready. Open the textures you want to use. You can make it smaller or crop it so it fits the graphic you make if you want. Try different blending options, they give different result.

Noooo way!~~ That's so simple. :o

:fury: >//<;;

Oh... and thanks.. ^^

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dendrobium.

Noooo way!~~ That's so simple. :o

:fury: >//<;;

Oh... and thanks.. ^^

actually...not exactly. It may takes a while until you get what you want..

That is just one of many ways you can do it. I think that is the easy way. There is more. You figure it all out when you get comfortable with textures. THEY ROCK !

THEY ROCK !

Yes I love textures. I can't make a single thing in PS without adding at least ONE texture :P

c iZzLe gO zZz mind giving the link to the full tutorial? Haha to be honest, what you posted makes no sense to me at all so maybe if I take a look at the rest of the tut, it might help :P

Guest bitememonster

c iZzLe gO zZz mind giving the link to the full tutorial? Haha to be honest, what you posted makes no

sense to me at all so maybe if I take a look at the rest of the tut, it might help :P

Wahhh thank you jeNn* You are helping me once again. TT_TT

Well, sorry that I didn't post up the link to the whole tutorial. Here it is.

Please respond a.s.a.p. because I really need to rush this damn project. I am now officially hating science.

<3ah bao

Guest jasonyc

Wahhh thank you jeNn* You are helping me once again. TT_TT

Well, sorry that I didn't post up the link to the whole tutorial. Here it is.

Please respond a.s.a.p. because I really need to rush this damn project. I am now officially hating science.

<3ah bao

Assuming the circle (ring) is on its own layer, just transform it (Ctrl+T/Cmd+T).

Drag the top middle anchor point down to 'squash' the ring.

Hit the Enter or Return key when you've got it matched to the 'ball'.

It would've been nice if the author of that tutorial continued on to fixing the lighting (highlights and shadows) for all the rings.

As it stands, all the rings look identical without any variation in the lighting regardless of their angle to the light source (top right).

For that simple reason, the rings end up looking less than a complete part of the image.

Guest bitememonster

O_O I will try that out later. LOL! Oh yea, one more problem/question. Is the sphere layer supposed to be on top of the circle layer ? And how i do erase the the circle so it looks like it's wrapped around the sphere?

I sort of get it, but I'm still a little confused. Thank you so much jasonyc

-------------------------x

If it's not much, can someone(jasonyc, jeNn*, muddie murda) make me a more detailed and understandable version of that tutorial? Cuz, referring back to the tutorial now, I'm getting more and more comfused. Thanks in advance.

<3ah bao

Guest Muddie Murda

Creating a 3D Atom on Photoshop

READ THROUGH TUTORIAL BEFORE ATTEMPTING.

While creating this, I screen capped a few things that probably didn't need to be capped, but it's for newbies who are not fimiliar with where the tools and menus are.

Also, the pictures are kind of blurry due to the not-so-nice-ways of paintshop. (I use paintshop when screen capping.) Also, I apologize for the size of the pictures, I tried to smoosh all the tool windows as close as possible so it wouldn't be that wide.

--------------

1) First, start off with a new document (around 600x600) with a black background. Then go to Filter > Render > Lens Flare.

atom1.jpg

Make it a brightness of 120% or so, and 105mm prime.

atom2.jpg

2) Now go to Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates and select Polar to Rectangular.

atom3.jpg

Your graphic should look something like this now:

atom4.jpg

3) Now go to Image > Rotate Canvas > 180 degrees then go back to Filter > Distort > Polar Coordinates and this time, select Rectangular to Polar. You'll now be looking at a sphere looking thing.

4) Give yourself more room while doing this part. Stretch out the graphic window. Now, using your Circle Marquee, hold down shift and create a circle around the sphere as best as you can. Cheating way to get to "as best as you can": Make your circle, whatever size you want while holding down Shift. Right click on your graphic and go to Transform Selection. From there, you can adjust the size of the sphere.

atom5.jpg

5) After you've created the marquee circle, copy it. Go to File > New and create a file around 600x600 or whatever size you like. Make it a white background, so it'd be easier to look at with the eyes. Paste in the sphere you just copied. Make sure it's on it's own layer.

atom6.jpg

6) Now hide the sphere, so it won't bother while we make the rings.

atom7.jpg

7) Create a new layer. Select the Circle Marquee, hold down shift, and create a circle. Now go to Edit > Stroke. Make the stroke around 50 px, select your color you'd like, in my case, it's blue, and then select "Inside" for location.

atom8.jpg

8) It's a bit rough looking on the inside of the circle, so click on your Circle Marquee, hold down shift, and create a smaller circle inside of the already made [blue] circle. Hit Delete, and it should now be a nice smooth ring.

atom9.jpg

9) Now, go to Edit > Free Transform and make the height of the ring smaller like this:

atom10.jpg

Guest Muddie Murda

10) Move the ring up to the middle of the graphic. Now, make the sphere visible again. Make sure you are on the Sphere layer to do this next part. Go to Edit > Free Transform. Hold down shift, and make the sphere smaller, to be a good size for the ring.

atom11.jpg

11) Select the ring layer, then hold down shift and click on the sphere layer. This should make a selection around the sphere on the graphic. With the eraser, erase the unneeded portion of the ring.

atom12.jpg

12) Make sure you are on the ring layer. Now go to Window > Style and select the blue style such as the one below:

atom13.jpg

13) You can now customize the color of the sphere to whichever you like. Make sure you are on the sphere layer. You can make it a gray/black sphere or make it match the rings. Go to Image > Adjustment > Hue and Satuaration. Check the "colorize" box then move the sliders to match the colors of the ring or to your liking.

atom14.jpg

14) Now, to make multiple rings. Make 3 duplicates of the ring layer. On each layer of each ring, go to Edit > Free transform and rotate the rings to your liking. Do this for each ring layer.

15) Now hold down CTRL and click on the sphere layer. Select each ring layer at a time and erase the edge that touches the sphere. Do this for each ring layer. For the rings that are touching another ring, leave that alone OR move the layer down. If you decide to NOT move it, I will tell you how to deal with those in the next step.

atom15.jpg

16) If you paid attention to your rings, unlike me, you can just move the layer under it. :D But, if for some reason you don't want to move the layer, read on. If you have a ring that is touching another ring on the edge, select that layer that you're going to be erasing. Hold down the CRTL key and click on the layer it is touch (not the one you're going to be erasing). Example below:

atom16.jpg

17) Now for the smaller spheres! Duplicate the big sphere once. Go to Edit > Free Transform and make it smaller. Then duplicate this small sphere 3 times. Move the spheres onto the ring you want them on. On the layer palette, move them up and down, wherever, so no small sphere would overlap a ring that it's suppose to be under.

atom17.jpg

18) Using the eraser tool and selecting the right brush, erase the edge of each small sphere. Example below.

atom18.jpg

19) Select your burn tool and the correct brush. On each small sphere, burn from the part you erased to about the middle of the sphere. Example below.

atom19.jpg

I stopped there because it looks okay. :D It should come out looking like this:

atom20.jpg

The author of the original tutorial told us to merge the small spheres together and the rings together, but I didn't do that because you might have wanted to go back and fix something of each ring and also, the small spheres would then either be under all the rings or over all the rings. I didn't want to do that. So, in this tutorial, I did what I did for reasons. :D

This took me about 3-4 hours, but that's because I was screen capping everything along the way. I also messed up a few times and had to start back from scratch again. :D I'm not sure how long it would take you but if you're having a rough time, I saved the psd file if you'd like to use it.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MMWIV4Q3

You can change the colors, the size, or whichever you'd like. Good luck on your project!

---------------------

If you have any questions or comments, post them here or PM me. If you need one-on-one help (on this or anything else), PM me and I'll set something up. Have fun!!

Guest bitememonster

A quicky question.

What's the pixels for the size of a blank computer paper? :D

someone please answer this quicky very quickly!

<3ah bao

Guest bohemianheart.

hm..i have a question...how do you make two different colors? like this one:

teddybear9zo.jpg

credit to: Jenny*

like around the teddy bear and stuff. i seems like two different colors. like maybe blending in two colors together. please help me!! T_T

Guest bitememonster

Nevermind about my question. :) Dearest Noel helped me out on that one.

innocentlove Uhh, I suggest gradients. Hold click on the fill bucket tool then click on the gradient tool. Then just pick two colors for your gradient. Then, just click once on anywhere on the poster and make a line(whichever kind). You'll only see the colors you chose after you made a line. Then just mess around with the blending modes and opacity.

<3ah bao

^Yups thats what i do.

but if i put it on soft light it'll make some parts like not so its smooth looking.

i hate it & it just ruins my graphic.

some parts of the graphic would be smooth looking than, some of the graphic is not smooth. HELP!

Guest bitememonster

Uhm, Could you provide us an example of what you're talking about? Because when I use gradients, they end up having a smooth complexion for me. I don't use soft light much. I mostly use screen and lower the opacity. You could use other blend modes. Scroll through all the blend modes and try them all out. Then pick the ones that appeal to you more and compare them.

<3ah bao

Guest jasonyc

i can make gifs, but i want to learn how to make gifs with a design.

such as the one below:

th_fe2f1f91.gif

the only gifs that i have been able to make are simple ones without any photoshop designs.

example:

hyd.gif

ogurishun.gif

and my latest:

n6okut.gif

What part of the 'design' making are you having trouble with?

In the example you provided, all it is is an image with a cutout on the top layer of the animation.

^^

hmm.. well thats exactly it.

how can i add the top layer to my gif? so i can have the animation under..

i dunno how to explain this.. :|

Uhh... It seems kind of simple. Just have a layer with that 'design' and then when you're making the GIF, on each slide select the screencap frame AND the design frame. So in other words, instead of having just the one layer visible in each frame, you'll have two...

Archived