Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest sayuri43

HI! I just wanted to thank everyone so much for these tutorials! :D I'm a newbie to photoshop and these were REALLY helpful :] so THANK YOU!!

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anyone know how to make the certain pattern for this border??

battlechanda021ot.jpg

Credits Akemi

uhm :mellow: about the border thingy from akemi's poster.. jasonyc, you said single pixel stroke and dissolve and then lower opacity..well, i did that and it didn't work =__=^

do i have to like, merge all layers first then duplicate the layer THEN use the stroke? and what's the stroke's location? (inside, center, or outside)

wahhh i am soo stupid please help me!! TT^TT

<3ah bao

i've made this.... not sure if there's any spelling mistakes..XD

but you can always ask =)

hope it helps!

shg_tut.jpg

and how do you make icons like this

msicon007a3pz0av.jpgdolce3mq.jpgdolce22bv.jpgdolce37mc.jpg

Do you guys know what I mean. THEY look diffretn from most grapics like IDK how to explain it

Credits:amber@shcj and Dolce

i think the 2nd icon (the blue one) is basicly a light blue gradient set to lighten =)

and the others... you mean the coloring effect?

otherwise, they made use of a lot of different brushes, border brushes to be excat, mainly.

(will post some more if i got any ideas...)

EDIT

for the blue one.. maybe it's set to "screen".... sorry if i didn't help much!

ive tried on my own but i cant get my own image to look like this. http://images.cbimg6.com/xanga/34/8431.jpg

can anyone help me on how to do this.. (obviously its for my xanga skin)

thanks so much :blush:

it's the brushes you're talking about? those are whirly, decorative brushes. kind of easy to get online, almsot every brush site got something like that.

what i think is:

filled the background with pink (obviously...)

decorate it with the brushes

and cut the picture (the rabbit in this case) put it on the top of the brush layer

line tool for the blog.

*the 'links' are there, you'll have to know image map to code that.

so simply type the location with the Type tool.*

the instructions might not be very clear... so.. ask or let jasonyc answers you. hehe

Guest jasonyc

ive tried on my own but i cant get my own image to look like this. http://images.cbimg6.com/xanga/34/8431.jpg

can anyone help me on how to do this.. (obviously its for my xanga skin)

thanks so much :blush:

There's a lot going on in that image.

Can you be more specific about what you're having trouble with?

ie: 'I can't make the outline on the rabbit.' 'I can't make the swirls.' 'I can't stop eating Sour Apple Mentos.'

Guest bitememonster

=____=^ wtf?! haha hmm i have something i need help with, too. i hope i am as specific as i can be haha.

infect3ag.png

credits:CHOON

what did CHOON do to obtain the ....poster like that? like how did she blend in the girl? =____=^ (i suck at blending) i mean, how did she get the background stuff out of the girl's pic? original <-if that helps ^_^

oh and....

bae9qe.png

credits:Yumi_x_Kaoru

same thing here =___=^ how the hell do you blend soo damn nicely like that!?!?

:D please please help me out here! haha

<3ah bao

c iZzLe gO zZz I reckon that when you make dark graphics, it's easiest to blend like that :) I used that picture to do a quick something myself. What I did was add a new layer, fill it with a dark (and i mean dark) blue then fool around with the blending modes. I like Overlay of Soft Light. You should notice that her hair has become darker. Make another layer, put it underneath the girl layer and fill this one with black (I can't really explain the reason for this, but you'll probably find out when you do it :P) Then just blend as usual. I used the eraser tool to erase the white parts away and that's basically it.

untitled24tl.jpg

Hah, hope that helped.

^ You can go to Control Panel... But since my control panel doesn't really work, i can't teach you that way. I go My Computer > C: > Windows > Fonts. Copy and paste your font file into that folder.

Guest bitememonster

okay... jeNn.* ..i dont think it's working for me. i cant accomplish that black thingy on the bottom and on the top of the girl's pic!! and what i want to do is to get the background stuff OUT! like what CHOON did in her poster.

<3ah bao

okay... jeNn.* ..i dont think it's working for me. i cant accomplish that black thingy on the bottom and on the top of the girl's pic!! and what i want to do is to get the background stuff OUT! like what CHOON did in her poster.

<3ah bao

Hmm.. Okay how is it not working for you? I went through what I said and it worked for me :blink: Try playing around with the settings... IF NOT. Just grab your brush, select an appropriate size, colour black, hardness 0% and colour in her hair and the area around her (excluding her face). For the more difficult areas (like the seperate strands of hair) try making a new layer setting it to Overlay and then painting over it.

This is what I got after doing all that:

untitled10en.jpg

If you still can't get it then... :sweatingbullets: no idea.

Archived