Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest JustOne

i was wondering how people make their graphics like this? like the glowy/messy effects? people kept telling me to mess around with the filters, but i still dont get how they make them. do you have to have a certain kind of brush and then do all these filters to it? can you name a few filters/steps?

CREDITS_ iMkUe (sorry...had to use your pic as an example)

EXCAPE-ROUND2.jpg

i believe that the effect is made from a brush (correct me if im wrong)..if you want those brush i can give it to you

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Unknowable_

i would just wondering how would do you this:

Se7enShrink.jpg

DBSKShrink.jpg

credits to hanaxkim

i remember someone showing how to do this but it doesn't so much details at all but i was wonder how to do it with showing details like this

Guest sixth.

i would just wondering how would do you this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Unk...Se7enShrink.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v610/Unk.../DBSKShrink.jpg

credits to hanaxkim

i remember someone showing how to do this but it doesn't so much details at all but i was wonder how to do it with showing details like this

Okay I'm not going to be able to show details.

i THINK the person did it by adding a threshold layer (Layer > New Adjusment Layer > Threshold). But I also have a filter that would do basically the same thing.

Guest jasonyc

ahhh sorry this thread is just too helpful. i was wondering how do you make things like this (its consider a vector right?)

tuyet004a4kn.png

The reference 'term' used to describe the type of image such as the one above is often mistakenly called 'vector'. The term 'vector' relates to an image that's made within a vector based application like Adobe's Illustrator. Vector graphics are ones that use specific mathematical algorithyms (boring stuff too hard to explain) that enable objects within that image to be resized (up or down) without losing any detail or quality level. But once that image is exported as a JPG/BMP/GIF/Etc, it loses that quality and becomes a 'raster' image.

I know I'm being way too techinical, but truth be told, the above image is not a 'vector' per se.

It's sometimes referred to as 'vexor' which is a term describing the style, not the type of image.

In order to achieve this effect, I would most likely use the pen tool (followed by custom brush strokes) in Photoshop for the elements of hair and face, and a simple eliptical shape or marquee tool for the circles.

But like anything in Photoshop (I say this all the time like it's written in some kind of bible), there are always a hundred different ways to do one thing.

The trick is to find the method you're comfortable with.

I'm a bit intoxicated, so at the risk of ending this too abruptly without any specific explanation, happy new year, and let me/us know if you need any further assistance.

Guest Karinojjang~*

and how to make the colors of the pic that wanna work to be vector can be like this example?

thongGirl.gif

credit to some web sorry i don't know , i search it from google ><

Guest dendrobium.

Can someone help me out?

when i save gifs. they dont come out good at all its all messed up. HELP!

i don't know about this...bur maybe..when you saved..there is a pop-up and you see the amount things....maybe you should set it till 75 % or more...

as i said...i'm not sure.. :blush:

Guest sixth.

Can someone help me out?

when i save gifs. they dont come out good at all its all messed up. HELP!

How "messed up" is it? It could be to do with your optimisation settings. There was a post about it somewhere in this thread

Guest dearpaperheart.

um.. can you change the brushes to make it sompatiable with a version another version of photoshop.

ex.if the brushes are meant for photoshop 8 can it be changed so it can be used in photoshop7?

thanks

Guest dearpaperheart.

It's your choice if you want to use paintshop/animationshop or if youwant to use photoshop/imageready.

:)

Here's snapshot for Imageready:

ani05.gif

Here's the snapshot for animationshop:

animationshop.jpg

Which one do you think you'd like more? Which one you think you'd be more comfy with.

My opinions:

Imageready is best to make animations like these:

gifs02.gif

While animationshop is best for these:

text09.gif

aim02.gif

can someone make a tutorial for how to do all the things above in animationshop 3 please and thank yous <33

Guest Unknowable_

Okay I'm not going to be able to show details.

i THINK the person did it by adding a threshold layer (Layer > New Adjusment Layer > Threshold). But I also have a filter that would do basically the same thing.

oh thank you so much jeNn* that helps a bunch ^-^

Guest Muddie Murda

^ Did your problem get solved? if not, tell me what program you're using and I'll try to give you the setting.

Guest Justalilodreamer

okay another question (yes im trying to improve LOL)

Credits to- CHOON

round65eq.png

How do you make your pictures like that? like the colors (its bluish but kind of pale)? cause the original picture is different... is it some kind of filter?

Guest alicee

^ I usually make a new layer and fill it with the color you want and switch the mode to softlight (or screen) and change the opacity.

Guest sixth.

Credits to- CHOON

http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/5497/round65eq.png

How do you make your pictures like that? like the colors (its bluish but kind of pale)? cause the original picture is different... is it some kind of filter?

What alicee said should work.... But just fool around with the different layer settings and you're bound to find one that works :)

Guest jasonyc

Credits to- CHOON

round65eq.png

The method depends heavily on what the original image looks like.

Guest jasonyc

um.. can you change the brushes to make it sompatiable with a version another version of photoshop.

ex.if the brushes are meant for photoshop 8 can it be changed so it can be used in photoshop7?

thanks

As far as I know, older version custom brushes will work with newer versions of Photoshop, but not the other way around. (Brushes made in CS/CS2 will work in Photoshop Elements 3 but not Photoshop 7 or Photoshop Elements 2. Brushes made in Photoshop 7 will work in Photoshop CS/CS2 and Photoshop Elements 3)

If the creator of the brush provided you with a sample image of the brush in the download package (they do that sometimes), you can 're-create' the brush in your version of Photoshop.

If you need a tutorial on making Custom Brushes, we'll be glad to post one here.

Archived