Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

When I apply a lense flare to an image and want to only radial blur the flare and not mess with the picture, do I have to make a new layer? 'cause I can't seem to apply a lense flare to an empty layer =X

tiffanyog9.gif

i was wondring how do you the grey colour blended in to black kinda of stuff,,,[its on the background of teh banner]

just wondering if its a gredient or.....

thank you if anyone can answer me ^^

That's the gradient tool. Just right

click on paint bucket and there's the

selection there and it's pretty simple

how to use so I won't bother

explaining lol.

And if you're wondering about that

pattern under the white gradient, it's

just diagonal scan lines which you

can learn with Tutorial 4 on the first

post on this thread.

Vanilla <3

Unless someone here is psychic, you won't get an answer until you get more specific.

Question: When I apply a lense flare to an image and want to only radial blur the flare and not mess with the picture, do I have to make a new layer? 'cause I can't seem to apply a lense flare to an empty layer =X

I found this link: Creating Clouds with Transparency. It supposedly works with Lens Flares as well, but I haven't tried. In summary, do your lens flare on a different layer that has a black background (or colored), and then create an alpha mask. (The link will explain what I just said.)

Guest lost_s0ul09

uhh do you know how to make a website skin using photoshop CS2 with navigations.. etc.

i tried it before but the result is just like a wallpaper.. Y^Y

i hope you understand what a said.. ^_^'

^I think for you that's more of a web development question than a photoshopping question. You can design layouts in PS, but you definitely can't code for a site in PS. The reason why your layout ended up like a wallpaper is because well...PS is just for dealing with images. That's all. Google some tutorials on web design, you'd probably find a lot more that way.

http://-/view.php?pic=6c3fx5h&s=1

can someone please take off the yellow numbers?

:D thanks.

& don't laugh at the pictureee (:

.... this is a tutorial and tutorial request thread, not a 'can you fix this for me' thread

uhh do you know how to make a website skin using photoshop CS2 with navigations.. etc.

i tried it before but the result is just like a wallpaper.. Y^Y

i hope you understand what a said.. ^_^'

for websites and stuff photoshop isnt the best program to use. something like Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 or Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium is better (i think)

kathy.

^ Thanks Tailo! ^^ That's so cool! Kinda confusing at first, but cool! I'll try it right now ;D

Also try this method.

Create a new layer.

Fill it with black.

Run the Lens Flair filter.

Set the Blending mode to 'Screen'.

Make sure your background isn't entirely pure white, or you won't see the effect.

Guest lost_s0ul09

for websites and stuff photoshop isnt the best program to use. something like Adobe Dreamweaver CS3 or Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium is better (i think)

kathy.

thank you very much! this really help =)

Guest mr. lovely
And for the last time...The funky, colorful, swooping, blurs of light you see so much of these days is not called 'Filtering'.

Filters are TOOLS. In photography, the photographer puts on an orange tinted 'filter' on the end of his lens to make the scene warmer.

The PHOTO is the end product. Not the filter. You wouldn't look at that photo in a gallery and think 'Hey. Nice filtering.'

Same thing here.

I've seen them referred to as 'abstract swirls (my favorite), light blurs, etc. Soompi is the first time I've seen it called 'filtering'. And amazingly, and perhaps unfortunately, the name seems to have stuck.

Makes me wanna throw my wiimote at someone.

I couldn't agree more. When I first came to Soompi, it never occurred to me that lines could be labeled by a menu in Photoshop O_O;

How do you do something like this?

http://imagesource.allposters.com/images/p...ind-Posters.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/xea.../untitled-2.jpg

I really hope this hasn't been asked. Sorry if it has been

I tried to mimic what you posted, and I got this:

holeintheskyas6.jpg

I made a new layer over my image, took a default Photoshop brush (a rough one, not one of those hard-edge circle ones) and drew something that looked like a jagged hole.

Then I went to blending options > inner shadow and tweaked the settings. But you can basically leave the settings to default, it wouldn't look much different.

Under that layer, I made a new layer and took the same brush and drew a slightly bigger hole.

And that's about it aha. It's not very genuine-looking, but it's the same concept.

Apologies if I don't make much sense @__@ (It's 1 AM rofl). If you want a more detailed tutorial, tell me and I'll write one for you ^^

Guest ayadaokin
The easy way.

here is some girl's picture i found on the net somewhere. dont worry if it's yours, i didn't show you face =)

%7Boption%7Dhttp://m1.freeshare.us/126fs280368.jpg

very sloppy. i know. but i hope it helps =]

hey this was the tut on how to make eyelashes, but the img doesn't work anymore..

could someone remake a tut or something? thanks in advaaance! :]

Archived