Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how did this kid make this ?!?! :sweatingbullets: hihi can someone help me? lol it just looks so cool..

minhwangif.gif

(i mean the gif inside the gif) lol does that make sense

The issue with this method is that if you decide to change the text (font/size/wording/etc), you're forced to create the second stroke again, which can be time consuming.

If you start with the stroke (as you have) and add a drop shadow with 0 distance, full spread at 100% opacity, you can use the 'size' slider to adjust the thickness of your outer stroke.

If you decide to change the outer stroke's color, be sure to set the blending mode to 'normal'.

Keeping everything in the layer styles allows the text to be fully edited without losing any of the effects.

You can then save that layer style as one of your own, and apply it to any text or layer with a single click.

Rock on.

You know what, you're so right. I was actually fooling around with the other Layer Styles after I made the tutorial and found that out. Thanks for pointing it out, though. It just goes to show there's more than one way to do things in PS.

[EDIT] I just appended my previous tutorial to include what you just described above (credit included).

Guest espèce*

how did this kid make this ?!?! :sweatingbullets: hihi can someone help me? lol it just looks so cool..

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/533.../minhwangif.gif

I suck at making gif. but I can tell (quite sure about this) that it's not the type you called "the gif inside the gif".

Because if you look carefully..you will actually see that the guy inside isn't moving...it's actually the eye itself that's moving.

So I think the creator blended the guy pic into the eye and made a gif out of it.

- apoptos dolor

I'm making a tutorial on that this very second. I'll edit and post it within the hour.

[EDIT] I lied, it took longer than an hour to put together. But I promise, the double border takes less than 5 minutes to do.

[EDIT #2: 2007.08.24] Jason, below, just pointed out a better way to do this, so I appended my first tutorial to depict what he just described. The first method can be seen below by clicking the thumbnail (it covers a double-stroke method rather than a stroke+drop shadow method.)

Stroke + Drop Shadow method:

tutorial003doublebordergi9.png

Double Stroke method:

tutorial003doubleborderes4.th.png

wow. so detailed. :D

thankyou very much! (: i reallyyyy appreciate it! ^^

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p91/533.../minhwangif.gif

As espèce* mentioned above, it's not a GIF within a GIF. However, when making a GIF, it is usually frame-by-frame. Whoever made it had to have placed the person's face in each frame (using PS). If it were a moving GIF inside the blinking eye, the process would be the same. Each frame for the inner GIF would be intertwined with each frame from the outer GIF. And even then, a GIF within a GIF is still just one big GIF.

There should be at least one or two tutorials in the indexes that refer to making simple animated GIFs.

Guest lucky*13

I have a question about the blinkie tutorial made by Muddie Murda.

This is the result I got for the tutorial.

LJK-1.gif

Lee Junki Blinkie made by me.

I didn't get how to make the color of the letters slide by using CS2

Can someone do a tutorial on this? Or at lease give a few tips?

Please and thanks!

(:

--Christy. (:

Edit--

One more question.

I put in font size 3, and when I put font size 8, it turns super big.

How do I get it back to normal?

Guest Muddie Murda
I have a question. Is there any way to unblur a picture? Suppose the picture is blurry because someone moved the camera while taking the picture, can unblurring the picture be done with photoshop? If so, can anyone please show me. Thank you!

Hmmm...there IS a way, but you have to be REALLY skilled and very very imaginative.

How to do it? You draw everything from scratch using your blurry picture as a guide. Hahahaha Which is not very easy...at all...

So if you can't do THAT, then there really isn't any other way to unblur a picture...in other ways, it's impossible??

Can someone make a tutorial on how to make these type of cute little icon/animations? *sorry, i dont know what they are called XD

CREDITS: www.scribbleland.net ^_^ i love this site..heheh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/hpf...ite/Toybox2.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v149/hpf...te/Toybox24.gif

They're called pixels! :D I'm more of a painter than a drawer, so I can't really make those.

You make them by painting it dot by dot...zooming in closely and then dot dot away!

I'm really blind and can't really "see" 2d/3d...like as in, shading. I can't shade for crap.

There's one soompier who does pixeling that I know of. bloo used to do it, but I haven't kept up w/ many people in the art section. Don't know if they still do it. bloo had a tutorial on it. If it's not in the index, it probably got deleted when soompi crashed.

You surely can google it though. Search for "Pixel tutorial"

Here's one:

http://www.purpletoad.net/advanced_pixel_tutorial.html

Thanks for letting me know that. The index has been changed accordingly.

And I know there are many questions that aren't in the indexes/indices, but that's because the answers aren't exactly tutorials. I think we should probably create a FAQ here somewhere in the near future, but I'm a little lazy right now. Maybe later.

Umm...FAQ is in the process. .1% done. Haha :D Umm...yeah I'm working on it...been working on it for a long while now. We're being lazy together. :(

minhwangif.gif

As stated before, you can PS a picture into the eye in each frame. Or you can erase a little spot in each eye frame, and then put the picture at the very bottom of the layers. Ummmm...if I was to do it, I could, but it is too hard to explain...too confusing...

I have a question about the blinkie tutorial made by Muddie Murda.

This is the result I got for the tutorial.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x83/donghaeyah/LJK-1.gif

Lee Junki Blinkie made by me.

I didn't get how to make the color of the letters slide by using CS2

Can someone do a tutorial on this? Or at lease give a few tips?

Please and thanks!

(:

--Christy. (:

Edit--

One more question.

I put in font size 3, and when I put font size 8, it turns super big.

How do I get it back to normal?

:D Wow, that looks awesome! Velly good job! But what did you mean by sliding letters?

Like making the letters um...move?? Well, you can move them in each frame...which makes it move when animated. If that's what you mean?

And as for the font size question, I believe you have to change the resolution. Ummm...

like file > new > and then umm in the resolution, type in 72? Well, I do that, and it works better. Or if you don't know what to do, just shut down PS and open again. haha ^_^ Solution to everything.

Please don't kill me for asking this if it's already been posted. **covers herself**

I was wondering whether someone could give me a website or teach me how to make blinkies? I checked in the blinkie tutorial but I don't have the program requirements to make it the way the other person did. So I wanted a tutorial for making blinkies in Photoshop/Imageready. Maybe movie avatars as well? But I'm still more focused on blinkies. I'm currently using Photoshop CS2.

Guest lucky*13

same problem...

grappaerrorfh4.jpg

Did someone already answer this question?

Well, when that happens to me, I right click and go to Show picture, that's how you get it to show instead of having that x in the box.

I was wondering whether someone could give me a website or teach me how to make blinkies? I checked in the blinkie tutorial but I don't have the program requirements to make it the way the other person did. So I wanted a tutorial for making blinkies in Photoshop/Imageready. Maybe movie avatars as well? But I'm still more focused on blinkies. I'm currently using Photoshop CS2.

Ditto. I don't have Muddie Murda's program.

But I manage to do it w/ CS2 too.

Evidence:

LJK-1.gif

For her cut out it's using the Lasso tool. I used the Elliptical Marquee tool to make the circle.

Lasso was just too hard. The instructions that are listed, CS2 has them.

Except for the Animation properties. That's all I know.

I hope that helped.

:D Wow, that looks awesome! Velly good job! But what did you mean by sliding letters?

Like making the letters um...move?? Well, you can move them in each frame...which makes it move when animated. If that's what you mean?

And as for the font size question, I believe you have to change the resolution. Ummm...

like file > new > and then umm in the resolution, type in 72? Well, I do that, and it works better. Or if you don't know what to do, just shut down PS and open again. haha ^_^ Solution to everything.

For Sliding letters, that's what I meant.

I didn't know how to interpret this in PS term.

I learned to do it before, but I forgot how.

This is what I learned before:

You put the color on the bottom and make it as the first frame, then you move it to the other side and create the last frame.

Then you select something in between to make it move by.

Can you do a tut for my question using CS2?

If you can't, it's okay. (:

--Christy. (:

I suck at making gif. but I can tell (quite sure about this) that it's not the type you called "the gif inside the gif".

Because if you look carefully..you will actually see that the guy inside isn't moving...it's actually the eye itself that's moving.

So I think the creator blended the guy pic into the eye and made a gif out of it.

- apoptos dolor

As espèce* mentioned above, it's not a GIF within a GIF. However, when making a GIF, it is usually frame-by-frame. Whoever made it had to have placed the person's face in each frame (using PS). If it were a moving GIF inside the blinking eye, the process would be the same. Each frame for the inner GIF would be intertwined with each frame from the outer GIF. And even then, a GIF within a GIF is still just one big GIF.

There should be at least one or two tutorials in the indexes that refer to making simple animated GIFs.

oh loool k thanks :sweatingbullets:

Guest Honey_Babee

jjsd-1.jpg

^ Jae;Neul's signature.

ive beenw ondering since forever how to do that dotted effect, i can never figure it out, sinceits curved=(

someone help me?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b31/Hermi0ne/jjsd-1.jpg

^ Jae;Neul's signature.

ive beenw ondering since forever how to do that dotted effect, i can never figure it out, sinceits curved=(

someone help me?

Hehe, I made that for her.

Anyway, you can look at this tut here that Tailo made:

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?sho...t&p=6297973

it really helped me :) to make the curved effect, I used the pen tool to make the curved and stroked it with the brush I made (for the dashed lines).

x-Adorkable-x most of those come from programs

those cam programs~ but they are very easy to make

on PS just make it yourself ^^ that's what I do since I'm to

lazy to go download the webcam software.

anyone how to get rid of the light white words

those are usually the credit but it blocks

the entire image >.<

4qn6s14fl5.jpg

-Rebecca

Archived