Photoshop Tutorials And Requests

Guest jasonyc

Guest bwitched

actually that's just merging the layers, and if you wanted to merge all your layers you'd do Ctrl + Shift + E. To flatten an image you'll have to go to the layers --> flatten layers. There's no keyboard shortcut for that :(

and yeah, i tried to use both. But I don't see the difference in effects. Any explanation?

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest espèce*

and yeah, i tried to use both. But I don't see the difference in effects. Any explanation?

The only difference (some more but we focus on the most obvious thing here) I see is that a flatten image ...hm how can I explain this?!

When you right click a merged image you can still go to the blending option and do some stuff there,

while a flatten (becomes a background image) can't open the blending option thing when you right lick on it.

Try and you'll see.

- apoptos dolor

yeah, I am curious how you do this too.. where the background is blurred and the main focus is on the foreground?? please let us know!

usually you need a picture which is sharp and focused in the foreground, and make a dramatic blur out in the back. just use the select too and blur out the background selection.

i have a simple question... how do you turn a color image into SEPIA on photoshop?

you can find it here: the fruit cake tutorial. instead of selecting certain parts, just change the entire image into a sephia color.

http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=488618

Guest Muddie Murda
hey~ thanks but...

while I save in imageready... as GIF file.

it just... saves and nothing pops up for me...

gif29.gif

See the box on the right? You reduce the colors and stuff there before you save. :D

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b282/the...ople/chris2.jpg

Creds: Muddie Murda.

How do I make the background like that?

I know its blurred, but how did you do it to make it look like its taken professionally? (esp the hair part) :s

AND AND AND! i did exactly what Muddie said to do (for making GIFS) and IMageready won't let me open my video.

It said its an unknown file format. WHYY?!

I changed it to an AVI. Is a Video File and AVI?!

*dies**

yeah, I am curious how you do this too.. where the background is blurred and the main focus is on the foreground?? please let us know!

Errr, I just blurrrrr hahahahaha. And around the edges...zoooooom?

Yeah, I'm terrible at explaining o_O

As for the AVI...the problem is probably because you don't have quicktime I believe. That had solved the problem for many when they installed in quicktime.

Here's another something I messed with just a minute ago, blurring the background and what not....

Before:

lucee.jpg

After:

lucee2.jpg

Guest espèce*
how can you get this effect? i mean the texture part...with all the gradients (are they gradients? the red+yellow lighting or might they be textures?) combined into one and spread out...you know.

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/1128/na...shinhwa2lg4.jpg

c: naxareth

I guess, like you said, some kind of textures but maybe a little grunge feel in it.

Then playing with the blending options and some coloring can help.

- apoptos dolor

Guest love<3changmin

hi im new to this thread!

i find it soooo helpful! thanks to all who contributed the tuts ^^

can i ask how do they make the coloured glowing circles in this graphic

jjvacationscenecopycopydq4.jpg

i tried putting the normal round brush n chg the opacity n radial blur it but still it doesnt have this kind of circle..

can some1 tell me the correct way? much thanks! (;

graphic made by: sweetsweets2

//resource credits to: gender, ewanism, colorfilter, 77words @ LJ

Guest espèce*
hi im new to this thread!

i find it soooo helpful! thanks to all who contributed the tuts ^^

can i ask how do they make the coloured glowing circles in this graphic

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/2281/jj...copycopydq4.jpg

i tried putting the normal round brush n chg the opacity n radial blur it but still it doesnt have this kind of circle..

can some1 tell me the correct way? much thanks! (;

graphic made by: sweetsweets2

//resource credits to: gender, ewanism, colorfilter, 77words @ LJ

I believe the creator used light textures, yes light textures with those circles.

The way you tried it, maybe try changing blending options too - lighten/screen.

But it will give another effect though...it's cool too.

- apoptos dolor

Guest missjoy
Errr, I just blurrrrr hahahahaha. And around the edges...zoooooom?

Yeah, I'm terrible at explaining o_O

Before:

lucee.jpg

After:

lucee2.jpg

muddlie can you explain a little be more the steps you too to get that blurred background?? Did you use the blur tool on the tool box on the left hand side??

Guest Muddie Murda

Haha I think it's hard for me to explain....let me do like...a video tutorial so you guys will sorta see how I get around eh?

I'll make one once I get into the mood of photoshopping again. (It comes and goes.)

i have a simple question... how do you turn a color image into SEPIA on photoshop?

1. Open up your image

2. Create a new layer, CTRL + J and fill layer with 18293B or something darker or light (depends on image)

3. Set layer to Exclusion.

The color should be some what like sepia, play around with colors and you'll get what you want~

Example:

Original

deanfujioka2pp8.jpg

After

deanfujioka2bo4.jpg

--Kathy

Guest despondent

Wow Muddie, that picture looks so really cool. I hope you can make a tutorial of how to blur the background like that, and get it like that too, the colors and clearness, I'm wondering that too. ^_^

Guest cookiemonster1430262540

Can someone help me on this one?

adobexp3.jpg

Gaaahh.. I hate my PS tsk tsk I'm not able to work with words strikethrough! <_<

Guest espèce*
Can someone help me on this one?

http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/3218/adobexp3.jpg

Gaaahh.. I hate my PS tsk tsk I'm not able to work with words strikethrough! <_<

You mean you want the same effect or? :ph34r:

Nothing is wrong with your PS.

http://i18.-/2ibyxdc.jpg

You've not been specific with what you want help it so I'll explain it all.

If you've somehow make it strikethrough, and want to remove the strikethrough thing, do the same step.

If you open the document with text like that already, then you can do anything about it. Unless it's a psd. document.

- apoptos dolor

Archived