Miley Cyrus Smokes Joint, Debuts New Single at Adult Swim’s Upfront Party

sugarplum892

Miley Cyrus Smokes Joint, Debuts New Single at Adult Swim’s Upfront Party

Miley Cyrus headlined Adult Swim’s annual upfront party Wednesday night in New York City.

The superstar, known for her eclectic style and performances and no stranger to headline-making antics, pulled out a joint early in her set at Terminal 5 in Manhattan.

“Where’s my joint?” Cyrus asked, after completing her first upbeat song. “I’ll grab a lighter.”

The music phenomenon who rose to worldwide fame on Disney Channel’s “Hannah Montana” and has become a multiplatinum-selling artist, addressed the audience: “Are you guys drunk yet? Are you guys high yet?” she asked from the stage, which was complete with psychedelic decor and costume. “No?! You’re gonna be at a show where I’m dressed as a f–king butterfly and not be high? I’m down to share.”

Then, she took a puff, and passed her blunt into the crowd filled with ad-buyer types. “You better pass that back.”

Displaying her impressive pipes (literally and figuratively), the multitalented star sang Johnny Cash and Led Zeppelin, hitting every note perfectly.

“When I think of Adult Swim, I think of country music and drugs,” Cyrus said.

“I partied a little too hard last night. That’s what inspired this glitter under my eyes,” she said. Cyrus was wearing glittered leggings, butterfly wings, a cape and her signature nipple pasties on stage. Despite her wild style, Cyrus impressed the crowd, not only with her wide-ranging talent, but also by throwing in a plug for her foundation.

“You have on some suits and ties and s–t, so my guess is you guys have some money, but there are some people in this world who don’t have money,” she said during her set, admitting that she forgot to wear underwear, clearly apparent through her sheer leggings, but pointed out that some people are struggling to afford clean undergarments. “That’s what I’m doing with my foundation Happy Hippie… We are changing the world. We’re in the process of it right now… There is a real world out there, and some people need our help,” she added, joking that the world isn’t always rainbows and butterflies, giving a nod to her colorful set of vibrant balloons and unique get-up.

Cyrus even debuted her new single from her next yet-to-be-announced album, which she called “Tiger Dreams.”

The party, known for bringing huge acts like Outkast and Kanye West in the past, was a success for the cabler with a packed-house of twentysomething fans — who, you better bet, will report back with good memories to their bosses with a budget.

Source

Archived