2013 Pinocchio

2012 Beyond the One Day (JP)

2010 2AM SHOW

BstRvnTCAAA2gHT.jpg

Musical

2015 CHESS as Anatoly

2014 Priscilla

2013 Jesus Christ Superstar

Reminder : Discussion in this thread only for actor Jo Kwon. For his solo and group music activities please discuss on their thread. Thank you.

Guest adikkeluangman

SHINee Key, 2AM Jo Kwon, B1A4 CNU, and VIXX Ken’s Musical “Chess” Is Number 1 in Ticket Sales

The musical “Chess” featuring Shin Sung Woo, 2AM‘s Jo Kwon, SHINee‘s Key, B1A4‘s CNU, VIXX‘s Ken, Lee Gun Myung, and others opened sales for tickets on May 13 at 2 p.m. KST and became first place in ticket sales.

According to Showholic “Chess” beat out other musicals “Phantom,” “Death Note,” and “Chicago” for first place.

“Chess” is a musical with music by Benny Andersson and Björn Ulvaeus, formerly of ABBA, and with lyrics by Tim Rice. The story involves a Cold War-era chess tournament.

20150513003948_0_99_20150513174809.jpg

Jo Kwon and Key are continuing to establish themselves as musical actors with this role whereas it is the first musical for CNU and Ken. All four of them will take on the role of Russian chess champion Anatoly.

Shin Sung Woo and Lee Gun Myung will portray the American chess champion Freddie. Furthermore, musical actresses Ahn Shi Ha and Lee Jung Hwa will act as Florence.

Performances of the musical will start June 19 and end July 19.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/13/shinee-key-2am-jo-kwon-b1a4-cnu-and-vixx-kens-musical-chess-is-number-1-in-ticket-sales/

Guest adikkeluangman

2AM’s Jo Kwon and B1A4′s CNU Want to Break the​ Idol Mold Through New Musical “Chess”

jo-kwon-CNU-3-800x450.jpg

In the June issue of the magazine Singles, 2AM‘s Jo Kwon and B1A4‘s CNU are featured in a dark and haunting photo shoot and also answer questions about their upcoming musical “Chess.”

“Chess” is an internationally renowned musical that first premiered back in 1984. It is set during the Cold War, when a Soviet grandmaster chess player, Anatoly Sergievsky, challenges the current world chess champion, an American grandmaster named Freddie Trumper. The two end up fighting over a strong-willed woman, Florence Vassy, who is Freddie’s manager.

As with most Korean musicals, several actors will be alternating in each role.The role of Anatoly will be played by Jo Kwon, CNU, SHINee‘s Key, and VIXX‘s Ken. Freddie will be played by Shin Sung Woo and Lee Gun Myung. Actresses Ahn Shi Ha and Lee Jung Hwa will be taking the role of Florence.

jo-kwon-CNU-e1432326357226.jpg

In the interview with Singles, Jo Kwon and CNU were asked if they ever get competitive over the fact that they’re sharing the lead role.

“We don’t have the luxury of using up emotion on that kind of thing,” replies Jo Kwon. “We’re rehearsing all week for more than five or six hours. Right now the only thing I think about is ‘Chess.’”

jo-kwon-CNU-2.jpg

When asked about his goals as a musical actor and not an idol, musical rookie CNU replies, “First of all, I think I have to do a great job starting with my first work. My name means ‘trustworthy friend.’ I want to live up to my name so that people will go see my work because they trust me.”

“I’m the same,” answers Jo Kwon. “I always want to break the mold. I started doing musicals because I wanted to break away from my image as an idol. The first generation of idols-turned-musical-actors, like Ock Joo Hyun and JYP‘s Junsu, have a lot of box office power but they also get great reviews because of their talent. As someone in the second generation, I have even more ambition about musicals.”

Singles magazine also posted a photo on their Instagram of the two as they played chess behind the scenes on their shoot.

jo-kwon-CNU-4.jpg

The musical “Chess” will open in Seoul on June 19.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/05/22/2ams-jo-kwon-and-b1a4s-cnu-want-to-break-the-idol-mold-through-new-musical-chess/

Guest adikkeluangman

SISTAR, Jo Kwon, Ken, & CNU pose for 'High Cut' and talk abou​t dating & current relationship status

'High Cut' dropped pictures from its 150th issue on May 21, but if you haven't purchased yourself a copy yet, the magazine also uploaded pictures onto SNS and through media outlets for all to enjoy!  You can still ogle the attractive models that graced this issue, including SISTAR, Jo Kwon, B1A4's CNU, and VIXX's Ken.

The SISTAR members turned into complete beach babes for this shoot, showing off their fit bodies and voluminous curves.  The boys go for a bit more mellow, less fun yet still charming concept as they lounge in comfortable casual wear. 

Ken_1432679156_HighCut1.jpg

Regarding the girls' shoot, 'High Cut' said, "SISTAR, who say that they always enjoy water sports, enjoyed beach volleyball and surfing in Hawaii, where the sun beats down on them, for a fun and refreshing time."

The boys talked a lot in their interview portions with Jo Kwon talking about the fact that his name always gets mentioned in articles about Ga In's boyfriend, actor Joo Ji Hoon. He said, "Nothing concerns me.  Words like 'He's taller than Jo Kwon, he's superior' frustrate me.  Of course as a joke."  He had also confessed recently on TV that there was a 'some-girl' in his life.  He said, "I am 27 right now, and it makes no sense if I am still a solo.  Even in the past, I had somebody whom I was in a 'some' stage with.  Even now I have somebody whom I am meeting with good feelings."

Ken_1432679156_highcut2.jpg

In the meantime, B1A4's Baro had his first dating scandal with his co-star, Kim Yoo Jung, not too long ago.  Regarding this, CNU said, "Yoo Jung is a 17-year-old child, so I don't now what people were thinking.  She's a young student, so how could you view it like that? I was also watching the game through a live broadcast.  I thought, 'Oh they just went to watch soccer,' but the article came out as a dating rumor."

Meanwhile, Ken still was not involved in any scandal.  When asked if he was dating or not, he said, "Idols don't date," making everyone laugh.  He continued, "I learned how to act the part of someone in love through monitoring [others].  People tease, don't they, saying, 'Did you learn from books?'  It was really like that.  I dated before I debuted.  We broke up when I entered the company."

Ken_1432679156_highcut3.jpg

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/05/sistar-jo-kwon-ken-cnu-pose-for-high-cut-and-talk-about-dating-current-relationship-status

Guest adikkeluangman

Musical 'Chess' drops additional handsome cuts of Jo Kwon, Ke​y, CNU, and Ken

On May 29, musical 'Chess' released some additional hot photos of the actors playing Anatoly, 2AM's Jo Kwon, B1A4's CNU, SHINee's Key, and VIXX's Ken!

Ken_1432916900_chess.jpg

The four of them exude their own unique charms despite playing the same character, all pulling off the suit look with class.  The black-and-white coloring of the photos add to the mysterious and suave vibes the men give off.  

If you're in Korea, make sure you head to the big theater at the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts in Jongno-gu from June 19 to July 19!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/05/musical-chess-drops-additional-handsome-cuts-of-jo-kwon-key-cnu-and-ken

Guest adikkeluangman

Jo Kwon, Key, CNU, and Ken get dramatic in teasers for upcoming musical​ 'Chess'

Upcoming musical 'Chess' is not about your ordinary chess game. It's filled with betrayal, ambition, and very dramatic moments at least according to the newly released promotional videos!

CGuEgF6UkAAzbEr.jpg

The above video is the second official spot video, which teases us with glimpses of 2AM's Jo Kwon, SHINee's Key, B1A4's CNU, and VIXX's Ken, looking very determined and fine in suits!

Also check out the official MV to Ken's "Anthem" where he shows off his amazing vocals and the practice highlight video right down below!

The musical begins on June 19, so be sure to get a ticket to see your four favorite idols as a dramatic chess player!

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2015/06/jo-kwon-key-cnu-and-ken-get-dramatic-in-teasers-for-upcoming-musical-chess

Guest adikkeluangman

Jokwon Reveals He Received 8 Blo​od Transfusions Due to Anemia

2AM’s Jokwon recently gave an update on the condition of his body and health, as he had previously revealed that he is anemic.

On the June 6 broadcast of KBS’ “Entertainment Weekly,” Jokwon and Shin Sung Woo, who will both be starring in the music “Chess,” took part in an interview with the entertainment news program.

CG1mKrFUgAAN4JM.jpg

During the interview, Jokwon confessed that his health had deteriorated before practice sessions began for the musical.

He shared, “My body was a mess to the point of having to receive eight units of blood transfusions. I was really exhausted. But my health improved a lot after getting rest as I attended classes for school.”

When asked about his abs, Jokwon stated, “I’m currently preparing to bring out [my abs] in time for the summer.”

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/06/jokwon-reveals-he-received-8-blood-transfusions-due-to-anemia/

Guest adikkeluangman

Last weekend, #Jokwon had met the queen of 'Frozen' Idina Menzel with the connection of Musical 'Chess' :) 

Guest adikkeluangman

CHyglq2WIAAE7ub.jpg
VIXX′s Ken got together with his fellow male idol musical stars, SHINee′s Key, Jo Kwon, and more: "With the Hyungs after Act 1 lol. Finished the first showing of Musical ′Chess′! Thank you everyone who came to cheer me on :) Today was tough for everybody. Fighting until our last showing!! #MusicalChess #Chess #musical #chess #FirstShowing #JoKwon Hyung #Key #Keybum Hyung #Ken #Jaehwan Hyung #JinDaeWoong"

http://mwave.interest.me/enewsworld/en/article/94351/twitter-roundup

Guest adikkeluangman

miss A’s Jia and Fei Visit Jo Kwon at “Chess” Musical

2AM‘s Jo Kwon is currently starring in the musical “Chess,” and some members of the JYP family are coming out to support him!

On June 20, Jo Kwon posted a photo to his Instagram of himself backstage with two beauties from miss A – Jia and Fei!

CH-I8M-WoAA1QND.png

As the caption, he writes, “Jia! Fei noona! Thanks for coming to support me :-) The matinee went well-!”

“Chess” opened on June 19 in Seoul and will run until July 19. Jo Kwon is currently alternating the role of Anatoly with VIXX‘s Ken, B1A4‘s CNU, and SHINee‘s Key. Ken opened the show on June 19, but Jo Kwon took to the stage for both the matinee and evening show on Saturday, June 20.

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/20/miss-as-jia-and-fei-visit-jo-kwon-at-chess-musical/

Archived