Did Jung Yumi accept this already? If she did, I am all in and sealed for this project. Jung Yumi has always been fabulous, and I mean Jung Yumi of Maids. Dang, her chemistry with Oh Ji-ho in Maids. It is so out of this world, that my heart has been lost in space. Then, Shin Se-kyung? Aww, this is going to be lovely.

So stoked for this drama. Thank you guys for creating this thread. I am always reading the updates. Keep up the good work. Fighting, Six Flying Dragons. A great sageuk is what defines masterclass in Korean cultural drama.

welcome aboard, i think she did accept as she is supposed to be the love interest of Kim Myung Min & Byun Yo Han

loved her in maids

Edited by nevill
  • Like 2

Guest MaknaeC

Only one week away from this thread and seems like the one who manage this thread has changed ^^

Anyway, thank you everyone for all of your updates :)

HI @MaknaeC i m the new thread starter, but if you want to be the thread starter, its fine by me, i just wanted someone who can visit often and change and update if needed , so, im really fine if you would like to do it

No, it's okay. I don't think I can visit and update this thread as often as you. So, take your time :)

Hmm... am a little confused. From what I know, in Tree with Deep Roots, Jung Do Jeon's bodyguard who was in love with his wife, is Yi Bang Ji. Yet the kdramastars article has Byun Yo Han's character listed as Ddang Sae, though the character description sounds the same. Is there a name change? 

Also, has the official webpage for the drama been released? If so, may someone please share it? I didn't see it in the thread starter. Thank you!

• Like 5

@liddi i think you are right they had a mixup

Main Cast
Extended Cast

cr: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Six_Flying_Dragons

Also, has the official webpage for the drama been released? If so, may someone please share it? I didn't see it in the thread starter. Thank you!

do you mean SBS official page? it is my first time being a threadstarter ill be happy for any suggestions and advice, what do you mean official by whom?

thanx

• Like 5

@nevill Thank you for the clarification! It would have been highly unusual to change the name of a character which was already prominently showcased in Tree with Deep Roots without any good reason e.g. masking of identity ala Ddol Bok becoming Kang Chae Yoon in Tree. I am presuming this is not the case here...

Looking at the casting now, I guess the drama will have Moo Hyul first serving Taejong, and later tasked to serve Yi Do? Which then makes the scene in Tree where Moo Hyul held his sword to Taejong all the more incredible and powerful. Sigh.. is it September yet?

And yes, I was referring to the SBS official page. Is that already available?

• Like 5

@liddi i think theyre preparing a lot of conflicts ideological and physical and moving from one ideology  to another will also affect the other cast members

and for us as well which side do we belong to

about SBS OP havnt found it, only news articles, im not sure, but dont they mke an official page after they have a poster made?

please correct me if im wrong and any help is welcomed 

• Like 4

@nevill I don't know much about the sequence of what is released either.. hehe! No matter... am very happy with all the information that is being shared here now... and I'm sure once any detail is released, it will be made known here too :) Thank you all for your hard work!

This time round, I hope that they will have just as evocative a soundtrack as they did in Tree, and that the instrumental soundtrack will be released. One of my greatest regrets with its predecessor is that there was never an official instrumental soundtrack released, which is such a loss to those who loved the drama so much. And in keeping with my broken record syndrome... cameos from the unforgettable Tree cast, please!

• Like 4

And in keeping with my broken record syndrome... cameos from the unforgettable Tree cast, please!

i know, there were somany great actors but i really really want Yoon Je Moon

tree-with-deep-roots-ep-18-avi_003824691

he is actually my favorite character - Ga Rion come back

• Like 4

some trivial info

K-Pop Idols and Actors Shine in Glamour and Elegance at the

Dior Exhibit Opening

by crystalcove (soompi)

"Yesterday, a special event to commemorate the opening of the “Esprit Dior- Dior Exhibit” was held at the Dongdaemun Design Plaza. It was a star-filled event, with the likes of veteran actress Kim Hee Ae and idol star Sandara Parkattending the opening party. Fashion magazine InStyle Korea was there to capture the stars in their finest Dior outfits, mingling with each other and touring the exhibit. It shared some photos from the event through its Instagram account, a sample of which you can check out below."

Yoo Ah In looking very dapper.

InStyle Korea

Shin Se Kyung‘s shoes are so glittery!

InStyle Korea

"The “Esprit Dior- Dior Exhibit” displays the history of Dior’s designs, from dresses and perfumes to accessories and photos. The exhibit will be open to the public from June 20 to August 25 at the Dongdaemun Design Plaza."

to read more:

http://www.soompi.com/2015/06/19/k-pop-idols-and-actors-shine-in-glamour-and-elegance-at-the-dior-exhibit-opening/

cr: https://instagram.com/instylekorea/

• Like 2

And in keeping with my broken record syndrome... cameos from the unforgettable Tree cast, please!

I get the sneaky suspicion we will see the younger versions of Yi Do and Jung Ki Joon... after all, they are only 1 generation apart from the main cast here, and so integrally connected to them. As for Yoon Je Moon, the scene in Tree Ep10 when we see Ga Ri On's servile, fearful demeanour melt away into the chilling, commanding Bonwon Jung Ki Joon within a split second, will forever be etched in my mind... a testament to his incredible performance. Hope that we will hear good news like this within the 3 months leading to the release!

• Like 4

I get the sneaky suspicion we will see the younger versions of Yi Do and Jung Ki Joon... after all, they are only 1 generation apart from the main cast here, and so integrally connected to them. As for Yoon Je Moon, the scene in Tree Ep10 when we see Ga Ri On's servile, fearful demeanour melt away into the chilling, commanding Bonwon Jung Ki Joon within a split second, will forever be etched in my mind... a testament to his incredible performance. Hope that we will hear good news like this within the 3 months leading to the release!

for me as well, his back and forth from demure to domineering, amazing, love it

and i think if they plan to be consistent with the story of  TWDR they have to include a younger version of Jung Ki joon as to anderstant what made him separate his faction and rebel against the king and create IlBun  - so i think they must include him

• Like 4

@RainMoon Yes, I heard that 35 is the limit. But most actors prefers enlist before 30 and they normally receive the notice from minister of defense before 30. And Koreans love celebrities who enlist soon. I guess his agency was the one who decided his enlistment date for the sake of image? Idk.

• Like 4

Guest rainmoon

Rookie Watch: Lee Cho Hee

BY Julie Jones | Jun 19, 2015 09:31 AM EDT

•  
Lee Cho Hee

You may be seeing a lot more of Lee Cho Hee soon. In fact, k-drama lovers have been seeing a lot of her lately.

Since the beginning of 2014 the 25-year-old actress has appeared in six k-dramas and two films. And she has two new roles lined up.

Viewers may remember her playing Mal Sook in the historical drama "Inspiring Generation," which also starred Kim Hyun Joong.

Then she played Seo Jung Ah in "Wonderful Days," with Kim Hee Sun, Lee Seo Jin and Ok Taecyeon. She had a role in "Grandpas Over Flowers Investigation Team."

According to Arirang TV, her charm lies in her friendly image and the fact that she smiles a lot. It is certainly helping her make friends on set, whether those friends are veteran actors or k-pop idols.

Lee Cho Hee said she was honored to act with the veteran actors in "Grandpas Over Flowers Investigation Team," especially Lee Soon Jae. She was most comfortable with him when he played a 29-year-old trapped in the body of an old man.

"He acted with youthful emotions and that was possible for him," she said. "So, it was a huge honor and he had the ability to make my heart skip a beat when I walked with him.

She also spent some quality on-screen time with f(x)'s Krystal Jung in "My Lovely Girl." Lee's character Joo Hong is the one who let Krystal Jung's character Se Na stay at her place. It was a fun experience for Lee as she was a fan of Krystal Jung's.

"I've been a fan of hers for a long time," she said on an interview with Arirang's program Showbiz Korea. "I think Krystal is the prettiest of all the idol stars. And I tell others she is the prettiest. So when I first saw her I was speechless and wondered how can she be so pretty and have such a cute personality."

They became friends during the drama's filming.

Lee tried a historical drama next. She played In Yub, the faithful maid who sacrificed her life for her former mistress, Jung Yu Mi in "The Maids."

She barely had time to get out of costume when she was cast as a student in "Who Are You - School 2015." In that drama she played Kim So Hyun's friend and attended class with BtoB's Yook Sungjae, Nam Joo Hyuk and Park Doo Sik, who played her boyfriend in "My Lovely Girl."

She's also up for a role in the upcoming historical drama "Six Flying Dragons" with Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung.

And she was cast in the 2015 romance dramedy film "Salut D'Amour."

Lee Cho Hee started acting when she was young but said that she was very shy, so she had to work hard to be more outgoing and confident. Acting classes helped her overcome her shyness. So far, acting is working out well for her.

Taken from KDramaStars.com

Guest rainmoon

@RainMoon Yes, I heard that 35 is the limit. But most actors prefers enlist before 30 and they normally receive the notice from minister of defense before 30. And Koreans love celebrities who enlist soon. I guess his agency was the one who decided his enlistment date for the sake of image? Idk.

aaahh ... thanks for the info, it's always a little heart breaking when your favourite celebrities enlist. 

Guest rainmoon
young King Taejong?
... this kid is so cute btw!

cr. nswwife 

caption: shooting day 4, weather was good and the atmosphere very good.

Edited by rainmoon