i havnt seen the great seer yet

i think ill star it this weekend, do you recommend it?

when TWDT came out i took a class on asian writing so it was really interesting to watch

its a great drama regardless

Edited by nevill
  • Like 1

if the drama begins to air in October when do they have the first script reading? 

​@nevill,  If the cast has been confirmed and they don't have any other schedule planned from there agency the script reading could stat around the end of aug middle of sept.. I just hope this won't be live shooting that tend to wear out the actors lots of unpredictable things can happen cast member production member end up being hurt.. So I pray that everything goes fine for this drama and I'm really looking forward to it..   

​thats exactly what im afraid of, if they are all set to go why not start shooting if they do theyll have time to edit and reshoot if needed also i remember ssk said that it was more difficult to wear traditional in the winter

im really looking forwards to it as well,i love TWDR and its supposed to be a prequel of sorts, i think

well fingers cross 

@nevill,    TWDR and the SEER all related to this drama I think.. I wish we can get more info on this drama but just what was giving from the synopsis..  I'm really racking my brain trying to get just another clue.. Come to think of it it's beem a while since I watch TWDR I think I'll put that on my agenda this weekend..     

​the funny thing is that after TGWSS finished i felt like seeing TWDR again and suddenly i see theres going to be a prequel soon

so i did rewatch a few ep already and it got me more exited.

from the description it seems yoo ah in character king lee bang won is going to kill a lot of people, im wondering how theyre going to showcase it in a positive way? 

maybe i should start my reading on the history background, to understand better

​@nevill,  Do you watch Hwajung another good drama that deals with history and we have a historian watching with us that answer a lot of question but reading up the beginning of Joseon history is what I need to learn more about besides just watching these dramas.. The seer really got me interested on the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty..   

• Like 1

if the drama begins to air in October when do they have the first script reading? 

​@nevill,  If the cast has been confirmed and they don't have any other schedule planned from there agency the script reading could stat around the end of aug middle of sept.. I just hope this won't be live shooting that tend to wear out the actors lots of unpredictable things can happen cast member production member end up being hurt.. So I pray that everything goes fine for this drama and I'm really looking forward to it..   

​thats exactly what im afraid of, if they are all set to go why not start shooting if they do theyll have time to edit and reshoot if needed also i remember ssk said that it was more difficult to wear traditional in the winter

im really looking forwards to it as well,i love TWDR and its supposed to be a prequel of sorts, i think

well fingers cross 

@nevill,    TWDR and the SEER all related to this drama I think.. I wish we can get more info on this drama but just what was giving from the synopsis..  I'm really racking my brain trying to get just another clue.. Come to think of it it's beem a while since I watch TWDR I think I'll put that on my agenda this weekend..     

​the funny thing is that after TGWSS finished i felt like seeing TWDR again and suddenly i see theres going to be a prequel soon

so i did rewatch a few ep already and it got me more exited.

from the description it seems yoo ah in character king lee bang won is going to kill a lot of people, im wondering how theyre going to showcase it in a positive way? 

maybe i should start my reading on the history background, to understand better

​@nevill,  Do you watch Hwajung another good drama that deals with history and we have a historian watching with us that answer a lot of question but reading up the beginning of Joseon history is what I need to learn more about besides just watching these dramas.. The seer really got me interested on the beginning of the Joseon Dynasty..   

​usually i dont watch the historical but if you say it depict history relatively accurate then i will , but ill probably wait till its over

i dont watch dramas till they finished unless i cant help myself like in TGWSS

but ill start on SEER - sounds really interesting

• Like 1

when TWDT came out i took a class on asian writing so it was really interesting to watch

@nevill,  Yes do watch it then you'll also see the connection I'm getting from that drama to this one.. 

• Like 2

@nevill,  Yes do watch it then you'll also see the connection I'm getting from that drama to this one.. 

​actually im starting right now, so a lot of  thanx

ill tell you how it went

• Like 1

​actually im starting right now, so a lot of  thanx

ill tell you how it went

@nevill,  Great happy watching tell me how you like it..

Guest rainmoon

Hi new to this thread ... came from a shipper thread but heard of Gong Seung Yeon being casted in this drama and instantly became interested.  I followed her previous drama Heard It Through The Grapevine and thought she was great, even if the role was small.

I'm hoping she will do well and oh am also a fan of Yoo In Ah and Byu Yo Han from his Misaeng days.  SSK seems like an ok actress she did pretty well in Girl Who Sees Smell ... so looking forward to how this casting and the interaction of them all plays out.

Gong Seung Yeon To Play Shin Se Kyung's Romantic Rival

BY Julie Jones | Jun 04, 2015 08:39 AM EDT

Gong Seung Yeon

On June 3 it was announced that Sin Se Kyung would take a leading role in the upcoming 50-episode drama "Six Flying Dragons." She will play Boon Yi, the woman that Lee Bang Won, later King Taejong, loves. But she is not the only woman in the life of the man who will do whatever it takes to acquire the throne. On June 4 it was announced that Gong Seung Yeon has been cast to play her romantic rival.

Gong Seung Yeon, who trained as a singer under SM Entertainment" and played Go Ah Sung's sister in "Heard It Through The Grapevine," has been cast as Min Da Kyung. Min Da Kyung is one of the many women who want Lee Bang Won's love but she does not get it. Even though she does not win his love, she still wants to be his queen.

The drama focuses on the story of some real-life historical figures and adds a few fictional ones. In "Six Flying Dragons" Yoo Ah In plays the fifth son of King Taejo. His character helped his father found the Joseon dynasty. In exchange he expected to be crowned the successor to the throne but his father chose another son.

To secure the throne, Lee Bang Won killed his stepbrothers and some entire families that might claim the right in the future. He rewarded the loyalties of his supporters by executing and exiling some of them. Fiction has portrayed him as both a ruthless killer greedy for power and a man trying desperately to protect his rule against multiple treasonous plots.

Lee Bang Won also clashed with his father's advisor Jung Do Jeon, played by Kim Myung Min. Jung Do Jeon wanted a country ruled by ministers, while Lee wanted the monarchy to retain absolute power.

Also appearing in the drama are Byun Yo Han, last seen in "Ex-Girlfriends Club" and "Misaeng." He will play the brother of Shin Se Kyung's character. His character is also Jung Do Jeon's bodyguard. Also appearing in the drama are Chun Ho Jin, Yoon Kyun Sang and Jung Yoo Mi.

Kim Young Hyun and Park Sang Yeon, the writers crafting the screenplay for "Six Flying Dragons" previously wrote the successful saeguk "Tree With Deep Roots." Director Shin Kyung Soo also worked on "Tree With Deep Roots." The new drama is a prequel to that one, as it features some of the same characters when they were young.

Taken from KDramaStars.com

Guest rainmoon

Welcome Aboard @rainmoon,  Glad to have you with us.. 

Thanks for the article also I read more of it maybe I can get a lil more on the story..

I hope you have watch Saguek's before..  

​thank you :) ... yes I've watched a few Saguek's , first one was Queen Seon Duk, Jang Ok Jung Live in Love (this is where is discovered Yoo Ah In) and a few others so I'm familiar with it, although probably not as much as some of you here.

I'll be watching Tree With Deep Roots before this begins since they are both tied together ... actually been meaning to watch it a while ago but never really had a chance, but now I will definitely have to.

Just as an FYI Seung Yeon also plays the Gayageum, I believe and does calligraphy so hoping she can maybe show some of those skills ... (the show she is currently on WGM, they called her the modern Shin SaimDang). 

Edited by rainmoon

@nevill, @RainMoon,  Hi,guy's

To me this drama is more related to the Seer then TWDR.. The Seer tells more of the story about King Taejong.. TWDR if you really want to know the history of that story watch The Great King Sejong...

Taejong was messing around with a giesang.. So  Sin Se Kyung will play this role and you will see more of her in the seer but not in TWDR.. If this story is based on some of the parts of the Seer storyline then yes I think we will get some seers and shamans even if it's just to spice the story up a little bit.. But Taejong started as a warrior for the Guyreo Dynasty.. Due to the corrupt court system and the royal house of Wang's once Joseon was established to get a solid footing and to prevent a revolt from the previous dynasty descendants he put all of them on a ships claiming he was moving them from the capital and just about killed every last one of them Taejong was a ruthless ruler that will kill at will.. But after watching King Sejong I kind of understood some of his killing because he wanted the King only to hold power in the country and not the minister but it never wokout the way he wanted..     

Edited by valsava
  • Like 3

Actor Park Hyuk Kwon to Reunite With Yoo Ah In in Six Flying Dragons.

Senior actor Park Hyuk Kwon (The Producers, Secret Love Affair) is cast in Six Flying Dragons and he's still reviewing the proposal. He is offered to play the role of the warrior Im Kyeon Mi.

Park Hyuk Kwon and Yoo Ah In have played together in movies ‘Boys of Tomorrow’ 2007, ‘Antique’ 2008, and last year's hit drama 'Secret Love Affair. So this is going to be their fourth reunion. He will reunite with PD Shin Kyun Su as well who worked together with him in 'Tree With Deep Roots'.

@lisafransisca,  wow.. lots of cast updates... So glad that Park Hyuk-Kwon joins. I wonder what his role will be.  I have seen him of course, in many drama. But I was riveted by his emotional performance in Punch, as well as Unkind Women. Thank you for this article.

@RainMoon, welcome to the thread, and thank you for the article and additional information about her.. I agree with you. I also liked Gong Seung Yeon on I Heard It Through the Grapevine..

• Like 4

@irilight,     If you remember in the Seer the girl that had a son by the 2 second to last King in the Guryeo Dynasty before Taejong took over the court I'm wondering  is SSK will play this role (Her son was the last King Taejong gave him poison) remember she work in the Giesang house they trained her just to be with the King she never made it to be Queen and they even took her baby from her she never received status as royal consort ..  Remember her and JI Sung was in love in the early part of they youth but she dump him for the King after all that time he spent looking for her..     

Edited by valsava
  • Like 2

@nevill, @RainMoon,  Hi,guy's

To me this drama is more related to the Seer then TWDR.. The Seer tells more of the story about King Taejong.. TWDR if you really want to know the history of that story watch The Great King Sejong...

Taejong was messing around with a giesang.. So  Sin Se Kyung will play this role and you will see more of her in the seer but not in TWDR.. If this story is based on some of the parts of the Seer storyline then yes I think we will get some seers and shamans even if it's just to spice the story up a little bit.. But Taejong started as a warrior for the Guyreo Dynasty.. Due to the corrupt court system and the royal house of Wang's once Joseon was established to get a solid footing and to prevent a revolt from the previous dynasty descendants he put all of them on a ships claiming he was moving them from the capital and just about killed every last one of them Taejong was a ruthless ruler that will kill at will.. But after watching King Sejong I kind of understood some of his killing because he wanted the King only to hold power in the country and not the minister but it never wokout the way he wanted..     

​all monarchy systems work like that, well just be glad we live in this day

• Like 3

@valsava did they really believe that much in shamans and seers at the time?

i know a lot of cultures use them, but how powerful was their impact on the king and citizens for that matter?

​@nevill,   Yes every since the beginning of times sort of speak.. In the very beginning they had Shamans and Seers that could communicate with the gods and pass on whatever prophet they received to the people on earth.. Kings come about as being mandated from the heavens.. I can name a few that deals with Shamans and Seers

1. Jumong

2. Moon Embracing the sun

3.The Great Seer

4.Hwajung

5.Dong Yi

6.The Kings Face

7.The night watchman Journal

7. Shin Don (Based on the true story of Buddhist monk Shin Don who led Korea during one of its most troubled times ) 

Thee is just some of them I remember  think a lot of the Shamans then was nuns and buddhist monks

i read that Yoon Ah In is still NOT confirmed, is this true

could there be a change?

i really hope not, i liked him since SS

​Not sure about this we don;t get much news about this drama because it's still kind of a long way off and I'm praying that they don't drop it..

• Like 4

@valsava did they really believe that much in shamans and seers at the time?

i know a lot of cultures use them, but how powerful was their impact on the king and citizens for that matter?

​@nevill,   Yes every since the beginning of times sort of speak.. In the very beginning they had Shamans and Seers that could communicate with the gods and pass on whatever prophet they received to the people on earth.. Kings come about as being mandated from the heavens.. I can name a few that deals with Shamans and Seers

​but who yielded the power?

did the kings used the shaman & seers to manipulate the citizens or were themselves manipulated by the shaman\seers?

• Like 3