19 hours ago, oohhkkay said:

i am not sure about TWDR, I didn't follow it that much then.

For SFD, the DVD cafe had a survey done in early April voting for DVD for 50 eps vs making DVD, and making DVD won by like 60% vs 40%, so it was decided only making will be released (if ever). And then up till last week, there were only like 700 people signed up for the making (I was one of them, even tho I want the 50 ep DVD more), but then it failed to make the 1000 lower limit....... and they announced they will abort the production. I guess it is final, unless like overseas fans have like a 300 people demand for it, then I guess we can go and ask for it again. (The SFD weibo administration did ask people to tell him/her if they are interested in buying, he/she can go sign up for them, but when I asked him/her earlier in private message, the reply was the demand was very low for China fans. 

If only we shared this news to international fans via twitter and facebook fanpage, the result could have been better. I recall JOJ DVD petition was shared to quite many international forums and finally they made it to 1000 limit.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lisafransisca said:

If only we shared this news to international fans via twitter and facebook fanpage, the result could have been better. I recall JOJ DVD petition was shared to quite many international forums and finally they made it to 1000 limit.

Actually I did ask a friend to ask an admin of YAI International fan page to see if there is a demand among international YAI fans. however, I didn't receive any reply after that, so I kinda assumed there is not much demand.

And I have also mentioned about the demand survey here before, I think, maybe I should be more active then, in seeking all the fan demands... do u think there will be like 300 demand for the DVD? if really yes, maybe we can message the admin in the cafe, 300 seems quite a big number

What is JOJ?

@oohhkkay I saw that link, but I guess since there's no information in English, international fans don't understand how to participate in the survey. In JOJ survey, we were provided with English site/translations and step-by-step on how to join the survey in English. In SLA survey, we got 1 representative who collected the participants and it has English website http://cafe.daum.net/secretloveaffairdvd

• Like 1

On 08/06/2016 at 10:25 PM, oohhkkay said:

What is JOJ?

JOJ is Jang ok Jung :wub:

On 07/06/2016 at 7:02 PM, oohhkkay said:

SFD DVD won't be released. Even the making DVD didn't meet the 1000 demand lower limit.......

not many went to the cafe to sign up for the release... only around 700....

I want the Blu Ray DVD set........

As for the torrents, you can search for them by using 육룡이 나르샤 토렌트 (SFD torrent), there are quite a few diff sources out there.

Thank you for the torrent tips

Tbh, it's disappointed to hear that they wont released the dvd....i thought it would take at least one year to release the dvd since as far as i remember reply 1997 really took about 1 year to release the dvd...

Sorry for my ignorance, since when they decide to release the dvd based on votes at daum cafe? was it a routine to do like that since ages ago? i thought every kdrama will release its dvd no matter how long it takes....is there any kdrama didn't make it to dvd because of the votes? sounds like doesnt make sense to me....i couldnt think of the logic for not releasing the dvd if lack of votes....if they worried about very little buyers for the dvd....they should release it by batches....as long as they release the dvd, there should be buyers and they would get the profits in return. It's just disappointed because not many can understand daum cafe without english to vote, plus not many international fans visiting the sites, including soompi.....i think most of people watch it on tv and then, that's it....they like the drama but no further action because a lots of commitments in life.

Sorry for the long rant :sweatingbullets: really upset if they finally decided not to release the dvd....ive been waiting since forever :tears:

• Like 1

@natokajun @lisafransisca

I asked them and they have extended the deadline for the demand survey, can you go spread the word and see who is interested in the making dvd? And I can be the representative if you want, just see if we can get that number.

And @natokajun I know this demand survey thing is pretty common for Korean drama, if there is no demand they won't do it, (maybe except for Japan? not sure, but I have never bought Japan released K drama DVDs before), I have bought three directors' DVD set before, so I have seen this before. I am sure they don't release DVD for every K drama.

• Like 1

Anyone who wish to buy the making DVD, if you have daum account, you can go and fill in yourself, the number you want and your email, if you don't, you can send me your email and the number you want, I will post them on daum SFD cafe for you after collecting them.

• Like 2

On 26/6/2016 at 9:22 PM, natokajun said:

@oohhkkay thank you for the reply ^^ dvd release based on votes at daum cafe is really new to me ^^; i saw there is a post in english at sfd daum cafe....already replied to that post ^^

I think we are close now, since I have collected quite a number of people who wished to buy it, I think we should not be far now.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, oohhkkay said:

Food Truck from Yoo Ah In to Yoon Kyun Sang

Top banner translation:

Moo Hyul Ah, it’s so hot, it must have been so hard for you

- Your ex-master Lee Bang Won

LOL. I'm cracking up so hard with this caption. Thank you for translating them. The ex-master surely misses his bodyguard.

• Like 3

And Yoon Kyun Sang uploaded his pic with the food truck on IG

Translation:

#uhmhongsik #yooahin #leebangwon #master #prince #youngmaster #hyungnim #hyung @ hongsick

Warrior Moo Hyul.. Without any failure I will win against the heat and finish the filming.!!

T/N: The exact wording his used for “Warrior Moo Hyul.. Without any failure” is the line in the last ep of SFD he said before he started defending Bang Won from the enemy soldiers. And the tags he used are all the ways he called him in different stages of SFD.

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

The making DVD demand finally exceeded 1000, and they are now contacting SBS for the possibility of releasing DVD.

And if it is possible, they will also ask about what will be included in the dvd, and since there is about 40% of the demand from overseas fans, they will also ask about the subs.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

160817 Six Flying Dragons DVD cafe announcement on progress (answers from the production on requests sent by DVD cafe before)

Translation note: SFD DVD cafe asked me to translate parts of their announcement only, so some of you who have access to the notice may realise this is just part of it. And please note the survey and message me if you have any particular request for the DVD. If you wish to repost this elsewhere, you are welcome to do so, please include a link to my original post http://oohhkkay.tumblr.com/post/149203818924/160817-six-flying-dragons-dvd-cafe-announcement-on

1. What requests can be included in the DVD

1) Possible

-Previously not released behind the scenes

-Script reading

2) Impossible

-Commentary

-Previously not released OST

-Important scenes

-English subtitles- because of the nature of behind the scenes (BTS), it is difficult to make subtitles for them, the cost of production will increase, so it is impossible

3) Not confirmed

-Deleted scenes, NG -> When director DVD production was not confirmed at the end of the drama, original videos can be deleted, so need to confirm whether these are still there. BTS and drama are filmed separately, so it is not related to whether the original video for drama is deleted or not

-Interviews(if it is difficult to produce video interview, text is also ok)-> to be confirmed after request

-Script (If it is difficult to provide all, it is ok to just provide for the important scenes) -> It is difficult to provide script for all the eps, single ep is still to be confirmed

-Lectures of 설민석(Translation note: name of a Korean history teacher)-> To be confirmed  whether the videos on the internet can be used (Reference: http://nstore.naver.com/broadcasting/detail.nhn?productNo=2050802 , some of them are available for free)

-Art and martial art work preparation-> whether it is staff interview or other particular preparations, please specify what is requested, to be confirmed

2. Content

If the distributing company cannot confirm the production (real purchase less than 1000), they cannot confirm the materials that will be included. Before the confirmation of production, it is impossible to confirm what sort of scenes will be included. Therefore, it is hoped that for SFD DVD cafe, if there is anything you want, you can request for it. After the confirmation of production and on whether it is possible to fulfil the request, they will try their best to include them. If there are any new suggestions, you can also ask in the cafe.

Survey for overseas fans

1. What is the previously unreleased videos that you want to watch?

2. What sort of special gift (e.g. photo book) do you want to receive?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, lclarakl said:

I finally watched this drama and it was a treat. I put it off because I thought it would be too heavy, but I have to say that the writers were brilliant in telling a story; I won't even mention how it's beautifully filmed. 

@lclarakl is it not a beautiful drama? I loved this too. The addition of the fictional characters were fantastic. I am glad you enjoyed it. I rewatched it once and sometimes go rewatch some of my favorite episodes. I love the story of BW and BY loved and sad but loved anyway even through their not being together. 

• Like 3