Recently read a very good interview of YAI, so I decided to translate it into English, I have done about half of it, for the full interview you can go and read it on my tumblr, this is the part about acting in SFD, and please include links to my tumblr and credit me if you want to repost it somewhere else

Being able to portray different roles freely, Yoo Ah In also has his own ideas on acting, rather than portraying a character, it’s more like his personality dissociating into different characters. "For me, acting is like a control switch, like when we go inside a room, the light will light up after we press the switch. Acting is like I have prepared a lot of ingredients and spices, and I can take them out when they are needed, it’s also like piano keys, they are already there, when I play do then it’s do, re then re, mi then mi, I have sorted out everything, all the emotions, all the interpretations, whenever I need them I can take them out, just like piano keys and control switch, they will come out when I press it. Therefore, there is no need for me to leave a role because I am not an actor who will get inside a character and then leave it to get inside another one when it ends. Through the different characters, I change myself, others’ lives, others’ way of living, others’ emotion, others’ psychology; straightforward feelings, looks and hate would not be empty because when I meet this character, I also change myself and walk onwards together. Just like I met Seon Jae, I met Young Gul, I met Yi Bang Won, just like meeting all the previous characters, and the characters I will meet afterwards will be more like putting down myself.”

http://oohhkkay.tumblr.com/post/144499038539/yoo-ah-in-elle-men-hong-kong-may-2016-interview

• Like 9

006fpaPDjw1f3ys8l1dozj30lc0qoabj.jpg

YAI and YKS went to watch Hedwig together!

(Cr: YKS ins)

#헤드윅 #변드윅 #용룡용 변누나 귀여웠고 황홀했고 섹시했고 매력터졌다 훌륭하고 멋진 공연, 즐거운 만남 홍식이형변드윅누나융귱상

Translation: #Hedwig #Byundwig #SixDragonsSix Byun noona cute and enchanting and sexy with exploding charm, fantastic and cool performance, pleasant meeting, Hongsick Hyung Byundwig noona Yun Kyun Sang

• Like 11

Yoon Kyun Sang, Shin Se Kyung and Jung Yoo Mi were hanging out together:

From YKS's instagram:

kOHhXx5.jpg

웃느라 턱아팟던 시간 형제님들 늘 행복하게 화이팅!! ㅋㅋㅋ

From JYM's instagram:

kFyEamj.jpg

입.술.로. 한강 출정. 두둥. 

Also from JYM's instagram when she went to see BYH's musical:

qGZgzbK.jpg

이건 변언니 선택! 워낙 쎈 여자친구라서.. 올려줌!ㅋㅋ 변드윅 화이팅!!^^

• Like 10

Thank you everyone for sharing their activities post-drama. It's truly such a joy to see that they remain close even after the drama has ended... and firm friendships forged over the past year of shooting. Miss them much!

• Like 6

judging by the pics posted by @lisafransisca, @Ayame, @oohhkkay (thank you btw), it looks like these young and  hip group of actors bonded so well on the set of SFD, it's pretty obvious they forged a strong friendship that months after the culmination of SFD they're still hanging out with each other. Such a grand group of homies! thanks for the update.

• Like 5

2016 Baeksang Arts Awards (Result)
tumblr_inline_o876dyh30z1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Congratulations, Yoo Ah-In!!!

Though Six Flying Dragons won only 1 award (The best actor), I think the overall result was quite fair and square excet for the grand prize of the TV category. Here is the result.

1. TV category

Grand Prize 대상
Descendents of the Sun (KBS) 태양의 후예

Best Drama
Signal (tvN) 시그널

Best Actor
Yoo Ah-In (SBS - Six Flying Dragons) 유아인 (육룡이나르샤)   

Best Actress
Kim Hye-Soo (tvN - Signal) 김혜수 (시그널)    

Best Director
Shin Won-Ho (tvN - Reply 1988) 신원호 (응답하라 1988)    

Best New Actor
Ryu Joon-Yeol (tvN - Reply 1988) 류준열 (응답하라 1988)    

Best New Actress
Kim Go-Eun (tvN - Cheese in the Trap) 김고은 (치즈 인 더 트랩)   

Best Script
Kim Eun-Hee (tvN - Signal) 김은희 (시그널)   

Best Variety Show
King of Mask Singer (MBC) 복면가왕

Best Variety Show Player (Male)
Kim Gu-Ra (MBC - My Little Television) 김구라 (마이 리틀 텔레비전)

Best Variety Show Player (Female)
Kim Sook (JTBC - With You) 김숙 (님과 함께)

Best TV Documentary
Exam (EBS) 시험

Popularity Award (Internet Vote)
Song Jung-Ki, Song Hye-Kyo (KBS - Descendents of the Sun) 송중기, 송혜교 (태양의 후예)

2. Film category

Grand Prize 대상
Director Yi Joon-Ik (The Throne, DongJu; The Portrait of A Poet) 이준익 (사도, 동주)

Best Movie
Assassination 암살

Best Actor
Lee Byung-Hun (Inside Men) 이병헌 (내부자들)

Best Actress
Jeon Do-Yeon (The Shameless) 전도연 (무뢰한)

Best Director
Ryu Seong-Wan (Veteran) 류승완 (베테랑)

Best Supporting Actor
Yi Gyeong-Young (Minority Opinion) 이경영 (소수의견)

Best Supporting Actress
Ra Mi-Ran (The Himalayas) 라미란 (히말라야)

Best New Actor
Park Jeong-Min (DongJu; The Portrait of A Poet) 박정민 (동주)

Best New Actress
Park So-Dam (The Priests) 박소담 (검은 사제들)

Best New Director
Han Joon-Hee (Coinlocker Girl) 한준희 (차이나타운)

Best Script
Ahn Gook-Jin (Alice In Earnestland) 안국진 (성실한 나라의 앨리스)

Popularity Award (Internet Vote)
Do Kyung-soo (EXO), Bae Suzy (miss A) 도경수, 수지

3. Etc. (Sponsor related)

InStyle Awards
Park Bo-Geom, Bae Suzy 박보검, 수지

Aichii Star Awards
Song Jung-Ki, Song Hye-Gyo 송중기, 송혜교

• Like 5

Yoo Ah-In's acceptance speech at 2016 Baeksang Arts Awards

tumblr_inline_o88ahajWMn1s5yhgo_540.jpg

Video clips
Naver  /  YouTube

[English Translation]

Today, watching the Baeksang stage from the start, seating myself next to Song-Song couple (Song Jung-Ki & Song Hye-Gyo), I wanted to go with them together. It is quite embarrassing for me to receive this award.

Apart from anything else, 50 episode drama for me… (sudden change in his tone) Yeah, I know my acceptance speeches always cause controversy. (LOL) But, aren’t they funny? (LOL)

I don’t know…. 50 episode drama, Sageuk, Six Flying Dragons…. Awww (Sigh) There are so many key words that come to my mind when I’m thinking about last year. I had a lot of worries of my own, but now that I’m thinking about it, they were quite a shame. “Fifty episode drama, it would make me tired. Can I make it?” or “Fifty episodes? Star actors don’t do this kind of long-term drama, do they?” Such worries… honestly, people really said that, not about the drama itself but about the fake stories surrounding the drama. I didn’t want to focus on such fakes, and I felt ashamed of myself who was caring about them. Six Flying Dragons… I’m really proud of it.

Including Director Shin Gyeong-Soo, Writers Park Sang-Yeon & Kim Young-Hyeon, working with all the senior-junior actors like Choi Jong-Won (Yi In-Gyeom in SFD), Cheon Ho-Jin (Yi Seong-Gye in SFD)… what I felt is… I begun my acting career 10 years ago, but only Six Flying Dragons, this 50 episode drama, gave me the weird moment that I could witness so many changes and growth in myself just with one drama.  

Since SFD had six main protagonists, other 5 actors shared the burden and there was no overtime shooting at night. I think it was quite excellent filming environments. Nonetheless, I really felt like I want to die. (LOL) Hmmm… but whenever I received a script book and recited it, it made me really happy. I thought this is the reason why I am an actor. “How could the writers give me this great lines?” “How could they drive me into such a moment?” Such thoughts took me to heaven as well as to hell.  

I think I should make a living as an actor. A career as an actor sometimes makes me feel so frustrated that I think “Damn, I want to quit this stupid job”. However, at the moment when I start acting, when I’m entering into the atmosphere while the camera is rolling… (Silence for a while) … at the moment when I witness another myself in my own eyes, it gives me a big thrill. I’m happy for being an actor. Thank you all the audiences, TV viewers, for making it possible for me to live as an actor. I’ll do my best. Thank you.

[Original Korean]

오늘 1부부터 참석해서 무대를 지켜보면서, 옆에 송송 커플(송중기, 송혜교)을 앉혀두고 (웃음) 함께 가려고 했었는데, 민망하네요. 이 상을 받기가.

다른 것을 떠나서 50부작 드라마라는 것을 제가…  제가 수상 소감을 하면 논란이 된다는 거 저도 알고 있습니다. (웃음) 재밌잖아요? (웃음)

모 르겠어요. 50부작 드라마, 사극, 육룡이 나르샤… 어후 (한숨) 작년을 생각하면 떠오르는 키워드들이 많고, 참 많은 고민들이 스쳤는데, 그 고민이 참 부끄러운 고민들이었던 것 같아요.  "50부작, 내가 피곤한데 할 수 있을까?“ 혹은 "50부작? 아아, 그거 스타들은 안 하는 거 아닌가?” 하는 그런 생각들도 들고… 솔직히? 으음… 사람들이 그런 말들을 많이 하잖아요. 진짜 작품에 대한 이야기 말고, 작품을 둘러싸고 있는 가짜들에 대한 이야기. 그런 것들에 별로 집중하고 싶지 않았던 것 같고. 그런 생각들이 드는 제 자신에게 굉장히 부끄러웠던 것 같아요. 육룡이 나르샤, 굉장히 자랑스러운 작품이었습니다.

신경수 감독님, 박상연 김영현 작가님, 두분 작가님을 비롯해서 최종원 선배님, 천호진 선배님을 비롯한 모든 선후배 연기자 분들, 함께 하면서… 사실 십년간 연기를 했었는데,  내가 이만큼 한 작품을 하면서 내 스스로 많은 변화와 성장을 목격할 수도 있구나 하는 되게 신기한 느낌을 받았던 순간이었어요. 육룡이 나르샤. 50부작 드라마가요.

주인공이 여섯명이라서, 많은 분들이 할당된 지분 만큼 많이 분담해 주시고, 밤새는 일도 없었고, 굉장히 훌륭한 촬영 현장이었음에도 불구하고, 사실 너무 죽고 싶었었거든요. (웃음) 음… 그래도 대본 받아서, 대본을 읊을 때마다 정말 행복했습니다. 내가 정말 이래서 배우구나, 라는 생각을 했던 것 같아요. 어떻게 작가님은 이렇게 위대한 대사를 나한테 주실 수 있지? 이런 순간에 나를 몰아넣을 수 있지?  그런 생각들로 지옥이기도 했고, 행복하기도 했습니다.

배우로서 살아가야 할 것 같아요. 배우라는 일이 너무, 어떨 때는 끔찍해서 “에이, 나 그만할래. 때려치고 싶어"라는 생각이 들 때가 있는데, 연기하는 순간, 그 공기 안에 들어가는 순간, 카메라가 돌아가는 순간…. (침묵) 그 순간의 제 자신을, 또 하나의 저의 눈으로 목격하면서, 저는 굉장히 황홀한 기분을 느끼곤 합니다. 배우여서 행복하고, 저를 배우로 살게 해 주시는 모든 관객 여러분, 시청자 분들께 감사 드립니다. 열심히 하겠습니다. 감사합니다.

• Like 9

@homura I was thinking if you will do it haha, I just finished my translation too, if I knew you were doing it, then i don't need to do it, hahahahaha

Anyway, since homura has posted her translation, I am not going to post mine hahahaha

If anyone wanna read an alternative one, you can go to my tumblr haha

http://oohhkkay.tumblr.com/post/145388109004/yoo-ah-ins-baeksang-best-actor-acceptance-speech

• Like 5

came to visit again just to convey my congratulations to a very well deserved actor who played and personified Lee Bang Won in SFD.

Congratulations YOO AH IN!! Wish you also nailed SADO  too but well, the director won the Daesang Award. 

• Like 5

Thank you @oohhkkay for the video and translation, and @homura for the translation! I love both translations, thank you so much! I had your weibo video and the translations on my screen simultaneously - what a treat to watch YAI talk. He's so animated and emotive, that even without understanding his words I can be fascinated. So when I can understand, the effect is multiple times more awesome! He seems like an amazing person off camera - it must be so interesting to just sit and chat with him, because he seems like someone who has lots to say about plenty of things.

I love that he can be so honest about himself on stage like that, in those few minutes. You can tell right off the bat that he's proud of his talents and makes no apologies for that, but at the same time keeps himself grounded - and reminds us too that A-list actors do have their own worries about their craft and their works, and just like the rest of us, there are moments that makes him want to quit his job entirely. But then he does obviously love what he does, and that's a thankful thing for all of us that we can watch him in more great works for years to come. 

MS is going to take him from us briefly, and thank God he did SFD - so there's something to tide us over until he comes back with more great works.

By the way, that shot of him talking while the huge background screen gave off different scenes and expressions of YBW was awesome and gave me such great feels! I almost feel like subbing that acceptance speech video to get the full 3-D effect of how wonderful it was.

And icing on the cake was the backstage shot of him with Song-Song and Park Bo Gum. That arm casually slung around SJK immediately gave me Yeorim-Geulro feels and made me so much happier than even YAI's cameo in DotS (which didn't feature SJK much to my great great great disappointment). Doesn't this picture make you want to cry tears of joy - if you're a SKKS fan?:

Park-Bo-Gum-Song-Hye-Kyo-Yoo-Ah-In-Song-

• Like 7

his acceptance speech is really something.....

do anyone know where can i get torrent file for the whole 50 episodes of six flying dragons.....the dvd release seems so far away....how come DotS already released its dvd while 6fd still not out yet.....

On 6/6/2016 at 3:13 PM, natokajun said:

his acceptance speech is really something.....

do anyone know where can i get torrent file for the whole 50 episodes of six flying dragons.....the dvd release seems so far away....how come DotS already released its dvd while 6fd still not out yet.....

SFD DVD won't be released. Even the making DVD didn't meet the 1000 demand lower limit.......

not many went to the cafe to sign up for the release... only around 700....

I want the Blu Ray DVD set........

As for the torrents, you can search for them by using 육룡이 나르샤 토렌트 (SFD torrent), there are quite a few diff sources out there.

1 minute ago, oohhkkay said:

SFD DVD won't be released. Even the making DVD didn't meet the 1000 demand lower limit.......

not many went to the cafe to sign up for the release... only around 700....

I want the Blu Ray DVD set........

That's really disappointing and surprising news @oohhkkay :( Was the DVD set previously released for Tree with Deep Roots? Wonder whether they will extend the survey deadline,,, or is this decision final?

• Like 1

On 5/6/2016 at 4:01 PM, azzurri said:

Thank you @oohhkkay for the video and translation, and @homura for the translation! I love both translations, thank you so much! I had your weibo video and the translations on my screen simultaneously - what a treat to watch YAI talk. He's so animated and emotive, that even without understanding his words I can be fascinated. So when I can understand, the effect is multiple times more awesome! He seems like an amazing person off camera - it must be so interesting to just sit and chat with him, because he seems like someone who has lots to say about plenty of things.

I love that he can be so honest about himself on stage like that, in those few minutes. You can tell right off the bat that he's proud of his talents and makes no apologies for that, but at the same time keeps himself grounded - and reminds us too that A-list actors do have their own worries about their craft and their works, and just like the rest of us, there are moments that makes him want to quit his job entirely. But then he does obviously love what he does, and that's a thankful thing for all of us that we can watch him in more great works for years to come. 

MS is going to take him from us briefly, and thank God he did SFD - so there's something to tide us over until he comes back with more great works.

By the way, that shot of him talking while the huge background screen gave off different scenes and expressions of YBW was awesome and gave me such great feels! I almost feel like subbing that acceptance speech video to get the full 3-D effect of how wonderful it was.

And icing on the cake was the backstage shot of him with Song-Song and Park Bo Gum. That arm casually slung around SJK immediately gave me Yeorim-Geulro feels and made me so much happier than even YAI's cameo in DotS (which didn't feature SJK much to my great great great disappointment). Doesn't this picture make you want to cry tears of joy - if you're a SKKS fan?:

Yes I love that speech too, and I have watched the video for so many times. His acceptance speech is always something.

I was so sad that SFD team didn't win any other awards, coz in my opinion, the script of SFD is the best, and it also deserves to get the best drama. I guess the controversies about SFD's historical accuracy does have a part in that? And fierce competition, I watched Signal and frankly, I think it is not as good as SFD. Like what a friend of mine said, Signal just points out problems in the world, but SFD is an attempt to search for a solution.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, liddi said:

That's really disappointing and surprising news @oohhkkay :( Was the DVD set previously released for Tree with Deep Roots? Wonder whether they will extend the survey deadline,,, or is this decision final?

i am not sure about TWDR, I didn't follow it that much then.

For SFD, the DVD cafe had a survey done in early April voting for DVD for 50 eps vs making DVD, and making DVD won by like 60% vs 40%, so it was decided only making will be released (if ever). And then up till last week, there were only like 700 people signed up for the making (I was one of them, even tho I want the 50 ep DVD more), but then it failed to make the 1000 lower limit....... and they announced they will abort the production. I guess it is final, unless like overseas fans have like a 300 people demand for it, then I guess we can go and ask for it again. (The SFD weibo administration did ask people to tell him/her if they are interested in buying, he/she can go sign up for them, but when I asked him/her earlier in private message, the reply was the demand was very low for China fans. 

• Like 1