On 4/13/2016 at 4:34 PM, homura said:

Hey, guys. Long time no see.

Yesterday, South Koreans had general elections, and the lady president's ruling party lost its majority. It was a miracle. I can't believe it. It looked impossible when I was talking with you guys on this thread. However, young voters and the new 3rd party has completely changed the political situation in South Korea. 

I guess Yoo Ah-In would be pleased to see it. When he openly supported a presidential candidate on his tweeter in 2012 presidential election, he had been severely bashed by K-netizens. However, the politician he supported at that time has brought up this positive change today.  I'm really happy about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3536951/South-Koreans-polls-parliamentary-election.html

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2016/04/116_202546.html

Reading the linked posts, I have to say that the latest modern political drama Assembly there was so much similarities in the political maneuvering and changes depicted in the drama and the real life political happenings in SK at the moment. The difference is the hero in that drama did not leave the dominating party but he stayed to change it and in that drama there were 3 parties and the 3rd new and progressive party did win some electorate vote enough to challenge the power of the 2 dominant parties and the head of the newcomer progressive party in that drama was a woman. I even think that SFD came after that drama. I loved that drama. I don't know why it did not gain any traction on the viewing audience of SK. That was a good one, for the political fans anyway. The writer of that drama once worked as a reporter in the Assembly. It is so canny how accurate a prediction was of the present political climate in SK.

• Like 2

On 4/13/2016 at 6:30 PM, liddi said:

@homura So pleased to see you here and truly happy for you that you are seeing a positive change in the political landscape in South Korea... congratulations! Have really missed reading your posts... please drop by when you can. As you can see, we are still haunting this thread... and the soundtrack continues to be on repeat on my playlist.

Hi @liddi, glad you are also visiting this thread. I just wanted to say that I love this drama however something felt missing at the end and I could not think what it was until I read the links about the politics in SK. Maybe because there was so much story to tell such as the Strife of the Princes, the death of Sambong, the ending story of all the characters and the love story of BY and BW, that there was not much shown about the accomplishments of JDJ. The speech at the "rock" was inspiring but it seemed exclusive. I would have wanted to see him present the laws and by laws that he wrote, to the king and debated in court, together with the reasons for a centralized army. Even for one or two scenes. Sambong would have made an impassioned speech  just like his dramatic entrance and singing of the Muyiya at the Jangpyeong gate. KMM would have aced that. That is what I thought was missing, the powerful portrayal of the founders at the end of the drama. A lot was said by the characters themselves about the steadfastness and strength of LSG and the intelligence and the genius of Sambong and his future accomplishments and yet not much was shown in the end about what he really did. This drama is superb, I just missed the passionate scholar at the last episodes before he died. But then young Prince Yido was spitting image of his father with the spitting copy of the "mind" of Sambong. So I guess that evens it a bit that is how the writers linked it to TWDR? 

• Like 2

On 19/04/2016 at 0:02 AM, oohhkkay said:

The last line of the MV: The lonely person who cannot have the person whom he loves, even though he owns the whole world. T.T

i like how they use the same concept as Queen Seondeok.....

how are you guys doing with withdrawal? i hope everyone is doing okay

hahaha, i still havent watched TWDR, will probably start back from queen seondeok, then six flying dragons, then TWDR

waiting for DVD to come out which probably 1 year from now...........................................

• Like 2

Hello.. Just want to dropping some opinion..

What i hate the most was yoo ah in and shin see kyung never have happy ending twice !!!!! Goshh even in fashion king drama ! They never had  happy ending.

now six flying dragons also made them didnt end up together. What a sad story !!!

huhuhuuuu

i love the ealier ep.. Arround 1-31 and then i feel bong yi choose to be second choice.. Huft.. 

Btw i also notice yoo ah in doesnt have happy ending on jang ok jung drama. His wife died in the end. Lol.

honestly all his drama, the earlier ep its better to watch, then the ending..

i love him the most on "like for likes" 2016 since this romcom movie,with sweet happy ending !

But bangwon the most handsome of yoo ah in drama. Cant i just have bangwon on my life? Hahaha.. 

• Like 5

Heya, not sure if anyone is like me hopelessly trawling the net for fanfics of SFD to read, but I have found on google that there are 2 on asianfanfics, and (finally) 1 on fanfiction.net. Sadly, because there's only one, and it's (I'm pretty sure) new, the community filter page doesn't even exist :( So if anyone is a writer there or anyone is writing...(hint hint?) please post some to grow our lovely community!

• Like 3

As expected SFD and YAI is on the shortlist for Baeksang Awards!

Best Drama competition: She is pretty, 1988, Signal, Dots

Best Actor competition: Nam Gong Min, Song Jong Ki, Joo Won, Joo Jin Woong

TV 드라마 작품상 부문은 MBC ‘그녀는 예뻤다’·SBS ‘육룡이 나르샤’·tvN ‘응답하라 1988’·tvN ‘시그널’·KBS2 ‘태양의 후예’ 등 국내외에서 뜨거운 반응을 모은 히트작이 진을 치고 있다.

연기상 부문에는 남궁민(SBS ‘리멤버’)·송중기(KBS 2TV ‘태양의 후예’)·유아인(SBS ‘육룡이 나르샤’)·조진웅(tvN ‘시그널’)·주원(SBS ‘용팔이’)과 김현주(MBC ‘애인있어요’)·김혜수(tvN ‘시그널’)·라미란(tvN ‘응답하라 1988′)·송혜교(KBS 2TV ‘태양의 후예’)·황정음(MBC ‘그녀는 예뻤다’) 등이 올랐다.

• Like 4

It is also shortlisted on Best Director, Best Script, Best New Actor, in addition to the Best Actor and Best drama.

006fpaPDjw1f3gtf1q0wtj30ls09pq43.jpg006fpaPDjw1f3gtf43j0fj30m609pt9w.jpg006fpaPDjw1f3gtf5queqj30m009t3zx.jpg006fpaPDjw1f3gtf7j3q7j30lv0aljsg.jpg006fpaPDjw1f3gtf9ca49j30me09975e.jpg

I think 1988 may win the best drama and best script......... (tho I love SFD much more, but objectively speaking, I think it may win....)  And worried that YAI will lose the best actor in drama because he was also nominated in best actor for the movies in Sado.............. Can one win best actor in both departments in the same year?????????

• Like 4

Just drop by to give info on the Baeksang Arts Awards nomination list for SFD:

Best Actor/Actor Top Excellence in The TV Series: Yoo Ah In

Best Drama Series: Six Flying Dragons

Best Directing: PD Shin Kyung Soo

Best Scriptwriting:  Kim Young Hyun, Park Sang Yeon

Best Rookie: Byun Yo Han

• Like 4

On 13/4/2016 at 3:34 AM, homura said:

Hey, guys. Long time no see.

Yesterday, South Koreans had general elections, and the lady president's ruling party lost its majority. It was a miracle. I can't believe it. It looked impossible when I was talking with you guys on this thread. However, young voters and the new 3rd party has completely changed the political situation in South Korea. 

I guess Yoo Ah-In would be pleased to see it. When he openly supported a presidential candidate on his tweeter in 2012 presidential election, he had been severely bashed by K-netizens. However, the politician he supported at that time has brought up this positive change today.  I'm really happy about it.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/ap/article-3536951/South-Koreans-polls-parliamentary-election.html

http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nation/2016/04/116_202546.html

I'm sure Yoo Ah In is very pleased to see this. It's truly rare to see an actor who is aware of the political situation and speaks up his mind despite the risk of getting bashed by netizens.

• Like 3

The 52nd Baeksang Arts Awards Nominees

http://isplus.live.joins.com/100sang/Candidate/c_sub1.aspx

Baeksang Arts Awards is one of top 2 prestigious awards in South Korea along with Blue Dragon Awards. However, Baeksang covers not only movies, but also TV dramas, variety shows, documentary films etc. Today, Baeksang announced the list of its nominees. The award ceremony will be held on June 3rd, 2016.

I’m sure Yoo Ah-In would win a best actor award. The question is… in which category? Movie (Crown Prince Sado in “The Throne”) or TV drama (Yi Bang-Won in “Six Flying Dragons”)? I hope both of them.

In addition, SFD is nominated in every TV drama category. Chek out the following list.

tumblr_inline_o6j6xgdTO91s5yhgo_1280.jpg

1. TV category

(Only drama category; I skipped variety show or documentary category)

Best Drama

• MBC She is Pretty 그녀는 예뻤다    
  • tvN Signal 시그널    
  • SBS Six Flying Dragons 육룡이나르샤    
  • tvN Reply 1988 응답하라 1988    
  • KBS Descendents of the Sun 태양의후예   

Best Director

• Kim Won-Seok (Signal) 김원석 (시그널)    
  • Shin Gyeong-Soo (Six Flying Dragons) 신경수 (육룡이나르샤)    
  • Shin Won-Ho (Reply 1988) 신원호 (응답하라 1988)    
  • Yi Eung-Bok, Baek Sang-Hoon (Descendents of the Sun) 이응복, 백상훈 (태양의후예)    
  • Jung Dae-Yoon (She was pretty) 정대윤 (그녀는 예뻤다)    

Best Actor

• Namgung Min (Remember) 남궁민 (리멤버)    
  • Song Jung-Gi (Descendents of the Sun) 송중기 (태양의후예)    
  • Yoo Ah-In (Six Flying Dragons) 유아인 (육룡이나르샤)    
  • Jo Jin-Woong (Signal) 조진웅 (시그널)    
  • Joo Won (Yong-Pal) 주원 (용팔이)    

Best Actress

• Kim Hyeon-Joo (I have a lover) 김현주 (애인있어요)    
  • Kim Hye-Soo (Signal) 김혜수 (시그널)    
  • Ra Mi-Ran (Reply 1988) 라미란 (응답하라 1988)    
  • Song Hye-Gyo (Descendents of the Sun) 송혜교 (태양의 후예)    
  • Hwang Jeong-Eum (She was pretty) 황정음 (그녀는 예뻤다)    

Best New Actor

• Ryu Joon-Yeol (Reply 1988) 류준열 (응답하라 1988)    
  • Byeon Yo-Han (Six Flying Dragons) 변요한 (육룡이 나르샤)    
  • Ahn Jae-Hong (Reply 1988) 안재홍 (응답하라 1988)    
  • Yook Seong-Jae (Who are you - School 2015) 육성재 (후아유-학교2015)    
  • Yi Dong-Hui  (Reply 1988) 이동휘 (응답하라 1988)    

Best New Actress

• Kim Go-Eun (Cheese in the Trap) 김고은 (치즈 인 더 트랩)    
  • Ryu Hye-Young  (Reply 1988) 류혜영 (응답하라 1988)    
  • Park So-Dam (Because It’s The First Time) 박소담 (처음이라서)    
  • Yi Seong-Gyeong (Queen’s Flower) 이성경 (여왕의 꽃)    
  • Hye-Ri  (Reply 1988) 혜리 (응답하라 1988)    

Best script

• Kim Eun-Sook, Kim Won-Seok (Descendents of the Sun) 김은숙,김원석 (태양의후예)    
  • Kim Young-Hyeon, Park Sang-Yeon (Six Flying Dragons) 김영현, 박상연 (육룡이나르샤)    
  • Kim Eun-Hee (Signal) 김은희 (시그널)    
  • Yi Woo-Jeong  (Reply 1988) 이우정 (응답하라 1988)    
  • Yang Hee-Seung (Oh my ghostess) 양희승 (오 나의 귀신님)    

tumblr_inline_o6j6wvAbiS1s5yhgo_1280.jpg

2. Film categroy

Best Movie

• 4th place 4등
  • Inside Men 내부자들
  • DongJu; The Portrait of A Poet 동주
  • Veteran 베테랑
  • Assassination 암살

Best Director

• Ryu Seong-Wan (Veteran) 류승완 (베테랑)
  • Oh Seung-Wook (The Shameless) 오승욱 (무뢰한)
  • Woo Min-Ho (Inside Men) 우민호 (내부자들)
  • Yi Joon-Ik (DongJu; The Portrait of A Poet) 이준익 (동주)
  • Choi Dong-Hoon (Assassination) 최동훈 (암살)

Best New Director

• Kim Seong-Je (Minority Opinion) 김성제 (소수의견)
  • Ahn Gook-Jin (Alice In Earnestland) 안국진 (성실한 나라의 앨리스)
  • Choi Seung-Yeon (Su saek) 최승연 (수색역)
  • Han Joon-Hee (Coinlocker Girl) 한준희 (차이나타운)
  • Hong Won-Chan (O PISEU) 홍원찬 (오피스)

Best Actor

• Baek Yoon-Sik (Inside Men) 백윤식 (내부자들)
  • Song Gang-Ho (The Throne) 송강호 (사도)
  • Yoo Ah-In (The Throne) 유아인 (사도)
  • Yi Byung-Heon (Inside Men) 이병헌 (내부자들)
  • Hwang Jeong-Min (Veteran) 황정민 (베테랑)

Best Actress

• Kim Hye-Soo (Coinlocker Girl) 김혜수 (차이나타운)
  • Yi Jeong-Hyeon (Alice In Earnestland) 이정현 (성실한 나라의 앨리스)
  • Jeon Do-Yeon (The Shameless) 전도연 (무뢰한)
  • Jeon Ji-Hyeon (Assassination)  전지현 (암살)
  • Han Hyo-Joo (The Beauty Inside) 한효주 (뷰티 인사이드)

Best Supporting Actor

• Bae Seong-Woo (O PISEU) 배성우 (오피스)
  • Eom Tae-Goo (Coinlocker Girl) 엄태구 (차이나타운)
  • Oh Dal-Soo (Veteran) 오달수 (베테랑)
  • Yi Gyeong-Young (Minority Opinion) 이경영 (소수의견)
  • Jo Jin-Woong (Assassination) 조진웅 (암살)

Best Supporting Actress

• Ra Mi-Ran (The Himalayas) 라미란 (히말라야)
  • Ryu Hyeon-Gyeong (O PISEU) 류현경 (오피스)
  • Eom Ji-Won (The Silenced) 엄지원 (경성학교 : 사라진 소녀들)
  • Jang Young-Nam (The Classified File) 장영남 (극비수사)
  • Jeon Hye-Jin (The Throne) 전혜진 (사도)

Best New Actor

• Go Gyeong-Pyo (Coinlocker Girl) 고경표 (차이나타운)
  • Park Bo-Geom (Coinlocker Girl) 박보검 (차이나타운)
  • Park Seo-Joon (The Chronicles of Evil) 박서준 (악의 연대기)
  • Park Jeong-Min (DongJu; The Portrait of A Poet) 박정민 (동주)
  • Tae In-Ho (Shadow Island) 태인호 (영도)

Best New Actress

• Gwon So-Hyeon (Madonna) 권소현 (마돈나)
  • Kim Sae-Byeok (A Midsummer’s Fantasia) 김새벽 (한여름의 판타지아)
  • Kim Si-Eun (Su saek) 김시은 (수색역)
  • Park So-Dam (The Priests) 박소담 (검은 사제들)
  • Jung Ha-Dam (Steel flower) 정하담 (스틸 플라워)

Best Script

• Gwak Gyeong-Taek, Han Seung-Woon (The Classified File) 곽경택, 한승운 (극비수사)
  • Ryu Seung-Wan (Veteran) 류승완 (베테랑)
  • Shin Yeon-Seok (DongJu; The Portrait of A Poet) 신연석 (동주)
  • Ahn Gook-Jin (Alice In Earnestland) 안국진 (성실한 나라의 앨리스)
  • Choi Dong-Hoon (Assassination) 최동훈 (암살)
  • Like 6

Byeon Yo-Han is a very strong actor and SFD is his biggest / major role compare to his other past dramas.

He fights well in SFD and l am confident he can do the same against his rivals for the Best Rookie award.:)

• Like 4

@lisafransisca Thank you so much for sharing YAI and SSK's interviews. I love the insights into his acting, how he allowed YBW to evolve over 50 episodes... the explanation behind the tears for JMJ, vs the calm when delivering JDJ his death blow. Truly fascinating!

@homura Am truly excited yet conflicted, seeing my two favourite dramas SFD and Signal competing head to head in 4 categories, which also include ratings juggernaut DotS. Hoping that SFD reaps the rewards it truly deserves! Just disappointed that there is apparently no category for best soundtrack, which I am sure SFD would have been nominated if there were.

• Like 4

I hope SFD can do well in Baeksang Art Awards 2016 including Best Actor TV for Yoo Ah In for his amazing potrayal as Yi Bang Won. Is it possible to get both TV Actor and Film Actor as well? nothing against the other actor nominees in TV Category but Yi Bang Won character is absolutely the most complicated one and Yoo Ah In totally nailed the role.

anyway I'm having SFD syndrom again while watching Master : God of Noodles because I saw Lady Min-Ha Ryun and Lady Min-Moohyul Granny in the same scenes again but just in modern look LOL. 

• Like 2

If only they could nominate han ye ri as new actress award in baeksang....her fighting skill is amazing but i believe they judge every perspective of acting not just in terms of action...but yet, i still think she is one of awesome actresses.

Can we vote online for baeksang awards? or purely based on professional judgement?

I accidentally watched Master: God of Noodles and yeah, miss the Six flying dragons whenever the same cast appeared in the drama....total SIX of them are not a small amount indeed

• Like 4

On 5/2/2016 at 1:11 PM, liddi said:

@lisafransisca Thank you so much for sharing YAI and SSK's interviews. I love the insights into his acting, how he allowed YBW to evolve over 50 episodes... the explanation behind the tears for JMJ, vs the calm when delivering JDJ his death blow. Truly fascinating!

You're welcome :)

10 hours ago, natokajun said:

Can we vote online for baeksang awards? or purely based on professional judgement?

We can vote for "most favorite" in movie and drama categories at the Baeksang official website.

• Like 1