Thank you @liddi for you answer. It's a pity the song isn't on the official soundtrack. It's... it's one of the most beautiful things I heard in my life and believe me - I heard a lot. Byun Yo Han knows how to sing so you coulf feel the real emotion. It's amazing... Antother thing he can do so well. :wub:

• Like 4

Yoo Ah In held a press conference & interview after SFD finished, March 23rd. I found the translations in YAI website

Some interesting points in his itw: He said that Bang Won's tears at Poeun's murder scene was not on the script but his own interpretation. And he said KMM liked to pull some pranks in the filming location :D

• Like 6

I somehow feel glad to know that they also could not seem to move on....6 months of filming....wont be easy for them to forget the moments

i also agree yoo ah in and shin se kyung are having good chemistry on screen but not much during BTS except during the award event last year!

lol.....this thread seems like dead already....either all of fans are still in withdrawal or already moved on to the next drama......

• Like 8

POWERFUL! INTENSE! COMPELLING!

These are only a few superlatives to describe for Six Flying dragons. My faith has been restored in sageuks. It was the ultimate battle of wills between all six dragons. In the end the mightiest and most tenacious dragon prevailed and paved the way for all their visions and dreams to be fulfilled. Perhaps I am the last person on earth to have seen this drama, but I needed to move on and get things off my chest

When I first learned of SFD, I was very skeptical as to how this drama would pan out. Another 50 episode saguek. I thought arduous and lengthy, but why not if they’ve got Kim Myung-min, man of the hour Yoo Ah In and Chun Ho-jin at the helm. But still what was the assurance that the writers would do them justice. Flashback to another 50 episode saguek 3 years or so ago, that attempted to attain the kind of accomplishment that SFD achieved to this date. It started strong and very promising only to fall flat on its face and towards the end fizzled out into an epic failure due to poor writing and indecision. It had its moments here and there but it wasn’t enough to sustain its credibility in the end. However, it seems like a disservice and an insult to make such comparisons to SFD since, that sageuk was more hype than substance, Six Flying Dragons hit the home run in every single episode. It took every ounce of will on my part to wait until the culmination of this drama before I had to start watching. I wanted to enjoy and savor this drama continuously and not be embroiled in any form of hype of what’s to come next. I believe I made the right decision.

Yoo Ah In was purely and exceptionally superb in his interpretation of the passionate and young passionate and sometimes overly zealous Yi Bang Won. He was riveting and prevailing as Jeongan,   I couldn’t get enough of this guy. Yoo Ah In was just fascinatingly mesmerizing as Yi Bangwon/Jeongan. It didn’t matter that his character was a little offbeat. Yoo Ah In made Yi Bang Won/Jeongan so commanding and compellingly enticing. I was solely rooting out for him to the end. This guy has such strong charisma, that he can make such deplorable acts seem so justifiable. I was totally in his camp and truly believed Jeongan’s cause and means. His Jeongan was a mixture of audacity, boldness and fearlessness. His portrayal is so clear-cut I could actually forgive Jeongan’s brazenness. Yoo Ah In is a true thespian, and I was spell bound by this guy’s genius in acting. Even as he discards anybody who gets in his way to the throne with the flick of a sword. YAI was Machiavellian oozing with charisma. This drama needed no excuses, no wavering, no second thoughts. The writers were formidable and exacting much like the Prince. I couldn’t help but watch in awe as Jeongan walked away from Sambong’s lifeless form with head held high, and merely walked past Boon Yi’s with an air of conviction and resolve that needed No explanation, No apologies. Not even an ounce of regret for his actions. Yeah! NO PRISONERS TAKEN! - Yoo Ah In is as astounding as he was fearsome as the Prince. His Jeongan was truly THE MAN! Such aplomb! His portrayal emanated power from within making one applaud the Prince’s atrocious act if only for his audacity and certitude. But then again, that’s what made this sageuk and its actors so powerful and commandingly superior.

Now, let’s talk about THAT super hot swordsman! Yi Bang Ji. Byun Yo Han was smokin’ smouldering awesome as the Best swordsman of Samhan. His soulful, quiet and sensitive rendition of a swordsman was such a dreamboat. Next project please! The sword fight scenes were a total kick-richard simmons. From Sa Gwang to Gil Sun Mi/Tae mi, Bang Ji as well as Moo Hyul. They were all splendidly choreographed. My only lament was Bang Ji’s character started strong in the beginning then sort of like coasted along to the finale. The fight scenes were impressive. Regrettably, they weren’t able to utilize BYH’s character to its maximum potential. Perhaps doing so would have drawn away from the main characters of Jeong Do Jeon and Bang Won.  Moo Hyul was a revelation in the end. He takes home the price for most improved character in this drama. From a bumbling, funny and adorable wanna be swordsman to the Best Swordsman of the Joseon era. We witnessed his maturity and growth in character.  If anything Jeongan’s resoluteness and courage rubbed off on him finally, enough to teach him how to stand by one’s ideals unwaveringly and take responsibility for one’s actions no matter the outcome.. In the end Myoo Hyul developed character. I was dreading a confrontation between Bang Ji and Moo Hyul. I’m so glad the writers thought the better of it and let Bang Ji fade away into a new beginning somewhere.

Kim Myung-min is always marvelous. I love all his works. He gave justice to the vilified Jeong Do Jeun and let people see his weaknesses and his strength of purpose. His character’s sense of idealism was unrivaled but I can’t help but think that he was also an intellectual snob. Kim Myung-min was such a remarkable Jeong Do Jeon. His No quarter asked, No quarter given  stance, before he died from Prince Jeongan’s sword, was truly admirable, I salute JDJ for his nerve.

This sageuk is everything as it should be and so much more. The beginning to the finale kept me on the edge of my seat, not knowing what to expect. Thankfully the writers did not disappoint. It was truly enthralling and captivating to say the least. It was such a great ride, I never wanted the series to end. The plots were all exceptionally planned and executed to perfection.  Bravo to the creators, the writers, the director, the think tanks, the researchers and most specially the ACTORS. This drama’s SOLID writing steered these magnificent actors to perform their best work, and the actors’ impeccable performance inspired the writers to pen their finest literature. What great compliment to each other’s work.

It is a classic. I love that the story had a lot of twists and turns. It kept me guessing the whole time. While we already know how it all ended (well, we can’t change history), the writers did a thorough research on what might have happened in the in betweens during those times. I love that they explored the what ifs and what could have beens. Theoretically the storytelling was very plausible, which is what made it such a great watch. Each episode was captivating and so very well written No alternate endings that needed to cater to the emotional state and preference of the viewers. No fan service, no pop acts or idol antics needed to boost the ratings. Just pure unadulterated masterful performance by Yoo Ah In, Kim Myung-min and the Tour de Force cast. It was very well crafted from start to finish, and therein lies the strength of the drama itself.  The creators and writers were as DECISIVE in penning this masterpiece as Yoo Ah In’s Jeongan was unwavering and RESOLUTE in his actions as he took measures to secure his future as the king.

Six Flying Dragons gave us the ride of our lives. It was indeed one great flight, a class act in itself. It was certainly an exciting and fascinating journey

Congratulations to Six Flying Dragons……now off to see the Sun, the king dragon has flown the coop.

• Like 14

tumblr_inline_o55wqk9Oyc1s5yhgo_540.jpg

The result of 2016 Chunsa Film Festival was just announced.

Congratulations, Yoo Ah-In (Bang-Won in SFD) and Jo Jin-Woong (Moo-Hyul in TWDR). Yoo Ah-In won the best actor award by his performance in “The Throne (사도, 2015)” and Jo Jin-Woong won the best supporting actor award by “Assassination (암살, 2015)”

The List of Winners

Spoiler

Best Director 감독상

• The Throne 사도 - Yi Joon-Ik 이준익
  • The Shameless 무뢰한 - Oh Seung-Wook 오승욱
  • Right Now, Wrong Then 지금은 맞고 그때는 틀리다 - Hong Sang-Soo 홍상수
  • Assassination 암살 - Choi Dong-Hoon 최동훈
  • Inside Men 내부자들 - Woo Min-Ho 우민호

Best Script 각본상

• The Throne 사도 - Jo Cheol-Hyeon 조철현
  • Assassination 암살 - Choi Dong-Hoon 최동훈
  • Inside Men 내부자들 - Woo Min-Ho 우민호
  • Minority Opinion 소수의견 - Son A-Ram 손아람

Best Actor 남우주연상     

• The Throne 사도 - Yoo Ah-In 유아인
  • The Tiger 대호 - Choi Min-Sik 최민식
  • Right Now, Wrong Then 지금은맞고그때는틀리다 - Jung Jae-Young 정재영
  • Inside Men 내부자들 - Lee Byong-Hun 이병헌
  • REVIVRE 화장 - Ahn Seong-Gi 안성기

Best Actress 여우주연상     

• The Shameless 무뢰한 - Jeon Do-Yeon 전도연
  • Right Now, Wrong Then 지금은맞고그때는틀리다 - Kim Min-Hee 김민희
  • Assassination 암살 - Jeon Ji-Hyeon 전지현
  • Alice In Earnestland 성실한 나라의 앨리스 - Lee Jung-Hyeon 이정현
  • Coinlocker Girl 차이나타운 - Kim Hye-Soo 김혜수

Best Supporting Actor 남우조연상     

• Assassination 암살 - Jo Jin-Woong 조진웅
  • Inside Men 내부자들 - Baek Yoon-Sik 백윤식
  • Minority Opinion 소수의견 - Yi Gyeong-Young 이경영
  • O PISEU, Office 오피스 - Bae Seong-Woo 배성우
  • Veteran 베테랑 - Oh Dal-Soo 오달수

Best Supporting Actress 여우조연상     

• The Throne 사도 - Jeon Hye-Jin 전혜진
  • Minority Opinion 소수의견 - Kim Ok-Bin 김옥빈
  • REVIVRE 화장 - Kim Ho-Jeong 김호정
  • The Himalayas 히말라야 - Ra Mi-Ran 라미란
  • The Silenced 경성학교: 사라진 소녀들 - Eom Ji-Won 엄지원

Technology 기술상     

• The Tiger 대호 - 4th Creative Party
  • Assassination 암살 - Kim Woo-Hyeong 김우형
  • The Himalayas 히말라야 - Hong Jang-Pyo 홍장표
  • The Silenced 경성학교: 사라진 소녀들 - Han A-Reum 한아름
  • Veteran 베테랑 - Choi Young-Hwan 최영환

Best New Director 신인감독상     

• The Priests 검은 사제들 - Jang Jae-Hyeon 장재현
  • Minority Opinion 소수의견 - Kim Seong-Je 김성제
  • Socialphobia 소셜포비아 - Hong Seok-Jae 홍석재

Best New Actor 신인남우상     

• Socialphobia 소셜포비아 - Ryu Jun-Yeol 류준열
  • Socialphobia 소셜포비아 - Byun Yo-Han 변요한
  • The Chronicles of Evil 악의 연대기 - Park Seo-Joon 박서준
  • Twenty 스물 - Kang Ha-Neul 강하늘

Best New Actress 신인여우상     

• The Priests 검은 사제들 - Park So-Dam 박소담
  • The Treacherous 간신 - Cha Ji-Yeon 차지연
  • The Treacherous 간신 - Yi Yoo-Young 이유영
  • Madonna 마돈나 - Gwon So-Hyeon 권소현

•  
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, trueTamao . said:

re watching this drama, here n there,

anyone still remember which episode when they all gather together and telling everyone their dream?

Thanks

@trueTamao . That is Ep30, from the 37:03min mark onwards... starting from the dreams of those at the table - YJR (a warm poem), JYG (leaving his name in history), JDJ (writing books)... to the dreams of the common people... MH (to protect the one who makes people smile), YBJ (to realise BY's dream), and YBW (to realise all their dreams and make people smile). That scene, rewatched truly makes me ache... knowing what we do now, of their fate down the road, and the outcome of their dreams :tears:

• Like 8

4 hours ago, liddi said:

@trueTamao . That is Ep30, from the 37:03min mark onwards... starting from the dreams of those at the table - YJR (a warm poem), JYG (leaving his name in history), JDJ (writing books)... to the dreams of the common people... MH (to protect the one who makes people smile), YBJ (to realise BY's dream), and YBW (to realise all their dreams and make people smile). That scene, rewatched truly makes me ache... knowing what we do now, of their fate down the road, and the outcome of their dreams :tears:

I like that scene. That is the happiest moment for everyone.

And Bang Won actually remember that scene and he must hold it in his heart for remembering that.

• Like 7

hi guys, how are you coping with the withdrawal?

good news, they released the main ost (compilation) on 4th april. Only TWO new songs 나만뜻 by warak and 하날히 브리시니  by Joo In Ro and Kim Soo Jin ft Lee Bong Geun, the rest are recycled ones.....the english title for background music also available now....seems like everyone including bangwon, boonyi, ddangsae, moohyul, sambong and even cho young got their own theme...too bad no theme for taejo and yeonhee....yoonrang and ha ryun's theme also were not included.

• Like 6

@natokajun Am grateful for the extra two pieces in the compilation soundtrack, but find it really a shame that it is not comprehensive - the OST Part 8 is not included, as well as other pieces that I truly love... especially 간난이 이러하시니 by illi (OST Part 5), which vividly evokes the terrible circumstances leading to YBW's final entreaty and Poeun's death on Seonjukkyu bridge. I too always associate that scene with  불휘 기픈 남가 Bangwon's Nature, which is also among my all-time favourites... a heartrending portrait of YBW's gradual transformation. And it is also such a shame that the soundtrack in Ep36 at the 26:57min mark when YBW comforts the shuddering JYG after killing Poeun does not appear to be featured in any of the released OSTs... any idea if it was, but I just missed it? I will always remember the tragic music that perfectly depicted the two men, far more than master and follower, far closer than brothers, walking side by side into the night, into the destiny that they have carved by their very deeds that night.

I miss them.

• Like 5

On 4/5/2016 at 4:57 AM, liddi said:

thx, just finished watching, happens to be the same episode where Bang Woon decided to turn his back on JDJ due to Five Rules

• Like 3

Hi, everyone! How have you been doing? Still have some Dragons withdrawals like me? Here's an english subbed bts of their last filming with messages from Yoo Ah In and Shin Se Kyung. Might not be perfect but should be easy enough to understand. :D

Spoiler

• Like 6

Oh boy, can't seem to say good bye, I am rewatching and I think I will re-watch many more times after the rewatch. SSK and YAI are very well matched in this kind of love but let go scenarios. They fill and break the heart at the  same time. 

I just want to say thank you to all the friends who posted and discussed and debated in this drama, to Nevill who started the thread, to @homura patiently giving us answers, information and historical background to understand the drama. Thank you all for your company and making this a lively, lovely, poetic and romantic watch. On to my re-watch both SFD and TWDR. I just have to meet the characters that made this the best of the best drama again. Muyiya .....for me that was what it was all about 

• Like 9

On 3/27/2016 at 0:18 PM, homura said:

Which story is more reliable to you? Sambong who creeps and crawls to Bang-Won? Or Sambong who chooses to die honorably and leave a poem? Another self-contradictory records in the annals for sure.

I would vote for the last one where Sambong chooses to die honorably and leave a poem. 

• Like 4

For star Yoo Ah-in, it’s lonely at the top

Actor took a chance on sympathetic portrayal of Joseon king in drama

Apr 11,2016

"..... The act of trying to capture power is like trying to become a celebrity, and the act of trying to set oneself apart to become the last one standing at the top of the pyramid is so lonely. Being an actor is just like that."

full news article :-

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/Article.aspx?aid=3017360

• Like 6