5 hours ago, oohhkkay said:

You like Faith too! I was crazy about Faith then when it was aired, and I thought about going to Choi Young's tomb (but I didn't haha). I went to quite a few of the drama filming places of Faith though. And in one of them, I happened to meet LMH when he was there being interviewed by a Japanese program. hahahahahahaha, that was one of the most memorable things that I have encountered in Korea.

You were? Were you on the Faith thread - it went on forever even after the drama was over. I think there were more than 4000 pages in the end, everyone was so crazy. Anyway thanks to Faith I became such an avid fan of Korean history, and now with TWDR and SFD, the deal was sealed. And I can only say over and over how grateful I am for posters like you who are so kind to translate various information, and of course @homura who made our viewing pleasure that much more pleasurable. Can't begin to say how special SFD is because of all of you.

Envious that you actually met LMH - he will forever be Daejang for me. I thought YAI will forever be Gulro for me, and now it turns out he is also forever Yi Bang Won! And it truly helps that there are no likenesses of YBW that still exist.. well it's sad, honestly, but it fans my fantasies. Heheh.

10 hours ago, nevill said:

Shin Se-kyung promises to visit Yoo Ah-in in Army

By Kim Ji-young (kpop herald)

Actress Shin Se-kyung promised Yoo Ah-in she would visit him once he enlists in the Korean military, in a recent interview with a local media outlet.

“I‘m not sure if Yoo Ah-in is really giving much thought about the enlistment,” she said. 

“If he allows it, I’ll surely visit him once he‘s in the Army. Possibly with a picnic box.”

The two celebrities have continued their close friendship since 2012, while starring in the TV drama series “Fashion King.” The two met once again in the recent historical fiction drama “Six Flying Dragons,” as the male and female lead characters.

MOD EDIT: Please do NOT quote images.

http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201603291500354473914_2
to read more:

I loved them in Fashion King and much more here, in Six Flying Deagons.  They look compatible together.  I'm looking forward for them to be real sweethearts.  YAI has not been involved with any girl yet, correct me if I am wrong.  

• Like 6

2 hours ago, ardently said:

I loved them in Fashion King and much more here, in Six Flying Deagons.  They look compatible together.  I'm looking forward for them to be real sweethearts.  YAI has not been involved with any girl yet, correct me if I am wrong.  

they are so sweet to one another - i loved them in FK too

but i do think that YAI was or is in a relationship? i thought he said so in an interview - i dont remember which - that he is very happy that he is in a relationship, it was a while back so maybe its no longer relevant 

• Like 1

@ardently Same, I became a fan since Fashion King. When I heard they were reuniting in SFD I was so excited to see them again! They are amazing on screen but off screen is a different story, not much chemistry BTS. lol I know they admire each other as actors so that's good.

And that article about her visiting him in the army with a picnic lunch, LOL SSK is a funny and cute actress.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, neenavaj said:

@ardently Same, I became a fan since Fashion King. When I heard they were reuniting in SFD I was so excited to see them again! They are amazing on screen but off screen is a different story, not much chemistry BTS. lol I know they admire each other as actors so that's good.

And that article about her visiting him in the army with a picnic lunch, LOL SSK is a funny and cute actress.

Actually, I became a fan of YAI when I saw him in Sunkyunkwan Scandal.  Since then, I began rooting for him.  I have watched almost all his dramas and movies.  

• Like 3

I, too, have been mourning the loss of SFD in my weekly life. Thanks to all for all your insights.

Started watching Tree again to help with the loss... But had a question... Hoping someone can shed some light.  maybe @homura? My question is... In SFD everyone was using tables with chairs and raised beds.  But in Tree the same surviving characters are all sitting on the floor and sleeping on mats on the floor (royalty too).  I know that sagueks based in Joseon period tend to be on the floor and sagueks based in Goryeo period had chairs and beds.  But was that change to the floor that quick?  (I.e. within Yi Banwon's reign). Also, what was the reason for it?

Thanks!

• Like 7

No more Six Flying Dragons this week :( This drama is definitely one of my favorite dramas ever, how can I move on?

Working on multiple videos seems like the answer :) Hope you enjoy this one.

And of course thank you @homura for all your hard work. Your posts truly made everything more interesting and enjoyable. As a way of dealing with the withdrawal symptoms I've been rereading all of your tumblr posts :) 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, affistar said:

I, too, have been mourning the loss of SFD in my weekly life. Thanks to all for all your insights.

Started watching Tree again to help with the loss... But had a question... Hoping someone can shed some light.  maybe @homura? My question is... In SFD everyone was using tables with chairs and raised beds.  But in Tree the same surviving characters are all sitting on the floor and sleeping on mats on the floor (royalty too).  I know that sagueks based in Joseon period tend to be on the floor and sagueks based in Goryeo period had chairs and beds.  But was that change to the floor that quick?  (I.e. within Yi Banwon's reign). Also, what was the reason for it?

Thanks!

There are two reasons for the sudden change of life style.

First, the widespread acceptance of Ondol System (Korean traditional underfloor heating system) in the late Goryeo and Early Joseon period. Ondol made it possible to spend cold days in a warm house without indoor brazier. Lying and sitting on the heated floor was far more comfortable than on bed or chair.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondol

Second, Confucius said "The firm, the enduring, the simple, and the modest are near to virtue." Therefore, Joseon's Confucian Sadaebu class rejected Goryeo's luxurious culture of Buddhism and nobility, and regarded simplicity and frugality as their main virtue. You may remember in the latter part of SFD that low class people were forbidden to wear silk outfits. King Taejong (Yi Bang-Won) expelled Buddhism and established Confucianism as the National ideology. Accordingly, even royal family and noble class favored such a static, simple, and meditative life style.

• Like 9

19 hours ago, azzurri said:

You were? Were you on the Faith thread - it went on forever even after the drama was over. I think there were more than 4000 pages in the end, everyone was so crazy. Anyway thanks to Faith I became such an avid fan of Korean history, and now with TWDR and SFD, the deal was sealed. And I can only say over and over how grateful I am for posters like you who are so kind to translate various information, and of course @homura who made our viewing pleasure that much more pleasurable. Can't begin to say how special SFD is because of all of you.

Envious that you actually met LMH - he will forever be Daejang for me. I thought YAI will forever be Gulro for me, and now it turns out he is also forever Yi Bang Won! And it truly helps that there are no likenesses of YBW that still exist.. well it's sad, honestly, but it fans my fantasies. Heheh.

I wasn't on the Faith thread. I just registered this soompi account for this first time for SFD hahahahahaha. Probably because LMH was a lot more popular, more people were watching Faith in the places i frequent, so I got a lot more discussion opportunities. This time for SFD, I can't find any other places for discussion other than here, so here I am hahahahahahaha

One is usually lucky for those actors whom the person is not truly a fan of. haha. I still remember his assistant asked me if I was a big fan of his when I asked for his autograph, and I said no lol. wahahahahahahahahahaha

And yes, I will think of YAI forever now when I see the name YBW from now on.

• Like 1

Screen caps - Six Flying Dragons Finale - Boon Yi and Bang Won Ending Scenes + Boon Yi and Lee Do

by  mslee1107

For now I will just share a few screen caps of Bang Won and Boon Yi. I loved the scenes. It was a beautiful closure for the romantic part of their story in SFD. I am satisfied at how the story ended with them together in the last frame. They are that One True Pair in k-drama that will always bring that haunting yet beautiful and sad emotions in a viewer's heart. What they have is forever. 

I cried watching these scenes. That hairpin on her head and when she touched it while Bang Won was staring at her...so much feels! I think my heart would burst!  As additional bonus, I decided to share some screen caps when Boon Yi met Lee Do, Bang Won's son and the future King Sejong the great. That moment was also sentimental.

I have yet to post my thoughts on the last 4 episodes of the drama. I promise to share them even if late. Again, I am still trying to gather my thoughts so I can put into words all the things I want to say about this epic drama.

Just adding that Yoo Ah In is tremendously amazing. He is Bang Won personified, He completely and convincingly played the role perfectly. Hats off to you Yoo Ah In. Great actor.

to read more:

http://mslee1107wanderingthoughts.blogspot.co.il/search/label/six%20flying%20dragons

• Like 4

I couldn't keep up with this thread while the drama was still ongoing - it was too much (but I read from time to time and @homura - once again thank you for all your explanation about the real events in the history!). Now the drama is finished and I can't express how sad I am because of that. It was the best long saeguk I've seen so far and one of the best saeguks at all. 

It made me cry so much, then feel so happy and so hooked - I couldn't stop watching. It made politics really interesting. And the actors - gosh! Can't say how impressed I am by Kim Myung Min, Yoo Ah In and, of course, Byun Yo Han. And most of the rest of the cast. Well done!

There were few things I didn't like (like i.e. it seems dramalords forgot to develop Boon Yi i Yi Bang Ji characters, from some time they seem to stop evolving, that's pity, those were good characters and since they're fictional, dramalords could "go wild" with them, but their potential was a bit unexploited) but I can live with that 'cause the drama didn't bore me even a bit - even a second! Usually long saeguks are a bit boring in the middle, some of them till the end but with SFD that's not the case. And that's amazing job. :) Good, memorable lines, great characters, awesome fighting scenes - wow!
Of course now I watch Tree with deep roots. I started this drama some time ago but stopped after like 2 episodes. One reason was that subtitles weren't synchronized, and the second - the beginning is full of names of ppl I don't know that are dead but seem v. important for the story - I couldn't get the idea of the story. Now it's more than understandable. It's good to watch TWDR after SFD, really. 
Few things weren't identical between those 2 dramas but characters seem ok to me. Bang Ji - my favourite character - I can totally understand why he lives somewhere in the woods and doesn't want to teach Ddol Bok. Bang Won is Bang Won - Yoo Ah In done perfect job to show his character developing into the person he is in TWDR. Mo Hyul... I admit I was mad at MH at the end of SFD. That big but somehow innocent man slaughtering without thinking armless scholar??? I couldn't believe it. I heard that he's still lovely, innocent man in TWDR. Now I know it suit to Mo Hyul in TWDR - he is the person ready to kill innocent (annoying but still) child to protect the king (also in TWDR Yi Do is probably my favourite character :D ). 
Phew! I did my best to made myself short and understandable. Hope it worked. ;) I really should learn more English...

• Like 7

23 hours ago, homura said:

There are two reasons for the sudden change of life style.

First, the widespread acceptance of Ondol System (Korean traditional underfloor heating system) in the late Goryeo and Early Joseon period. Ondol made it possible to spend cold days in a warm house without indoor brazier. Lying and sitting on the heated floor was far more comfortable than on bed or chair.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondol

Second, Confucius said "The firm, the enduring, the simple, and the modest are near to virtue." Therefore, Joseon's Confucian Sadaebu class rejected Goryeo's luxurious culture of Buddhism and nobility, and regarded simplicity and frugality as their main virtue. You may remember in the latter part of SFD that low class people were forbidden to wear silk outfits. King Taejong (Yi Bang-Won) expelled Buddhism and established Confucianism as the National ideology. Accordingly, even royal family and noble class favored such a static, simple, and meditative life style.

Thank you dear. I've been always admired and amazed with Korea for the floor heating system. Even Europe countries dont have them.

On 30/03/2016 at 1:33 PM, ardently said:

Actually, I became a fan of YAI when I saw him in Sunkyunkwan Scandal.  Since then, I began rooting for him.  I have watched almost all his dramas and movies.  

I actually known Yoo ah in since strongest chilwoo. My first impression like why this pretty boy so >.< he was so rooting chilwoo (eric's character).

Thank God, finally they released the yalli songs! both byun yohan and gab boon version!!! I hope you guys aware of it >,< but i expected they would release more songs but they just release two tracks so a bit disappointed.

I still havent watched tree with deep roots. cannot move on tbh..................T.T

• Like 1

@natokajun Thank you so much for letting us know that Song of the Green Mountain is finally released! BYH's version never fails to move me to tears... and I actually love it more than his version of Mu Yi Yi Ya (of which my favourite is the full choir version). I truly hope that they will release the complete instrumental soundtrack as well - it has always saddened me that Tree's instrumental soundtrack, which boasts such a treasure trove of incredible pieces, was never released.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, misscinemaobsessive said:

Someone please take sony vegas away from me!

I can't stop making videos and I'm missing this drama so much :bawling:

And I started watching Nirvana in Fire to deal with the pain :P I'm only in episode 6 but so far is really interesting.

very beautiful and cute - made me miss the show so (thats why i come here all the time)

Hey, guys! The soundtrack is going to be released soon! Wooohoooo!!!

But...

The track list is in hangyl.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/six-flying-dragons-ost-cd-dvd-sbs-tv-drama/1049388904-0-0-0-en/info.html

I don't understand korean (4 years of watching k-dramas didn't make me understand that language - shame on me!) - maybe you guys do. I was wondering if in the track list there's a song sung by Byun Yo Han. Not Mu-yi-yi-ya, 'cause I'm sure that song will be on the soundtrack since it was so important in the story and so many times we could hear it. I mean that song:

I love this song and the way he sings it. It's so full of pain and sorrow...

Any help??

• Like 1

@cedarwood I don't read Hangul either but from what I can see, Song of the Green Mountain 청산별곡 is not in the tracklist, which is a real shame. Is this the official and final release of the SFD soundtracks? Hoping that a complete OST is forthcoming.

However, the just released OST Part 8 finally features both versions (BYH and Lee Cho Hee & BYH) of the song.

• Like 5