Episode 50 spoilers part 4

Spoiler

BY walks away. She thinks of memories of her and BW. She cries as she thinks of BW. She touches the hairpin in her hair.

Whoa. Time has passed and now BY is elderly. (Elderly BY is still wearing the hairpin.) BY is walking to a village where they're singing and also learning hangul.

OMG tie into TWDR, characters from TWDR are appearing. <3 Everyone is talking with BY.

• Like 7

Just now, honeywell said:

This part gave me the chills.  I believe this was also said in Tree.  Yoon Gyun Sang is spot on as the younger MH.  Both actors gave the same intensity with this line.  About time MH got his dragon title.  It only took 49 episodes.

Yep, I think it was a nice caption to tie in with TWDR. But Moo Hyul really changes in tree.

I guess it's probably because compared to Sejong, he'll be more used to how bad the world can get. 

From our chivalrous warrior-nim he's going to turn into someone who is single mindedly trying to defend his King. (No big big spoilers for tree, but well, there's loyalty there too.)

From the previews of ep 48 we could all tell MH would go back for Bang Won, but even as he was yelling his dragon title... I am not entirely convinced he has regained his trust in BW,

He did go back to save him, but that would be because of lingering guilt.

I think the current MH still feels that what BW did was wrong, that he can only truly serve "Someone who will practise politics that will make people smile. Politics that will make people satisfied."

I'm eagerly waiting for the last ep to come onto viki (If any of our subbers/seggers/translators are here, thanks a bunch you all are really fast and super awesome!), but more than all the fights, (Go Cheok Sa Gwang) I'm looking forward to see the bridge between SFD and TWDR.

But backtracking...the break up scene when BW was thinking back to Young Gyu, MH, Ji Ran, Bang Gwa, Sam Bong, Nam Eun, Jo Joon, oof, the feels.

The half-half contrasts were a very nice touch, a serious punch to the gut.

• Like 7

Episode 50 spoilers part 5

Spoiler

Elderly BY talking to others in the village about JDJ. She then leaves.

She goes to JDJ's grave; bows and talks to him. She sits down and looks at paper with hangul letters. And talks about what Lee Do has done. She lies down and closes her eyes.

The young girl BY was walking with comes back. BY has passed away.

Now flashback to when BY see young Lee Do at the beach. BY is walking again. BW sees BY. They go for a walk and talk. 

They look at each other. BW tells her that he missed her.

Now it cuts back to BW and MH talking. BY is walking by herself as BW thinks to himself. 

BY stops walking and talks off the hairpin and looks at it.

Back at the beach BW is talking. BW says something to MH. BW puts a hand on Lee Do's shoulder and walks away.

Now the dragon titles appear for everyone again. 

The end.

• Like 7

thanks for the spoiler all....just come here today because i cant control my feelings yeah this is the last one....hiks...i have mixed feelings today...i keep think about the ending since this morning..yeah my worries right now is just the ending of this drama

what a sad and beautiful ending.........its really mixed feeling just by read all your spoiler...i cant wait to watch with the engsub one tomorrow...

boonyi bangwon....ah you really be a part until the end???i hope a miracle that you two can be together, but yeah dramagod isnt on my side right now..i love their story...simple yet real....

yeah BY BW isnt the main story here...i love everything about this drama...EVERYTHING!!!!i cant find a single things that i hate about this drama...i adore all actor, the story, the directing....perfect saeguk...its been a long time since i watch saeguk with this kind of taste...perfect taste in my mouth....my eyes feel thankful with all the beautiful things from this drama...

one thing that i am very thankful from this drama...i learn about korean history...i learn about every tragedy in this drama...yeah i love history...watch it and reading it really fun and yeah i want more....this kind of drama, i dont know when i will get it again...

thank for wasting my precious 50 hours with this great drama......its really worth to waste that long hours in my seat, i always feel nerves in that seat every episode...and no episode that not makes my jaw dropped...awesome....great....i will miss all the character since 1st episode until the last episode...thanks for being my first 50 episode drama ended so beautifully with a great ups and down journey..its really give awesome sensation....thanks SFD....

• Like 6

wahhhh....its officially ended???????i still cant believe it...i watch it for almost 50 hours already (still 48 hours actually but will be 50 hours tomorrow)..i will have the worst withdrawal i think...its the longest episode drama that i ever watch....i miss the 1st episode already after see the young lee do...i miss the young bangwon...T.T.....yeah i think i will cry a river tomorrow...hiks hiks....i hope i can watch this kind of drama again in future,,,,

once again thank you all for the update...spoiler and screen capture...my first time here but already must said goodbye....TT.TT

• Like 6

I'm crying. It's over and my heart is bleeding. Such a wonderful drama from start to finish. There were slower episodes and exhilarating ones, but never a bad one. So so so good. 

Spoiler

Even though I don't understand much of what was said in Ep 50, as there was a LOT of talking, it seemed like a good ending. A little rushed because Strife 2 was only indicated by the scene where Bang Gan has been arrested and is in that horrible prison place where even BW had been tortured before. Other events are just mentioned ie deaths of the Min brothers (thank you @Ayame for recapping and explaining this), but I appreciated so much that the ending was for closure between BW and BY. I can't write much until I watch with subs tomorrow, but for me the ending was poignant. Now a powerful and able King, BW seeks out MH and I'm assuming asks him to become Yi Do's bodyguard. And then goes to look for BY on her little idyllic island. 

At first it seemed that BY refused to meet BW and only watched him from afar, but then at the very end we go back to that scene and it turns out as BY was walking away BW came to her. I usually dislike flashback scenes as they are usually fillers to make up for lack of time to film more scenes, but I thought the flashbacks in this episode was utilised effectively. I was particularly moved when BY recalled her scenes through the years with BW - the scene where he declared he would love her till the day he dies, and the time they played in the snow and the scene where he tells her all he wants is for her to be smiling somewhere. Ahhh... my heart is breaking for them and yet to me it was the right ending. I don't know if this is right, but I felt that she wore her hair up like a married woman, and kept wearing the hair pin he gave her because to her, she was married to him - even if they were never together. And he seemed extremely pleased to see her continue to wear it too.

Anyway... as always waiting for uri @homura's wonderful insights... and will probably write some more tomorrow after I watch with subs! I don't want to say goodbye just yet!! Will probably start rewatching TWDR tomorrow just to prolong it. Anyone game? :)

• Like 11

@azzurri You're welcome. I do tend to recap final episodes of dramas I like, it seems haha. I really like your interpretation of BY, and I agree that BY wore her hair up like a married woman with the hairpin, because she felt as if they were married.

I also might end up re-watching TWDR as well.

• Like 8

@nevill, since I'm so hopeless without subs, that's just my assumption. Because it didn't seem like there was any husband around when they showed her after the two year time jump. Not sure about the daughter - there was the little girl who called her grandma at the end, but it's not certain they're blood related. Anyway as I said, I could be wrong about that, but it warms my romantic heart were it to be true. :wub::P

• Like 9

why am I here reading spoilers!!! because I can't wait for what happened and how it ended. thank you @Ayame for the recap. I am having mixed emotions since late this afternoon when I watched ep 49. Reading your post and all comments here makes me want to cry but I am trying to still my emotions. It's been a while since a great drama has come my way, particularly saeguk and this one will always be a favorite. My BY and BW shipping heart is feeling sad, but I think the ending has given a nice closure for their what-might-have-been-if-only . Though the romance is not the central focus of the story, hope never left viewers that something good will eventually happen. episode 49 gave me one of the best conversations between Bang Won and Boon Yi. It showed how deeply connected they are to each other and how that connection can make Bang Won look deep inside of him to once again be that Bang Won whom Boon Yi had known when they were younger and just dreaming of a new world.

I like that there was a time jump and showing older characters.

can't wait to wtch with subs tomorrow...

• Like 7

I was going to wait until the final episode was completely subbed before giving any thoughts, but I couldn't wait. (I guess when it is subbed I'll give more thoughts again.) I've watched dramas for years now, and have seen saeguks in the past, but honestly this is the best one I've seen up to now. With it being 50-episodes and all, I wasn't sure what to expect, but started it due to liking the actors/actresses as well as having liked TWDR... and I was not disappointed. This drama was everything I hoped for and more. The BW & BY fangirl in me is a bit sad, but this is the most realistic ending there could be, and I'm still satisfied with it in the end. I got the closure that I wanted.

I'll also be looking forward if the SFD cast does anything together from now on (and also the wrap-up party). Watching all the BTS and seeing all the instagram updates, I really enjoy how all the actors/actresses and drama staff looked like they were having so much fun together, I'll actually really miss that. 

I have so many other thoughts in my mind, but I'll stop here since it's actually 6AM here. (When dramas air live in Korea, it's always 3AM where I am lol. My poor sleep schedule, haha. At least I'm on spring break from university this entire week.)

But yeah, those are my thoughts for now. I'll post more later. I'm having withdrawal symptoms already, though. I'll probably keep checking the thread regular for the next few days (or maybe longer haha).

• Like 9