What I like about this series is that no character is truly the villain.  In the end all of the characters are just fighting for their dreams and survival.  The most tragic thing is that so many innocent lives were taken because the two sides (JDJ & BW) couldn't work together.  Both sides had the same dreams but just a different method.

YAI deserves every award.  I hope they give him every award even if he won't be there to accept them.  His portrayal is so deserving of every grand award possible.   The way he just stood there burning each name on that piece of paper was so powerful.  He didn't even need to say anything.  Tomorrow is gonna be heartbreaking to watch as he slays his younger brother.  He knew nothing of politics and probably was still in the process of learning.  BW is just standing there with no remorse and showing no sign of mercy.  I really think BY will be the next one to die.  BW has to lose something in all of this and I think this will be the final straw for BJ.  He'll leave everything behind.

• Like 12

36 minutes ago, honeywell said:

What I like about this series is that no character is truly the villain.  In the end all of the characters are just fighting for their dreams and survival.  The most tragic thing is that so many innocent lives were taken because the two sides (JDJ & BW) couldn't work together.  Both sides had the same dreams but just a different method.

YAI deserves every award.  I hope they give him every award even if he won't be there to accept them.  His portrayal is so deserving of every grand award possible.   The way he just stood there burning each name on that piece of paper was so powerful.  He didn't even to say anything.  Tomorrow is gonna be heartbreaking to watch as he slays his younger brother.  He knew nothing of politics and probably was still in the process of learning.  BW is just standing there with no remorse and showing no sign of mercy.  I really think BY will be the next one to die.  BW has to lose something in all of this and I think this will be the final straw for BJ.  He'll leave everything behind.

Agreed. If only Sambong and Bangwon could resolve their issues, they'd be living in an era of an amazing dynasty lead by amazing figures behind it! And all of our dragons might still live their lives to the fullest and probably grow old together even. SOBS.

Bangwon definitely went mental here. Good lord, that merciless facade he put on during the massacre was top notch! Is it cruel if I expect Bangwon to slash Sambong instead of stabbing him, just for that theatrical effect? lol. Oh Sambong, as much as I disagree with your way of dealing with Bangwon, you are indeed an amazing politician who should be looked up to. But just because I am on Team Bangwon, I root for you less. :sweatingbullets:

I dread seeing Bangwon kill the Crown Prince, cause dude, he is innocent! He was just someone who got stuck in the power struggles, just like how King Chang was executed. Poor souls.

• Like 9

Ratings (Neilsen)

Ep 43     Nationwide 15.9% (-0.2)      Seoul 18.0% (-0.9)
Ep 44     Nationwide 16.4% (+0.5)      Seoul 18.3% (+0.3)
Ep 45     Nationwide 16.1% (-0.3)      Seoul 17.9% (-0.4)
Ep 46     Nationwide 16.1% (-0.0)      Seoul 17.4% (-0.5)
Ep 47     Nationwide 16.7% (+0.6)      Seoul 17.9% (+0.5)

The highest rating moment : Jung Do-Jeon's death  21.2%

• Like 9

We haven't got to see yet but reading all made me nervous...its happen 400 years ago one  man  decision ... have change history with decision  he made change Korean at that time ...and 400 after.....bang won if he don't do what he did someone else will kill him......

YAI acting is crazy and really talented guy....hope to see other drama after this....but he has to choose what drama to work cause this want is the on the top ...really challenged his credibility.... And he done it. ..congrats YAI

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, makdara said:

We haven't got to see yet but reading all made me nervous...its happen 400 years ago one  man  decision ... have change history with decision  he made change Korean at that time ...and 400 after.....bang won if he don't do what he did someone else will kill him......

618 years ago.

• Like 3

육룡이 나르샤 48회
방송일 : 2016.03.15 22:00

하륜은 남은과 정도광을 비롯하여 정도전의 잔당들을 모두 찾아 추포하고 정도전의 시신은 야산에 던져버리라고 지시한다. 날이 밝을 때까지 싸우고 있는 방지와 무휼을 발견한 분이는 방지를 말리며 정도전의 죽음을 알린다. 한편 조준은 이성계를 찾아가 하륜에게 받은 교지를 올리고, 방원이는 이지란을 찾아가 이성계를 설득시켜달라 말한다. 그리고 남은은 이신적에게 방원이 밑에서 입신양명하여 기회를 엿보라 말하는데...

Six Flying Dragons Episode 48 text preview
Air Date : March 15, 2016 PM 22:00

Ha Ryun gives orders to capture all the Jung Do-Jeon's remnants including Jung Do-Gwang and to throw away Jung Do-Jeon's corpse to a hill. Finding Bang-Ji and Moo-Hyul fighting each other until daybreak, Boon-Yi stops them and informs Bang-Ji of Jung Do-Jeon's death. Meanwhile, Jo Joon submits a Royal Rescript given by Ha Ryun to Yi Seong-Gye. Bang-Won goes to Yi Ji-Ran and asked him to persuade Yi Seong-Gye. Nam Eun tells Yi Shin-Jeok to watch for an opportunity under Bang-Won.  

20160315100446385hocn.jpg

• Like 7

There seem to be a shooting schedule on the set of Yi Do's room next Monday. (* Yi Do = King Sejong. Bang-Won's son) I don't know which Yi Do is going to appear in SFD. A new child actor, or Song Joong-Gi cameo? But now I think Moo-Hyul's sixth dragon credit will be given when Bang-Won gives him to his son Yi Do. Maybe around in episode 49 or 50. Sigh, it's too late.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, homura said:

There seem to be a shooting schedule on the set of Yi Do's room next Monday. (* Yi Do = King Sejong. Bang-Won's son) I don't know which Yi Do is going to appear in SFD. A new child actor, or Song Joong-Gi cameo? But now I think Moo-Hyul's sixth dragon credit will be given when Bang-Won gives him to his son Yi Do. Maybe around in episode 49, or 50. Sigh, it's too late.

@homura I really hope it will be a SJK cameo, just as YAI cameo'ed in Descendants of the Sun :w00t: Either way... yes to seeing Yi Do in SFD! Perhaps more than anything else, I want to see how YBW truly felt about the son he appeared so cold and harsh towards in Tree... certainly, in his heart, I believe he must have really loved him, to have entrusted his most formidable and loyal warrior to protect him.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, honeywell said:

I'm curious did any of JDJ's followers survived the revolt?  I  think Gap Bon will be one of the Banchon people that gets burned.  Not sure about BY and that other girl.

In the history, Jung Do-Jeon had 4 sons. His three sons were killed or committed suicide, but his eldest son Jung Jin survived. He was demoted to a naval officer after the First Strife of Princes, but later rose to the Minister of Justice under King Taejong's reign. He compiled his father's works and published Sambong-Jip (삼봉집 三峰集 'The collection of Sambong's writings').

In Tree with Deep Roots, Jung Do-Jeon's younger brother Jung Do-Gwang, Jung Do-Jeon's little nephew Jung Gi-Joon, and Milbon members survived and lurked in the shadow. Yi Shin-Jeok  was promoted to Left Prime minister under King Taejong & Sejong's reign.  All of them are fictional characters.

As you said, one of the two Banchon servants killed during the First Strife of Princes must be Gap-Boon. The other servant seems to be Pal-Bong's father, the gatekeeper of Sungkyunkwan. Pal-Bong's father recieved something from Jung Do-Jeon in ep 47. In TWDR, a Banchon servant delivered Milbon's document to Bang-Ji and died. He must be Pal-Bong's father.

• Like 10

It was really a grueling episode to watch but as usual YAI was awesome portraying Yi Bangwon. I agree with some of you here that in the end, it's all about survival. It will be sad to leave this great drama. So many lessons learned along the way and it seems like most of the actors/actresses already started with their new drama projects. 

• Like 5

Just finished ep 47 and came here. IT IS AN AMAZING EP! Where do I even begin to talk about it?! The feels! WOW. 

First YAI is amazing and talented. His look in the beginning, with a bit of evil/craziness in his eyes while he was counting the names and burning the paper slips, and how he ordered the soldiers to JDJ's name to get him run from Sungkyunkwan, then the look in his eyes was transformed when JDJ got out of Sungkyunkwan and then they talked during the short walk. THAT was amazing from the script to the acting. 

How JDJ did not run away because he knows the world BW is going to make is the same as his because BW knows his plans the best, how JDJ believes in him even when BW told him he's not going to do the Liaodong expedition. Then he said he was tired. The slight hesitation from BW, the sound of the sword. 

Of course, the scene between YH and BJ. Bittersweet last moment together with their first and last kiss, and that scene where YH killed herself in front of BJ. 

I think I can replay this ep for like 20 times... It is really that amazing

• Like 6

[HanCinema's Drama Review] "Six Flying Dragons" Episode 47

photo701377.jpg

The time has finally arrived- one bloody night, where Bang-won dispatches his most powerful political enemies one by one. And he's only just getting started. Going by the preview the day after is probably going to be even worse. As much as "Six Flying Dragons" has jumped around from making Bang-won seem sympathetic to evil and back to sympathetic again, somehow I just did not feel adequately prepared for the sheer brutal carnage here. The almost manic humor of the situation doesn't help matters.

Most of Bang-won's allies have to some extent functioned as comic relief, and their personalities don't change just because the situation has gotten dead serious. Really, it's frightening too to boot, trying to reconcile the Muhyul who chose to optimistically believe in Bang-won's vision of the future with the grizzled veteran who barely bothers trying to catch his breath having just murdered an unarmed man. The whole ritual with the named scrolls only heightens the atmospheric tension.

Then on the opposite end we have Bang-ji, the man who has always consistently been treated as Muhyul's superior just sort of...collapse in the face of psychological warfare. Where Bang-won's flashbacks reflect his past beliefs in justice, heroism, and how Do-jeon let him down, Bang-ji's flashbacks represent some completely different learned lessons. As Ttang-sae, Bang-ji wanted to escape the vortex of political powerplays. Yeon-hee gave Bang-ji hope, not in Joseon, but in the prospect of a world with real love.

I don't know what's in Bang-won's dream world, and I honestly don't think it even matters anymore. Bang-won himself certainly doesn't seem to care. Observe how cool and indifferent he is to Boon-yi in the closing scenes, and how Boon-yi had at least managed to receive some base consideration from Jeok-ryong of all people. As antagonists go, Jeok-ryong has always had some moral authority just by not particularly enjoying his work that much.

By the way, Jeok-ryong (played by Han Sang-jin) is the monk who's been a minor villainous presence from nearly the very beginning of "Six Flying Dragons". It's a little late for me to introduce characters, I know, but Jeok-ryong has always been just on the periphery, and now I see why. Emotional attachment is what trips characters up here, and the seeds for Bang-won's unquestioned rule are sowed in part by how his allies take orders uncritically and make themselves enjoy it. Always the true Buddhist, Jeok-ryong avoids fighting, not out of compassion, but to avoid inflaming emotions that later on may be beyond all control.

Review by William Schwartz

http://www.hancinema.net/hancinema-s-drama-review-six-flying-dragons-episode-47-92401.html

• Like 4

4 hours ago, homura said:

In the history, Jung Do-Jeon had 4 sons. His three sons were killed or committed suicide, but his eldest son Jung Jin survived. He was demoted to a naval officer after the First Strife of Princes, but later rose to the Minister of Justice under King Taejong's reign. He compiled his father's works and published Sambong-Jip (삼봉집 三峰集 'The collection of Sambong's writings').

In Tree with Deep Roots, Jung Do-Jeon's younger brother Jung Do-Gwang, Jung Do-Jeon's little nephew Jung Gi-Joon, and Milbon members survived and lurked in the shadow. Yi Shin-Jeok  was promoted to Left Prime minister under King Taejong & Sejong's reign.  All of them are fictional characters.

As you said, one of the two Banchon servants killed during the First Strife of Princes must be Gap-Boon. The other servant seems to be Pal-Bong's father, the gatekeeper of Sungkyunkwan. Pal-Bong's father recieved something from Jung Do-Jeon in ep 47. In TWDR, a Banchon servant delivered Milbon's document to Bang-Ji and died. He must be Pal-Bong's father.

Gap-Boon ???BOONYI friend?I wished they killed the other girl JDJ spy...but it seems she really will be the future leader...and will take over Banchoon...

• Like 3

'Six Flying Dragons' rated 1st without Kim Myeong-min... 'Babysitter' started with 3.1%

Spoiler

photo701378.jpg

'Six Flying Dragons' rated 1st among the same time without Kim Myeong-min in the story.

According to media research company AGB Nielsen Korea on the 15th, the SBS drama 'Six Flying Dragons' episode 47 aired on the 14th, rated 16.7%.

This is 0.6% higher than its previous episode and first place among the same time dramas. 

On this day, Jeong Do-jeon (Kim Myeong-min) was killed by Lee Bang-won (Yoo Ah-in). Viewers were drawn to the fierce confrontation atmosphere of Jeong Do-jeon's final. 

MBC "Glamorous Temptation" episode 46 rated 11.6%, decreased by 1.1% compared to the previous episode which was 12.7%.

Meanwhile, the first episode of KBS 2TV "Babysitter" rated 3.1%, which is being aired right after 'Moorim School'. The last episode of 'Moorim School' on the 8th, rated 0.6% lower than 3.7% ranking last place.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!1ST AGAIN!!!

• Like 4