1 minute ago, nevill said:

@USAFarmgirl so funny - like trying to type with my feet 

Hide contents
  Reveal hidden contents

btw - Jumong? didnt want to show my ignorance in public - its a character? a name of drama?

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I know what you mean.....

I was just meandering with YBW, BY and MH, goodness man, we undersstand... all you warrior bodyguards having a thing for the master's woman. Dang!!! Did BW see MH smiley eyes admiring BY? There was that possessive look... don't even think about it, ahhhhhh that baby dragon face... General YSG's wife is beautiful and the 2 younger Lee brothers are soooooo cute. It is hard to imagine....., @rainmoon that was a cute post by the way, warriors of the Goryeo times eating ramen from 21st century box ... LOL

• Like 4

Guest rainmoon
1 hour ago, zenya22 said:

I was just meandering with YBW, BY and MH, goodness man, we undersstand... all you warrior bodyguards having a thing for the master's woman. Dang!!! Did BW see MH smiley eyes admiring BY? There was that possessive look... don't even think about it, ahhhhhh that baby dragon face... General YSG's wife is beautiful and the 2 younger Lee brothers are soooooo cute. It is hard to imagine....., @rainmoon that was a cute post by the way, warriors of the Goryeo times eating ramen from 21st century box ... LOL

Yup always fun to see thr BTS happening ... It's cute to see how they all goof around the set and enjoying themselves.  

But wonder why the ratings are dropping ... I think I saw episode 19 at 13.3%, correct me if I'm wrong ...

10 minutes ago, rainmoon said:

But wonder why the ratings are dropping ... I think I saw episode 19 at 13.3%, correct me if I'm wrong ...

yes It's 13.3% dropping 0.5% from last week I guess....

our Bang Won and Boon Yi are nominated for Best Couple in SBS Award

CVn_Jtq5_Wc_AAN9r_X.png

Spoiler

http://s30.postimg.org/5h79ssc7x/CVn_Ju_Bk_XAAA_IYu.jpg?noCache=1449544788

PS. Shin Se Gyung got 2 noms, one from SFD and another from Sensory Couple.

I'm sad no Hong In Bang-Gil Tae Mi couple... I like them more lol

• Like 4

육룡이 나르샤 20회
방송일 : 2015.12.08 22:00

최영은 재추들의 반발에도 요동을 정벌하려 하고, 이성계는 이런 최영에 무모한 정벌로 백성을 도탄에 빠뜨리는 것은 아니라고 말한다. 한편 정변을 결심한 정도전은 조정에 있는 조직원들과 함주 가별초를 움직일 수 있도록 지시하고, 이성계에게 참화를 막을 책략을 제시하는데...

Six Flying Dragons Episode 20 text preview
Air date : Dec. 8, 2015 PM 22:00

General Choi Young plans to go on a conquest of the Liaodong peninsula despite of many ministers' objection. General Yi Seong-Gye tells him that they should not put the people into a state of distress. Meanwhile, Jung Do-Jeon decides to stage a coup, ordering the members of his organization in the court and in General Yi's private armies in Hamju to move. He suggests to Yi Seong-Gye how to avoid the calamity of war.

• Like 8

Img0404_20151208181122_8_zpshnfjryw7.jpg

I really love the still shots from SBS 6dragons... and here is one of my favorite characters ... (actually I he's the top of my list) 

and the bromance LOL !!

Img0404_20151208182731_4_zps9l6hnhqv.gif

This is one of the dramas where I truly love seeing how the cast & crew are very close and supporting each other, very friendly atmosphere despite having to shoot in the cold winter time

• Like 8

The historical background to help understand Ep. 19

tumblr_inline_nz1dw4Y2a11s5yhgo_540.jpg

■ King U of Goryeo (우왕 禑王, 1365-1389)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U_of_Goryeo

• When he was born and raised in Prime Minister Shin Don’s house, his name was Monino (모니노, 牟尼奴 meaning “servant of Buddha”).
  • After Shin Don was branded as a traitor and executed in 1371, King Gongmin brought the 7-year-old Monino to the palace and accepted him as his own successor. The boy’s name was changed to Wang U (왕우, 王禑), and his official birth record was fabricated as the son of King Gongmin and Royal concubine Lady Han.
  • However, during Joseon dynasty, he had been called Shin U (신우, 辛禑) because he was officially regarded as the son of traitor Shin Don and his slave Ban-Ya. For that reason, King U couldn’t receive a posthumous title for his reign. (For example, Yi Bang-Won’s posthumous title is “King Taejong” of Joseon. King U didn’t get that kind of title. )
  • In fact, it is one of the biggest mystery of Korean history whether he was a real son of King Gongmin or not. Nobody knows the truth except for the assassinated king.
  • About Shin Don (신돈 辛旽, 1322~1371), check out the wikipedia.
  • When King Gongmin was assassinated by his royal guard Hong Ryun in 1374, Yi In-Im (the historical figure that Yi In-Gyeom is based on) investigated the case and enthroned the king’s 11-year-old boy despite of queen dowager’s objection. By crowning the little boy as a puppet king, the Dodang trio including Yi In-Im took over the reigns of the court.
  • In March 1376, Ban-Ya claimed that she is the current king’s real mother in front of the Queen dowager’s palace. Yi In-Im killed her by throwing her away to the river in the capital.
  • In the beginning, King U was not that bad. He tried his best to be a good king, but the powerful Dodang didn’t permit him to do what a king should do. Before long, he gave up every efforts and was trapped in pleasure-seeking; hunting in the street of the capital, invading commoner’s house to rape women inside, etc.
  • Was he such a cruel tyrant to kill a palace maid for a trivial reason as described in Six Flying Dragons? Well, I’m not sure about that. He has been described as an incapable coward in the previous Korean historical dramas.
  • In January 1388, during the fabrication of Jo Ban’s rebellion, General Choi Young joined forces with Yi Seong-Gye and drove out the corrupt Dodang trio. As a result, Choi Young and Yi Seong-Gye became the top 2 leaders of Goryeo court. Some historians believe that it was King U himself who masterminded the political upheaval in order to restore the royal power from the Dodang.
  • In March 1388, 3 months after the incident, the king married General Choi Young’s daughter to maintain his power. At first, Choi Young refused his desperate request to marry her. The general had no desire for power at all, and he thought his daughter was unqualified to be a queen because she was a daughter of his concubine. However, the king’s persistent persuasion made him accept the proposal in the end.

tumblr_inline_nz1ffkPF301s5yhgo_540.jpg

■ The conquest of the Liaodong peninsula (1388)

Around the same time as the king’s marriage, Ming China demanded the return of Goryeo‘s Northern territory. It was the land that the former king had ordered General Choi Young to retrieve from pro-Mongol forces in 1356. Yi Seong-Gye and his father helped Choi Young’s armies to win by opening the fortress’ gate secretly. (ep. 1)

It had been a national project for Goryeo to retrieve the lost territory of Goguryeo kingdom, following the teachings left by the founding father of Goryeo Dynasty, Wang Geon. Therefore, the diplomatic ties between Goryeo and Ming China got worse significantly.

In April 1388, King U and General Choi Young drafted soldiers in the name of a hunt in Haeju. However, during the hunt, they ordered General Yi Seong-Gye to carry out a preemptive strike against the Ming Chinese base in the Liaodong peninsula.

Yi Seong-Gye was shocked and suggested 4 reasons why they should not go to war.

1. A smaller nation should not attack a larger nation,
  2. It is harsh to campaign during summer farming season, as it will result in poor harvest for the populace
  3. With the bulk of men away in the north, Japanese pirates will have free rein in the South
  4. Monsoon rain will reduce the effectiveness of the composite bows, our main weapon, and will encourage the spread of infectious diseases in the camp.

But his opinion was dismissed by Choi Young.

Under the command of Choi Young, Yi Seong-Gye and Jo Min-Soo were supposed to move troops toward the Liaodong peninsula. However, King U pleaded with Choi Young not to leave him. So, the old general decided to stay with the king and sent the two generals to the conquest, which became the biggest mistake in his glorious military career.

In April, when the Goryeo troops reached Wihwa isalnd (위화도, 威化島), the northern border island on the Yalu river between Goryeo and Ming China, the decisive moment to change the Korean history forever had come. General Yi Seong-Gye decided to return to the capital : The military withdrawal at Wihwa island (위화도회군, 威化島回軍) in May 1388 of the lunar calendar.

It is still a popular conversation topic among modern Koreans. Which side was right? If Yi Seong-Gye had carried out the conquest as Choi Young’s order, what would have happened to the East Asian history?  Although the Mongols moved from the Chinese mainland to the northern region, they would have had enough power to overthrow the newly founded Ming China if Goryeo had helped them by their side.

For that reason, some nationalist historians aggressively hate Yi Seong-Gye and call him a traitor to make Korea a weak country. Meanwhile, other historians side with him and blame Choi Young for his reckless conquest plan.    

tumblr_inline_nz1f270XRF1s5yhgo_540.jpg

■ Lady Gang (Queen Shindeok 神德王后, ?~1396)

Yi Seong-Gye had two wives. One is Lady Han (Queen Shinui of the Anbyeon Han clan) and the other is Lady Gang (Queen Sindeok of the Goksan Kang clan). While Bang-Won’s mother, Lady Han, was living in Hamju, General Yi’s house in the capital was in charge of Lady Gang who belongs to prestigious noble clan.

It was a unique dual marriage system for high-class Goryeo nobles. If a country nobleman gets a high government post and goes up to the capital, he left his wife in his hometown, and married a daughter of a powerful clan in the capital. Both of them were equally his legitimate wives, but in most cases, a capital wife (경처, 京妻) had stronger power than a hometown wife (향처, 鄕妻) due to their social status.  

Yi Bang-Won’s mother Lady Han was General Yi’s hometown wife and had kept alive in Hamju until 1391. She died shortly before the establishment of Joseon. I guess the scriptwriters intentionally skewed the historical fact in ep 19 because they didn't cast her.

Lady Gang was General Yi’s capital wife. That’s why Bang-Won and his wife called her “Gagyeong mother” in ep 19. She was supposed to be 20 years younger than Yi Seong-Gye. She was the biggest supporter of her husband. She gave birth to two sons : Yi Bang-Beon (7th) and Yi Bang-Seok (8th). General Yi loved her so much that it became a serious cause of trouble in the future.

tumblr_inline_nz1fbt1mgg1s5yhgo_540.jpg

■ Rhino’s horn

Various kinds of wood and rhinoes’ horns were used to make Korean traditional composite bow. Since there lives no rhino in Korea, all the rhinoes’ horns were imported from Southeast Asia or South China at a high price.

One of the 4 reasons Yi Seong-Gye suggested to Choi Young about why they should not go to war was that Monsoon rain will melt a bow’s glue to fasten rhono’s horns and woods, which inevitably reduces the effectiveness of the composite bows.

• Like 12

@yoominion thanx they are so cuteyou can see how JYM is the big sister to the bratty SSK little sister

and actually both JYM & YGS are very indulging towards SSK so cute

JYM must be such a great person SSK & LCH seemed very fond of her and seek her out

• Like 2

cute SFD Making - JYM YGS SSK

RE23607552_ori.jpg

Spoiler

RE23607552_ori.jpg

RE40238295_ori.jpg

RE22032963_ori.jpg

Onni Oppa very indulging of their bratty Donseng 

such great companionship

you can see that SSK is an only child - center of attention 

cr: http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000008547&pgm_mnu_id=38035&pgm_build_id=11501&pageIdx=1&listOrder=regDtDesc&searchCondition=title&searchKeyword=&contNo=46

• Like 3