Quantcast

seems like the dragons are divided into  fighters and planners 

with each having one of each

LSG _ JDJ
MH _ LBW
LBJ _ BY

and they do sometimes mix and change

while LBW is probably the only one who belongs to both groups 

i really like the scene with the siblings trying to interact in the smae way they had bf as if nothing changed

and it made me look forward to the scenes with YH & BY now that they are all living together 

• Like 8
  • Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ep 50. summary. Gil Seon-Mi was slayed by Moo-Hyul. He was still breathing when Yeon-Hyang came to see him. He apologized her that he lied about the children because he resented her for abandonin

The flow of the events are as I expected. The difference is... Boon-Yi and Moo-Hyul visited Bang-Won's house to say the final farewell to Bang-Won. Lady Min told them Bang-Won already went to sle

The historical background to help understand Ep. 49~50     ■ Baek Dal-Won 백달원 白達元 (?~?)     ■ The Second Strife of Princes  (January, 1400)

after watching again ep 16 i have to say how impressed i am with GSY acting - its the first time i see her in anything and i really love her portrayal of LM

really nailed the part - and i really hope they wont make her into a jealous and conniving person   

• Like 11
Guest rainmoon

after watching again ep 16 i have to say how impressed i am with GSY acting - its the first time i see her in anything and i really love her portrayal of LM

really nailed the part - and i really hope they wont make her into a jealous and conniving person   

I'm only half way thru 15, adn I fall in love with BangJi more and more ... :wub: ... soooo behind.

I'm only half way thru 15, adn I fall in love with BangJi more and more ... :wub: ... soooo behind.

15 ep really made me feel that LBJ found a reason to live

the new name felt to me like he was given a new identity and start in life - hope im not spoiling 

• Like 5

@zenya22 and others:  Mea culpa.  After re-watching the beginning of Episode 4, it does appear/appear as you say that the young YBW is behind the murders of the three scholars.  I say appears because I'm not yet ready to concede that a scrawny tween can take on and kill three older, burlier bullies which is what that scenario would suggest.  There was no previous indication that YBW had military or training using a sword, in fact, his bodyguard was there for a reason, he wasn't able to sufficiently protect himself in the mind of his father.  He was being raised to do something in the civilian world, i.e., scholar or civil servant, it seems to me, not in the military realm, that seems to have been his father's intention for his older brothers.  Anyway, until that is cleared up by the writers, we will just have to wait and see...

@eunsuhae - Yes, please see above.  It is implied which is why I don't accept it as fact.  How YBW could change so drastically from the boy who cowered before those three bullies to actually somehow overcoming them in a sword battle is beyond me.  Also, if he is a serial murderer at that young age, he would not be the kind of whimpy young man we see in later episodes.  I accept as King Taejong does all kinds of evil but to go from serial murderer at what appears to be 12 or 13 to the kind of idealistic romantic lover we see in Episodes 13 and 14 (haven't watched 15 and 16 yet), doesn't make sense.  Hopefully the writers will eventually clear this up with a flashback in which we see someone else does the murders (Minister Lee?) and YBW is a witness even if he talks tough and seemingly takes responsibility before HIB.  Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

• Like 4

@liddi I've watched a fair amount of historical dramas and to this day I still have a fond memory of Dong Yi where Dong Yi (who later becomes royal consort Choi Suk-bin) and Queen In Hyeon have the friendliest relationship I've seen between women "sharing" the same man. They were complices rather than rivals, respected and supported each other till the end. I hope to see this kind of dynamics between LM & BY or that the show will at least keep it dignified without any of them stooping low because of petty jealousy.

@chickpea Yes it is only implied so I totally understand you. I still believe he could have done it. The scholars were in a house and probably drunk. If he sneaked in there already determined to do what he needed to do, then he must have taken them by surprise & lost no time to do it.
As for it contrasting with his personality, BW doesn't seem to perceive it as a "murder". He was only executing an act of justice, turning a wrong into a right. It doesn't register in his admittedly disturbed mind that it was a crime and this is where his character is interesting. This dark side inside of him, lurking and threatening to take over in extreme situations, I like to think of it as the drama's way to subtly show it and prepare us for what's to come in the future, telling us that it's always been there.

Edited by eunsuhae
  • Like 9

I think I am on of the rare few watching this drama who is siting foaming at the mouth with anticipation for LBW to go from the sweet yet dark charming man we see know, to the pathological, a bit paranoid tyrant who killed all his enemies (real or imagined and this includes his brothers-sans the one he basically put the fear of Joseon gods in, had the man give up his thrown, then exhiled- his wife's whole family, political scholars who worked for the government -including JDJ and one other powerful scholar-, and the family of his son The Great King Sejong), and even one day threatens to kill his puppet king son Sejong cause he dared to have his own ideas of how to rule and dared to stand up to his father (bless you TWD roots for that and other spoilers on how 3 of our dragons fair in this drama). Like I said we have seen bits and pieces here and there of that LBW but I can't wait till the writers fully send him to the Darth Lord side. 

I am also really loving all the women in this drama. My gosh such strong, layered, well written, get richard simmons done female characters. Everyone of them has a role and every role is esstential to our story. From the spy assassin ring leader, to leader Boon-Yi, to awesome super spy secret ninja Yoon-hee, to whip smart. Intelligent, ambitious, look out for me and mine cuase that's what everyone doing Lady Min; I love em all. I can't wait to see them do more as the story progress.

finally I adore everything about ninja assassin Lee Bang Ji and how well Byun Yo Han plays him. He is my favorite character. I anticipate his every awesome fight scene I can't wait to see him clash again with Gil Tae Min and I really hope he and fanboys Moo Hyul develop a ninja bromance.  

All the romance is just bonus for me but I really feel for Banjo & Yoonhee kinda meh about Bang Won & Boonyi (sorry but history) and can't wait to get more of Bang Won & Lady Min.

Edited by MrsSoJiSub
  • Like 11
@USAFarmgirl funny that they had the word "Rice Cooker" at that time - isnt it an electric cooker?

It's literally rice pot or whatever kind of pot where they cook rice. Moohyul tells her to think that Lee Bang Won is just something that gives them food and nothing else. Would Lee Bang Won Rice Pot be a better translation then? lol. Rice Cooker is the first thing that came to my mind. It's hard living in the techie world. HAHA

• Like 6
@USAFarmgirl funny that they had the word "Rice Cooker" at that time - isnt it an electric cooker?

It's literally rice pot or whatever kind of pot where they cook rice. Moohyul tells her to think that Lee Bang Won is just something that gives them food and nothing else. Would Lee Bang Won Rice Pot be a better translation then? lol. Rice Cooker is the first thing that came to my mind. It's hard living in the techie world. HAHA

although i do have a rice cooker (which i dont use that often) im the only one among anyone i know who does - so it doesnt come naturally to me - i bought it bc of kdramas

Edited by nevill
  • Like 5
Guest chajoowon

I think I am on of the rare few watching this drama who is siting foaming at the mouth with anticipation for LBW to go from the sweet yet dark charming man we see know, to the pathological, a bit paranoid tyrant who killed all his enemies (real or imagined and this includes his brothers-sans the one he basically put the fear of Joseon gods in, had the man give up his thrown, then exhiled- his wife's whole family, political scholars who worked for the government -including JDJ and one other powerful scholar-, and the family of his son The Great King Sejong), and even one day threatens to kill his puppet king son Sejong cause he dared to have his own ideas of how to rule and dared to stand up to his father (bless you TWD roots for that and other spoilers on how 3 of our dragons fair in this drama). Like I said we have seen bits and pieces here and there of that LBW but I can't wait till the writers fully send him to the Darth Lord side. 

I am also really loving all the women in this drama. My gosh such strong, layered, well written, get richard simmons done female characters. Everyone of them has a role and every role is esstential to our story. From the spy assassin ring leader, to leader Boon-Yi, to awesome super spy secret ninja Yoon-hee, to whip smart. Intelligent, ambitious, look out for me and mine cuase that's what everyone doing Lady Min; I love em all. I can't wait to see them do more as the story progress.

finally I adore everything about ninja assassin Lee Bang Ji and how well Byun Yo Han plays him. He is my favorite character. I anticipate his every awesome fight scene I can't wait to see him clash again with Gil Tae Min and I really hope he and fanboys Moo Hyul develop a ninja bromance.  

All the romance is just bonus for me but I really feel for Banjo & Yoonhee kinda meh about Bang Won & Boonyi (sorry but history) and can't wait to get more of Bang Won & Lady Min.

Dark Lord ?  Taejong is nothing specially evil or brutal by historical king standards.  He is just the winner of history vs JDJ, other ministers scholars.   Just like YSG,JDJ was the winners of the brutal war against Goryeo ministers, generals like Choi Young.  They did kill one of the most famous Korean generals in Choi Young.  From those last nobles,kings of Goryoe JDJ and co are evil villains....

TWD,Maids and co are just dramas that overly play the dark lord side of Taejong.   Sejong would not have become king if not for Taejong.   Also LBW did not kill any of his brothers with the same mother, only exiled them.  He killed the other half brothers who wanted the throne and lost that war to him.  

First of all, you got a great point there, i respect ur opinion, but you probably think that this SFD drama following history 100%, (otherwise writers obviously didnt fully following history, cause its included with fact+fiction). About BW & BY, as you see BY started to speak formally towards him infront of other ppl (In Ep.16). but when theres only 2 of them shes kinda talk to him informal way, as supportive way.. so overall, we may never know what writer leads their story. Perhaps good or bad, only them knows.:rolleyes:

Anyway i wanna share this OST by Angel's Voice.. Junsu, it such a sad song thou :(

• Like 5

@MiAmour not only informally but calls him stupid to boot - shows him how to communicate  with his wife 

btw she doesnt seem upset and actually assume they consummated their marriage and he is the one admitting sheepishly that it is still not actual and you can see he doesnt really want to talk to her about something llike that doens want tofeel obligated to another woman when with BY    

• Like 4

LOLOLOL.... dark lord Vader.... it fits and I do understand your meh..... but.... but... but... I want me some Bang Won and Boon Yi romance/skinship nevermind that it will follow history... before Lady Min. eh? hehe

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 4
Guest chajoowon

@MiAmour not only informally but calls him stupid to boot - shows him how to communicate  with his wife 

btw she doesnt seem upset and actually assume they consummated their marriage and he is the one admitting sheepishly that it is still not actual and you can see he doesnt really want to talk to her about something llike that doens want tofeel obligated to another woman when with BY    

That is because even when LBW becomes king and has 10+ wives most of them are political marriages to favour the clans that support his rule, power.  BY can fictionally became the historically Dong Yi, you can love a king who has many wives as long he emotionally favours someone you like Dong Yi.  

Personally in this story i think BY would have no trouble being the other women for LBW if the war, revolution ended tomorrow and they were no longer comrades, have big plans to focus on.  Just right now she has more things to focus on and content with helping him with his plans.

I more interest on the political moves, tricks, actions scenes to BW become king or other characters scene... I am not that into romantic things...either BY or LM..... 

I will more happy if BY and LM and YH can show us the power/smart/brave of woman than romantical things.... 

• Like 7
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2015-2016] Six Flying Dragons 육룡이 나르샤