The opposite of this drama where the young wife will fall in love with her husband and also is a woman who is a daughter of an elite noble and powerful family. Will she be of accepting of the woman her husband is crazy in love with?

What will BY regret that she did not become his concubine? I think she made a very brave although painful decision.

Refer to this connections, i think it says it all ;)

XHaqiYC.jpg

So BY will not gonna be his concubine? hmm i just wish her character similar like Jang Ok Jung, as they love each other, fight for their relationship no matter what it takes. 

• Like 2

I agree, JDJ will protect YH by not revealing who she is. Too many people already know of her. I also think there is more to them than just revolutionary comrades. He said she pushed him to do this and that and she did not feed him until he made a decision. I laughed at that. He described her like a nagging wife. I thought these women were tough boy.... they inspired their men, helped them do what they had to do, saved then when they had to but also drove them crazy. Even Madame CY and Monk JR have some male/female thing going on. I just love these characters.

There's an arabic saying in my culture that goes along the lines of "behind every great man there's a woman". Women are not always in the spotlight but their role in shaping humanity's history since the dawn of time is undeniable. I'm glad this show is giving them the opportunity to shine through different characters and diverse personalities.

Oh and I was happy to see you mention Women's Pavillion in your previous post. I read the original book by Pearl Buck a few years ago and it's still one of my favourite books.

Best saying ever!!! and I agree.. "Behind every great man is a woman"...

I did not read the book but now that you mentioned it I want to read it. Thank you

• Like 4

Oh I just love this drama the fight scene was a goodie and now DS have gotten his new name from LBY.. The look on By face to discover DS and YH is alive may change her thoughts about this love issue but it's to late because BW is committed to a marriage he can't get out of now

• Like 4

The opposite of this drama where the young wife will fall in love with her husband and also is a woman who is a daughter of an elite noble and powerful family. Will she be of accepting of the woman her husband is crazy in love with?

What will BY regret that she did not become his concubine? I think she made a very brave although painful decision.

Hidden Content

So BY will not gonna be his concubine? hmm i just wish her character similar like Jang Ok Jung, as they love each other, fight for their relationship no matter what it takes. 

I am referring/responding to the discussion of BY/BW. I was not referring to anything that should happen in the future. We don't know. We have to wait for the writers to tell us the story. As of now BY has decided not to be concubine and she was brave to make that is all am saying. What happens next is up to the writers.

• Like 4

Hidden Content

I am referring/responding to the discussion of BY/BW. I was not referring to anything that should happen in the future. We don't know. We have to wait for the writers to tell us the story. As of now BY has decided not to be concubine and she was brave to make that is all am saying. What happens next is up to the writers.

Well now her brother has a name and has gained a little status and so have she 

• Like 4

Lady Min looked beautiful in her wedding attire..

Now I see both generals are talking HID made a huge mistake trying to kill JDJ they will have to go to ELder to help him and GTM Whom I think will doublecross HId,

Is Bw and Lady Min starting off on the wrong foot already, So I wonder if HID will send men to attack her family now because of the marriage business

• Like 5

@MiAmour, Temporary marriage does not exist in the history of Korea. If you marry someone, the marriage lasts for your entire life until you or your partner dies.

@chickpea. I'm not reading any subtitles. I'm a native Korean living in Seoul. To me, that's not a marriage proposal at all. If you think so, it's due to the mistransaltion of the subtitle you read. Actually, while watching ep 13~14, I thought Bang-Won was really irresponsible. Boon-Yi said reality, but Bang-Won guaranteed nothing.  

@mrsyooknit. Yes, Boon-Yi and Yi Bang-Ji are fictional characters created by TV writers. Moo-Hyul is loosely based on the novel, but he is an eunuch in the novel unlike the TV drama.

In the novel, everybody doubts Choi Man-Ri, the conservative scholar leader who opposed the creation of Hangul, but Kang Chae-Yoon finds out the real culprit is Shim Jong-Soo. Shim is the scholar who becomes the 4th leader of Milbon (Hidden Roots) in the drama. There is no secret organization like Milbon in the novel.

thank you! 

• Like 4

Since her brother has his own title & im sure he will become one of the 6dragons. And maybe BoonYi will become a concubine? Well ppl can change their words though, from the moment they disagree, but at the end of the day they will make it.. maybe shes not really serious bout saying shes never gonna be concubine, who knows right? only writers & directors & casts knows lol;)

• Like 3

Guys just when I thought DS n YH coudn't get more angsty the writters just have to go ahead and rub that salt into my faceeeeeee. They did the parallel thing againnnnnnn when DS said to her "I don't wanna live miserably. I'm not gonna protect you anymore. Like you said n this chaos eveyone has to protect yourself so I made up my mind that you'll do my part and I'll do my part" or something like that, I dont remember exactly because I was in a glass of emotion in that moment, YH said the exact same thing that he said to her when she said let's pretend not knowing each other - "Fine, let's do that". I swear I became BY in that moment, watching them is just too painful that I have to run away from there and cryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy just like her. I know he did that because he didn't want her to feel awkward now that they're working together but still it hurtssssssssssss

Edited by yoominion
  • Like 7

The latest episode look like  some early foreshadowing has been injected regarding the future battle between Bang Won and Jung Do Jeon as Jung Do Jeon once again miscalculated and underestimated the enemy due to his carelessness, assuming HIB to be just a one-note greedy person with his plan to rob the lands of the Hakdong noble clan as purely just that. Whereas, BW was a better judge of character and much more accurately deemed HIB's plan from his past interactions with him( where he got alienated and miscast as the villain in front of his classmates) as much more sinister and deep. As a result, HIB successfully checkmated Jung Do jeon as he first stole lands from the Hakdong land prompting a retaliation which allowed him to frame them for murder and planted evidence which showed them to be in cohoots with the Lee family who have just become very close to them. 

The next episode, from the trailer, it looks that BW will play a major role in the fight back including rousing the Hakdong clan in a collective alliance and pushback against HIB. 

• Like 5

It's funny in a way when I first heard about this drama I believed it would mostly be about a man who becomes a king.  Although it is, there is so much more that each of you has written about.  I agree with those who posted that it continues to shed light on WOMEN most of all their strengths.  I posted earlier that I would be sad for BY & LM but what I failed to say was that in no way did it mean I saw any weakness in either of them.  To go even further I see no weakness in YH or GB either.  Let me explain.  Except for LM each of them has overcome hurt in their past and I wonder even in LM's case how hard would it have been to be that smart and wanting to seek learning & education as a woman.  Mind you her father gave her opportunities she wouldn't have had other wise.  I guess for me I hope BY doesn't settle for 2nd as much as I love them together and the fact that she is the only woman dragon.  I would rather see her continue to be strong and follow her convictions even if it means being alone.  I cheer on the writers who allow us to not only focus on the men dragons but give us insight to the women that are around them.  Not sure what direction the writers will take us but for me at least the women are so strong and all seem to be moved by passion......

Wrote this earlier didn't post it then hope it's not to off topic.....

Since her brother has his own title & im sure he will become one of the 6dragons. And maybe BoonYi will become a concubine? Well ppl can change their words though, from the moment they disagree, but at the end of the day they will make it.. maybe shes not really serious bout saying shes never gonna be concubine, who knows right? only writers & directors & casts knows lol;)

She may do it if her brother tells her to especially if it's to get they family some recognition 

The chaos HID is dishing out to I guess lady min family stealing they land looks like it will come back on him ten fold BW is his mortal enemy..   

• Like 1

It's funny in a way when I first heard about this drama I believed it would mostly be about a man who becomes a king.  Although it is, there is so much more that each of you has written about.  I agree with those who posted that it continues to shed light on WOMEN most of all their strengths.  I posted earlier that I would be sad for BY & LM but what I failed to say was that in no way did it mean I saw any weakness in either of them.  To go even further I see no weakness in YH or GB either.  Let me explain.  Except for LM each of them has overcome hurt in their past and I wonder even in LM's case how hard would it have been to be that smart and wanting to seek learning & education as a woman.  Mind you her father gave her opportunities she wouldn't have had other wise.  I guess for me I hope BY doesn't settle for 2nd as much as I love them together and the fact that she is the only woman dragon.  I would rather see her continue to be strong and follow her convictions even if it means being alone.  I cheer on the writers who allow us to not only focus on the men dragons but give us insight to the women that are around them.  Not sure what direction the writers will take us but for me at least the women are so strong and all seem to be moved by passion......

Wrote this earlier didn't post it then hope it's not to off topic.....

extremely on topic since we today saw all the woman who will help the creation of Joseon 

i think for LM to get her father support - since its uncommon for woman to get the same education as the man - she had to show great intelligence 

in fact much more than the man to be considered eligible to get education -hope to see her in action soon

talking about action the firt scene with YH helping JDJ and then fighting WOW

she was amazing and looked so beautiful fighting  - just WOW  

• Like 5