so JDJ want to revive Joseon of 4300  therefor giving it the same name? 

Yes, JDJ wanted to revive the ancient kingdom and its old territory 

thanx @homura i bookmared your site but now i bookmarked the timeline separately. so we can assume that the sereis is to show us till 1398? the first of the prince strife? 

. Korean SFD fans are guessing that it will cover the second strife of Princes (1400) and Bang-Won's coronation.

@homura... General Choi will still be around right to defend the old Goryeo from YSG and he dies defending the capital?

• Like 3

As of now, BW is leaning towards JDJ's political and philosophical views. The difference though between JDJ and BW is how they assess, process and solve problems. JDJ is the strange fish in the pond. He is the scholar, philosopher, politician swimming with the men of military background whom he is trying to acclimate to the political environment. These men are men of action who make decisions on their toes as their lives depend on it, whereas the scholar uses debate and careful deliberations to make a conclusion. He also is the one who will set up the legal procedures and laws and he can’t break his own rules.

When BW goes to his father’s war room attended by Ji ran and JDJ and tells them of what he heard from his wife that HIB and the Haedok Gapdo are setting up his father to be the fall guy and once the document signed by the HG group is submitted to the king that YSG will be arrested. JDJ advised retreat and the General who never retreated in 150 battles was aghast, Ji Ran says to go lop off the heads of GTM and HIB and JDJ protested, they cannot do that either that they have to find evidence against them and present it to the Dodang. The General orders JDJ to spit up a plan and JDJ tells them that he has a plan but it will take time. BW states simply that he will make time. The General never asked BW how he is going make time. When YSG said spit up a plan it was an order so he expected the team to make a plan and execute it and BW saying he will make time was obeying orders. YSG trained his sons well to be warriors. Another example when YSG sent the ABC withdrawal to Bang Woo the eldest son, to submit to the Dodang, Bang Woo told Bang Gwa to give the withdrawal to the Dodang and told younger BW to go to Hamju to take his punishment. Bang Won was already on his way but then he got arrested by order of YIG for false charges. Bang Woo made a split second decision not to submit the withdrawal and he interpreted the arrest of his younger brother as a declaration of war by YIG. He went to inform his father that he did not submit the withdrawal as they are now at war with YIG. He made and executed a plan to have YIG believe that the witness against YIG the enemy, was killed. He then produced the witness at the right time to defeat YIG. So if Bang Woo was at the meeting with YSG, Ji Ran and JDJ, I am sure he would have thought of something to scare the Haedok Gapdo changing their mind from signing the document accusing YSG of treason. He would not have let his father lose and would have done something, only not as gripping as Bangwon’s actions. I wonder if the general has an idea of how unpredictable and dangerous his 5th son,Bang won is. Now there will come a time when the split in how to govern will come. YSG might look back to this and ask himself if he should have reined Bang Won, but would it have made a difference?

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 8

육룡이 나르샤 17회
방송일 : 2015.11.30 22:00

일월정에서 해동갑족 전원에게 연명서를 받아낸 방원의 모습을 지켜보던 남천과 비월은 각각 홍인방과 초영에게 이 사실을 전하러 향한다. 적룡스님은 고민을 하다 결국 홍인방에게 붙기로 결심하고, 연희는 초영을 이성계 쪽으로 설득한다. 한편 배를 타고 도망가려던 홍인방은 대근의 배신으로 추포를 당하고, 개경을 빠져나가려던 길태미는 이방지와 마주하는데...

Six Flying Dragons Episode 17 text preview
Air Date : Nov. 30, 2015 PM 22:00

Watching Bang-Won got the whole Haedong Gapjok's signatures, Namcheon and Biwol leave in a hurry to deliver the news to Hong In-Bang and Cho-Young respectively. (* Namcheon is the Biguksa priest, and Biwol is the Hwasadan spy.) After agonizing over a decision, Monk Jeokryong of Biguksa temple finally chooses Hong In-Bang, while Yeon-Hee persuades Cho-Young of Hwasadan to join Yi Seong-Gye's side. Meanwhile, Hong In-Bang is arrested when fleeing by boat, because his servant Daegeun (* Yeon-Hee's rapist in ep 4) betrayed him. Gil Tae-Mi runs into Yi Bang-Ji when he tries to escape the capital.

Edited by homura
  • Like 9

@homura... General Choi will still be around right to defend the old Goryeo from YSG and he dies defending the capital?

General Choi Young was arrested and sent into exile. Later he was executed.

Six Flying Dragons Timeline

http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/post/133176645446/six-flying-dragons-timeline

• In January, Jo Ban’s rebellion (ep 15~16)
  • General Choi Young joined forces with Yi Seong-Gye and drove out the corrupt Dodang trio. Yeom Heung-Bang (Hong In-Bang) and Yim Gyeon-Mi (Gil Tae-Mi) were arrested and executed. Yi In-Im (Yi In-Gyeom) was not killed because he was a good friend with Choi Young. (ep 17)
  • As a result, Choi Young and Yi Seong-Gye became the top 2 leaders of Goryeo court.
  • King U married Choi Young's daughter to maintain his power. 
  • In March, Ming China demanded the return of Goryeo‘s Northern territory which the former King (King Gongmin) had retrieved during his reign. The diplomatic ties between the two countries were significantly damaged.
  • In April, King U and General Choi Young ordered Yi Seong-Gye to go to war against Ming China.
  • Yi Seong-Gye suggested 4 reasons why they should not go to war, but his opinion was dismissed by Choi Young.
  • In May, Yi Seong-Gye’s military withdrawl at Wihwa island (military coup). Wihwa island was the northern border island on the Yalu river between Goryeo and China. His armies returned to the capital.
  • In June, Choi Young was arrested and sent into exile. Yi Seong-Gye seized power.
  • King U sent about 80 armed eunuchs to kill Yi Seong-Gye but his plan ended in failure. The king was deposed and confined in Ganghwa island.
  • Minister Jo Min-Soo joined forces with Yi Saek to enthrone King U’s son, King Chang.
Edited by homura
  • Like 8

@eunsuhae - " BW doesn't seem to perceive it as a "murder". He was only executing an act of justice, turning a wrong into a right..."  

Greetings, my friend, I am surprised there isn't much talk here about the "biggest secret" YBW shared with his new wife...  her response is probably what I would have epected if it says there "I killed three scholar bullies when I was 12..."  I'm still not willing to go there.  I have to rewatch and think more about the good/justice speech.  It was written in there for a reason and it is significant to the plot and I don't think it was just there as a way for YBW to justify murder because if he is guilty of three murders, then he knows, based on his reasoning, that justice demands of him his death three times, so, if his goal is to be a just man, then he needs to commit suicide three times.  I don't know Korean history but, from my perspective, the writers so far are making YBW out to be an idealistic, brash young man in whom you can see emerging courage, wisdom and leadership.  That's why the mass-murder thing is a disconnect for me.  It doesn't fit with the character the writers have been developing, the problem is with the character development not with whether YBW could use a sword or the even more unlikely scenario of him taking out three bullies bigger than him in one night without so much as a scratch..

@chasen8888 - "SFD is not a romantic saguek it’s a combination of historical fact & fiction as to the birth of a new nation and the lives of the people who contributed to its life primarily from BW’s perspective which is being told to us in a very interesting manner."

Very well, said...

• Like 5

Greetings, my friend, I am surprised there isn't much talk here about the "biggest secret" YBW shared with his new wife...  her response is probably what I would have epected if it says there "I killed three scholar bullies when I was 12..." 

The talk was already over a few days ago. Here is a proof.

* The biggest secret of Yi Seong-Gye’s family

You can recognize the ambiguous letters written on the paper : 易姓革命.
It means “Dynastic Revolution”.

Edited by homura
  • Like 9

About killing 3 Sungkyunkwan students, Yi Bang-Won made a confession of his murder in Episode 12.

Yi Bang-Won : (to Nam Eun) You will never make me surrender. You will learn nothing from me. Why? Because I know about war, and you don't know about war. Do you know what war is about? War means... killing people, after all. I started warring when I was twelve. That's me, Yi Bang-Won.

@Mico Ricco Thank you for sharing the latest stills!

Isn't that Jo Yoon Hee? Who is she supposed to be playing? BY and DS's mother? Or another yet unnamed character?

Jo Yoon-Hee's photo is not about SFD but about new Korean movie "The Magician (2015)" starring Yoo Seung-Ho.

http://movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/basic.nhn?code=130786

Edited by homura
  • Like 9

About killing 3 Sungkyunkwan students, Yi Bang-Won made a confession of his murder in Episode 12.

Yi Bang-Won : (to Nam Eun) You will never make me surrender. You will learn nothing from me. Why? Because I know about war, and you don't know about war. Do you know what war is about? War means... killing people, after all. I started warring when I was twelve. That's me, Yi Bang-Won.

Thanks alot for giving a lot of infos & highlights...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Anyway not sure if this already posted here,

Its great to see both of them sharing healthy drink :wub:

• Like 7

Guest caramelcake

Hii~

I've checked the previous pages and it seems like these pictures haven't been posted here yet ^^

CVDWJ5gVEAAG6VX.jpg

CVDGwjaUAAACG7e.jpg

Spoiler

CVDGw9CUAAA1H9_.jpg

---

Gil Tae-mi eye shadow styles :D 

Spoiler

CUvwcBdUwAACfW-.png

cr: kyunccoma, duddjek94, 6_notpure @ twitter.

Edited by caramelcake
Please use a spoiler tag for multiple images

Six Flying Dragons Episodes 15 & 16: Bang Won's Growth

by Amy Gephart (drama fever)

1972988d-f8a0-4545-a705-4f679182fb20.png

Bang Won grew up a lot in these two episodes. He proved that he is finally a man and even successfully intervened in In Bang's scheme! Come discuss the new developments with us!

Life Lessons Learned

• Talking to your wife is super important
  • Boy spies vs. Girl spies - still waiting for an awesome showdown
  • 3 Assassins for the price of 1 is an AWESOME deal
  • Sometimes even scammers tell the truth - but don’t count on it.
  • Even someone wearing WAY too much purple eyeshadow can be embarrassed
  • Chekov’s Keg of Gunpowder will be employed
  • Moo Hyul is as cute as a sword wielding lab puppy

to read more:

http://www.dramafever.com/news/six-flying-dragons-episodes-15--16-bang-wons-growth/

• Like 7

is YAI practicing sword fight? are we to see him in action soon? cant wait

12327967_1632859623642573_1243634996_n.j

cr: @uain_haru_haru

looking so boyish and cute

@yuukisnow I want to ask about same thing...And their gonna have a children before BW become a king?

Yep most of them were born before he became king (9 children + 3 sons who died young)

WOW - they were busy

Edited by nevill
  • Like 7