@valsava did they really believe that much in shamans and seers at the time?

i know a lot of cultures use them, but how powerful was their impact on the king and citizens for that matter?

​@nevill,   Yes every since the beginning of times sort of speak.. In the very beginning they had Shamans and Seers that could communicate with the gods and pass on whatever prophet they received to the people on earth.. Kings come about as being mandated from the heavens.. I can name a few that deals with Shamans and Seers

​but who yielded the power?

did the kings used the shaman & seers to manipulate the citizens or were themselves manipulated by the shaman\seers?

​@nevill,  I had also forgot to mention Queen Seo Dok perfect example of these people using Shamans to control the country and the King

• Like 4

Guest rainmoon

@valsava thanks for the recommendation, I'll have to check out The Great Seer ... Or is it called just The Seer?

​@rainmoon,  It's the great seer you can find @viki 34 episodes.. I think I'll watch it again myself

​Great thanks, I'll check if Dramanfever has it as well, since I have a premium account I've been watching mostly on DF.  

@valsava did they really believe that much in shamans and seers at the time?

i know a lot of cultures use them, but how powerful was their impact on the king and citizens for that matter?

​@nevill,   Yes every since the beginning of times sort of speak.. In the very beginning they had Shamans and Seers that could communicate with the gods and pass on whatever prophet they received to the people on earth.. Kings come about as being mandated from the heavens.. I can name a few that deals with Shamans and Seers

​but who yielded the power?

did the kings used the shaman & seers to manipulate the citizens or were themselves manipulated by the shaman\seers?

​@nevill,  I had also forgot to mention Queen Seo Dok perfect example of these people using Shamans to control the country and the King

​which people using shaman?

those against the ruling king? other biding for the throne?  or "brainwashing" the king into doing there bidding? why? 

Edited by nevill
  • Like 3

@valsava can you recommend a good history (non fiction) book about korea history?

i dont get into it through wikipedia its great for acquiring instant knowledge but for me, i prefer it in a form of a book 

​@nevill, Check your msgs.. 

​can you send me again, for some reason i didnt get it - thanx

• Like 2

@valsava can you recommend a good history (non fiction) book about korea history?

i dont get into it through wikipedia its great for acquiring instant knowledge but for me, i prefer it in a form of a book 

​@nevill,  Just send it this should be very helpful to you.. I also recommend you watch the great seer if you like I'll watch with you.. 

• Like 1

​@nevill,  Just send it this should be very helpful to you.. I also recommend you watch the great seer if you like I'll watch with you.. 

​i actually started to watch it, but its a bit to fantasy for me, when i was younger i really loved reading and watching fantasy - but now im more of sci-fi comics superhero kind of stuff, but it will sure come back to me

so ill see it then

is there a non fictional non fantasy good historical you recommend? 

• Like 2

​i actually started to watch it, but its a bit to fantasy for me, when i was younger i really loved reading and watching fantasy - but now im more of sci-fi comics superhero kind of stuff, but it will sure come back to me

so ill see it then

is there a non fictional non fantasy good historical you recommend? 

​@nevill, I just sent you a site that ha a list of all your non fiction dramas that have been made and you can watch 

Edited by valsava
  • Like 2

This is the second Saguek SSK will play in that I have watch and in TWDR she didn't have to do much acting nor did she talk she did good in thee girl who can see smells she actually held her own I like to see can she pull this off if not I'll never watch another Saguek with her in as the lead female 

• Like 3

This is the second Saguek SSK will play in that I have watch and in TWDR she didn't have to do much acting nor did she talk she did good in thee girl who can see smells she actually held her own I like to see can she pull this off if not I'll never watch another Saguek with her in as the lead female 

​im a huge fan of her and watched TWDR because of her and really liked the story 

and she did an amazing job there, acting this well without talking conversing your feeling without saying them means a lot in my book

and her character was the one that change both king seajong and ddol-bok she save and sacrificed herself for the great  cause 

i just hope she will get a smart and strong female character because i hate week and influential female character 

so i trust her dont worry shewill do an amazing job

• Like 2

Notes

1. Director Shin Kyung-Soo and screenwriters Kim Young-Hyun & Park Sang-Yeonpreviously worked together in 2011 SBS drama series "Tree With Deep Roots."
  2. Actress Shin Se-Kyung previously worked with screenwriters Kim Young-Hyun & Park Sang-Yeon in 2009 MBC drama series "The Great Queen Seondeok” and 2011 SBS drama series "Tree With Deep Roots”.
  3. Filming begins June, 2015

so filming begin this month, i really hope theyll film most of it before airing and not on the go, 

so theyll have enough time for refining and good showcasing

im so exited hope there will be lots of BTS before start and a vid of their first script resding

• Like 3

@irilight,     If you remember in the Seer the girl that had a son by the 2 second to last King in the Guryeo Dynasty before Taejong took over the court I'm wondering  is SSK will play this role (Her son was the last King Taejong gave him poison) remember she work in the Giesang house they trained her just to be with the King she never made it to be Queen and they even took her baby from her she never received status as royal consort ..  Remember her and JI Sung was in love in the early part of they youth but she dump him for the King after all that time he spent looking for her..     

@valsava, I too still need to watch this drama... ! I am not half as fluid in sageuk as you are :)  but trying to correct the error of my ways...;)

My favorites from your list - those that I have seen are Jumong and The Great Queen Seondeok. 
@RainMoon - they are both on DramaFever. That is where I watched them too.

@valsava     She was also in The Great Queen Seondeok (small part). She played Princess Cheon-Myeong (teen). That is why this Production/writer team likes her. This will be her 3rd role with them, this time in the lead.

56_7.jpg

• Like 3

​im a huge fan of her and watched TWDR because of her and really liked the story 

and she did an amazing job there, acting this well without talking conversing your feeling without saying them means a lot in my book

and her character was the one that change both king seajong and ddol-bok she save and sacrificed herself for the great  cause 

i just hope she will get a smart and strong female character because i hate week and influential female character 

​@nevill,  If she's the lady that works in the house of ill repute then yes you would get your wish because Taejong had a thing for that woman and SSK got some heavy shoes to fill and she has to be ruthless and cunning.. But this lady I'm thinking of went to the palace but the one I know of that didn't get to live long in the palace was the King of the last dynasty mother she was kick out after the kind died she even tried to kill Taejong herself..

• Like 3

​@nevill,  If she's the lady that works in the house of ill repute then yes you would get your wish because Taejong had a thing for that woman and SSK got some heavy shoes to fill and she has to be ruthless and cunning.. But this lady I'm thinking of went to the palace but the one I know of that didn't get to live long in the palace was the King of the last dynasty mother she was kick out after the kind died she even tried to kill Taejong herself..

​as far as i know she is a madeup character and didnt actually exist

according to dramawiki

Cast

Main Cast
Extended Cast

cr: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Six_Flying_Dragons

so ssk will be the sister of teajong bodygourd, although i dont yet know the history and this is only what i read somewhere

• Like 3