I'M GLAD BY AND BW MET AND TALKED...HE TOLD HER HE MISSES HER ...SAW SHE WEARS HIS HAIRPIN...A SIGN THAT SHE WILL ALWAYS LOVE HIM...BY WAS A JDJ BELIVER AND LOVED BW UNTIL THE LAST MOMENT!!!THAT SCENE IN FRONT OF JDJ GRAVE WAS SO HARD TO WATCH...

• Like 8

Can't wait to watch the ending in subtitles too! 

But correct me if I'm wrong. If the banchon people followed BY to the island, does that mean the banchon people in TWDR are a totally different group?

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Tamad said:

Can't wait to watch the ending in subtitles too! 

But correct me if I'm wrong. If the banchon people followed BY to the island, does that mean the banchon people in TWDR are a totally different group?

Banchon consists of the original Sungkyunkwan servants (slaves) and Boon-Yi's organization that worked for Jung Do-Jeon (commoners). Boon-Yi and Gap-Boon left for the island with the commoners, while the original Sungkyunkwan slaves (Maeng-Soon) contined to live in Banchon. Therefore, they are different.

• Like 10

I'm savoring EP 50

Tsk Best Swordsman in Three Kingdoms and The Best Swordsman in Joseon ganging up to Bully a little girl!

Cheok Sa Gwang is the best swordsman! the two can't beat her alone! they always have to be a team to be able to bear her!

• Like 10

'Six Flying Dragons' Shin So-yul makes a special appearance as a way to link the finale episode with 'Deep-rooted Tree'

(hancinema)

photo704387.jpg

On the finale of SBS' Monday & Tuesday drama, 'Six Flying Dragons', Mok-ya (Shin So-yul) made a special appearance.

Boon-yi (Sin Se-kyeong) left Yi Bang-won (Yoo Ah-in) and went to Moohaeng Island, where she became the head of the Banchon people. When Yi Bang-won's son, Lee Do (Nam Da-reum) came to see Boon-yi briefly, she gave a hug to him. And time leaped to the future simultaneously.

The scene in the future showed old Boon-yi, who came out of the island to visit the land. She encountered Mok-ya there, who was teaching Hangeul there. Mok-ya is a character, a court lady from the historical drama, 'Deep-rooted Tree'. When Boon-yi learned about Hangeul, she was so happy to realize that Yi Bang-won's son found the path that Jeong Do-jeon (Kim Myeong-min) had been trying to pursue as one of his last resources to establish the ideal society. And this helped Boon-yi close her eyes happily when she breathed her last.

While delivering the scenes, all the scene-stealers of 'Deep-rooted Tree': Geun-ji (Lee Se-na), Ok Tteol-i (Jeong Jong-cheol). Park Po (Sin Seung-hwan). Chotak (Kim Gi-bang) also appeared to solidify the link between the two powerful period dramas, 'Six Flying Dragons' and 'Deep-rooted Tree'.

• Like 7

According to SFD writers' interview today (I'll translate it later), if they make sequel to SFD and TWDR, it would be about King Sejo (Grand Prince Suyang). He was King Sejong's 2nd son but resembled his grandpa Yi Bang-Won. He usurped the throne from his little nephew. You may know him from Princess' Man (공주의 남자, KBS drama) or The Face Reader (관상, Korean movie).

The writers said the sequel's title would be 샘이 깊은 물 Water with Deep Fountain. I don't know if the English translation is right or not, but this title also came from Yong-bi-eo-cheon-ga (Songs of the dragons flying to heaven).

http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/post/128099683001/the-origin-of-six-flying-dragons

Songs of the dragons flying to heaven 

Canto I
Six Flying Dragons in Haedong (the east of the Sea = Korea), Everything they did was blessed by Heaven, Their pasts coincide with ancient sages. (해동 육룡이 나르샤 일마다 천복이시니 고성이 동부하시니…)”

Canto II
A tree with deep roots, Because the wind sways it not, Blossoms Abundantly, And bears fruit. (뿌리 깊은 나무는 바람에 흔들리지 않으므로 꽃이 좋고 열매도 많으니…)”

Canto III
"Water with deep fountain, Because  the drought dries it not, Creates a stream, And flows into the sea.
(샘이 깊은 물은 가뭄에도 그치지 않으므로 냇물을 이루어 바다에 이르니...)

The SFD writers also added "In case of Water with Deep Fountain, there would be no good person for viewers to sympathize with. All of them are villains. That' s the problem. (LOL)"

• Like 16

24 minutes ago, homura said:

The SFD writers also added "In case of Water with Deep Fountain, there would be no good person for viewers to sympathize with. All of them are villains. That' s the problem. (LOL)"

I don't think, it will happen. They are so good in twisting the personalities of their character they'll make something out of it. Yi Bang Won can be considered evil in SFD, he is ironically the main villain in this drama, however viewers sympathize with BangWon and not Jeong Do Jeon. So if they pursue with that drama and select a cast as brilliant as Yoo Ah In they can pull sympathy out of the viewers!

• Like 7

2 hours ago, homura said:

The writers said the sequel's title would be 샘이 깊은 물 Water with Deep Fountain. I don't know if the English translation is right or not, but this title also came from Yong-bi-eo-cheon-ga (Songs of the dragons flying to heaven).

Really?Well i'll add this drama on my list for sure...Thanks @homura for for the summary,news,translations!This drama end made me cry!

• Like 5

13 hours ago, homura said:

Oh, Yoon Moo-Hyul finally met his little master Nam Sejong... :glasses:

Took me a while to get it but HAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA Nam Sejong.

I feel so empty, for real. Have we been doing this for almost 6 months? That's half a year!

I'm so happy that it still had a beautiful ending. Most dramas fall to the ground with the last episode but Dragons has been awesome from beginning to end. I've been crying my eyes out the whole episode. "Can I hug you?" My two eyes were not enough to handle the amount of tears I cried in that scene. At first I was so mad because Bangwon and Boonyi didn't see each other before the timeskip but omg they actually did!

So many cameos too! My heart!!!

Thanks to @homura for all the historical facts, translations, and insights!

P.S. The conclusion to all of this is Moohyul is a vampire. That's why he didn't age. lol

• Like 9

Ratings (Neilsen)

Ep 47     Nationwide 16.7% (+0.7)      Seoul 17.9% (+0.5)
Ep 48     Nationwide 16.2% (-0.5)      Seoul 17.9% (+0.0)
Ep 49     Nationwide 16.2% (+0.0)      Seoul 17.9% (+0.0)
Ep 50     Nationwide 17.3% (+1.1)      Seoul 18.8% (+0.9)

• Like 9

Thank you @homura for all your wonderful translations and historical insights.  I didn't think I would lvoe this series as much as I do.  I'm watching Tree now and I'll probably rewatch SFD when I finish it.  The entire cast were all brilliant in their respective roles.  The writer did a great job in allowing the characters like BW and JDJ to have dual roles.  Even though BW became the "villain" in the end, we as viewers were still allowed to sympathize with him.  I think it was only fitting that even thought BW gained so much power, he grew to be lonely.  He allowed MH and BY to leave his side because that was the  one thing that he could keep of his old self. When I was watching Tree, initially I thought MH stood by BW even after taking the throne.

• Like 4

WOW. The meaning of this drama is very powerful. I am already missing the BTS crew, the cast...anyone who contributed to making such a well written drama. While watching this drama, I became very fascinated with the real historical facts so that's another reason this drama is amazing. The ending...I think i couldn't ask for a better ending. I'm happy those who survived, survived. Lee Bang Won: "She's Poetic." Boon Yi was every little detail, poetic. Seeing the last episode, I understand how strong she is. The love story between Lee Bang Won and Boon Yi was so bittersweet. After everything, they understood one another...makes one beautiful love story and to me, its undying. Lee Bang Won was insanely brutal yet still human with heart, he realized the price of power, loneliness. Whoa, I can't say enough about Yoo Ah In...when I see him acting onscreen, he's all I see. lol

Kudos to everyone who made Six Flying Dragons what it is. I miss it still. Not sure how I would react to Mondays and Tuesdays for the next few weeks....:(

KUDOS TO EVERYONE WHO TRANSLATED THE EPISODES FOR NON-KOREAN SPEAKING FANS! LOL KUDOS ALSO TO THOSE WHO WERE SO HELPFUL IN EXPLAINING THE HISTORICAL FACTS RELATED TO SIX FLYING DRAGONS!

• Like 12

Got up early this morning to watched subbed version before going to work.

It was an amazingly perfect ending. (Even though BW and BY did not end up together, but this is the best ending there is, actually better than if they were. I love them so much tho, this hurts.)

Yesterday I said for me it's like BW's growth/development story, after watching ep 50, I think it wrapped up nicely by concluding with everyone's growth.

I love how BW saw the characteristics of the people whom he missed in his son, and how his son saw himself (how much he looked like his stern father) through BY's eyes and how he got to see his father in another light (the romantic side). It shed different light on the TWDR story for the father/son relationship. 

I love what @azzurri's interpretation of BY wearing her hair up with the hairpin as though she was married to BW.

And how BW saw letting the people he cared for the most go is the way to keep a part of himself, even though it made him lonely "as always". And that he cared so much about what MH thought about the politics even after years, he tried to keep his promise from his younger days to his friends, even when he might seem like such a cruel/greedy king to many, including his wife. 

The way he sat when he talked to his wife, and the way he spoke, as compared to the way his eyes lit up when he saw his friends.

And of course, how old BY found comfort in the fact that BW's son managed something JDJ thought was unattainable. 

How the three warriors tried had their last fight, BJ trying to tell CSG that it was not her fault like wheat YH told him, and how CSG thanked MH the second time. 

EVERYTHING made me tear up in these two episodes. 

And here we thought BY and BW didn't get to see each other the last time, but they did and that scene :bawling: and I guessed Sejong would get to see BY more in the future? 

Not to mention surprise about Ha Ryun as an ex-member of Moo Myung! 

This has become the best drama I have ever watched ever, I think. 

(I am not sure if I will watch the next series though, if it ever happened, a series about villains only... I dunno...)

• Like 14