^Thanks for posting! OMG Byun Yo Han, I share your sentiments. I don't want to let him go too.

TRANS: "I don't want to let Gil Tae Mi go. That really cold day... I think I will remember it for a long time. You've worked hard. Also, thank you. Sunbae-nim."

I don't remember how many times I watched the first 10 min of episode 18. So epic!

I really like it but I still can't shake this thought off my head. What if Jang Tae Yoo directed this? Ugh. I hate myself sometimes.

Hong In Bang is really evil and I hate him so much but his words always make me think. A lot of his lines are really memorable and leave a big impact on me. From that moment he and Bang Won debated about good and evil, that you would never know if you're a chicken or a bird until you try to fly... To when he talked to Sam Bong about the rattle... And when he talked about his heart racing as he listened to Sam Bong's words only to become the Hong In Bang we know today... And then his lines in this episode. /claps

It's sad that ratings are dropping (romcoms tend to bring in the ratings) but I wouldn't exchange this show for anything right now. After watching so many romcoms with the same plot and cheese, Six Flying Dragons is exactly what I need. Kudos to Park Hyuk Kwon and Jeon No Min for amazing portrayals of their characters!

• Like 6

@earthna30 thanx for translating  - i feel exactely like you about HIB & GTM 

and HIB first started as an idealist - and i think the last of their conversation (with BW) he looked so sorrowful - as if wishing BW a different future 

as if BW even though HIB was convinced there is only one way can bring another fute

and at least PHK well have as GSM  - i was wondering when i saw him watch his twin getting killed

how did he know to come that day?

is it the twin rumored connection? 

• Like 4

@valsalva, the comment on LM was for this episode and not for the future because as of then she does not know yet if her husband's family will win and her comment about General Choi not happy about her father in law getting into the Dodang is spot on. We don't know just as she does not what the future holds as the writers are not into that part of the story yer. But will she help her family like you said in the future? I do agree as seen by BW himself that his wife is extraordinary in her grasp of politics and she is as ambitious as he is, something that he does not want to accept of himself yet.

• Like 2

hello everyone...

new to this forum as just now started watching SFD and finished 3 epis in one day. At first I thought to not to start this one cause it 50 epi long n i was not sure whether i could invest that many hours but after watching first epi it was just impossible to stop.

its one interesting drama that you cant ignore once started....

Need one information...as I am not aware of Korean history if there is any site (english) that I can refer to get more details of korean history thats been showing in this drama to get a better understanding of whats happening here.

Thanks everyone in advance...

• Like 3

@sadhli Welcome to our thread and I hope you will enjoy your stay here as much as you're enjoying the drama. For the historical background, you can check our friend @homura's blog on tumblr where you can find a compilation of relevant information that will help you better understand the story. Or you can ask them here directly if you need to know more :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sadhli said:

@eunsuhaethank you so very much friend for the information. It will surely help me in understanding korean history better. And surely post my doubts here also...

And thank you for the your warm welcome...:)

OMG I forgot to give you the link to the tumblr blog, my bad! Here it is : http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/

And welcone once again :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, srainy . said:

I've just watched episode 18 and I honestly can't tell if Lady Min staying for the tidbit about future government that Boonyi and Bangwon was discussing or just jealous it's not her he's having the tete-a-tete with especially after she was asking about the revolution and its plans. I'm sure jealousy was part the reason but I definitely think it was amplified knowing that Boonyi knows what she (LM) wants to know. But I hope they keep it as this and not bring it down to petty jealousy - I really hate watching women fight over a man.
I can't remember if they were expecting General Choi Young to follow JDJ in their plan for a new Joseon but it was an accurate observation Lady Min made that he wouldn't agree and she isn't directly involved in the revolution or has much knowledge in the proceedings and modus operandi as of present.

I think she was really impressed with Bangwon in his dealings with Haedonggapjok :lol:
Also, I have to put it out here - I repeated the scene where Bangwon gave a little smirk to Lady Min after she kept hitting him with questions because he looked SO. GOOD. ;)

Anyway, I liked the little conversation Bangwon had with Boonyi about the worm in his heart. I guess he knows it's in him that he had to let Boonyi know to knock him back right up to JDJ's lane if ever the whispers of his darker side wins. Well....we know how that turned out history wise lol. :P

I can't help but sometimes scoff or go "Uh huh Bangwon, uh huh suuuuure yeah" whenever Bangwon goes goggle-eyed over JDJ's plans and agrees to it or anything because I can't get rid of the image I have of how he turned out in history. But it's this change I'm really looking forward to in the drama and how the writers are gonna work history into it.

@srainy . I tend to agree that she was jealous for all the reasons you stated. She is politically savvy and intelligent and she saw that in her husband and it is very natural for her to be attracted to him. She is also used to power and she now sees the Yi family power that she underestimated when she first negotiated with BW. The Yi family holds power she never thought about being insulated as the daughter of Haedok Gapdo who held power quietly through money and influence. And of course the man himself is something to behold,( in this drama anyway, hehehe). Why would she not feel attraction for BW? So, yes she is jealous, it will not be realistic for her not to be. She is not a character who is saintly or shy. She is a daughter of the leader of the Haedok Gapdo after all. I think it would be remiss of the writers to paint her as the saintly and wise yoda-ish wife.  She by nature is competitive as her husband and early on in her marriage she sees a rival and she realizes it is not just a sexual attraction, that the woman her husband chose to be with at that moment is also smart confidant and trusted companion. There must be all kinds of imagining going in her mind. So for me, I like where the writers are going. I think from now she will do everything in her power to show Bang Won how important she is and will be in his life through her connections and political knowledge. It would also be realistic for her to be threatened by BY's relationship with her husband especially when hers is a political marriage and she was the one who emphasized that stance when she refused bedding on their wedding night. So yeah, I expect some wit for wit competition between the two. The difference would be on their political goals for the man they both love. For BY is more global and selfless service that include the weak, for LM for more selfish goals of containing power within the strong. Knowing the historical BW, I would say that both influenced him greatly. Historically he was known to be a great king who did enforce the reforms of JDJ and took care of the people.

What I really do think is missing is Boon Yi's passion that we saw in the beginning episodes. I actually agree with @chickpea  that it is time for Boon Yi to let BW love her the way he wants to love her. I don't know if this platonic, symbolic love is believable or realistic for BW. I also miss the "poetic/romantic" Boon Yi of the first episodes. Where is she? Now she has her brother and YH, time for her to think of herself and be happy, face whatever she has to face and work for her political goals representing the people bravely.

• Like 3

I love MH. He is so adorable in his simplicity and so, so very wise. I want to give him a big hug.

He says that BW earned his respect and loyalty when he saw BW fight for his father and obtained the means to defeat HIB through a difficult decision where he BW could have died himself. He said that because of the defeat of HIB and GTM he saw for the first time people smiling freely in the market place that he was so touched. He therefore pledged himself to be the bodyguard of BW. I was so touched by what he said it made me teary.

I love how BW tells him that by giving him his sword, that was already an official assignment of his rank as his bodyguard. I tried looking in TWDR if it is the same sword, LOL. I guess it would be  the same sword that he will point at BW when he Yi Do commands him to defend YI Do as the king? I am thinking, BW if you only knew. and MH if only you knew how BW will make the world cry too. I am watching TWDR also.

• Like 6