On 11/30/2015 at 6:43 AM, MiAmour said:

On 11/30/2015 at 6:25 AM, nevill said:
On 11/30/2015 at 6:22 AM, yuukisnow said:

Yep most of them were born before he became king (9 children + 3 sons who died young)

WOW - they were busy

LOL that 9 children related with his concubines right?:rolleyes:

official update

Nope BW was an active man XD

He had 12 children wit LM

9 with another concubine

etc

he had around 25 children LOL

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

Edited by lupita311
Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos
  • Like 7

Hello little dragons! :D

I had a busy weekend (btw happy belated thanksgiving to our friends in the US) and now that I've finished back-reading, I feel both excited for the new arc but a bit sad as I'm not ready yet to part with our evil trio, especially GTM. I'm pretty sure he's going to die in an epic fight against YBJ (much to MH's chagrin lol). It'd be more impactful for dramatic effect but it'd also be in character for GTM who might be flawed in many ways but has a lot of pride as a swordman. He won't give in easily and let himself be executed in shame. If die he must, then he'll go down while fighting.

Edited by eunsuhae
  • Like 6

Hello little dragons! :D

I had a busy weekend (btw happy belated thanksgiving to our friends in the US) and now that I've finished back-reading, I feel both excited for the new arc but a bit sad as I'm not ready yet to part with our evil trio, especially GTM. I'm pretty sure he's going to die in an epic fight against YBJ (much to MH's chagrin lol). It'd be more impactful for dramatic effect but it'd also be in character for GTM who might flawed in many ways but has a lot of pride as a swordman. He won't give in easily and let himself be executed in shame. If die he must, then he'll go down while fighting.

its the best way to go - still im so sad

• Like 5

About killing 3 Sungkyunkwan students, Yi Bang-Won made a confession of his murder in Episode 12.

Yi Bang-Won : (to Nam Eun) You will never make me surrender. You will learn nothing from me. Why? Because I know about war, and you don't know about war. Do you know what war is about? War means... killing people, after all. I started warring when I was twelve. That's me, Yi Bang-Won.

Thank you @homura for enlightening us one more time. I remember the scene and the gist of the conversation but not with so much detail. This goes to show that we should pay attention to the littlest of things in this drama as it proves to be so important every time. This confession is so subtle it can easily go over an inattentive viewer's head. I can also see the nuance of the meaning getting lost in translation too.

As to BW justifying his "crime" and feeling guilty about it, I don't think it is the case here @chickpea. I remember him coming to the conclusion going along the lines of "if being good means embracing even the evil then being just is to unroot/eliminate the evil". In that moment, young BW in his mentally disturbed state was convinced he was bringing justice by eliminating the three evil scholars. He doesn't feel any guilt about it because of his conviction.

In fact, even older BW doesn't seem to be extremely "bothered" by people dying if it means it's the only way to move foreward towards the achievement of the greater cause. There was that scene with DS, JDJ and BW in the cave where DS demands angrily how many people have to die in the process while BW considered them as collateral damage. This doesn't seem to be a big deal now but it's a hint to BW's dark side that is there but hasn't gotten out of control yet because I'm sure this is only the beginning of a gap in our dragons thinking that will only get bigger until it reaches the breaking point and the rather tragic ending of their bond we all know about.

• Like 8

QOTD:

"What Sambong said might have made your heart flutter. But think about it carefully. What is it really that made your heart flutter, is it because of the country Sambong is dreaming of or is it because you want to own that country?" ~ Hong In Bang to Bang Won

Side note: It's so cute that Bangwon called Boonyi as "Captain Boonyi", just like the servants in the market. <3

• Like 8

About killing 3 Sungkyunkwan students, Yi Bang-Won made a confession of his murder in Episode 12.

Yi Bang-Won : (to Nam Eun) You will never make me surrender. You will learn nothing from me. Why? Because I know about war, and you don't know about war. Do you know what war is about? War means... killing people, after all. I started warring when I was twelve. That's me, Yi Bang-Won.

@Mico Ricco Thank you for sharing the latest stills!

Isn't that Jo Yoon Hee? Who is she supposed to be playing? BY and DS's mother? Or another yet unnamed character?

Jo Yoon-Hee's photo is not about SFD but about new Korean movie "The Magician (2015)" starring Yoo Seung-Ho.

http://movie.naver.com/movie/bi/mi/basic.nhn?code=130786

@homura.. thank you for all the information,

and for sighting the conversation piece of YBW and EN which gives us a peek at what EN discovers about YBW in that prison. He and YBJ are the people whom, me as part of the audience can see through their eyes. the darker sides of Yi Bang Won. From my perspective the writers in this drama are not wanting to rehabilitate BW into an idealistic, good all around hero instead the writers are wanting us to see the complicated and different facets of his personality and what drives him to be LBW.

He was very young 12 year idealist who idolized his father as the strongest man and found that his father isn't and he was angry at his father and at the people who shamed his father. He then found JDJ, the strongest man and thought that he would go to Seonggunkwan to learn from JDJ but witnessed him tortured and carted away to exile. Then he meets HIB who is the opposite of whom or what he expected him to be. HIB is the same as YIG the man he called evil, a man who encouraged and rewarded bullies and BW witnessed great scholars shamed, commit suicide or leave the school.Will the young BW then remain idealistic at this point? The young BW had to make wrong right the only way he knew how, the way he was taught as a warrior's son, growing up in a military camp is execution of the traitor or the attacker. The bullies dared to attack him. In that conversation with HIB, he agreed that he was as evil as HIB but he did it for justice and honor, as opposed to HIB who traded justice and his humanity for greed and power. He was saying to HIB that there is a difference in the the "evil" they committed that what he did was just. He was only 12 years old and HIB was an adult. HIB tried to make him retract what he said by bullying him into becoming like himself HIB. The way I see it, the writers are showing us the journey of his psyche the change in his beliefs and values and why he is BW. .

He viewed HIB as a traitor who sold himself to greed and that he will never be the same as HIB. In the conversation with HIB at the temple when he went to save BY, he said as much that he was lost in that he could not find the fire of idealism but he found it again. He found a way not to be like HIB, he found his idealism in the teacher JDJ and inspiration in BY. BW is the wild card and JDJ as his teacher tries to tame him, but will he?

• Like 7

QOTD:

"What Sambong said might have made your heart flutter. But think about it carefully. What is it really that made your heart flutter, is it because of the country Sambong is dreaming of or is it because you want to own that country?" ~ Hong In Bang to Bang Won

Side note: It's so cute that Bangwon called Boonyi as "Captain Boonyi", just like the servants in the market. <3

This is from today's episode right? Wow, the kind of words that might haunt BW all his life. HIB remains devilish till the end, planting that grain of doubt in BW's heart so even if he's not around anymore, he will torture BW with this hideous thought forever.

Those who watched the episode, does GTM die? :tears:

• Like 4

Those who watched the episode, does GTM die? :tears:

Not yet. He will die tomorrow. :sweatingbullets:

So, on the paper Lady Min was reading, there was 역성혁명 목자득국 (易姓革命 木子得國)
It means "Dynastic revolution will happen, and Yi family will get the new nation."

Yi (李) = 木 + 子

Edited by homura
  • Like 9

Morning Dragons,  First off thanks for the stills and your comments.. I've might been out of action in the thread but still watching this amazing drama that never let us down at the ending of each episode.. Today's cliffhanger was just the best I was hoping MH would have been the one to take out GTM but he's a procrastinator can't make up his mind and when he do it's always to late at this rate he will never get BY he's still admiring her and when he get up the courage someone else will come along or she will tell him to kick cans.. LOL   Well just as I thought Elder stab GTM and HIB in the back he did it as payback to HIB for having him kick out but the other Elder general is scolding LBY why I have to see just what's that all about I know that old man is behind it and he's going after JDJ life he knows JDJ can out wit him and he can't have that but who they should fear nobody is paying attention to and that's BW look at how he called his In-laws bluff with a box of rocks.. I thought payback was sweet for him as he gave HIB his last departing words now they got to find some kind of way to get rid of Elder once and for all which will come down to BW job I think      

• Like 3

Thank you @homura for that letter translation.

I was a bit impatient when they were trying to catch the trios. Why must they let HIB get away so easily, but the truth is I really love GTM character. Even to the very end he still remain being the flashy swordsman... can't wait for the showdown tomorrow between him and YBJ

• Like 5

Thank you @homura for that letter translation.

I was a bit impatient when they were trying to catch the trios. Why must they let HIB get away so easily, but the truth is I really love GTM character. Even to the very end he still remain being the flashy swordsman... can't wait for the showdown tomorrow between him and YBJ

According to Jung Do-Jeon's comment in ep 17, Gil Tae-Mi is so famous for killing over 70 people by himself at the rebellion of Heungwangsa temple in 1363. That's why nobody dares to touch Gil Tae-Mi and let him take Hong In-Bang so easily. JDJ said they would need as many soldiers as possible to catch GTM.

* The rebellion of Heungwangsa temple in 1363.

In March 1363, Traitor Kim Yong sent about 50 assassins to kill King Gongmin, but Eunuch An Do-Chi, Princess Noguk, and General Choi Young stopped the assassination attempt. This incident was mentioned in Ep. 10 Jung Do-Jeon’s comment about Traitor Kim Yong who betrayed and killed Goryeo's 4 war heroes of the Red Turban invasions.

Today, the writers added that Gil Tae-Mi was also the one who stopped the assassins. It's not historically true. :phew:

Edited by homura
  • Like 10

Guest srainy .

Nope BW was an active man XD ...He had 12 children wit LM

9 with another concubine.. he had around 25 children LOL

Alright nice plot thou.. but honestly im more interested to see the 6 dragons :rolleyes:

you don't have to worry, the 6 dragons are gonna be around - they're the titular characters after all :rolleyes:^_^

Some FB updates

(GTM pics)

He will be missed! Love his flashy humourous ways~!