Thank you @ homura, agree about YBW that he was able to divine HIB's intentions, and the circumstances may have been changed by the writers but it was humiliation and loss of face that was the driving force for revenge and framing. Brilliant writing. Different circumstances but the same intentions.

So Nurhaci the Jurchen Leader who established the Ching Dynasty and was setting up diplomatic relations with King Gwanghaegun is the same one who was a relative of Yi Ji Ran??? interesting!!!

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 6

WOW Congratulation Yoo Ah In received award for The Best Lead Actor:D 

Thank you @homura for all information about history in SFD! You are the best;)

@rainmoon so beautiful gif:D did you have more gif with MH from ep 16? I love him more and more:lol:

off topic 

Today I experienced huge shock... I saw first in my life kdrama in national tv in my country!!!!:w00t: I just drop dead... I am soo happy!!!! Now I can watch "Empress Qi" with my language translator..ZERO SUBTITLES!! Welcome kdrama in POLAND:D:D This could be even better if this was be SFD;) But who knows... maybe in the future:P

Good for you... Enjoy!!!

• Like 6

@rainmoon so beautiful gif:D did you have more gif with MH from ep 16? I love him more and more:lol:

off topic 

Today I experienced huge shock... I saw first in my life kdrama in national tv in my country!!!!:w00t: I just drop dead... I am soo happy!!!! Now I can watch "Empress Qi" with my language translator..ZERO SUBTITLES!! Welcome kdrama in POLAND:D:D This could be even better if this was be SFD;) But who knows... maybe in the future:P

Is it not possible for u to watch Empress Ki online or download wth EngSubs? I watched twice.. Kdramas are getting better n better tht we just find it so hard to vote. Even their child actors/actresses are fantastic.

• Like 5

off topic 

Is it not possible for u to watch Empress Ki online or download wth EngSubs? I watched twice.. Kdramas are getting better n better tht we just find it so hard to vote. Even their child actors/actresses are fantastic.

I watch this drama with EngSub before but this was little harder bacause I must fallow translation in not my language- and my english is not perfect...;) Now I can be more focused in action not subtitles. Another reason why I am happy- because now I can watch kdrama on big screen not in front of my not so big computer:lol:;) I am really suprice because I was thinking that in my country kdrama is not that much popular like in other countries... Big shock for my today:w00t:This is first kdrama in my national tv and I hope there will be more:D

• Like 5

off topic 

I watch this drama with EngSub before but this was little harder bacause I must fallow translation in not my language- and my english is not perfect...;) Now I can be more focused in action not subtitles. Another reason why I am happy- because now I can watch kdrama on big screen not in front of my not so big computer:lol:;) I am really suprice because I was thinking that in my country kdrama is not that much popular like in other countries... Big shock for my today:w00t:This is first kdrama in my national tv and I hope there will be more:D

Kdrama or Jdrama are popular in my country. However with local language subs only selected dramas and usuallyusually aired few weeks or months late. For those who can speak English, no choice but to follow online.

However the community I am in (plantation) where many are non English speakers so I am quite alone here watching and enjoying with noone to discuss with. Hubby only enjoys golfing and soccer! Thanks to Soompi and other chat groups hehehe I get the opportunity to share and enjoy all the comments here.

• Like 5

@homura Thank you very much for all the historical background! You are truly our lifeline to understanding the times and motivations in this drama.

YBW is indeed proving to be more and more the other side of the same coin to HIB. Ironically HIB first recognised this in the boy, which explains why he had been chipping away steadily at his defenses to get him to completely be like him, thus justifying his own defection.

易姓革命. Assuming Hanja has similar meaning to its Chinese counterpart, this then refers to their current plan to overthrow Goryeo, which basically is YBW putting the fate of not just the Yi family, but everyone else involved in the cause, in Lady Min's hands. A massive gamble with far-reaching consequences. I have to wonder if he even discussed this with YSG or JDJ. This is again evident when he threatened to blow up the Haedonggap Clan as well as every other person on his side who accompanied him at the time. Which then again proves his be-all and end-all approach in life, one where collateral damage is acceptable in the large scheme of things.

• Like 8

Thank you sooooo much for the history lesson, it certainly adds to the enjoyment of this drama..

This drama continues to be awesome !  By the end of ep 16 my palms were actually sweating !   Not knowing what was in that box was brilliant  (although I have to say I thought Boon Yi might have done exactly what she did, but still could not be totally  sure..again, awesome)

It's been so interesting that for once I don't mind that it's 50 ep..

Yoo Ah In  definitely deserved his Award ! The rest of the cast is amazing as well, wish they could all get awards..can't wait 'til next week..

e16a2058fecb444b5225e2fc7e75ba1e.jpg

• Like 8

Guest srainy .

@homura Thank you very much for all the historical background! You are truly our lifeline to understanding the times and motivations in this drama.

YBW is indeed proving to be more and more the other side of the same coin to HIB. Ironically HIB first recognised this in the boy, which explains why he had been chipping away steadily at his defenses to get him to completely be like him, thus justifying his own defection.

易姓革命. Assuming Hanja has similar meaning to its Chinese counterpart, this then refers to their current plan to overthrow Goryeo, which basically is YBW putting the fate of not just the Yi family, but everyone else involved in the cause, in Lady Min's hands. A massive gamble with far-reaching consequences. I have to wonder if he even discussed this with YSG or JDJ. This is again evident when he threatened to blow up the Haedonggap Clan as well as every other person on his side who accompanied him at the time. Which then again proves his be-all and end-all approach in life, one where collateral damage is acceptable in the large scheme of things.

I suppose this marks the start of Lady Min's involvement in the revolution. I doubt she'd stay quiet and put knowing something this immense is brewing underneath - she's the style to make sure she and her family benefits from it too.

Bang Won is dangerous in that way like has been said in the drama itself; he does not indulge his plans to others, so Jung Do Jeon and co could never control him and tamp him down.

a cute little dragon

cr: @jje774927

is this little boy part of the cast?

Edited by srainy .

I actually watched Ep15 C-subbed first... so that part was translated as 饭桶, which literally means rice bucket/barrel, not rice cooker as per English subs. @homura, could you please help to clarify what Moo Hyul was actually saying? My interpretation is that they view YBW as the one who makes provision for them in terms of their needs... as @USAFarmgirl says, their provider.

I'm sorry for my late reply. You are right. It was Bap-Tong (밥통) in Korean: a boiled-rice container [tub] according to my Korean-English dictionary.  But when we Koreans say Bap-Tong today, it usually refers to the electronic rice cooker. :lol:

a cute little dragon

cr: @jje774927

is this little boy part of the cast?

Oh, I went to the istagram to see the Hangul caption. It says...

#Yi Bang-Seok  #Yi Seung-Woo #New start #Let's do well ^^
Six Flying Dragons. Yi Bang-Seok. Yi Bang-Won's youngest brother. Today we started our first shooting. etc.

So, this child actor's name is Yi Seung-Woo. He will play Yi Bang-Seok who is Yi Seong-Gye's 8th son and the youngest half brother of Yi Bang-Won.

He is the future crown prince of Joseon supported by Jung Do-Jeon. :(

Edited by homura
  • Like 8

@homura does it mean that LSG is already king? where are we historically? 

is LSG after defeating HIB & GTM LSG becomes a king? 

but it is now king U, right? im sorry im a bit confused with the time line?

also another question - does Joseon comes from the word Jurchen? 

• Like 2

@homura does it mean that LSG is already king? where are we historically? 

is LSG after defeating HIB & GTM LSG becomes a king? 

but it is now king U, right? im sorry im a bit confused with the time line?

also another question - does Joseon comes from the word Jurchen? 

Six Flying Dragons Timeline (Updated up to ep. 12)
http://bodashiri.tumblr.com/post/133176645446/six-flying-dragons-timeline

Currently it's January 1388 when Jo Ban's rebellion broke out and both Yeom Heung-Bang(Hong In-Bang) and Yim Gyeon-Mi(Gil Tae-Mi) were overthrown.  About 5 months later, Yi Seong-Gye's military withdrawal at Wihwa island is going to happen, and King U will be deposed.

The name of Joseon was originated from Jurchen? Interesting question.

There is a famous Nationalist historian named Shin Chae-Ho who insisted that Joseon and Jurchen came from the same name. But his claim met with a lot of counterarguments. Nobody knows the truth.

What is certain is that Joseon was the name of the first Korean kingdom founded about 4300 years ago. It is called Go-Joseon(古朝鮮, old Joseon), and the new dynasty founded by Yi Seong-Gye in 1392 is called Shin-Joseon(新朝鮮, new Joseon) or Joseon(朝鮮)

Edited by homura
  • Like 7

The name of Joseon was originated from Jurchen? Interesting question. There are famous Nationalist historian named Shin Chae-Ho who insisted that Joseon and Jurchen came from the same name. But his claim met with a lot of counterargument. Nobody knows the truth. What is certain is that Joseon was the name of the first Korean kingdom founded about 4300 years ago.

so JDJ want to revive Joseon of 4300  therefor giving it the same name? 

• Like 2

Six Flying Dragons: Episode 15

by HeadsNo2 (dramabeans)
sixflyingdragons15-00217.jpg
Though it may not be Moo-hyul’s turn to be introduced as one of the dragons, I’d be a slimy politician’s uncle if I didn’t at least give him points for effort. Reunions abound in an episode that takes the time to set the table for what’s to come, resulting in our long lost siblings getting a chance to hug it out after years of Bang-ji being a jerk just ’cause. But he’s a well-meaning jerk at least, and that counts for something.
to read more:
  • Like 6

so JDJ want to revive Joseon of 4300  therefor giving it the same name? 

Yes, JDJ wanted to revive the ancient kingdom and its old territory 

thanx @homura i bookmared your site but now i bookmarked the timeline separately. so we can assume that the sereis is to show us till 1398? the first of the prince strife? 

. Korean SFD fans are guessing that it will cover the second strife of Princes (1400) and Bang-Won's coronation.

• Like 7