@mjang I am very flattered by your request... by all means, do go ahead if you think that my ramblings warrant repeating. Thank you very much.

Am on a Tree with Deep Roots rewatch... and viewing the drama with fresh eyes, especially within the context of what we have seen so far of SFD. Currently on Ep2 and that scene in the forest, when Moo Hyul raises his sword against YBW... chills, knowing as we do where they were 30 years prior. And when Yi Do lists out the names of all who died at the hands of his father... the names were no longer just names, but I finally could put faces to them from SFD. Comparing YBW of Tree with Deep Roots, to his younger self, especially the way he ruthlessly orchestrated the persecution of Prime Minister Shim On... and it is almost a certainty that he lost a part of his humanity and moral stop-gate... all of which indicates his loss of BY somewhere along the way...

:D thank you..

I need to prepare myself watching TWDR... I watched the 1st episode... but LBW character as the ex-king was very 'frightening'... so I hold off on that until I finish 6FD. 

• Like 5

@zenya22 loved you reply post 

i wonder what would it mean for LM to be abandoned  - her father did tell her to "escape" but as a married woman would she be not able to marry again , and in fact can a wife leave her husband hos? it seems LM is really putting herself tat risk - showing how far sighted she is 

Well LM married BW because she thinks that his father YSG will be the one who will win the battle for power and not HIB. So they all act out the drama of the scandal and she gets thrown out by the father in front of HIB. She convinces her father that she is right in her predictions and so marries BW. If you notice the father is not in the wedding because they are trying to play out the drama they created that he threw out his scandalous daughter and disapproved of the marriage. Now in the coming battle if YSG wins then all is well and the father can then become friends with the Yi family and support them but if HIB wins then the father will be forced to abandon her to the Yi family and become a non supporter of the Yi family to save the Min family from the wrath of HIB who will probably take revenge on the Yi family. LM says that she believes in the Yi family and that young man meaning BW.

hr father anted her to escape although she is legally married, right? what would have happened to her were she was found out being at her father?

She is legally married but if you remember she did not sleep with BW because she did not want to get prego and have his children until she was sure that the Yi family was the winner. That is why the father who was threatened by by HIB thought that HIB will win and so he told her to escape that he will send someone for her as soon as the signed the document falsely accusing the general of treasonous actions was handed to HIB

Shame on them!!! That is why BW said, what have you been doing for 700 years? When the enemy were attacking Goryeo you all escaped to Gagwha island to write poems about the suffering of the people and compared who wrote the better poem while not being affected by the suffering you wrote about in your poems. He then described  what HIB will do to them. While   people like his father were fighting the enemy to free Goryeo of the enemy. BW will not forget.

• Like 6

i think that DS from now on LBJ had folded his wings put out the fire and sent his dragon to hibernation mode

therefore i think just like MH we need to see him becoming a dragon again after he has motivation and purpose 

i think his wings are not folded but a just redirected, before he had no purpose he was lost but now he has a purpose, love of YH and BY. which will eventually translate to the belief in the purpose of JDJ but not BW. he already said to BY that "guy" does not seem to be fighting for the same prupose you and JDJ are fighting for and the way I see it, I agree with him. It seems that this revolution was lead bu the nobility and it was just a change of leadership and transferring of power and the people who fought for the change will be the one who will be sacrificed.   

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 4

i think that DS from now on LBJ had folded his wings put out the fire and sent his dragon to hibernation mode

therefore i think just like MH we need to see him becoming a dragon again after he has motivation and purpose 

i think his wings are not folded but a just redirected, before he had no purpose he was lost but now he has a purpose, love of YH and BY. which will eventually translate to the belief in the purpose of JDJ but not BW. he already said to BY that "guy" does not seem to be fighting for the same prupose you and JDJ are fighting for.  

i think he did have a purpose - killing the man who made him and YH this way and "saving" Georyo per JDJ saying 

after killing and discovering its even worst he lost his way but to me he is still not fully sure what his purpose in life is - will he ever know - according to TWDR 

and i think the dragons are ppl with specific purpose - maybe he is the keeper of them  - but i want him to have a purpose that is his 

• Like 3

the strong woman of SFD

cr: http://entertain.naver.com/read?aid=0003209768&cid=1009864&gid=999339&oid=109&lfrom=kakao

Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos

Where is Gap Boon cause for me she is one strong young woman too. She loved and followed DS and found a living as a pan player and singer. I hope that YBJ will not just abandon her.

Edited by lupita311
Don't quote pictures, gifs, videos
  • Like 4

@kirak thanx for the pic

its funny how the sack actually look like a royal cape - instead of disheveled she looks royal and elegant 

hard fit to pull with a sack 

watching the pic reminds me how this scene brought tears to my eyes - as im watering right now

they really look good together here 

JDJ & YH

and i can understand the jealousy of DS - who is lurking watching them from the shadows  

• Like 5

the strong woman of SFD

Where is Gap Boon cause for me she is one strong young woman too. She loved and followed DS and found a living as a pan player and singer. I hope that YBJ will not just abandon her. 

youre right  - i dont know maybe bc she is not strictly considered lead?

but in most places she is referred to as a strong female character

12277387_677891719014879_1369194455_n.jp

cr: smilegasna

this is for you

• Like 5

i think his wings are not folded but a just redirected, before he had no purpose he was lost but now he has a purpose, love of YH and BY. which will eventually translate to the belief in the purpose of JDJ but not BW. he already said to BY that "guy" does not seem to be fighting for the same prupose you and JDJ are fighting for.  

i think he did have a purpose - killing the man who made him and YH this way and "saving" Georyo per JDJ saying 

after killing and discovering its even worst he lost his way but to me he is still not fully sure what his purpose in life is - will he ever know - according to TWDR 

and i think the dragons are ppl with specific purpose - maybe he is the keeper of them  - but i want him to have a purpose that is his 

the dragons have their own story and purpose and he did not kill the man  "who made YH this way", He killed Baek Yoon because he eavesdropped on the convo of JDJ saying that killing BY will be the start to free Goryeo. Baekyoon did not order the villagers to be punished, it was GTM who did and it was HIB's man specifically who raped YH. Baek Yoon was against the raising of taxes ordered by HIB. The villagers protested and so GTM sent the man to punish the villagers and take the the 90% taxes owed. That was when it happened.

• Like 5

i think - hope she will come live with them in the camp

or act as eyes and ears for LBJ & YH

and since there are quite a few MH & GB shippers maybe theyll do more scene with them together 

she was the first he saw - that we know of - that made his heart pound 

Edited by nevill
  • Like 4

the dragons have their own story and purpose and he did not kill the man  "who made YH this way", He killed Baek Yoon because he eavesdropped on the convo of JDJ saying that killing BY will be the start to free Goryeo. Baekyoon did not order the villagers to be punished, it was GTM who did and it was HIB's man specifically who raped YH. Baek Yoon was against the raising of taxes ordered by HIB. The villagers protested and so GTM sent the man to punish the villagers and take the the 90% taxes owed. That was when it happened.

which in his eyes was the reason ppl like that raper were allowed to behave as they want - he knew the man was backed by some noble 

DS - didnt really know the politics - he overheard JDJ and took it to heart making it his mission 

he didnt form his own opinion as he is\was a simpleton he didnt do the thinking his sister did and bf she decided the purpose also

until she sent him to die - and changed his course in life - making him choose\purpose to kill Beak Yoon 

• Like 2

@liddi @zenya22 I hope you don't mind if I share your insightful comments here with the fans outside of the forum, with proper credits of course. Not everyone can understand English very well, so I had to translate for them. 

@nevill thank you for the BTS and news clips... loving this thread even more

Thank you for asking, I hope it will be helpful. I want to thank @nevill, @rainmoon @liddi and so all of the dragon flyers who contributed their insights to this forum..The discussions and all the insights of everyone made me understand the drama better too. 

• Like 5

Guest chulakok

KYAAAAA Thanks for sharing that BTS. When Boon Yi went running to Moohyul and Bangji pulled her into a hug, the caption said "Let's pray. Amen." HAHAHAHHA I died. I need more BTS. They are all so cute together.

wait did it means like praying they going to be a couple in real life? sorry I'm kinda lost what it means...

This may be a stretch but knowing the mind of BW and how far he thinks ahead the note he gave her may be him telling her the future he envisions. What I mean by that is his father becoming King and maybe telling her she will eventually be Queen. That may be too early for anything like that to even happen though.

The secret of the Yi family is the secret that YIG used to defeat YSG in the beginning episodes and make YSG turn back and go to Hamju and not go to the king who summoned him. That is the protection of the Min family that will make the Yi family beholden to them whatever happens. That is what I think but I could be wrong.

@mirage, now that i think about it, I think you are right that he revealed the "purpose ot the fight" what he heard when he eavesdropped what JDJ said to YSG, the general, in their first meeting way back in Hamju. That would be BW.

• Like 4

@liddi @zenya22 I hope you don't mind if I share your insightful comments here with the fans outside of the forum, with proper credits of course. Not everyone can understand English very well, so I had to translate for them. 

@nevill thank you for the BTS and news clips... loving this thread even more

Thank you for asking, I hope it will be helpful. I want to thank @nevill, @rainmoon @liddi and so all of the dragon flyers who contributed their insights to this forum..The discussions and all the insights of everyone made me understand the drama better too. 

i second that - usually i dont post during a drama only bf and after bc i want to form my own opinion

but this thread is SO helpful in understanding and relating to the character and story that without you

i would have given up on the drama long time ago - especially knowing its 50 ep which i almost never watch 

• Like 4