@missiloveyou Thank you very much for sharing the BTS from that reunion - love it! Such a different feel compared to how the final product appears on screen... especially the actual distance she needs to cover to reach his side, compared to the slo-mo version of her running :P And BYH pulling her to his side so that she doesn't end up running towards YKS instead :D Truly a joy to see the camaraderie offscreen among the cast :) 

• Like 8

@zenya22 and others:  Mea culpa.  After re-watching the beginning of Episode 4, it does appear/appear as you say that the young YBW is behind the murders of the three scholars.  I say appears because I'm not yet ready to concede that a scrawny tween can take on and kill three older, burlier bullies which is what that scenario would suggest.  There was no previous indication that YBW had military or training using a sword, in fact, his bodyguard was there for a reason, he wasn't able to sufficiently protect himself in the mind of his father.  He was being raised to do something in the civilian world, i.e., scholar or civil servant, it seems to me, not in the military realm, that seems to have been his father's intention for his older brothers.  Anyway, until that is cleared up by the writers, we will just have to wait and see...

@eunsuhae - Yes, please see above.  It is implied which is why I don't accept it as fact.  How YBW could change so drastically from the boy who cowered before those three bullies to actually somehow overcoming them in a sword battle is beyond me.  Also, if he is a serial murderer at that young age, he would not be the kind of whimpy young man we see in later episodes.  I accept as King Taejong does all kinds of evil but to go from serial murderer at what appears to be 12 or 13 to the kind of idealistic romantic lover we see in Episodes 13 and 14 (haven't watched 15 and 16 yet), doesn't make sense.  Hopefully the writers will eventually clear this up with a flashback in which we see someone else does the murders (Minister Lee?) and YBW is a witness even if he talks tough and seemingly takes responsibility before HIB.  Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

@chickpea, yes we did not see any scenes of BW having a military training but he was a son of a warrior caste who grew up in the steppes of Mongolia until he went to Gaegyong. His father tried to teach him the realities of war when he was glorifying war and his father's warrior expertise by killing a spy in front of BW and the blood got splattered all over BW's face. So I would think that he learned a thing or two about survival from his father and brothers. He was given a sword for a reason so he could use it. In this drama he is not shown to ever use the sword but he does not have to because he can always talk his enemies into killing each other In this drama he was not raised to be a scholar but he chose to stay in Gaegyong because he was angry and disappointed with his father whom he saw bowed in shame to YIG psychological manipulation. He stayed with his oldest brother BW who was the leader of YSG's army in Gaegyong and according to GTM one of the very best swordsman. BW entered the school of the scholars after he witnessed JDJ protest at the Jangpyung gate. So, his body maybe scrawny but his mind isn't. He is very creative in accomplishing what he needs to accomplish.

Edited by zenya22
  • Like 9

i think bc of history and that we know he wasnt the faithful guy - there will be no ethical or historical problem having him show his love for BY physically  

Ya got my drift .... c'mon writers, some fan service here...

and i think they have good chemistry and since they done it bf they feel comfortable with one another

it will be made beautifully 

• Like 3

@zenya22 Thank you for your kind words and insightful post. Love how you compared the advantage YBW will have over JDJ in their future confrontations - the element of the sword. While ironic that JDJ's sword is appointed by none other than YSG himself, we already know from Tree with Deep Roots that YBW ultimately finds a way to neutralise that upper hand by manipulating YBJ's ever-present love for Yeon Hee.

As for YBJ's words to Yeon Hee... I see it a little differently. Despite saying he will no longer protect her, but that each person must fight to protect themselves in these turbulent times, I believe that that is exactly what he is doing - protecting Yeon Hee from the pain of feeling that she has to face him with the shadows of their past always looming between them. By ostentatiously distancing himself from her emotionally, he is then able to do exactly what he told JDJ he would - protect the last people he loves by protecting their dreams. And Yeon Hee's almost relieved acceptance of his explanation, and their mutually agreed redefinition of their relationship as comrades has me hurting for him, because to him, she is still the woman he loves and would give anything to protect.

@liddi.. I agree, exactly, not that he was not going to protect her but that he was going to save her the grief of seeing him and being reminded of their past. thank you 

• Like 5

@zenya22 loved you reply post 

i wonder what would it mean for LM to be abandoned  - her father did tell her to "escape" but as a married woman would she be not able to marry again , and in fact can a wife leave her husband hos? it seems LM is really putting herself tat risk - showing how far sighted she is 

Well LM married BW because she thinks that his father YSG will be the one who will win the battle for power and not HIB. So they all act out the drama of the scandal and she gets thrown out by the father in front of HIB. She convinces her father that she is right in her predictions and so marries BW. If you notice the father is not in the wedding because they are trying to play out the drama they created that he threw out his scandalous daughter and disapproved of the marriage. Now in the coming battle if YSG wins then all is well and the father can then become friends with the Yi family and support them but if HIB wins then the father will be forced to abandon her to the Yi family and become a non supporter of the Yi family to save the Min family from the wrath of HIB who will probably take revenge on the Yi family. LM says that she believes in the Yi family and that young man meaning BW.

• Like 7

i think bc of history and that we know he wasnt the faithful guy - there will be no ethical or historical problem having him show his love for BY physically  

You got a great point there, & i respect that, but I assume thats just your assumption based on history cause no one else here knows what will happen on the upcoming episodes till 50th. only writers, directors & casts knows. Preach.

Honestly IDRC abt the final ending (as in by end of ep50 lol), but i know there's going to be more to their love story. realistically she'll never be the first wife (or later the queen) but in that day and age when there were concubines and a king has multiple consorts (most of them through marriage for political benefits), So overall i wont get too bothered bout the endings story. love is all matter to me. Peace folks.:rolleyes:

• Like 4

What is there to enjoy about this drama?  Everything!!  I am enjoying coming here almost as much.  It's fun reading other peoples minds and ideas about what they felt as well.  It's so interesting and often makes you want to dig a little deeper.  I may sound crazy here but I also find it so deep at moments that every episode makes me want to look a little closer.  I also think the characters are interesting and in a way it's like watching mini stories within a story.  There are couples we know of and yet there are times when I see those same people with other people and I think wow they look cute together too and would make a great couple.  I guess only time will tell, but it sure is exciting trying to find not only the answers of each episode but guessing what's coming next.....

I more interest on the political moves, tricks, actions scenes to BW become king or other characters scene... I am not that into romantic things...either BY or LM..... 

I will more happy if BY and LM and YH can show us the power/smart/brave of woman than romantical things.... 

@valentvcd second that, I also want the story to focus on politics and the journey of our 6 dragons. I'm sure we can trust the writers, Tree With Deep Roots ~the sequel of this show~ was not too focus on romance ~let's say 'almost not exist'~ So If the writers still use the same formula in 6 Flying Dragons, I don't mind at all. 

Edited by meiazza
  • Like 6

@zenya22 loved you reply post 

i wonder what would it mean for LM to be abandoned  - her father did tell her to "escape" but as a married woman would she be not able to marry again , and in fact can a wife leave her husband hos? it seems LM is really putting herself tat risk - showing how far sighted she is 

Well LM married BW because she thinks that his father YSG will be the one who will win the battle for power and not HIB. So they all act out the drama of the scandal and she gets thrown out by the father in front of HIB. She convinces her father that she is right in her predictions and so marries BW. If you notice the father is not in the wedding because they are trying to play out the drama they created that he threw out his scandalous daughter and disapproved of the marriage. Now in the coming battle if YSG wins then all is well and the father can then become friends with the Yi family and support them but if HIB wins then the father will be forced to abandon her to the Yi family and become a non supporter of the Yi family to save the Min family from the wrath of HIB who will probably take revenge on the Yi family. LM says that she believes in the Yi family and that young man meaning BW.

hr father anted her to escape although she is legally married, right? what would have happened to her were she was found out being at her father?

• Like 2

Guest srainy .

@zenya22 and others:  Mea culpa.  After re-watching the beginning of Episode 4, it does appear/appear as you say that the young YBW is behind the murders of the three scholars.  I say appears because I'm not yet ready to concede that a scrawny tween can take on and kill three older, burlier bullies which is what that scenario would suggest.  There was no previous indication that YBW had military or training using a sword, in fact, his bodyguard was there for a reason, he wasn't able to sufficiently protect himself in the mind of his father.  He was being raised to do something in the civilian world, i.e., scholar or civil servant, it seems to me, not in the military realm, that seems to have been his father's intention for his older brothers.  Anyway, until that is cleared up by the writers, we will just have to wait and see...

@eunsuhae - Yes, please see above.  It is implied which is why I don't accept it as fact.  How YBW could change so drastically from the boy who cowered before those three bullies to actually somehow overcoming them in a sword battle is beyond me.  Also, if he is a serial murderer at that young age, he would not be the kind of whimpy young man we see in later episodes.  I accept as King Taejong does all kinds of evil but to go from serial murderer at what appears to be 12 or 13 to the kind of idealistic romantic lover we see in Episodes 13 and 14 (haven't watched 15 and 16 yet), doesn't make sense.  Hopefully the writers will eventually clear this up with a flashback in which we see someone else does the murders (Minister Lee?) and YBW is a witness even if he talks tough and seemingly takes responsibility before HIB.  Cheers and Happy Thanksgiving!

@chickpea, yes we did not see any scenes of BW having a military training but he was a son of a warrior cast who grew up in the steppes of Mongolia until he went to Gaegyong. His father tried to teach him the realities of war when he was glorifying war and his father's warrior expertise by killing a spy in front of BW and the blood got splattered all over BW's face. So I would think that he learned a thing or two about survival from his father and brothers. He was given a sword for a reason so he could use it. In this drama he is not shown to ever use the sword but he does not have to because he can always talk his enemies into killing each other In this drama he was not raised to be a scholar but he chose to stay in Gaegyong because he was angry and disappointed with his father whom he saw bowed in shame to YIG psychological manipulation. He stayed with his oldest brother BW who was the leader of YSG's army in Gaegyong and according to GTM one of the very best swordsman. BW entered the school of the scholars after he witnessed JDJ protest at the Jangpyung gate. So, his body maybe scrawny but his mind isn't. He is very creative in accomplishing what he needs to accomplish.

I, too, believe that Bangwon can take care himself when it comes down to it, I'm sure he carried a sword around earlier in the drama for a reason too. But he is manipulative first and will try to talk his enemies into killing each other for him (fake Japanese pirates scene where he asked them kill each other). When I watched episode 16 I realised, it doesn't matter who he took down with him as long as he can reach the end he wanted by whatever means. He didn't know the gunpowder box contained stones, so it could've actually exploded for all he knew - he was quaking in fear and was only hanging on to the belief that the entire Haedong Gapjok will sign his petition but there's always the possibility that they wouldn't. Even if we don't mention the noble men and their guards, he was going to kill Moohyul and Youngkyu with him (should the Haedong Gapjok not sign) - and they didn't even know of it going into it with Bangwon.

So, for me, even if I ignore whether he killed or didn't the 3 scholars as a child, I believe he would and could if he had the chance and ability.

Talking about this, I find Moohyul a bit fearsome in a similar way. For all his innocence and a sort of ignorance to his surrounding, he's always talking how he should defeat (and possibly kill) a famous swordsman to garner himself a 'reputation'. He has killed humans, obviously, but I find him scary in that way because he seemed like such a 'klutz' when he talks.

Guest caramelcake

Aigoooo what did the writer do to me? :angry: :D

The moment I thought nah I would not be fooled again this time, I ended up finding out my speculation was wrong (again!).  I was holding my breath while watching the finale scene on the latest episode until the ending appeared, which wasn't truly what I predicted. The BW's mind game was beyond what I totally could grasp! This unexpected turnaround, again, is the best thing I could hope from this show. If this stuff just disappears, it means the magic will be gone..and my interest too won't be longer clinging on to these 6 dragons who haven't flown yet. lol, I mean, all the dragons are surely flying moving really fast, including thinking and executing all the critical decision, right?  I bet if this wasn't a sageuk one, more people would be binge watching and discuss every single thing, from the biggest until the smallest, most obvious until the most vague part of this show. (lol pardon my excessive words) 

Regardless of how the writer will drive the story, I really appreciate what has been shown until now. I've just realized, there is no wasted or dull moment in the plot, which makes me momentarily put aside all the -seem like very unimportant- questions  that ever popped up in my head (How YH and JDJ ended up together joining hand in hand to do this revolution? HOW did YH become hwasadan's spy? What will LIG do in the back? Why has LIG not done anything to JDJ after he knew who the shadow is? WHEN exactly BW will ever use his sword to fight with the bad guys literally? even the million dollar question in this thread: Is there any alternative ending left for the main couple? the one we could even predict to happen so everyone will be happy? lol). The audiences were not given time to think in between all the shifting scenes. Writernim is always slaaayin'~ 

Also (you may get tired of reading this, sorry can't help it haha) I really love the roles all the characters put on their shoulders now. They drive the story, really well. They scatter their layers and at the same time fill all the soft spots we have for them. They make us drowning in the sea of their emotion, which how in the earth we won't root for them?. For me, I unbelievably could see the story from all of the characters' POV (not see clearly though, because they still have those layers). So, every decision they make, I could - a bit - understand them.  

Oh speaking of the character, like many of you here, I don't want GTM to be dead, yet. I'm gonna miss this swordman with the best eye shadow in any historical drama ever!

CUpSgLWWsAAOJab.png:large

GTM fan art credit to @tianel_ent

@mjang I am very flattered by your request... by all means, do go ahead if you think that my ramblings warrant repeating. Thank you very much.

Am on a Tree with Deep Roots rewatch... and viewing the drama with fresh eyes, especially within the context of what we have seen so far of SFD. Currently on Ep2 and that scene in the forest, when Moo Hyul raises his sword against YBW... chills, knowing as we do where they were 30 years prior. And when Yi Do lists out the names of all who died at the hands of his father... the names were no longer just names, but I finally could put faces to them from SFD. Comparing YBW of Tree with Deep Roots, to his younger self, especially the way he ruthlessly orchestrated the persecution of Prime Minister Shim On... and it is almost a certainty that he lost a part of his humanity and moral stop-gate... all of which indicates his loss of BY somewhere along the way...

• Like 9

Our beautiful Yeon Hee has updated IG. Finally, she's super lazy on this kind of thing LOL =)))) . And this time only because she wants to remind people to be careful of catching a cold because 1st snow has come in Korea. Girl, take care of yourself 1st, you've got nose bleed on the scene :v 

12279005_532423986935509_919989867653839

Edited by yoominion
  • Like 8

i think that DS from now on LBJ had folded his wings put out the fire and sent his dragon to hibernation mode

therefore i think just like MH we need to see him becoming a dragon again after he has motivation and purpose 

• Like 5