such a touching moment from ep 15

aB7fp0f.gif

cr: DCinside

i was so happy and sad and cried when the brother met again - BY realization that she didnt after all made her brother kill himself 

it was so beautiful - and all the ppl stood silent as if understanding the magnitude of this meeting 

• Like 5

@valsava BY will probably not turn cold - as weve seen in today episode when BW came to her for comfort and advice she was there for him without reserve 

i dont think she is one to become cold or change - as BW told her bf "proposing" that he was amazed that she suffered and endured so much but still stayed positive so i think the writers want to keep her character positive all throughout 

as she said to MH after watching BW wedding her mission is to create a country where most ppl are like him - regular 

it doesnt sound like aa cold person 

• Like 2

@valsava sorry for not replying - about HIB land - i think its stays in the family but will have to ask @homura for the legal stuff

i dont think the land owned by some noble will go back to the state when dead but im really not sure here 

@nevill,  From my understanding Lady Min family was the only ones that never paid Taxes on they land which I believe this is the reason they stayed out of politics so HIB found away to threaten them with taxes or take the land my guess is BW told them by signing his letter he will see to things stay the way they are.. But I pretty much figured out HIB can't take the land from them it would cause a huge problem if he becomes owner of it and him having a lot of explaining to do.. So my point is they will keep they land I find it funny when HIB finds out BW got him in the pickle he wasn't expecting I really like to see the look on HIB and JDJ face when BW produce that letter..   

i didnt even know LM family didnt pay tax - why?  does the government own the land? did the noble buy it from the government so it can be taken away from them?

@nevill,  From my understanding on what makes a kingdom is 5 families that his land owners can band together a create a kingdom something like this HIB probably understood this part of the marriage with LBW and Lady Min with LBY land and the families connected to Lady Min it's enough to weaken the power of the country without a war as all the nobles get together and name a King building a new kingdom north of Guryeo.. It was said that Lady Min family has been apart of 700 years that land for about or so but I could be wrong in understanding this but they may have been tax exempt because they family bloodline been around that long.. We need someone to really explain this to us..  

@Nevill,  As I remembered from watching Jumong it takes 5 families to create a kingdom this is how Gurgero got started building that kingdom next to Puyo,  So I could be right HIB know that LBY having a son married into a family like Lady Min could be turmoil for the country now that he has gained the upper hand in court which is bad for him because he could have all this power and not be able to enforce it to his benefit as he like.. Lady Min Family And LBY Army Is Enough To Restrain Him From Flexing His Muscles And Could Move IN On The Capital Anytime They Like.. Well trying to frame LBY and his inlaws as rebels he has made a huge mistake..  

Ok, so today episode was glorious, BW's plan is brilliant and got me thrilled. But, well, you guys might be fed up with me rambling about these 2 and still I'm gonna do it anyway, sorry for the inconvinience, just stop me anytime if you're sick of it. In today ep these 2 just have 1 scene together, but it's this one scene that make me realize, Alll this time I've been blaming the wrong people for my wrecking emtional life lately. Sorry writer-nim, it's not all your fault, it's these 2 beautiful creature with golden acting skill's fault. Man, they literally stop breathing everytime they see  the other, in today ep they only have one simple task which is deliver the intelligence but just when their eyes meet they have to take a deep breath, hesitate for a while to start talking. And this scene right here, which I'd like to call "the 1st skinship", well their fingers haven't touched yet but that's the closest thing I've to one so Im just gonna roll with it. Anyway that's not the point, it's just, the way she can't even look him in the eyes after his cold words, the way she tries to force a smile when she hand him the wooden figure, the way he keeps staring at her after he said those things when she's not looking. Man,, I really wanna give these 2 an award right now, their acting and chemistry are off the chart. 

Not just the actors that stop breathing, i do too. Every time they have a scene together, my heart was wrenched even before they meet eyes! Please don't stop posting! I'm waiting for your post every week! These two are one of my favorite parts of this drama. I love Byun Yo-han so much. His acting is very detailed. Whenever he cried, I have to pause and go lying down on my bed to calm down myself. hahahaha. Jung Yu-mi is so lovely and badass as YH too. 

@icassiopeia_pim,  I have a thing for DS singing those folk songs and hope we get more of it I also hope he go and get whats her name and bring her into the camp I like to see her and MH hook up..

@chickpea Thank you so much for the Socrates bit of information, it actually makes sense and explains why his name shows up in related discussions of the topic.

As for BW killing the three villain scholars, it was implied in the scene where young BW confronted HIB (I forgot which episode). We saw (in a flashback or a previous scene, I forgot again sorry) HIB ask the hired assassin about what happened and the assassin told him the scholars were already dead so he simply put the "evidence" there and left. HIB then joined the dots while listening to BW and judging from the crazy look in BW's eyes then he knew (and us as viewers) that he killed them.

@eunsuhae  & @chickpea, The episode your talking about I think it's Ep 5 or 6 but just because those scholars are dead don't mean that BW killed them if you notice BW don't even use a sword so far as we seen in this drama I don't even remember him carrying one let alone wield it.. This has been puzzling me for a while him not knowing how to use a sword or this writer is really trolling us

• Like 3

I think history may have played out like you mention BW was order to marry Lady Min but the writer shows us that she rejected BW not once but three times this leads me to think it would ever be a romance between the two only being just comrades and nothing more as BW comes to love her like a sister..

like a sister?!!! awww sorry, i dont really think so, but still i respect ur opinion.:rolleyes:

@valsava BY will probably not turn cold - as weve seen in today episode when BW came to her for comfort and advice she was there for him without reserve 

i dont think she is one to become cold or change - as BW told her bf "proposing" that he was amazed that she suffered and endured so much but still stayed positive so i think the writers want to keep her character positive all throughout 

as she said to MH after watching BW wedding her mission is to create a country where most ppl are like him - regular 

it doesnt sound like aa cold person 

that proves shes a strong person especially the moment when shes feels down.

• Like 4

@chickpea Thank you so much for the Socrates bit of information, it actually makes sense and explains why his name shows up in related discussions of the topic.

As for BW killing the three villain scholars, it was implied in the scene where young BW confronted HIB (I forgot which episode). We saw (in a flashback or a previous scene, I forgot again sorry) HIB ask the hired assassin about what happened and the assassin told him the scholars were already dead so he simply put the "evidence" there and left. HIB then joined the dots while listening to BW and judging from the crazy look in BW's eyes then he knew (and us as viewers) that he killed them.

Actually, I was just going back to edit that bit but I guess I can just clarify here.  While the words are Socrates, Symposium was written by Plato.  We have no writings of Socrates.  Everything we know about him comes from the plays by Plato who--much like BW in our drama following around JDJ--was one of the young men of Athens who followed Socrates around, learning philosophy from him.  So, whether the actual sentiment is that of Socrates or Plato is ambiguous.  Plato is not listed as one of the participants in the Symposium yet he is the writer of the play but whichever Greek said it, the sentiment is the same, in matters of the utmost importance, the wise man seeks the counsel of a wise woman... (nothing about her being, behind, beside or in front of him)...  Cheers!

Thank you.  I will rewatch the earlier episodes.  That didn't register with me and I'm not thinking the "he" is BW...

@nevill - Both Socrates and Plato were real...  As was Aristotle, and Plato and Aristotle both followed Socrates around Athens learning philosophy at his feet...

• Like 5

Guest srainy .
@eunsuhae  & @chickpea, The episode your talking about I think it's Ep 5 or 6 but just because those scholars are dead don't mean that BW killed them if you notice BW don't even use a sword so far as we seen in this drama I don't even remember him carrying one let alone wield it.. This has been puzzling me for a while him not knowing how to use a sword or this writer is really trolling us

The sword that's Moohyul's now was originally Bangwon's. He was carrying it around before I remember and gave it too Moohyul when he was saving Boonyi from the fake Japanese pirates, so Moohyul could pretend to be his guard. Moohyul made it his and Youngkyu (Bangwon's guard) took it back when they meet again but Bangwon gave it to him again at Lee Seonggye's army camp. But other than holding it, Bangwon's never used it but I assumed he knew some sword fighting, otherwise why would he carry it around lol xD

Idk why I'm hoping for Bangwon's character not to be all upright lol. He's written somewhat idealistic but I'm hoping he's got some really mean, fearsome streak xD I was so impressed when he tried to make the fake Japanese pirates kill each other purely by how intimidating he can make himself sound - shows how quick he can think when faced in a crisis involving his own life, also showing he's not above dirty, mean things. But I'm looking forward to him butting heads with JDJ...I think it will start soon now that JDJ has miscalculated HIB's moves and BW has to 'clean it up', so to speak.

Edited by srainy .

Actually, I was just going back to edit that bit but I guess I can just clarify here.  While the words are Socrates, Symposium was written by Plato.  We have no writings of Socrates.  Everything we know about him comes from the plays by Plato who--much like BW in our drama following around JDJ--was one of the young men of Athens who followed Socrates around, learning philosophy from him.  So, whether the actual sentiment is that of Socrates or Plato is ambiguous.  Plato is not listed as one of the participants in the Symposium yet he is the writer of the play but whichever Greek said it, the sentiment is the same, in matters of the utmost importance, the wise man seeks the counsel of a wise woman... (nothing about her being, behind, beside or in front of him)...  Cheers!

Thank you.  I will rewatch the earlier episodes.  That didn't register with me and I'm not thinking the "he" is BW...

@nevill - Both Socrates and Plato were real...  As was Aristotle, and Plato and Aristotle both followed Socrates around Athens learning philosophy at his feet...

actually there is a debate going on if socrates was real or the manifestation of plato to stress certain things in an "objective" way

today a lot of the academic community think that socrates is in fact plato  

• Like 4

Guest rainmoon

BTS phot

cre: ebbii1004

I hope GTM sticks around a little while longer ... he provides a bit of the comic relief on this drama, one of my favourite characters as well.