LOVE BY who can see through BW - i guess were off to war next week?

i was wondering if we are 15 about third way through and still have a lot more to cover

how are they going to have enough time to cover everything in the history?

Good Morning @nevill,  I was wondering that to but as you can see this is a fast pace drama and don't waste time in lagging on certain things like most of them do it.. Something happens in one episode it's solved by the next or the beginning of the following.. But I like how BW will take matters in his on hands is some what a loose cannon but he's doing the dirty work that his father isn't able to do to keep his dad reputation in tact..

Also did you understand any of what him and Lady Min letters and conversation was about she thought she was pulling a fast one on BW and got fooled herself 

• Like 3

Loved this episode BW punk all of them even Lady Min but basically he did just what HIB did but better he got them with a box of rocks.. His FIL had and idea what he was up to and signed that agreement for other purposes.. Also looks like that girl will try and steal that scroll from BW and will get a taste of MH sword realizing BW bodyguards or nothing compared to what she has been dealing and hopefully she gets the hint that LBY army is no joke and leave the madam and whatever that place is called she would be sparing her life but they may try and get into LBY camp to as a spy which will be bad for YH but as to be expected.. 

@nevill question did BW tell his men to hold them and the bodyguards at the gazebo until court is over if so this is bad because she can get the report to HIB/   

since i also dont understand the words im speculating

i think BW new - probably bc LM told him - that there will be a gathering of all the Hap? family in the gazebo

BW decided to put his life on the line with the men - therefor letting BY decide their future rock vs gunpowder 

and his men did threaten anyone who leaves with deathi guess 

so they had no choice but to sign 

BY probably guessed BW plan therefor giving him the box with rock in it - as she revealed her actions to JDJ in the cave

but these are all my speculations 

• Like 3

@valsava sorry for not replying - about HIB land - i think its stays in the family but will have to ask @homura for the legal stuff

i dont think the land owned by some noble will go back to the state when dead but im really not sure here 

@nevill,  From my understanding Lady Min family was the only ones that never paid Taxes on they land which I believe this is the reason they stayed out of politics so HIB found away to threaten them with taxes or take the land my guess is BW told them by signing his letter he will see to things stay the way they are.. But I pretty much figured out HIB can't take the land from them it would cause a huge problem if he becomes owner of it and him having a lot of explaining to do.. So my point is they will keep they land I find it funny when HIB finds out BW got him in the pickle he wasn't expecting I really like to see the look on HIB and JDJ face when BW produce that letter..   

• Like 3

LOVE BY who can see through BW - i guess were off to war next week?

i was wondering if we are 15 about third way through and still have a lot more to cover

how are they going to have enough time to cover everything in the history?

Good Morning @nevill,  I was wondering that to but as you can see this is a fast pace drama and don't waste time in lagging on certain things like most of them do it.. Something happens in one episode it's solved by the next or the beginning of the following.. But I like how BW will take matters in his on hands is some what a loose cannon but he's doing the dirty work that his father isn't able to do to keep his dad reputation in tact..

Also did you understand any of what him and Lady Min letters and conversation was about she thought she was pulling a fast one on BW and got fooled herself 

i think from the expression of LM & BW i agree that it seemed he pulled a fast one on her - but im really curious why she gave a blank paper which also made BW confused - i know it was supposedly a contract -one of the few words i recognize  - but for what - maybe bc the MH  father wanted to abandon LSG bc LM & her father met right bf she arrived to the room where BW waited 

about the pace  - we are still in fiction time we have not yet have gotten into the history of things so im a bit worried - but i know itll be all right

its all in my head  

• Like 2

Loved this episode BW punk all of them even Lady Min but basically he did just what HIB did but better he got them with a box of rocks.. His FIL had and idea what he was up to and signed that agreement for other purposes.. Also looks like that girl will try and steal that scroll from BW and will get a taste of MH sword realizing BW bodyguards or nothing compared to what she has been dealing and hopefully she gets the hint that LBY army is no joke and leave the madam and whatever that place is called she would be sparing her life but they may try and get into LBY camp to as a spy which will be bad for YH but as to be expected.. 

@nevill question did BW tell his men to hold them and the bodyguards at the gazebo until court is over if so this is bad because she can get the report to HIB/   

i think BW new - probably bc LM told him - that there will be a gathering of all the Hap? family in the gazebo

BW decided to put his life on the line with the men - therefor letting BY decide their future rock vs gunpowder 

BY probably guessed BW plan therefor giving him the box with rock in it - as she revealed her actions to JDJ in the cave

@nevill,  I'm also speculating from what I've seen in today's episode but I can tell it was pretty heavy and need eng subs to understand I guess JDJ should leave HIB to LBW he seems tio know him better all this behind a reject marriage 

• Like 2

@valsava sorry for not replying - about HIB land - i think its stays in the family but will have to ask @homura for the legal stuff

i dont think the land owned by some noble will go back to the state when dead but im really not sure here 

@nevill,  From my understanding Lady Min family was the only ones that never paid Taxes on they land which I believe this is the reason they stayed out of politics so HIB found away to threaten them with taxes or take the land my guess is BW told them by signing his letter he will see to things stay the way they are.. But I pretty much figured out HIB can't take the land from them it would cause a huge problem if he becomes owner of it and him having a lot of explaining to do.. So my point is they will keep they land I find it funny when HIB finds out BW got him in the pickle he wasn't expecting I really like to see the look on HIB and JDJ face when BW produce that letter..   

i didnt even know LM family didnt pay tax - why?  does the government own the land? did the noble buy it from the government so it can be taken away from them?

• Like 3

i didnt even know LM family didnt pay tax - why?  does the government own the land? did the noble buy it from the government so it can be taken away from them?

@nevill,  From my understanding on what makes a kingdom is 5 families that his land owners can band together a create a kingdom something like this HIB probably understood this part of the marriage with LBW and Lady Min with LBY land and the families connected to Lady Min it's enough to weaken the power of the country without a war as all the nobles get together and name a King building a new kingdom north of Guryeo.. It was said that Lady Min family has been apart of 700 years that land for about or so but I could be wrong in understanding this but they may have been tax exempt because they family bloodline been around that long.. We need someone to really explain this to us..  

• Like 3

@nevill,  I'm also speculating from what I've seen in today's episode but I can tell it was pretty heavy and need eng subs to understand I guess JDJ should leave HIB to LBW he seems tio know him better all this behind a reject marriage 

The scene between Lady Min and BW was one of the 2 scenes I liked quite a lot in today's episode. It was supposed to be an exchange as stated in the preview whereby BW tells her the family's biggest secret in exchange for what her father told her. In the end, however, Lady Min had reservations over what he said and handed him a blank paper, however, she seemed to be touched that in such a situation, he trusted her enough to actually tell her the secret I think. Thus, she was won over and told him what her father told her. BW continued  in this episode to put an extremely winning performance, overdoing HIB in every aspect. HIB thought that the Hakdong Clan would agreed to the proposal due to the uncertainty involved if they do not agree, will they be named for treason etc, BW overdid that by carrying a bomb and lighting it which put the Hakdong nobles' lives in imminent peril and instead blackmailed them to sign the petition requesting for the removal of HIB, GTM and Lee In Gyeom instead. 

In the next episode, the Hakdong Clan is seen to have great clout indeed as their petition led to the King decreeing for their arrest, Lee Bang Ji will probably also officially become the best swordsman after killing Gil Tae Mi. 

• Like 4

Ok, so today episode was glorious, BW's plan is brilliant and got me thrilled. But, well, you guys might be fed up with me rambling about these 2 and still I'm gonna do it anyway, sorry for the inconvinience, just stop me anytime if you're sick of it. In today ep these 2 just have 1 scene together, but it's this one scene that make me realize, Alll this time I've been blaming the wrong people for my wrecking emtional life lately. Sorry writer-nim, it's not all your fault, it's these 2 beautiful creature with golden acting skill's fault. Man, they literally stop breathing everytime they see  the other, in today ep they only have one simple task which is deliver the intelligence but just when their eyes meet they have to take a deep breath, hesitate for a while to start talking. And this scene right here, which I'd like to call "the 1st skinship", well their fingers haven't touched yet but that's the closest thing I've to one so Im just gonna roll with it. Anyway that's not the point, it's just, the way she can't even look him in the eyes after his cold words, the way she tries to force a smile when she hand him the wooden figure, the way he keeps staring at her after he said those things when she's not looking. Man,, I really wanna give these 2 an award right now, their acting and chemistry are off the chart. 

12249783_531874946990413_553513372909246

• Like 11

Ok, so today episode was glorious, BW's plan is brilliant and got me thrilled. But, well, you guys might be fed up with me rambling about these 2 and still I'm gonna do it anyway, sorry for the inconvinience, just stop me anytime if you're sick of it. In today ep these 2 just have 1 scene together, but it's this one scene that make me realize, Alll this time I've been blaming the wrong people for my wrecking emtional life lately. Sorry writer-nim, it's not all your fault, it's these 2 beautiful creature with golden acting skill's fault. Man, they literally stop breathing everytime they see  the other, in today ep they only have one simple task which is deliver the intelligence but just when their eyes meet they have to take a deep breath, hesitate for a while to start talking. And this scene right here, which I'd like to call "the 1st skinship", well their fingers haven't touched yet but that's the closest thing I've to one so Im just gonna roll with it. Anyway that's not the point, it's just, the way she can't even look him in the eyes after his cold words, the way she tries to force a smile when she hand him the wooden figure, the way he keeps staring at her after he said those things when she's not looking. Man,, I really wanna give these 2 an award right now, their acting and chemistry are off the chart. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm watching this drama for these 2!!!!!!! And yes, that acting is DAEBAK!

Edited by reydevan
  • Like 5

@eunsuhae ; "Your comment got me curious and had me looking for the origin of the saying and surprisingly no one really knows! (Some sources even mentioned Socrates!) :D It must have been one of those universal thoughts expressed in many cultures and languages till its origin got lost in history. Anyway, the main idea still remains relevant to this day and that's cool."

In Symposium, the group (less Socrates) assembles to discuss "love" a topic that is considered so important that they banish the serving girl from the room since it is not a topic that can be heard by female ears.  Three notable philosophers give their speeches in praise of love before Socrates arrives.  When he does, he is asked to discuss the nature of love.  Socrates begins by saying, "When I wanted to learn about love, I sought out the Wise Woman Diotima..."  In other words, the wisest man sought out the counsel of the wisest woman...  That would be, I think, the closest thing I can think of regarding that saying as attributable to Socrates.  Otherwise, it shows up online as a saying that originated with the feminist movement in the 1960 although the sentiment predated that movement..

@zenya22 - "I hope that seeing this latest episode, you will understand BW better. This is a political drama and BW is not a sappy sentimental romantic who will go marry some girl just because he got rejected. Do you really think that if BY accepted his proposal and became his mistress that he will not marry Lady Min. It was his decision to marry LM because it was politically expedient... and following"

Good morning.  I haven't yet watched Ep. 15 because it's not yet online here.  But, what I think is what I said, that BW doesn't decide to offer to marry LM until after BY has rejected him three times and this, I believe, also follows the script of the drama. Everything else is speculation and trying to ascribe intention to the characters' actions.  Do I think BW is a political animal?  Of course.  But does that mean he cannot also be a romantic?  Of course not.  Because BW is a political animal, does it follow that he cannot  also fall all "sappy sentimental" over some woman?  Of course not.  Otherwise, no politician would procreate (this might be a good thing) and there would be no dramas.  Why do we watch them?  Because all the men are strong, all the women are admirable and the strong men fall all "sappy sentimental" over them.  That's the romance genre.  I'm watching this drama as literature and for the history, I don't much care about who ends up with whom.  So, when I see a character like BY who has been so strong and admirable up to Ep. 13, and who has so obviously showed she cares deeply for BW in the lead up to his confession in the forest have such a personality change and ehibit all kinds of other psychological issues after this man professes himself (whether you think it was marriage or not), it upsets me--not with the character, but with the writers.  They are stripping BY of all the courage and nobility she has shown previously and all because BW professes his love for her...  This woman who previously was afraid of nothing, is now terrified of love?   Sorry, I don't buy it.  All the talk about punishment, culture and legalities for entering into a relationship with BW doesn't make sense to me since those same considerations didn't stop her from following her heart in the past.  As I said in my last post, this is a drama, so the writers could have had them get together and the General order BW to marry LM and that would have been a political move--a purely political move--where BW forsakes his heart and his love for some political gain.  That's not what happens.  Even the writers don't raise the situation of the marriage with LM until AFTER BY has rejected BW three times so, it seems to me, even the writers are making the connection between BY's rejection of BW and his decision to marry LM. 

Regarding "this is the kid who killed 3 students when he was 12 because he thought it was just", can you tell me in which episode that happens because I didn't see that.  I saw Minister Lee's son and two others bully a scholar until he committed suicide...  and I saw them attempt to do the same to the young BW but I never saw BW kill three students.  I saw BW upset when his father forced him to watch the eecution of the traitor in Episode 1.  I know the historical King Taejong commits all kinds of atrocities, but so far, in this drama, the BW the writers have presented is an idealistic, somewhat naive, nationalistic young man.  

Someone in this thread wrote something I thought was very insightful but I can't find the cite now.  It went something along the lines of "BW's love for BY is actually showing his love for the people, or the future King Taejong's love for the people of Joseon..."  Whoever wrote that, bravo!

• Like 4

The scene between Lady Min and BW was one of the 2 scenes I liked quite a lot in today's episode. It was supposed to be an exchange as stated in the preview whereby BW tells her the family's biggest secret in exchange for what her father told her. In the end, however, Lady Min had reservations over what he said and handed him a blank paper, however, she seemed to be touched that in such a situation, he trusted her enough to actually tell her the secret I think. Thus, she was won over and told him what her father told her. BW continued  in this episode to put an extremely winning performance, overdoing HIB in every aspect. HIB thought that the Hakdong Clan would agreed to the proposal due to the uncertainty involved if they do not agree, will they be named for treason etc, BW overdid that by carrying a bomb and lighting it which put the Hakdong nobles' lives in imminent peril and instead blackmailed them to sign the petition requesting for the removal of HIB, GTM and Lee In Gyeom instead. 

In the next episode, the Hakdong Clan is seen to have great clout indeed as their petition led to the King decreeing for their arrest, Lee Bang Ji will probably also officially become the best swordsman after killing Gil Tae Mi. 

@theonlyone88,  Thanks for some clarification but how did LBJ get involved in this unless GTM claim him as being the killer but that point could be argued because only a few people knows he actually did it.. So GTM has this thing with wanting to be the best but from swordman to swordman he wants swordmans to fear him.. If what you say is true and GTM is gotten rid of this quick this is bad news for HIB he really has know military power.. But it was interesting watching LBJ in this pickle and seeing how he gets out of it if it comes down to a duel with him and GTM it should be a site to see..  I found it funny he thought JDJ raised a swordman that has skills up to par with him like JDJ committed a huge crime and wanted to kill him I found that scene hilarious       

• Like 2

@theonlyone88,  Thanks for some clarification but how did LBJ get involved in this unless GTM claim him as being the killer but that point could be argued because only a few people knows he actually did it.. So GTM has this thing with wanting to be the best but from swordman to swordman he wants swordmans to fear him.. If what you say is true and GTM is gotten rid of this quick this is bad news for HIB he really has know military power.. But it was interesting watching LBJ in this pickle and seeing how he gets out of it if it comes down to a duel with him and GTM it should be a site to see..  I found it funny he thought JDJ raised a swordman that has skills up to par with him like JDJ committed a huge crime and wanted to kill him I found that scene hilarious       

@valsava,I can only speculate based on the trailer that the entire Lee private army was deployed in the arrest of GTM, HIB and LIG with LBJ being a part of it in charge the arrest of GTM. 

• Like 3

Not just the actors that stop breathing, i do too. Every time they have a scene together, my heart was wrenched even before they meet eyes! Please don't stop posting! I'm waiting for your post every week! These two are one of my favorite parts of this drama. I love Byun Yo-han so much. His acting is very detailed. Whenever he cried, I have to pause and go lying down on my bed to calm down myself. hahahaha. Jung Yu-mi is so lovely and badass as YH too. 

• Like 6

@chickpea Thank you so much for the Socrates bit of information, it actually makes sense and explains why his name shows up in related discussions of the topic.

As for BW killing the three villain scholars, it was implied in the scene where young BW confronted HIB (I forgot which episode). We saw (in a flashback or a previous scene, I forgot again sorry) HIB ask the hired assassin about what happened and the assassin told him the scholars were already dead so he simply put the "evidence" there and left. HIB then joined the dots while listening to BW and judging from the crazy look in BW's eyes then he knew (and us as viewers) that he killed them.

Edited by eunsuhae
  • Like 3

@eunsuhae ; "Your comment got me curious and had me looking for the origin of the saying and surprisingly no one really knows! (Some sources even mentioned Socrates!) :D It must have been one of those universal thoughts expressed in many cultures and languages till its origin got lost in history. Anyway, the main idea still remains relevant to this day and that's cool."

In Symposium, the group (less Socrates) assembles to discuss "love" a topic that is considered so important that they banish the serving girl from the room since it is not a topic that can be heard by female ears.  Three notable philosophers give their speeches in praise of love before Socrates arrives.  When he does, he is asked to discuss the nature of love.  Socrates begins by saying, "When I wanted to learn about love, I sought out the Wise Woman Diotima..."  In other words, the wisest man sought out the counsel of the wisest woman...  That would be, I think, the closest thing I can think of regarding that saying as attributable to Socrates.  Otherwise, it shows up online as a saying that originated with the feminist movement in the 1960 although the sentiment predated that movement..

@zenya22 - "I hope that seeing this latest episode, you will understand BW better. This is a political drama and BW is not a sappy sentimental romantic who will go marry some girl just because he got rejected. Do you really think that if BY accepted his proposal and became his mistress that he will not marry Lady Min. It was his decision to marry LM because it was politically expedient... and following"

Good morning.  I haven't yet watched Ep. 15 because it's not yet online here.  But, what I think is what I said, that BW doesn't decide to offer to marry LM until after BY has rejected him three times and this, I believe, also follows the script of the drama. Everything else is speculation and trying to ascribe intention to the characters' actions.  Do I think BW is a political animal?  Of course.  But does that mean he cannot also be a romantic?  Of course not.  Because BW is a political animal, does it follow that he cannot  also fall all "sappy sentimental" over some woman?  Of course not.  Otherwise, no politician would procreate (this might be a good thing) and there would be no dramas.  Why do we watch them?  Because all the men are strong, all the women are admirable and the strong men fall all "sappy sentimental" over them.  That's the romance genre.  I'm watching this drama as literature and for the history, I don't much care about who ends up with whom.  So, when I see a character like BY who has been so strong and admirable up to Ep. 13, and who has so obviously showed she cares deeply for BW in the lead up to his confession in the forest have such a personality change and ehibit all kinds of other psychological issues after this man professes himself (whether you think it was marriage or not), it upsets me--not with the character, but with the writers.  They are stripping BY of all the courage and nobility she has shown previously and all because BW professes his love for her...  This woman who previously was afraid of nothing, is now terrified of love?   Sorry, I don't buy it.  All the talk about punishment, culture and legalities for entering into a relationship with BW doesn't make sense to me since those same considerations didn't stop her from following her heart in the past.  As I said in my last post, this is a drama, so the writers could have had them get together and the General order BW to marry LM and that would have been a political move--a purely political move--where BW forsakes his heart and his love for some political gain.  That's not what happens.  Even the writers don't raise the situation of the marriage with LM until AFTER BY has rejected BW three times so, it seems to me, even the writers are making the connection between BY's rejection of BW and his decision to marry LM. 

Regarding "this is the kid who killed 3 students when he was 12 because he thought it was just", can you tell me in which episode that happens because I didn't see that.  I saw Minister Lee's son and two others bully a scholar until he committed suicide...  and I saw them attempt to do the same to the young BW but I never saw BW kill three students.  I saw BW upset when his father forced him to watch the eecution of the traitor in Episode 1.  I know the historical King Taejong commits all kinds of atrocities, but so far, in this drama, the BW the writers have presented is an idealistic, somewhat naive, nationalistic young man.  

Someone in this thread wrote something I thought was very insightful but I can't find the cite now.  It went something along the lines of "BW's love for BY is actually showing his love for the people, or the future King Taejong's love for the people of Joseon..."  Whoever wrote that, bravo!

Hello @chickpea,  I love your post and happen to agree with you BY character was strong in the beginning I didn't get why she would do a 180 degree turn around like this it don;'t make sense this is why I'm expecting a huge change in her be it more cold hearted yes..  I expect so due to the fact that she's also a dragon herself who knows she maybe able to play wit for wit with Lady Min by Helping Bw to gain the upper hand over her maybe now she will really partake JDJ teaching in politics but I like you find it in utterly disbelife that she's afraid of love.. 

I think history may have played out like you mention BW was order to marry Lady Min but the writer shows us that she rejected BW not once but three times this leads me to think it would ever be a romance between the two only being just comrades and nothing more as BW comes to love her like a sister..

• Like 4