Quantcast
soomp

Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

How do we save draft?

​Under Invision you can't force a save of work in progress. But everything you type into the editing window is auto-saved at regular intervals. So if for some reason you're called away before you submit a post then come back to continue on the same machine (logging in again if necessary) your input up to the last auto-save will still be there (though you sometimes need to click in the edit window if it initially comes up empty -- I think that may be a bug).

HOWEVER, unlike with Vanilla, the autosave is done to your local browser cache, so that's where the saved material is. With Vanilla, saves, auto or manual, were stored on the server, so you could always retrieve them even if you logged in later using a different browser and/or from a different device.  With this new platform, if you attempt to carry on an auto-saved post from a different device from the one you started it on, the saved material won't be there.

The only way I know round this is to use Google Chrome on all your devices, with Google Synch fully activated. That way your local browser's cached material will be transparently saved also to the cloud, and pulled from the cloud on to any other device that has your Google login. With that setup, draft saves will behave more like the Vanilla way, though you still won't be able to force a save at the exact time you wish and it will only work with Chrome.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is there any way to bring back the Bookmarks section? I miss it. I still have the old Bookmark section, bookmarked on my browser. :( It was the most convenient feature from the old site because you can check right away if there are new posts on your favorite threads, and when you click it, it automatically brings you to the last page you've been in. In the new thread, when I bookmark a page I've last been in, and I try to jump pages (the next time I go online), sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. 

The follow feature fills up my email inbox, so I just opt to not receive those notifications by email.

Oh, and is there a limit to liking posts? Sometimes, I get:

You are not allowed to give reputation to this user

and then I'd have to refresh the page to like the post. The post reflects that it received my like after I've refreshed it at times, though it doesn't on some occasions. 

Edited by bella1025

Hey there I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I fear that I may appear rude/ not attentive enough, but I am just wondering if the posts from the temporary forum are still being merged with the new (permanent) forum? 

I also noticed that unlike the temporary forums, when we look at others profile and their recent activity, the number of likes for their posts there are always 0 although its actually not? 

For example< 

uYFznJT.png

This is just a minor thing that I noticed so no worries if it stays that way :) 

Hey there I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I fear that I may appear rude/ not attentive enough, but I am just wondering if the posts from the temporary forum are still being merged with the new (permanent) forum? 

I also noticed that unlike the temporary forums, when we look at others profile and their recent activity, the number of likes for their posts there are always 0 although its actually not? 

This is just a minor thing that I noticed so no worries if it stays that way :) 

@FruClaire  Apparently, Profile -> Activity Feed shows all Like (heart) indicators as 0, though if clicked, it does show the people who did like a particular post. However, it does display correctly under "My Activity" page.

• Like 3

​The objective is to merge the threads and the posts from the temporary forums on Monday (US Time). *Fingers Crossed*

• Like 5

Hello mods! I want to ask something, or maybe report an error(?). I'm not really sure coz I don't know if it's just me who has this "error" ^_^ It's about the profile photo... As you can see, my current one is somehow stretched coz I didn't see the "handles" to crop the photo. I also tried jpg/jpeg file but still the same. It worked fine for me when we were in the temp forum though. Hope someone can help/enlighten me... :sweatingbullets: Thanks in advance!~^^

EDIT: I tried changing my prof.pic on Chrome and Mozilla, but still the same~~

tumblr_nok067cEQW1sg2018o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Hello mods! I want to ask something, or maybe report an error(?). I'm not really sure coz I don't know if it's just me who has this "error" ^_^ It's about the profile photo... As you can see, my current one is somehow stretched coz I didn't see the "handles" to crop the photo. I also tried jpg/jpeg file but still the same. It worked fine for me when we were in the temp forum though. Hope someone can help/enlighten me... :sweatingbullets: Thanks in advance!~^^

EDIT: I tried changing my prof.pic on Chrome and Mozilla, but still the same~~

​Yes, it's a known issue that has been already reported to IPB. We're hoping the fix will come soon after the migration process is completed.

• Like 2

​Yes, it's a known issue that has been already reported to IPB. We're hoping the fix will come soon after the migration process is completed.

Oh okay~ Great! Thanks for the quick response!~^^

• Like 1

I see the problem with clicking on links to specific posts in threads taking you to the first post in the thread is still with us. 

​Hmmm... That's the first time I'm seeing this problem. If you go to a member's profile page, there's usually a text format like this:

"X" added a post in a topic: "Name of topic"

The bold text is where members need to click to see the specific post they want to see.

For browsing threads with unread posts, there should be circle or star to click in order to navigate towards the first unread post.

Hello mods. Just want to ask when will the posts in temporary forum finish merging here? 

I'm about to post images but is there a limit?

there is no limits to images but preferable if you have like 10 pictures you can display certain (3 of them) pictures and the rest of them inside spoiler so that it will not lag up the page loading :)

@stuartjmz for YouTube, if you put the link in the middle of a line, it will stay as a link. In order to embed, it has to be on its own line and press enter after the URL for it to auto-embed. It cannot have a timestamp at the end of the url.

Ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4BHJvs9aFE&t=6m3s works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4BHJvs9aFE&t=6m3s doesn't work

The temp forum will begin to begin to be imported into the forum within the hour, during which time the site will go into maintenance mode. After the data is imported, it will take the staff several days to get everything merged into the right place, so thanks for your patience!

Edited by soomp
  • Like 1

Wonderful news, peeps!

The merging of threads and posts from the temporary forums is completed! XD

• Like 5

Wonderful news, peeps!

The merging of threads and posts from the temporary forums is completed! XD

​That's awesome news @ebullient, thank you!

May I know when the PM threads from the temp forum are expected to be imported?

Were our points from the temp forums imported as well?

It appears that all our activity feed prior to the merge are no longer visible.

Edited by liddi
Additional questions post-merge
  • Like 1

​That's awesome news @ebullient, thank you!

May I know when the PM threads from the temp forum are expected to be imported?

Were our points from the temp forums imported as well?

​Temporary PMs are still being worked on.

I believe reputation points from the temporary forums were imported.

Check your username to see if there is an increase in your total points since an hour ago?

• Like 1