Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

A question about the signature rules. They say, and I quote

"Maximum of 2 images. Images up to 600 x 150 pixels. Maximum of 4 lines "

I used exactly 2 images in the fourth line of my signature, and both were not larger than the maximum size, at 467*147 and 600*131. Now, both images have been removed and a note appended saying, "Please follow the signature rules." I DID follow the signature rules as stated, with METICULOUS precision. That is, unless one of the rules was poorly worded.

The only way my signature was in breach was if the 600*150 restriction was the TOTAL allowable size, not the size allowed per image. If that's so, then my signature was in breach, but the fault lies with the sloppy, unclear wording. I'm happy to comply with the rules, as the great care I took to resize my images to fit the stated size shows.

But complying with the rules would be easier if they were explciit and unambiguous "Maximum of 2 images. Images up to 600 by 150 pixels" does not mean the same as "A maximum of 2 images, with  maximum total dimensions of 600 by 150 pixels". If EACH image is allowed to be 600*150, then my signature was not in breach and the images should not have been deleted. If the TOTAL image size for both images combined is not to exceed 600 by 150, then the rules should say that. In the interests of all users, I hope the rule will be reworded to address the imprecision and lack of clarity. 

​Thank you for bringing this issue to the staff's attention.

At present, there are contradictions regarding the signature rules.

I will get back to you as soon as the administrators enlighten the moderators on the correct rules to enforce. Apologies!

Thank YOU! :D  I spent a lot of time making sure my signature complied with the rules and to be be told that it didn't was frustrating and annoying. 

​After discussing with the forum staff, we have come to an agreement that we would enforce the signature rules from here:

7. OBEY THE SIGNATURE RULES

Maximum of 4 lines of text

* Each line must be short enough that it doesn't wrap

* Font size for lines cannot exceed size 3

* Empty line still counts as a line

* Maximum of 6 lines of text for FOS and staff

Maximum of 1 banner or 2 images

* Must be on the same line

* Maximum dimensions for each banner = 600 pixels (width) x 150 pixels (height) with maximum file size = 1,024 KB / 1 MB 

* Maximum dimensions for each image = 300 pixels (width) x 150 pixels (height) with maximum file size = 512 KB

* Maximum of 3 banners / images for FOS and staff, which can be spread out on two lines

About the mishap before, it was due to IPB's built-in restrictions for signatures in which most of the staff are unaware of. We apologize again for any confusion. :)

hi ya! you probably know this but the forum was acting all strange today and wouldn't allow folks to log in at all today (asia day)....

the other bug that is weird and happens from time to time is when you click on the star/black dot to read the latest posts, it will jump ahead sometimes and not start from where you read last.. since there is no # of new posts indicated (like in the old forum), we don't realize that we haven't read some posts till you see some conversation referring to something and then have to go and back read.. have been trying to figure out when this exactly happens but it happens rather randomly.... can we have a # of new posts indication?

​Hello!

We recently had server issues. They are expected at this stage of the migration. IPB is trying to adjust their resources to our traffic patterns and the process may take some weeks in order for the platform to stabilize. The administration will be sending reports to the server host on a regular basis to make sure we encounter less of these shutdowns.

Some technical issues appeared on the platform with IPB's newest platform patch and we are investigating the matter and bringing fixes.

For # new post indication, we would need to explore external plugins if they exist on IPB.

• Like 1

​Hello!

We recently had server issues. They are expected at this stage of the migration. IPB is trying to adjust their resources to our traffic patterns and the process may take some weeks in order for the platform to stabilize. The administration will be sending reports to the server host on a regular basis to make sure we encounter less of these shutdowns.

Some technical issues appeared on the platform with IPB's newest platform patch and we are investigating the matter and bringing fixes.

For # new post indication, we would need to explore external plugins if they exist on IPB.

cool. I really do hope the technical team also explores some external plugins to mimic the reactions buttons. I know realistically that it may not be possible to get the same plugins but it would be great if we can get features that do the same function. In all the threads, people seem to be expressing that it doesn't feel like the same soompi that we used to love without the reaction buttons and so from user engagement, these buttons did make a huge difference in making users feel at home and build communities.

• Like 1

How do we save draft?

​Under Invision you can't force a save of work in progress. But everything you type into the editing window is auto-saved at regular intervals. So if for some reason you're called away before you submit a post then come back to continue on the same machine (logging in again if necessary) your input up to the last auto-save will still be there (though you sometimes need to click in the edit window if it initially comes up empty -- I think that may be a bug).

HOWEVER, unlike with Vanilla, the autosave is done to your local browser cache, so that's where the saved material is. With Vanilla, saves, auto or manual, were stored on the server, so you could always retrieve them even if you logged in later using a different browser and/or from a different device.  With this new platform, if you attempt to carry on an auto-saved post from a different device from the one you started it on, the saved material won't be there.

The only way I know round this is to use Google Chrome on all your devices, with Google Synch fully activated. That way your local browser's cached material will be transparently saved also to the cloud, and pulled from the cloud on to any other device that has your Google login. With that setup, draft saves will behave more like the Vanilla way, though you still won't be able to force a save at the exact time you wish and it will only work with Chrome.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if this has been asked, but is there any way to bring back the Bookmarks section? I miss it. I still have the old Bookmark section, bookmarked on my browser. :( It was the most convenient feature from the old site because you can check right away if there are new posts on your favorite threads, and when you click it, it automatically brings you to the last page you've been in. In the new thread, when I bookmark a page I've last been in, and I try to jump pages (the next time I go online), sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. 

The follow feature fills up my email inbox, so I just opt to not receive those notifications by email.

Oh, and is there a limit to liking posts? Sometimes, I get:

You are not allowed to give reputation to this user

and then I'd have to refresh the page to like the post. The post reflects that it received my like after I've refreshed it at times, though it doesn't on some occasions. 

Edited by bella1025

Guest FruClaire

Hey there I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I fear that I may appear rude/ not attentive enough, but I am just wondering if the posts from the temporary forum are still being merged with the new (permanent) forum? 

I also noticed that unlike the temporary forums, when we look at others profile and their recent activity, the number of likes for their posts there are always 0 although its actually not? 

For example< 

uYFznJT.png

This is just a minor thing that I noticed so no worries if it stays that way :) 

Hey there I don't want to rain on anyone's parade and I fear that I may appear rude/ not attentive enough, but I am just wondering if the posts from the temporary forum are still being merged with the new (permanent) forum? 

I also noticed that unlike the temporary forums, when we look at others profile and their recent activity, the number of likes for their posts there are always 0 although its actually not? 

This is just a minor thing that I noticed so no worries if it stays that way :) 

@FruClaire  Apparently, Profile -> Activity Feed shows all Like (heart) indicators as 0, though if clicked, it does show the people who did like a particular post. However, it does display correctly under "My Activity" page.

• Like 1

​The objective is to merge the threads and the posts from the temporary forums on Monday (US Time). *Fingers Crossed*

Hello mods! I want to ask something, or maybe report an error(?). I'm not really sure coz I don't know if it's just me who has this "error" ^_^ It's about the profile photo... As you can see, my current one is somehow stretched coz I didn't see the "handles" to crop the photo. I also tried jpg/jpeg file but still the same. It worked fine for me when we were in the temp forum though. Hope someone can help/enlighten me... :sweatingbullets: Thanks in advance!~^^

EDIT: I tried changing my prof.pic on Chrome and Mozilla, but still the same~~

tumblr_nok067cEQW1sg2018o1_1280.jpg

• Like 1

Hello mods! I want to ask something, or maybe report an error(?). I'm not really sure coz I don't know if it's just me who has this "error" ^_^ It's about the profile photo... As you can see, my current one is somehow stretched coz I didn't see the "handles" to crop the photo. I also tried jpg/jpeg file but still the same. It worked fine for me when we were in the temp forum though. Hope someone can help/enlighten me... :sweatingbullets: Thanks in advance!~^^

EDIT: I tried changing my prof.pic on Chrome and Mozilla, but still the same~~

​Yes, it's a known issue that has been already reported to IPB. We're hoping the fix will come soon after the migration process is completed.

• Like 1

​Yes, it's a known issue that has been already reported to IPB. We're hoping the fix will come soon after the migration process is completed.

Oh okay~ Great! Thanks for the quick response!~^^

• Like 1

I see the problem with clicking on links to specific posts in threads taking you to the first post in the thread is still with us. 

​Hmmm... That's the first time I'm seeing this problem. If you go to a member's profile page, there's usually a text format like this:

"X" added a post in a topic: "Name of topic"

The bold text is where members need to click to see the specific post they want to see.

For browsing threads with unread posts, there should be circle or star to click in order to navigate towards the first unread post.