Quantcast
soomp

Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

@angelangie The "Featured Topics" is still active on my screen. Perhaps, it is disabled by error based on user groups but it's usually either displayed for everyone or not.

Regarding to server optimization, it is being upgraded but the process might take some time in order for the platform to stabilize. At around 10:00pm KST, the traffic is at its peak so there might be slow responsiveness from the website.

• Like 1

Sooooooo, going by the screenshot i posted, im going to guess the Marked All Forum read link/option/tool isnt coming back on the main forum page no?

That link/option/tool is going to be available only within the sub-forums right?

2hdxz6q.jpg

​the connection is fine at my side, however if we have a surge of users logging in you will see that the forum will lag a lil

​Perhaps everyone noticed Soompi's back :) I will continue to check the stability, hope it stays as it is now :)

• Like 1

​Perhaps everyone noticed Soompi's back :) I will continue to check the stability, hope it stays as it is now :)

​yea they are trying to stabilize it :) so just stay with us for now.... :)

• Like 1

​yea they are trying to stabilize it :) so just stay with us for now.... :)

​There's nowhere I'd rather be! Well, perhaps with a good KDrama on my couch, but other than that, this is about the best place to be :D

• Like 1

@TRaNz @stuartjmz - I got rid of the "Mark all forums read" and "New Content" links because with the amount of activity on our forum, viewing all new content didn't seem very practical helpful, same with "Mark all forums read." This is in the context of there being frequent lagging as our host is still figuring out our traffic patterns.

I can put it back once we've stabilized, but I'm very curious as to what's the point of marking all forums as read? (honest question!!)

^_^v

• Like 4

@TRaNz @stuartjmz - I got rid of the "Mark all forums read" and "New Content" links because with the amount of activity on our forum, viewing all new content didn't seem very practical helpful, same with "Mark all forums read." This is in the context of there being frequent lagging as our host is still figuring out our traffic patterns.

I can put it back once we've stabilized, but I'm very curious as to what's the point of marking all forums as read? (honest question!!)

^_^v

​Oh yeah, nah, fair call mate.

I just like having it all marked read so its i spose cleaner for me to view? coz there are a few sections i dont visit. More like a rare once in awhile peek inside.

But yeah, if its causing lag then thats all good, its not major, like i just wanted to know where it went, coz i thought it was a nifty feature, thats all. :)

• Like 1

not sure if all the emoticons are working. when I try to include them (by typing them), they show up as broken in the quote box.. but then in the post, you see the typed emoticon...

:D:):(:P

Edited by Lmangla

not sure if all the emoticons are working. when I try to include them (by typing them), they show up as broken in the quote box.. but then in the post, you see the typed emoticon...

:D:):(:P

​We have reported to the system developers at IPB that there are missing emoticons.

Be patient as they work to resolve the issue. :)

• Like 4

[Report from OP about missing "last page" button when viewd on a Nexus, which for some reason the edit mode won't allow me to quote....]

​me too...

​I can reproduce this on my tab, too. But only with the device in vertical/portrait mode. If I rotate into horizontal/landscape mode, then the double right-arrow button for the  "last" page appears as it should.

This problem is visible in the stock Android browser, as well as on Chrome and FF for Android.  It can also be seen if you switch FF into "Developer | Responsive Design View" on a desktop machine and specify simulating a phone or tab. I don't have an Ipad to hand, but I suspect it may bite under IOS too.

My hunch is that this is a bug in the "responsiveness" code, either js or css. In any case, it looks like something for the developers' attention.

(For anyone who doesn't know, "responsiveness" is the word misused in the Web design community for what should be called "adaptability". It refers to the way in which a site, as it loads, detects the type and capacity of the target device and adjusts the display accordingly.)

• Like 1

hi ya! you probably know this but the forum was acting all strange today and wouldn't allow folks to log in at all today (asia day)....

the other bug that is weird and happens from time to time is when you click on the star/black dot to read the latest posts, it will jump ahead sometimes and not start from where you read last.. since there is no # of new posts indicated (like in the old forum), we don't realize that we haven't read some posts till you see some conversation referring to something and then have to go and back read.. have been trying to figure out when this exactly happens but it happens rather randomly.... can we have a # of new posts indication?

• Like 1

A question about the signature rules. They say, and I quote

"Maximum of 2 images. Images up to 600 x 150 pixels. Maximum of 4 lines "

I used exactly 2 images in the fourth line of my signature, and both were not larger than the maximum size, at 467*147 and 600*131. Now, both images have been removed and a note appended saying, "Please follow the signature rules." I DID follow the signature rules as stated, with METICULOUS precision. That is, unless one of the rules was poorly worded.

The only way my signature was in breach was if the 600*150 restriction was the TOTAL allowable size, not the size allowed per image. If that's so, then my signature was in breach, but the fault lies with the sloppy, unclear wording. I'm happy to comply with the rules, as the great care I took to resize my images to fit the stated size shows.

But complying with the rules would be easier if they were explciit and unambiguous "Maximum of 2 images. Images up to 600 by 150 pixels" does not mean the same as "A maximum of 2 images, with  maximum total dimensions of 600 by 150 pixels". If EACH image is allowed to be 600*150, then my signature was not in breach and the images should not have been deleted. If the TOTAL image size for both images combined is not to exceed 600 by 150, then the rules should say that. In the interests of all users, I hope the rule will be reworded to address the imprecision and lack of clarity. 

​Thank you for bringing this issue to the staff's attention.

At present, there are contradictions regarding the signature rules.

I will get back to you as soon as the administrators enlighten the moderators on the correct rules to enforce. Apologies!

• Like 1

Thank YOU! :D  I spent a lot of time making sure my signature complied with the rules and to be be told that it didn't was frustrating and annoying. 

​After discussing with the forum staff, we have come to an agreement that we would enforce the signature rules from here:

7. OBEY THE SIGNATURE RULES

Maximum of 4 lines of text

* Each line must be short enough that it doesn't wrap

* Font size for lines cannot exceed size 3

* Empty line still counts as a line

* Maximum of 6 lines of text for FOS and staff

Maximum of 1 banner or 2 images

* Must be on the same line

* Maximum dimensions for each banner = 600 pixels (width) x 150 pixels (height) with maximum file size = 1,024 KB / 1 MB 

* Maximum dimensions for each image = 300 pixels (width) x 150 pixels (height) with maximum file size = 512 KB

* Maximum of 3 banners / images for FOS and staff, which can be spread out on two lines

About the mishap before, it was due to IPB's built-in restrictions for signatures in which most of the staff are unaware of. We apologize again for any confusion. :)

• Like 3

hi ya! you probably know this but the forum was acting all strange today and wouldn't allow folks to log in at all today (asia day)....

the other bug that is weird and happens from time to time is when you click on the star/black dot to read the latest posts, it will jump ahead sometimes and not start from where you read last.. since there is no # of new posts indicated (like in the old forum), we don't realize that we haven't read some posts till you see some conversation referring to something and then have to go and back read.. have been trying to figure out when this exactly happens but it happens rather randomly.... can we have a # of new posts indication?

​Hello!

We recently had server issues. They are expected at this stage of the migration. IPB is trying to adjust their resources to our traffic patterns and the process may take some weeks in order for the platform to stabilize. The administration will be sending reports to the server host on a regular basis to make sure we encounter less of these shutdowns.

Some technical issues appeared on the platform with IPB's newest platform patch and we are investigating the matter and bringing fixes.

For # new post indication, we would need to explore external plugins if they exist on IPB.

• Like 2

​Hello!

We recently had server issues. They are expected at this stage of the migration. IPB is trying to adjust their resources to our traffic patterns and the process may take some weeks in order for the platform to stabilize. The administration will be sending reports to the server host on a regular basis to make sure we encounter less of these shutdowns.

Some technical issues appeared on the platform with IPB's newest platform patch and we are investigating the matter and bringing fixes.

For # new post indication, we would need to explore external plugins if they exist on IPB.

cool. I really do hope the technical team also explores some external plugins to mimic the reactions buttons. I know realistically that it may not be possible to get the same plugins but it would be great if we can get features that do the same function. In all the threads, people seem to be expressing that it doesn't feel like the same soompi that we used to love without the reaction buttons and so from user engagement, these buttons did make a huge difference in making users feel at home and build communities.

• Like 3