Quantcast
soomp

Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

While your in the thread, go to the search box, enter a term, scroll down from all content and choose 'This Topic' before you hit search.

GzOZcz6.png

• Like 7

@KimJongKookie @Mau_Cherry

For the time being, the featured topics panel will be staying. It's designed to be helpful for all of our members trying to familiarize themselves with the new forum. How convenient is it to have the tutorial/FAQ and bug reporting/welcome threads right at our fingertips during these initial stages to address any issues or concerns we might have? ;)

@yoyo_icecube @ascsp

The new server is still adjusting and familiarizing themselves with our traffic. During this time, there are times in which the forum might be slow, but our techies are working as fast and as hard as they can to resolve this as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and sorry for the inconvenience! ^^;

• Like 2

How do we report spam or possible abuse in the new system?

e.g. http://forums.soompi.com/en/profile/831940-xetoyota_stv/

looks pretty suspicious.

Only one post so far, but it has nothing to do with the drama concerned, and the user's url is the website of a Toyota dealer in Vietnam.  It does however  have text that looks enough like a typical soompi posting to get past a standard type of spam scanner. Has a spam bot been specifically crafted to target soompi?

@baduy As long the suspected user doesn't start advertising in public, it is not warranted to give bans yet.

With our rules, it is acceptable to link a website in a signature or via their personal profile.

You may send a report anytime by clicking the corresponding feature located at the top of a post.

Then, our moderation team will be able to investigate the query.

@baduy As long the suspected user doesn't start advertising in public, it is not warranted to give bans yet.

With our rules, it is acceptable to link a website in a signature or via their personal profile.

You may send a report anytime by clicking the corresponding feature located at the top of a post.

Then, our moderation team will be able to investigate the query.

​Ah right, sorry I didn't see the "Report post" otherwise I'd have used it.  But the reason I didn't see it is that the "Report post" link is only displayed legibly when your cursor is actually within the post concerned (even having the cursor in the areas left or right of the post causes that link to turn into a pale gray ghost.) Is that really intentional?

What aroused my suspicion wasn't the url as such (though one for an automobile showroom is a bit strange) but the text of the post, which was clearly totally irrelevant to the thread it was posted in, With another hat on, I have to deal with spam bots that scan the target sites and then construct SEO-fodder "posts" which look at first sight to be genuine, and which it's very hard to detect by automatic means. The post concerned looked like one of those to me..

@baduy

Thanks so much for the information! ^^ We'll keep an eye out just in case, but at the moment, there are no issues with that specific member. We appreciate you looking out for Soompi! :D

Thank you for your hard work! But from my mobile device (Nexus 5) I have problems going to the first or last page of the topics. I can't see the double arrow. Sorry.

​me too...

hmm, hope it hasnt been covered yet, but i noticed the last few days there was a 'Mark All Forums' read on the main forum page. so that like marked every single forum read.

Seems to have gone now?

I know that feature/option is in each sub-forum, but wondering is it going to be back on the main forum. Just makes it easier mark every forum read at once rather than one sub forum at a time.

plzDontBashMe...

hmm, hope it hasnt been covered yet, but i noticed the last few days there was a 'Mark All Forums' read on the main forum page. so that like marked every single forum read.

Seems to have gone now?

I know that feature/option is in each sub-forum, but wondering is it going to be back on the main forum. Just makes it easier mark every forum read at once rather than one sub forum at a time.

plzDontBashMe...

​have you check again? cause i still have all the marks on the thread i last entered.

First things first, what a pleasant surprise to see 5 blinking purple hearts on my profile and posts, which I take to represent our SoGonger user group. Thank you.

To date, I am still unable to see my original bookmarks. May I know whether everyone's bookmarks have been imported, or should I still continue to wait until it is done?

First things first, what a pleasant surprise to see 5 blinking purple hearts on my profile and posts, which I take to represent our SoGonger user group. Thank you.

To date, I am still unable to see my original bookmarks. May I know whether everyone's bookmarks have been imported, or should I still continue to wait until it is done?

​hi @liddi it is under the 'Follow Content' you still havent got it? cause mine is back

followed_zpscnbmgegf.png

Edited by angelangie

​hi @liddi it is under the 'Follow Content' you still havent got it? cause mine is back

@angelangie Unfortunately, mine is still not yet back. All I see are the few threads I manually followed after we are back on the permanent forums.

And is it just me, but the Core Emoticons have all suddenly reduced as well... so I am unable to see emoticons like :( or :P  

@angelangie Unfortunately, mine is still not yet back. All I see are the few threads I manually followed after we are back on the permanent forums.

And is it just me, but the Core Emoticons have all suddenly reduced as well... so I am unable to see emoticons like :( or :P  

alright noted, continue to monitor for now @liddi and the emotions issues had been noted :D 

• Like 1

​have you check again? cause i still have all the marks on the thread i last entered.

​mmm, nah doesnt seem to be there, like when im on the main forum page where you see all forums, not when you enter the sub forums.

it used to be around the area ive circled as seen below.

2hdxz6q.jpg

​What's happened to the "Mark forums read" and "New Content" buttons? 

I believe it is on the left side of the thread. A circle lets you go the lastest unread post in that thread(if this is what you are asking). I'm still trying to figure out to make the lastest thread post at the top of my bookmarks.

Is it just me or is the forum still a bit laggy/slow? I've had a bit of difficulty loading page the day before last where pages wouldn't show up at all. Are they still working on optimizing their servers or was it my connection?

Is it just me or is the forum still a bit laggy/slow? I've had a bit of difficulty loading page the day before last where pages wouldn't show up at all. Are they still working on optimizing their servers or was it my connection?

​the connection is fine at my side, however if we have a surge of users logging in you will see that the forum will lag a lil