Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

@baduy As long the suspected user doesn't start advertising in public, it is not warranted to give bans yet.

With our rules, it is acceptable to link a website in a signature or via their personal profile.

You may send a report anytime by clicking the corresponding feature located at the top of a post.

Then, our moderation team will be able to investigate the query.

​Ah right, sorry I didn't see the "Report post" otherwise I'd have used it.  But the reason I didn't see it is that the "Report post" link is only displayed legibly when your cursor is actually within the post concerned (even having the cursor in the areas left or right of the post causes that link to turn into a pale gray ghost.) Is that really intentional?

What aroused my suspicion wasn't the url as such (though one for an automobile showroom is a bit strange) but the text of the post, which was clearly totally irrelevant to the thread it was posted in, With another hat on, I have to deal with spam bots that scan the target sites and then construct SEO-fodder "posts" which look at first sight to be genuine, and which it's very hard to detect by automatic means. The post concerned looked like one of those to me..

hmm, hope it hasnt been covered yet, but i noticed the last few days there was a 'Mark All Forums' read on the main forum page. so that like marked every single forum read.

Seems to have gone now?

I know that feature/option is in each sub-forum, but wondering is it going to be back on the main forum. Just makes it easier mark every forum read at once rather than one sub forum at a time.

plzDontBashMe...

First things first, what a pleasant surprise to see 5 blinking purple hearts on my profile and posts, which I take to represent our SoGonger user group. Thank you.

To date, I am still unable to see my original bookmarks. May I know whether everyone's bookmarks have been imported, or should I still continue to wait until it is done?

​hi @liddi it is under the 'Follow Content' you still havent got it? cause mine is back

@angelangie Unfortunately, mine is still not yet back. All I see are the few threads I manually followed after we are back on the permanent forums.

And is it just me, but the Core Emoticons have all suddenly reduced as well... so I am unable to see emoticons like :( or :P  

​have you check again? cause i still have all the marks on the thread i last entered.

​mmm, nah doesnt seem to be there, like when im on the main forum page where you see all forums, not when you enter the sub forums.

it used to be around the area ive circled as seen below.

2hdxz6q.jpg

​What's happened to the "Mark forums read" and "New Content" buttons? 

I believe it is on the left side of the thread. A circle lets you go the lastest unread post in that thread(if this is what you are asking). I'm still trying to figure out to make the lastest thread post at the top of my bookmarks.

Is it just me or is the forum still a bit laggy/slow? I've had a bit of difficulty loading page the day before last where pages wouldn't show up at all. Are they still working on optimizing their servers or was it my connection?

@angelangie The "Featured Topics" is still active on my screen. Perhaps, it is disabled by error based on user groups but it's usually either displayed for everyone or not.

Regarding to server optimization, it is being upgraded but the process might take some time in order for the platform to stabilize. At around 10:00pm KST, the traffic is at its peak so there might be slow responsiveness from the website.

Sooooooo, going by the screenshot i posted, im going to guess the Marked All Forum read link/option/tool isnt coming back on the main forum page no?

That link/option/tool is going to be available only within the sub-forums right?

2hdxz6q.jpg

​the connection is fine at my side, however if we have a surge of users logging in you will see that the forum will lag a lil

​Perhaps everyone noticed Soompi's back :) I will continue to check the stability, hope it stays as it is now :)

​yea they are trying to stabilize it :) so just stay with us for now.... :)

​There's nowhere I'd rather be! Well, perhaps with a good KDrama on my couch, but other than that, this is about the best place to be :D

@TRaNz @stuartjmz - I got rid of the "Mark all forums read" and "New Content" links because with the amount of activity on our forum, viewing all new content didn't seem very practical helpful, same with "Mark all forums read." This is in the context of there being frequent lagging as our host is still figuring out our traffic patterns.

I can put it back once we've stabilized, but I'm very curious as to what's the point of marking all forums as read? (honest question!!)

^_^v

• Like 3

@TRaNz @stuartjmz - I got rid of the "Mark all forums read" and "New Content" links because with the amount of activity on our forum, viewing all new content didn't seem very practical helpful, same with "Mark all forums read." This is in the context of there being frequent lagging as our host is still figuring out our traffic patterns.

I can put it back once we've stabilized, but I'm very curious as to what's the point of marking all forums as read? (honest question!!)

^_^v

​Oh yeah, nah, fair call mate.

I just like having it all marked read so its i spose cleaner for me to view? coz there are a few sections i dont visit. More like a rare once in awhile peek inside.

But yeah, if its causing lag then thats all good, its not major, like i just wanted to know where it went, coz i thought it was a nifty feature, thats all. :)

• Like 1

not sure if all the emoticons are working. when I try to include them (by typing them), they show up as broken in the quote box.. but then in the post, you see the typed emoticon...

:D:):(:P

Edited by Lmangla

not sure if all the emoticons are working. when I try to include them (by typing them), they show up as broken in the quote box.. but then in the post, you see the typed emoticon...

:D:):(:P

​We have reported to the system developers at IPB that there are missing emoticons.

Be patient as they work to resolve the issue. :)

[Report from OP about missing "last page" button when viewd on a Nexus, which for some reason the edit mode won't allow me to quote....]

​me too...

​I can reproduce this on my tab, too. But only with the device in vertical/portrait mode. If I rotate into horizontal/landscape mode, then the double right-arrow button for the  "last" page appears as it should.

This problem is visible in the stock Android browser, as well as on Chrome and FF for Android.  It can also be seen if you switch FF into "Developer | Responsive Design View" on a desktop machine and specify simulating a phone or tab. I don't have an Ipad to hand, but I suspect it may bite under IOS too.

My hunch is that this is a bug in the "responsiveness" code, either js or css. In any case, it looks like something for the developers' attention.

(For anyone who doesn't know, "responsiveness" is the word misused in the Web design community for what should be called "adaptability". It refers to the way in which a site, as it loads, detects the type and capacity of the target device and adjusts the display accordingly.)

• Like 1

hi ya! you probably know this but the forum was acting all strange today and wouldn't allow folks to log in at all today (asia day)....

the other bug that is weird and happens from time to time is when you click on the star/black dot to read the latest posts, it will jump ahead sometimes and not start from where you read last.. since there is no # of new posts indicated (like in the old forum), we don't realize that we haven't read some posts till you see some conversation referring to something and then have to go and back read.. have been trying to figure out when this exactly happens but it happens rather randomly.... can we have a # of new posts indication?