Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

May I ask if there's some way to edit/revise the HTML/CSS code for a post? Sometimes, when I paste content from another page, or even quote then delete the image/Youtube video, the spacing, fonts, etc. are all jumbled. With the old forum, there was an easy button to reveal the code and I could fix things...

:)

Edit -- here's a quick example of a large block of space when deleting a quoted Youtube video: 

Edited by pre

May I ask if there's some way to edit/revise the HTML/CSS code for a post? Sometimes, when I paste content from another page, or even quote then delete the image/Youtube video, the spacing, fonts, etc. are all jumbled. With the old forum, there was an easy button to reveal the code and I could fix things...

Edit -- here's a quick example of a large block of space when deleting a quoted Youtube video: 

​Unfortunately, the "source" feature is disabled for members due to security purposes. Only the staff have access to this tool for coding at the moment.

Hi, will there be a forum jump drop-down menu or something along those lines? The Vanilla version had a list of forums on the left so it was easy to jump from one forum to the next. I vaguely remember the pre-Vanilla one had a drop-down menu? Or is there already a drop-down menu somewhere and I'm just not seeing it?

Edited by Aziraphale

A quick update regarding my PM perpetually loading issue (25 replies every other interval)...

I found that just by posting a message in that PM thread actually allows the PM thread to stabilise, and I can finally see all the pages and what appears to be all the messages in the PM. Am not sure if this workaround was previously mentioned before... but anyway, it seems that my PM issue is resolved as far as I can see - thank you very much @soomp @akinahana89!

1. I do find that my original bookmarks are still not yet restored... should I give it more time to be imported?

2. Also, a few minor points, but definitely not showstoppers by any stretch of imagination:

a. Under Profile -> Activity Feed, all like indicators are shown as 0, though if clicked, it does show the people who did like a particular post. However, it displays correctly under "My Activity" page.

b. Under Followed Content, it no longer displays a Star for unread content in threads where I have previously posted. All unread posts indicator are displayed as a dark circle. 

Once again, thank you very much to management and staff for being so patient with my many questions. Truly appreciate it!

I am liking the new forum..So far so good.. I do miss the Emoticons tho. The new ones are limited but I guess l have to control my "smiling" greed. And I am still working on other stuffs as well.

Thanks a billion for your hard work and dedication in bringing a better forum experience, Soompi staffs. I wish l could do something. l know how hard it is when you're dealing with transferring data. Really tons of work. 

Will be looking forward to further changes ...Thanks again... Kisses:lol:

• Like 2

Omo I wrote a whole post that didn't go through and now I can't remember what I wrote lol

Well first of all thanks to all Soompi soldiers for the new and sleek forum. I have a couple of questions to the Mods, if you could kindly answer I'd appreciate it a lot! 

I realize that the "hidden status" is still a work in progress and we may or may not get it, but I've noticed that it's possible to eliminate "browsing status" from some profiles, is there a way to guide us through how we can do that? 

Also, is there a way to advise on how to edit the "fan level" for those with more than 500 post count? I've tried my darnedest but could not figure it out! I look forward to your reply :) 

Also, is there a way to advise on how to edit the "fan level" for those with more than 500 post count? I've tried my darnedest but could not figure it out! I look forward to your reply

​Go to [Profile] and click on [Edit Profile].

Under [basic Info], there is an option to customize [Member Title] above [birthday] for users with 500 posts or more.

Thanks @ebullient done deal, but still can't figure how to hide my browsing status ...Hope someone can help with that :) 

​It is not possible at the moment. I will update you on its future developments.

The edit profile in advanced settings doesn't work

hZ2M8PL.png 

Nor does the privacy button, this error message occurs 

CYMXEoZ.pngDoes this mean we'll be able to access these features in future?

Edit: 

In fact, clicking on the other options results in the same error code.

Edited by MadraRua
  • Like 2

I notice that couple of issues with access from mobile devices have persisted in the new site. When I try to access it via Chrome on my S5 running Lollipop 5.0, I can't login because the dropdown login screen doesn't come up, either in the mobile or desktop mode. All that happens is the screen greys out, as in this screenshot:

If I try using Dolphin browser, I can access the login mrnu, but when I try to login, I get this error message:

The Dolphin thing, as you've noticed, isn't specific to soompi. It's down to what Dolphin (and Puffin) does. These browsers are able to show Flash media on more recent  Android  devices where Flash plugins are no longer supported. That makes them a godsend to people who need access to the zillions of Korean sites that still assume everyone is running Flash on IE5, (probably under under pirated Windows XP, as nearly 40% of desktops in S. Korea are estimated to still do). But they do that by proxying the traffic through their own servers, which read the Flash from the target site and transcode it into HTML5 video which newer Androids can handle, before sending it back to the users. But that hits a problem with sites that use seriously secure login methods, generally via encrypted exchanges with separate authentication servers.  The authentication server sees the Dolphin or Puffin proxy server as a "man-in-the-middle" attacker because it (correctly enough) detects that the proxy isn't the brower that originated the request and isn't passing the right authentication tokens.  Hence no authorization by the login server, and no authentication cookie which is needed to access the main site.  There's nothing soompi or Invision can do about this (short of reverting to seriously insecure login procedures.)

As for the other issue, I can't reproduce it myself, but then I'm still on Android 4. But that "grayout' normally happens when a web page has put up a modal dialogue (i.e. one that the user has to deal with before being able to interact with the main page) but that modal dialogue isn't actually displayed on any part of the screen the user can access because of a rendering error of some kind. That creates deadlock, because you can't even see the thing you have to interact with before you can get rid of the gray overlay and access the main page itself.  This could be because there's something in the Invision css that's causing the problem, but since you are seeing it only on Chrome it might be worth while reporting this to a Chrome for android user site as well.

• Like 1

Guest ktiminie

​no it was spammers, we seems to have a surge in spammers

​Hopefully Soompi will handle the situation, keep it up guys and thanks again for the hard work!!

I notice that couple of issues with access from mobile devices have persisted in the new site. When I try to access it via Chrome on my S5 running Lollipop 5.0, I can't login because the dropdown login screen doesn't come up, either in the mobile or desktop mode. All that happens is the screen greys out, as in this screenshot:

If I try using Dolphin browser, I can access the login mrnu, but when I try to login, I get this error message:

The cloudflare issue in particular is a longstanding one. I can access the site through the stock Android browser, but thought that sharing the issues might be helpful. 

I noticed the same thing on my phone. It's really only the soompi forum opening up a side bar on the right, so pinch your screen to zoom out and you should see the sign in functions on the right.

--

I'm having an issue where I can't go and ediposttsed . I get an error saying "This comment can no longer be edited. It may have been moved or deleted, or too much time may have passed since it was posted for it to be edited."

I get that on my phone and browser, regardless of how long ago I actually posted it.

Also, if you look above at what I bolded, typing on mobile is terribleterrible. It keeps duplicating words and such and I constantly have to go back and remove these duplicate words.

• Like 1