Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

Hello,

I was away for two months and when I came back I was very surprise that my home is not the same as it used to be. I found that this site is much slower than the old one and few other things that most of people already pointed out from previous postings. I am on the same page as @lmangla as far as the log in issues, the mobile user friendliness and the glaringly white page (I used to have this forum up 20/7 and I am not kidding,..... but I cannot do that anymore as it hurts my eyes). My question to Admin; 

• Is this site still in working progress?
  • Are concerns being considered and will be addressed soon?
  • Is there time line for making improvement?

Thank you for your time and I hope we can work something out and able to keep people for not leaving this site.

whynotboth-1414029073@3x.gifMaybe I'm in the minority but I like the new site. It's got a few kinks here and there that need ironing out, but on the whole it functions well. I'm willing to give it time to settle itself. I'm typing this on my iPhone as we speak and not encountering any problems.   Thanks to the staff for all their hard work 

Edited by MadraRua
Because I can
  • Like 2

hi. can i ask. i can't log in my account using my soompi network id only. it says i should put @ then email address. but i can't remember the email address that i use because of that i made another account. i just want to use my old one. i remember my username and password in my old account but i can't remember the email address i used.

Edited by ms_kdramalover

Dearest Soomp/admins, I apologise if this question has been asked already. Since my net connectivity is too slow, I couldn't skim through all of the pages to check if it were so. Anyway, what I wanted to ask is this---will the forum messages/post prior to the migration be reinstated? Thank you for your kind consideration.

@rubie - are you still having issues with Chrome displaying the mobile version of the editor (missing the font, etc, dropdowns?) If so, please shoot me a PM 

I know people really want to have the Reactions back. We'd love to be able to incorporate something like this, but there aren't any readily available plugins for it yet. Thanks for your patience as we continue to work through migration and stability issues (for better or for worse, we launched on a brand-spanking new version of this forum, so Invision is working out a lot of kinks on their end as well ^^;;)

-soomp

​I don't know what happened but I got all my edit buttons back! :w00t: Didn't even realized when it happened, already so used to the situation and making bottles of lemonade out of all the lemons. I was thinking of what @baduy suggested i.e. do a complete Google clean-up and reinstall although I've been dragging my feet to do so. Was only going to PM you after doing this but it's all back to normal. Phew!

Really don't know what happened.. maybe Soompi fixed it, maybe Google fixed itself, I'm just glad and want to say a very big

panda1-1.gif THANK YOU!!!  panda1-1.gif

ps: I do notice that previously with the missing buttons, the forum format was a bit different, for example, the "Like" button was on top of the Quote and Edit functions on the left. Now with all the buttons back in place, the Like button is solely on the right-hand bottom corner.

Just had another "insert link" issue.  The link has "&" in it, and "amp;" was added after the "&" in the link, so it doesn't work.  When I edit the post and check the link, it shows up right, but in the final post, it's wrong.

Guest pariG

Hi all Admins/Moderators,

need some help with group chats settings 

when you left a group chat  a pop up appears asking if you want to leave the conversation permanently?  It's that choice or cancel there is no in between.  even if after that your friends wanna add you back , they face trouble to invite you  back in.  maybe it's a glitch.  

i just want to bring into attention of  the Admins or Moderators, a glitch is  here in soompi forum in group chat settings  ,

people sometimes left group to take a break to get back to real life ., sometimes you click by mistake , like it happen with me, it got clicked by me when soompi was crashing a week back . or whatever reason...still Even though  if you hit permanent, why can't another person still be able to invite you back.  

Is there any solution to this problem, pls fix it :) add me into my group back :) 

thank you in advance 

pari 

EDIT

@soomp pls check your PM;s  about usernames

thank you 

Edited by pariG

Am truly sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - wasn't quite sure where to address this question, and further apologies if it is a really dumb question:

How do I get rid of multi-tiered quotes?

Say I wish only to reply the last post of a multi-tiered quote, somehow or rather I can't figure out a way to delete the other unrelated quotes.

e.g.

I am quoting a post to reply to (person A who is quoting person B who quoted person C who quoted person D etc etc)

I only want to quote person A's comment and delete the other quotes (persons B,C, D....)

I have only ever managed to delete the content of persons B, C, D's quotes, but not able to totally delete the quotes themselves from my post.

This is highly annoying for posters who were being quoted, e.g.I have often found myself getting notification after notification but finding that the conversation of the originally quoted post had totally deviated from what I wrote in the original post.

Appreciate any tips on how to do this, and if possible to have this added to the FAQ and tutorial. Thank you!

Hi, I just encountered problems viewing my Followed Content... it was working fine until a while ago today. I don't appear to have any issues viewing threads, sending PMs or giving likes on the official threads. As such, can someone please help to check and resolve my bookmark issue? 

In addition, sometimes when I click "Like" on a thread, I would get a popup window saying I do not have permission to like the user's post (or something to that effect - sorry, I did not screencap the error when I got it)  However, my like is still assigned to that post. What could be causing this issue?

Thank you for all your help.

The mention code never works for me... Is there a specific way to get it work?

@ c_gunawan541 

@c_gunawan541

Nevermind that. I get the code working now but the lag of username appearing made me think it won't work :P Actually, I really think it'll be better to add a "@" mention button in the editing box since it's easier for people to get it to work...

@c_gunawan541

Edited by c_gunawan541

Hi, I just encountered problems viewing my Followed Content... it was working fine until a while ago today. I don't appear to have any issues viewing threads, sending PMs or giving likes on the official threads. As such, can someone please help to check and resolve my bookmark issue? 

Quick heads up. Looks like my Followed Content is now accessible. Thank you! 

Guest stoicbot

hello there, I've went through all 16 pages and still no answers. I was wondering what is the exact dimension for me to upload a cover picture on my profile?

hello there, I've went through all 16 pages and still no answers. I was wondering what is the exact dimension for me to upload a cover picture on my profile?

If you don't want to crop your picture for the cover, the dimensions would be 1580 px x 200 px.

I seem to be intermittently getting the following popup error message when I click "Like" on a post:

SoompiNotAllowedToGiveReputation_zpsvgqb

However, when I check, the post still registers my Like.
May I know what is causing this?

This has only been happening recently, but every so often the system "automatically" unfollows a thread I bookmarked after I post in that specific thread. Not sure if this is a technical glitch waiting to be fixed?

-----

This one is probably related to my inability at formatting posts:

Sometimes a large chunk of space takes up extra room between paragraphs in a lengthy post, even though the spacing between sections looks fine before submission (e.g. the first post in the "Time We Were Not In Love" thread). Shift+enter doesn't seem to be helping.

Thanks!

Am truly sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - wasn't quite sure where to address this question, and further apologies if it is a really dumb question:

How do I get rid of multi-tiered quotes?

Say I wish only to reply the last post of a multi-tiered quote, somehow or rather I can't figure out a way to delete the other unrelated quotes.

e.g.

I am quoting a post to reply to (person A who is quoting person B who quoted person C who quoted person D etc etc)

I only want to quote person A's comment and delete the other quotes (persons B,C, D....)

I have only ever managed to delete the content of persons B, C, D's quotes, but not able to totally delete the quotes themselves from my post.

This is highly annoying for posters who were being quoted, e.g.I have often found myself getting notification after notification but finding that the conversation of the originally quoted post had totally deviated from what I wrote in the original post.

Appreciate any tips on how to do this, and if possible to have this added to the FAQ and tutorial. Thank you!

This is what I do: Delete the grey bar on the left of the quoted post along with the post content. Best to work in order of the posts quoted, so in the example you gave, delete D's quoted post + grey bar before removing C's, then B's. Ideally, if the formatting is not screwed up, you should then be only left with A's post. If it gets too frustrating, I guess just use the @

Hope that works for you. If someone has a better suggestion, please share cuz this quoting system is getting irritating.

• Like 2

This is what I do: Delete the grey bar on the left of the quoted post along with the post content. Best to work in order of the posts quoted, so in the example you gave, delete D's quoted post + grey bar before removing C's, then B's. Ideally, if the formatting is not screwed up, you should then be only left with A's post. If it gets too frustrating, I guess just use the @

Hope that works for you. If someone has a better suggestion, please share cuz this quoting system is getting irritating.

@Aziraphale That worked beautifully! Thank you so much for your help... you are truly a lifesaver :wub:

• Like 1