Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

She is not able to log into the forums and contact the moderators

​Please have her contact our support team via email for account related issues: support@soompi.com

It is preferable to use the same email address she registered into our forums for user authentication.

Thanks!

​Please have her contact our support team via email for account related issues: support@soompi.com

It is preferable to use the same email address she registered into our forums for user authentication.

Thanks!

This may be totally irrelevant to this case, but I noticed something really weird which applies when using a tab with  Android 4.2 and the Google Korean IME. When trying to log in to any site (not just these forums) that requires an email address as ID, if you try to get the @ character by a downward swipe on  the d key (in latin script input mode, of course) you see the @ on screen in the login form, but when you try to do the actual login, you get a "username or password invalid" type of response. You need to forget about the "swipe" facility for that particular character and switch the keyboard display  to the '123' mode, then select the @ from there (second row left) before going back to alpha mode to complete the email ID. Somehow, the Google IME seems to be using the wrong internal encoding for the @ character when it's input via a downswipe-d.  There's just an outside chance that this might lie behind this particular user's difficulties.

• Like 1

This may be totally irrelevant to this case, but I noticed something really weird which applies when using a tab with  Android 4.2 and the Google Korean IME. When trying to log in to any site (not just these forums) that requires an email address as ID, if you try to get the @ character by a downward swipe on  the d key (in latin script input mode, of course) you see the @ on screen in the login form, but when you try to do the actual login, you get a "username or password invalid" type of response. You need to forget about the "swipe" facility for that particular character and switch the keyboard display  to the '123' mode, then select the @ from there (second row left) before going back to alpha mode to complete the email ID. Somehow, the Google IME seems to be using the wrong internal encoding for the @ character when it's input via a downswipe-d.  There's just an outside chance that this might lie behind this particular user's difficulties.

​Perhaps. Issues related to the platform either on mobile devices or on desktop are mostly dealt by our forum host service, Invision.

It may be also a simple case of password reset too.

Soompi forum load so SLOW when my internet connection having no problem at all. I was so active on shippers' paradise but I rarely log in nowadays coz waiting for a page to load is a pain. Hmmm....

I'm having the same problem.  Is someone going to fix this?

glad to see the site back up again!! and it's gonna take some time again to get used to the change, but hey, i'm sure it's the best move. good luck with everything else and thank you so much for all the hardwork!! take care everyone!!

• Like 1

Unlink button (changing the hyperlink into text)  is also missing .    

Also mentioning (  @  username ) has delays. --> after mentioning the name ,  there are times when I press the enter key the cursor doesn't immediately go to the next line.

Also there are times it doesn't highlight  the name that I mentioned.

I hope there's also resizing photos, gifs and videos manually.

Edited by uglypearl

hi @MadraRua! You are able to see your name on the online list, but no one else can see it, and also can't see what you are viewing on your Profile.

You can open an incognito window or another browser not logged in to confirm.

• Like 1

hi @MadraRua! You are able to see your name on the online list, but no one else can see it, and also can't see what you are viewing on your Profile.

You can open an incognito window or another browser not logged in to confirm.

As someone else who very much welcomes this feature, I figured out the feature worked this way by comparing what I saw on a laptop (logged in) and a tab (not logged it at that time).

But I think it might be a good idea if this was pointed out in the documentation for profile settings (or maybe stated in the profile settings form,)  Otherwise I foresee people repeatedly thinking the feature isn't working and sending in unnecessary bug reports.

• Like 2

Hi @soomp and thanks for the reply. I turned the feature off three days ago (made my online status visible) but it seems to not be showing even after I logged out and back in again. It won't turn off if you know what I mean. I just logged out there again and viewed my profile and it's still showing 'last visited' 19 May. Sorry for the confusion.

• Like 2

Unlink button (changing the hyperlink into text)  is also missing .    

Also mentioning (  @  username ) has delays. --> after mentioning the name ,  there are times when I press the enter key the cursor doesn't immediately go to the next line.

​I have these problems, too, and wondering if a fix is in place?

I often find @ tags don't work properly, either with a long delay before the drop down menu appears, or not at all :(

Similarly, inserting links often don't work -- basically nothing happens after I add a link and text :(

w8gAOL6.gif

Thank you for the work on the forums. I think it loads a bit faster on the previous one, but everything is accessed quite easily on this format. Some posts are gone now I guess, but that's not a big deal. I'm wondering how to skip to the last page in a thread once you're a few pages back? Otherwise I have to go back to sections and click on the latest page number.

Edited by sweetcream