Welcome to the new Soompi Forums!

@xstarBURST yeah I know. I've seen an increase in them too. The difficult thing is that sometimes they even make sense as it's a proper reaction to the topic. However, when in doubt, you can simply report the post (click "Report Post" at the top of the post) and we'll check it out.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Tinkiebell
3 hours ago, mammamia2 said:

@CamelKnight May I ask if soompi still has a 2000-page limit?

@mammamia2 , only the Shippers Paradise section has this rule and indeed that rule still stands (again, only for that section). 

• 1 month later...
Guest knockblock

Last May this thread was made. Since then not much has changed in terms of member participation. Those who are wondering about the activity of the forum have to be bored just about now. It wouldn't be far-fetched to say that there's barely anything to do anymore.  

One major discerning thing about the forum activity is how people say stuff just to tell you stuff. People often times don't seem to have a purpose. The forum would be better when it looks like they do. Certain parts of the forum are notorious for this, and appear polluted because of the fact. I'd attribute that to how the forum is built. The goal of a forum, and depending on what a section is about, is to promote stuff. This forum isn't built to effectively do that. It isn't built to make the threads on the forum as good as they can be. There's gonna have to be a change in how things are being done to accomplish that.

I'm of the opinion that the forum needs a revamp. There needs to be a restructure/re-organization of the sub-forums. Also, again, a change in how things are being done and run to make the forum more effective. Some of the sections that had their own dedicated area in the past also need to be resurrected. Things took a dive when those sub-forums got demolished. The forum is at a point where its extremely boring and has to give more for people to do.

I have my stance on the matter. What does everyone else say? I would go into more specifics regarding the activity but I won't do it in here, I'll save that for other threads.

• 1 month later...
Guest knockblock

Many of the sub-forums seem deserted or people just don't care. This is the result of things that carried over over the years. Part of the problem is that the main interest is dampened. I think the site needs to build on the main interests, the Korean music and tv shows/movies specifically. The sections focused on them need better organization and structure, where people actually have a conversation. Then for the other things, this community needs to think/figure out about what's exciting to see and what people don't care about.

The big one that needs to be looked into more is orchestrating user content. To make content in the posts and threads better. Threads most of the time don't turn out good, so they require orchestration. This is vital in making the sub-forums have more direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am still having problems with this version.

Older posts that I have already posted are still there when I want to write in a new post - constantly., like all the time.

Before I post something new, I have to clear the respond box from material I have  already posted.

Now, my video does not get embedded.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsJKm8ffjg8

https://youtu.be/LsJKm8ffjg8

Please help. Thank you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, angelangie said:

@irilight i tried with 2 of your links it doesnt get embedded but when i put in others links it seems to work? did you tried with others links?

@angelangie interesting... I wonder then, why would some video get embedded and some not???

Let me try another one...

yep.. that one worked... I wonder what's up with that.  Thank you @angelangie  :wub:

On 7/29/2016 at 7:15 PM, irilight said:

Older posts that I have already posted are still there when I want to write in a new post - constantly., like all the time.

Before I post something new, I have to clear the respond box from material I have  already posted.

Thank you for bringing this up. This used to happen every once in a while to me but, lately it is happening a lot more too.  It just happened now in a thread.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest knockblock

I'm going to extrapolate on the points I made earlier.

Many of the sub-forums don't have the level of activity they used to. The forum should build on the main interests, then see what can be done for the other areas. The K entertain discussion section is too convoluted, it needs to be broken up. I think a Korean music section like in the old days would serve the forum well, and revision made to it. I think the discussion section for Korean TV shows/movies stuff should be on its own, also revised. The Kpop sub-forum is the same thing as the old celebrity photos section, I would change its name. The school zone is hardly active. I would change it into a under 20 section, where people under 20 can go to. These are just a few things that I thought of. 

The forum employs only local moderators. This place should start having a global/super moderator like other forums do. A global/super moderator works all areas of the forum and not just a few sections. It would make the forum look better.

What the forum is struggling at is motivating people to have an interaction with others. Often times discussion threads go bad. I plan to do a thread on how to solve the problem. How to orchestrate the user content. I'll be talking about the specific procedures and methods. By doing this, it'll provide grounds on how the forum activity can function better.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, SC7 said:

Disqus is BACKKKKKKKKKKKK voot voot! no more changing activity log so that my fam doesn't think im not studying

LOLOL! Mine just roll their eyes when they see that I'm on Soompi again :P 

• Like 1