Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

@kdramafangirlzI've found even bigger ones, so I've replaced them in the previous post. I can't exactly stare at them yet, so I will double, triple check the quality when I get home. 
By the way, thanks for the translation of the news articles. I was having great difficulties understanding them to be honest, and the fonts used hurt my eyes. Okay, I am signing off. :))
EDIT: @minksquared - FIXED!

Guest mkjackson_at_gmail.com_stv

Oh my goodness...I can't stay away from this site.  He is just too cute for words.  And he seems like such a nice person also.  I love how he loves his mom.  Healer is my number one drama, Secret Garden is second, with Empress Ki close behind.  The first few episodes of Empress Ki, particularly Episode 4 and 5 This young man is simply adorable.  Oh, if I could only recover from Healer...but such a lovely problem to have.  Loved everything about the Drama, everything.

@sia3‌ Let me send you a big big virtual hug for constantly and alas find the HD versions!!! Thank you! Resave everything! This set of shoots are really really really distracting, not listening in class. And youre welcome too! I agree the fonts of the chinese trans were hard to read ^^ Ah, but the things Healer and JCW do to us, read it anyway and try to translate XD

I'm so proud of JCW. Despite Healer's ratings, he is still being offered with many projects, his musical shows are sold out quick, and he is more well-known than before.  I am happy that his true talent is recognized.  :x JCW wants to take 2-3 more projects before joining the army. I hope he will do at least a movie, and a drama in this year. 
:>

*** He really has no choice but to enter the MS this year or later next year. According to K-law, a conscript is only allowed to postpone military service until the age of 29.

Ji Chang-wook plans to join Army next year

Actor Ji Chang-wook was honest about his plan to join the Army in a recent interview with a local media outlet.

(OSEN)

The actor, who played a mysterious errand guy in the KBS drama “Healer,” which ended early this month, is set to star in the musical “The Days” in March.

“This will be my last musical before joining the Army next year. I feel sorry that I have to stop working but I will be more relaxed after I return,” he said.

Though it seems a bit late for the 27-year-old to join the Army, Ji said he was confident he could adapt to the military as he spent most of his teens in a boys’ school.

He also expressed his passion for performing in musicals during the interview.

“Being on the stage has different charms from appearing in a drama. In front of the camera, you have a chance to do it again, but you don’t on the stage. You cannot cut off the flow. This tension makes me feel happy and respected,” Ji said.

(khnews@heraldcorp.com)

Abit more translations I did from chinese trans in JCW's baidu ba so full credits to them
From JCW words: I don't believe in one person bringing the success or failure of the whole drama. 'I'm the one leading this drama'. having such thoughts will bring about a big burden. Instead, there should be trust in your co stars and crew in order to go on with the drama well. Healer - director, writer, Yoo Ji Tae sunbae, Park Min Young, aren't they all there as well? It's because I trust them, I felt more assured. I felt that it's because of the company of the casts and crew could this become a success. 
 Some actors would be worried to return to long dramas after acting in short dramas but I don't agree. More of worried about whether will be able to persevere to the very end I guess. Healer , to me, is a drama that I hope and want to keep doing. I feel happy and blissful when I see SJN scripts, and also the casts and crew who worked with me and trusted me, I feel glad because of that as well. But I usually stress a lot after seeing the scripts as well, wondering if I will be able to portray the emotions well. In the scripts, there's a lot of detailed little emotions that has to be portrayed out, so it's interesting, and at the same time, when I need to portray junghoo in the scene where he don't know how to cry, it's really difficult - there was the scene where I had to cry for my teacher . This drama has a lot aspects I gotta hold it in, so it's not easy. 
 Although filming might be tired, but mentally I received some healing. Like how CYS healed SJH pain in the drama, and growing. Healer's story encompasses the society, and so the way to structure it in a single intro or definition/plot. It's not just about reporters, action, emotions, romance goes on together and that's not easy.  Want to say that it involves society problems, it's something that can't be shown well if we were to only use one genre/topic. I think it's very different from Pinocchio which was earlier on airing at the same period as us. Seo Jung hoo doesn't care about justice or moral values, he chases his own dreams, like many young people nowadays.  
I didn't care about the ratings and worked happily on set. This production made me really happy. Besides fans and audiences, seniors, casts and crew , writer, director who gave me lots of faith in it, made me felt blissful. When I receive trust from others, it really boost my morale a lot. Finally he also mentioned that he will keep on improving and hope everyone will keep watching.

Guest Cinderella1

kdramafangirlz said: Reposting here what I posted in the Healer thread. From what I understand from some parts of Chinese translations of JCW interviews from his baidu ba, and I havent seen these small parts translated much yet (i think) :) - JCW discussed the regrets he has for Healer - (as previously mentioned in the interviews he did with Tudou and iQiyi and also on earlier post-drama interviews if you all remembered). because of time issues, the lack of time, they weren't able to complete some scenes in the final few eps of the drama... if they have had more time, would they have been able to deliver a better product (for the episodes)? JCW felt regretful about that... (the article writer described JCW's expressions when he answered abt all these that he really misses the drama) He also mentioned the rooftop kiss as the most memorable but also the difficult one, because the emotions delivered has to be on point and he spent a lot of time on that. On him receiving praises, he said it is not just the effort of him alone but all the entire casts and crew, which he is really thankful for. He also mentioned about the not so ideal ratings, there are times he feel angry and sorry for the work of casts and crew which seems meaningless due to no good ratings... but he also know that ratings are not everything.

Guest Cinderella1

i read this on twitter : "Before filming the kiss scene, I'm the type that will not smoke and apply perfume."
which interview is this ? and i didn't know that uri puppy smokes !!