Ji Chang Wook 지창욱 - Upcoming Dramas: "The Queen Woo" (우씨왕후) (TVING) / "Bulk" (벌크) (JTBC) / Upcoming Movie "Revolver" (리볼버)

cherkell

I saw some news article in Korean that fans posted on their Instagram regarding Ji Chang Wook and some other casts of Backstreet Rookie will participate in SBS’s “Running Man” soon to help promote their upcoming drama. I’m not sure because I cannot read Korean and I just use “translation” function on google. Is it true? If so, it’s such a breaking news! Because I thought JCW is so afraid of the games in Running Man already. 

@cherkell , I thought that riding the roller coaster in Running Man in 2014 was a traumatic experience to JCW. He even vomitted when riding the chaos ride with Lee Kwang Soo. His Mom also said he looked so silly in that Running Man show, hehe...Anyway, I don’t think they will do that to him again. They will treat him and other guests better this time, no more thrilling mental-tortured rides! I’m excited for it. It’d be fun to see JCW and LKS team again!

I m new to the Korean drama world 

It started with CLOY this quarantine and the rest is history

I m so glad Netflix has a lot of good Korean content with subtitles

After cloy and Alhambra

Watched healer and prison playbook 

God what amazing yet diverse content 

I m still in healer hangover 

Can't get over the chemistry of healer and park bong su with the girl 

I so wish they are cast together again somewhere

I want to watch k2 and other shows of him but none of the heroines are upto the mark

• Love 1

Cherkell did a very thorough research about JCW and compiled them all in the first page. Great job! :)

However, I think you missed a few things: he sang OST “Kissing You” for mini web drama “7 first kisses” in 2017. It’s a very good song, and there are 2 other professional singers that acted in this mini drama, but JCW was chosen to sing the OST. I’m so proud of him!

Also, he is the model for fragrance/fashion brand Bench since 2019. 
He also received an award from Tencent App Night Star on Jan 17, 2016.

He dubbed the animated film “Your Name” in 2017. Last night I’ve just watched this anime, and it is so good! I couldn’t find the Korean version that has JCW’s voice. Anyway, after watching it, I think I understand why JCW did the threading bracelet for his fans in 2019 when he was back from military :rolleyes:
I’m so sad that his Chinese drama “Mr. Right” has not been aired yet after 4 years. There was a rumor that it would be aired after Lunar New Year in 2020 but until now there is no news! :(

• Love 1

14 minutes ago, Tuvi Girl said:

Cherkell did a very thorough research about JCW and compiled them all in the first page. Great job! :)

The front page is definitely not up-to-date, and I blame Soompi's inconsistent "upgrading" of its platform in which parts of a thread's first page will not let the edits 'stick' or properly embed the links.  Even after many requests and conversations with the IT admins, they still cannot come up with a valid answer as to why this is happening.

I am hoping to move the photos and videos to another hosting platform soon, and hopefully that should take care of the problems.  Updates will be forthcoming.  Stay tuned!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, cherkell said:

I am hoping to move the photos and videos to another hosting platform soon, and hopefully that should take care of the problems.  Updates will be forthcoming.  Stay tuned!

V-E-R-R-R-R-Y  I-N-T-E-R-E-ST-I-N-G!!!!   Can't wait....Since you've been doing your research and compiling for, let's see, 9 years + now, I guess you are ready for a change. 

Just finished watching Healer 

God it's SUCH A GEM OF A PROJECT 

I so wish it was JCW in what's wrong With secretary Kim with park shin hye instead of the guy who is so misfit in that CEO role 

In healer he was so outstanding given he was so young there 

Many people compare him with Lee min ho but I find JCW way more versatile than LMH......

His interactions with all the characters and his different feelings for them seemed so real I was pleasantly surprised 

I will really miss his pairing with PSH coz I have already gone through the trailers of his other dramas and NONE of the heroines unfortunately are anywhere near the healer chemistry

Sighssssss

• Off-Topic 1

Hi @Abanti Farook and welcome to the Ji Chang Wook thread!  We appreciate your posting, but let's be careful to not disparage other actors and actresses who have worked with Ji Chang Wook in the past... or may work with in the future.  This forum is to celebrate Ji Chang Wook's projects and successes, not to compare him to other actors or co-stars, and especially not to compare him as an actor in other dramas that he had no involvement in whatsoever.

When people start getting into the "my actor is better than your actor" comparison mindset, it does a disserve to Ji Chang Wook's fandom and makes us look petty, jealous and weak.  We need to concentrate on Ji Chang Wook in this thread -- not make random comments about others.  There is a way to provide constructive criticism without tearing down other actors and actresses.

Please be cognizant of this going forward.  If you have any questions, just PM me and I'll be happy to answer.  Thank you.